Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Whenever an opponent casts a noncreature spell, Cindervines deals 1 damage to that player.
, Sacrifice Cindervines: Destroy target artifact or enchantment. Cindervines deals 2 damage to that permanent's controller.
2 months ago
Haha, honestly fair enough, I invested in a set of them recently for my modern zombie deck, works super well. Your list looks pretty tight anyway, so cutting 4 cards for the vials would be hard.
I love playing tribal, and I think if I get bored of zombies I would def do werewolves next. Do you play this at modern nights? and if so what would the sideboard look like? I'd guess like Full Moon's Rise , Cindervines , perhaps Ground Seal or something that hates on graveyards Weathered Runestone
2 months ago
- Aura Shards + Mirari's Wake + Faeburrow Elder + Knight of Autumn + Knight of New Alara Eladamri's Call + Wildfield Borderpost
- Bard Class + Cindervines + Huntmaster of the Fells Flip + Klothys, God of Destiny + Radha, Heart of Keld + Xenagos, God of Revels + Decimate + Dire-Strain Rampage + Escape to the Wilds + Hull Breach + Firewild Borderpost
- Binding the Old Gods + Leyline Prowler + Windgrace's Judgment + Vraska, Golgari Queen + Culling Ritual + Maelstrom Pulse
- Hidetsugu Consumes All Flip + Kardur, Doomscourge + Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger + Olivia, Crimson Bride + Orcus, Prince of Undeath + Kolaghan's Command + Rakdos Charm + Dreadbore + Veinfire Borderpost
- Baleful Strix + Hostage Taker + Mistvein Borderpost
- Coiling Oracle + Rootcoil Creeper + Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath + Growth Spiral + Tamiyo, Collector of Tales + Bring to Light + Croaking Counterpart
- Elite Guardmage + Niambi, Esteemed Speaker + Soulherder + Faithful Mending + Fieldmist Borderpost
- General Ferrous Rokiric + Aurelia's Fury + Wear / Tear + Deafening Clarion + Solar Blaze
- Izzet Staticaster + Prismari Command + Expressive Iteration
- Despark + Fracture + Inkshield + Kaya's Guile + Merciless Eviction
- Fires of Invention + Ignoble Hierarch + Sylvan Caryatid + Blasphemous Act + Demonic Tutor + Farseek + Arcane Signet + Chromatic Lantern + Coalition Relic + Commander's Sphere + Panharmonicon + Tome of the Guildpact + Urza's Filter
4 months ago
Booster: Let's Slow This Down
6 months ago
7 months ago
This looks like a really good, solid kitchen table-type deck! It's always nice to see more of those types of casual superstars.
One choice that stands out to me, however, is Warden of the Chained... he seems like a reasonable "underpriced creature with a drawback," but it's actually quite easy to do better in . The best example is perhaps Gruul Spellbreaker, who can be the same size and mana cost but has some other abilities, too, without the drawback. In my experience, the card is dirt cheap, so budget is no worry!
One other option you might want to consider is having a way to deal with noncreature permanents. It would be shut down by something like Sphere of Safety or Call to the Grave. I think one of the most efficient budget options is Hull Breach, though you might also like the incidental damage from something like Cindervines or Destructive Revelry. Ancient Grudge is also super efficient if you're more worried about artifacts in particular. If you'd rather handle it on the creature side of things, Sunder Shaman and Gemrazer are both solid options!
9 months ago
Forgot about Xenagos, God of Revels for more buff creatures
Broken Bond solid remove plus ramp, Cindervines a much smaller Ruric but can add up, Destructive Revelry one of the best artifact/enchantment removals in my opinion, Wilt is ok the cycling can help some but not the greatest, Decimate/Hull Breach just some of the best removals
9 months ago
Bard Class may be worth running, but as it stands I don't see it as being better than anything else in the deck :/
Chalice certainly a favorite of mine, it's hiding at the top of the Ramp and Kicker categories ;)
Again, thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Magic dialogue is up there among the things that make me chattiest...
9 months ago
Would for sure test it out! Cindervines is a really good anti combo piece against anything with storm or the many different Underworld Breach Combos running around, but if that's not super prevalent in your playgroup, I could see it being cut! It also doesn't do a whole lot against single card combos, like Kiki or Ad Naus. And I believe you are correct, a conspired spell wouldn't trigger your commander's casting trigger, though a conspired copied spell would still be kicked if the original target was also kicked!
Also in terms of newer cards, Bard Class may also fit your bill, making your commander cheaper and entering with a 1/1 counter!
And in brainstorming, I did think of things with Multikicker! Everflowing Chalice is a great scaling ramp spell! Or if you intend to cast a whole bunch of kicked spells, the cost reduction from Vine Gecko seems decent!