Enchantment Creature — Dryad
: Gain mana of any one colour, where X is the number of enchantments you control.
|Have (5)||Stryfe_ , gpuddleduck , , PTsmitty , CompleteWaste|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Sanctum Weaver Discussion
1 week ago
Hello KyleWynne22! Thank you for the comment!
I know this is kind of a shitty answer, but I would say the cards you ask for are very situational and meta-dependent.
- Burgeoning - I will be completely honest, I do not really like this card because we only run 28 lands in the deck. The only reason I'd ever really consider it would be because it's a 1cmc enchantment. It would be a different story if we were running say, 36 lands in the deck as you're more likely to be able to make use of it.
- Karmic Justice - Another card I'm rather iffy on. The main reason I don't particularly care for it is because most of the removal in my meta is creature based, such as Swords to Plowshares, Deadly Rollick, Unsummon, or Rapid Hybridization. You might could get away with cutting Manglehorn for it, as all it does is really add redundancy to the artifact hate we already run, such as Stony Silence and Collector Ouphe.
- Smothering Tithe - The main reason I don't run this is we run a bunch of things that shut down the activated abilities of artifacts, such as Collector Ouphe, Stony Silence, Root Maze, and I'm even considering adding a Null Rod for even more redundancy. All of these do not allow the treasure tokens to be used. If you absolutely wanted to use Smothering Tithe, I'd say probably _maybe_ replace one of the aforementioned anti-artifact cards, but we generate enough mana with things like Sanctum Weaver or even Cryptolith Rite I feel as if Smothering Tithe is completely unnecessary.
- Sylvan Library - This is probably the easiest of the bunch you asked about for me to justify including. I'd cut Ground Seal, as really the only reason I run it is due to the fact it draws a card itself upon ETB. The graveyard hate is negligible, as we run Rest in Peace for that. Really only reason I don't run it is due to the fact I don't have one and can't be bothered to go track one down.
Hopefully this answered your questions! If you have any more, or need help building your list, feel free to ask!
1 week ago
3 weeks ago
Also, you said the The World Tree made winning with Purphoros too easy, but I thought Theros gods would not entre the battlefield as creatures if you did not meet the devotion prior to casting them. How do you get the devotion for all of them before using The World Tree, to assure Purphoros triggers?
4 weeks ago
Eh he's far too slow for cedh but nothing ventured nothing gained play with it a few times and see how it performs in your group.
Their purpose is to dump massive amounts of mana into tasigur to draw more lol. With something like Seedborn Muse and Quest for Renewal you're looking at 4-5 cards a turn. Tasigur is all about grinding out value and digging for combo pieces - I read you were on a budget so I wasn't sure what the cut off was for price point. My top recommendations if you go this route are
1 month ago
Retro foil etched Force of Negation
Retro foil Ice-Fang Coatl
Retro foil etched Ice-Fang Coatl
Showcase Ignoble Hierarch (I want to hold on to my foil sketch one)
Foil borderless Sanctum Weaver
1 month ago
Duplicates removed - Monir's additions
Gaea's Will – do we have cascade or ways to make this free?
Sanctum Weaver – do we have enchantment support?
Selvala, Heart of the Wilds – older card, have we ever talked about it?
1 month ago
2 months ago
Hey, nice casual budget version of Tuvasa. You have overall good card sense on a budget, but the manabase looks neglected compared to the rest of the deck.
Vanishing and new Robe of Stars can be powerful repeatable protection for Tuvasa since phasing also affects all auras or equipment attached to Tuvasa including Vanishing or Robe. Phasing saves Tuvasa and everything attached to her from removal and this kind of protection is really good against board wipes. The wipe will affect all players, but you save Tuvasa and all auras attached to her which all return at your next untap step to attack with a huge Tuvasa where as your opponents may not have creatures.
Whip Silk is a unique aura because it can return itself to your hand from the battlefield for only one mana even at instant speed. This interaction is excellent with enchantresses to draw, having a one drop enchantment to repeatedly cast. Pair Whip with Sigarda's Aid which lets you cast auras at instant speed and Tuvasa can trigger to draw once on each player's turn. Pair Whip with Sanctum Weaver and an enchantress to make Whip a draw engine depending on how much green mana Weaver can make.
Ethereal Armor and Ancestral Mask can help to make Tuvasa huge. The first strike from Ethereal makes Tuvasa literally unblockable and Mask counts all enchantments on the battlefield including opponents. Favor of the Overbeing gives Tuvasa +2/+2 and two good abilities for two mana: flying evasion and vigilance to use her as a big blocker.
Pair Sterling Grove and new Moon-Blessed Cleric with Sun Titan for repeatable enchantment tutors. Titan is versatile repeatable reanimation since he can reanimate Tuvasa or tons of other 3 CMC or less permanents.
Some budget land upgrades to consider:
- Exotic Orchard --> Simic Guildgate
- Yavimaya Coast --> Woodland Stream
- Prairie Stream --> Tranquil Cove
- Canopy Vista --> Blossoming Sands
- Vineglimmer Snarl --> Thornwood Falls
- Fortified Village --> Temple of Enlightenment
- Port Town --> Nimbus Maze
I offer more advice including cuts to consider. Good luck with your deck.