|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ravnica: City of Guilds||Rare|
Combos Browse all
( can be paid with either or .)
Other permanents you control can't be the targets of spells or abilities your opponents control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Privileged Position Discussion
5 days ago
6 days ago
I have taken it out and put in Well of Lost Dreams
1 week ago
LeaPlath thanks for the input! I knew this deck really lacked direction going in, which is why I put it up for help. I'm fairly new to constructing a deck so I wanted to get it under the eyes of people who are more experienced at it. The three foundation cards are Isochron Scepter, Silence, and Grand Abolisher. The initial idea was to counter a spell heavy control deck that constantly threw out counter spells. Getting out Grand Abolisher provides a safety bubble to cast spells within my turn.
Also with this deck being on the artifacty side, you think it would be better suited to go more artifacts and add in a Darksteel Forge? With that in mind I could swap out Elspeth, Knight-Errant for Saheeli Rai and/or Tezzeret the Seeker to help get things out onto the battlefield.
Any and all suggestions are welcome.
1 week ago
Nice deck! Oloro was also my first commander and the deck that I have worked on the most. A few suggestions:
Privileged Position's color identity is White/Green, so you may not run it in an Esper Commander deck.
Solitary Confinement is another Glacial Chasm, and can you give those one or two turns that you need to activate your infinite combo, or trigger Felidar Sovereign/Test of Endurance. Oloro and the aforementioned Well of Lost Dreams will keep your hand stocked so that you can keep the Confinement in play.
Venser's Journal is a pet card of mine for Oloro. It's not game-breaking, but it synergizes very well with the Well (pun intended) and gives a decent life boost every turn. Worth considering, but there are much better things to run.
Necropotence is begging for a spot here. Chances are you're already looking for one but if you're not, then do. Oloro will keep it from killing you, and if you NEED to draw into your wincon, paying half your life total is usually enough to hit it. The BBB mana cost is a little difficult to hit, but very worth it to keep your hand continuously stocked.
Overall, you have a very solid deck! +1
1 week ago
-Angel of Jubilation: meta-tech card against oloro and marchesa decks. I've tried trostani before and her token ability is just kind of slow
-Tolsimir Wolfblood: gone on my next deck revision for hour of devastation
-Privileged Position: helps protect wincon permanents from spot removal, but otherwise lackluster, might cut it later
-Collective Blessing: sits in your hand until a critical mass of tokens is reached, no different than something like overrun or thunderfoot baloth
-Night Soil: weaker graveyard hate than the other two, but significantly stronger in this deck, especially against a 4/5 man pod
-Kamahl, Fist of Krosa: wincon and boardwipe protection. you can use the overrun if it's late in the game or hold up mana to turn other people's lands into creatures when a boardwipe hits. I haven't gone full elfball enough to run ezuri yet
Garruk Wildspeaker: is both ramp and an overrun. he either survives a turn, in which case I got to ramp a bit and "gained" some life, or he keeps surviving, allowing me to ramp and threaten an overrun (planeswalker removal is kinda rare in my group, i'm really the only green player)
-Champion of Lambholt: i want to test her out in a normal game before i make a decision
-Cathars' Crusade (mentioned above): it's a card that really only needs to be out for a turn and then everything gets out of hand. I might cut it later, but i'm not ready to yet
1 week ago
Cards i would cut and some replacement suggestions:
- Soul's Attendant: doesn't advance board state. Elvish Mystic.
- Essence Warden: ibid. Llanowar Elves
- Angel of Jubilation: really difficult mana base to achieve on turn 4. Trostani, Selesnya's Voice.
- Tolsimir Wolfblood: not enough impact late game. Angel of Sanctions
- Privileged Position: wipes should be your main worry and concern Fresh Meat.
- Collective Blessing: how can you be reliably sure there will be enough creatures to take advantage of this?
- Night Soil better of just running Tormod's Crypt or Relic of Progenitus token synergy notwithstanding.
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa: too mana hungry. Needs to just be lower in expense. How about Ezuri, Renegade Leader.
- Garruk Wildspeaker: planeswalkers are notoriously fragile. He ramps on turn 4 but i'd rather have a Explosive Vegetation or a Cultivate honestly with the mana problems this deck has.
- Garruk, Primal Hunter he's not bad I'd just find another way to draw cards. Maybe Slate of Ancestry.
- Champion of Lambholt you could use some more lower cmc token producers in place of these. You have a lot of cards that make tokens better early on which doesnt do you any good with no tokens. Maybe Awakening Zone.
Try some of the weird new embalm stuff from amonkhet as well. Can help you recover from boardwipes and utilize your left over doubling seasons etc.
1 week ago
Oh can't believe I missed those. Worship is definitely going in. Isn't Privileged Position strictly better than Asceticism here? Also are there any advantages to running Aspect of Mongoose over Lightning Greaves?
Oketra the True is just there because we desperately need more indestructible creatures, especially if we're adding even more of these creatures-matter cards. Maybe Oath of Nissas would help us find copies of the better gods?