Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Fall of the Hammer
Target creature you control deals damage equal to its power to another target creature.
3 months ago
Really nice! I've been perfecting my elemental Mardu deck for a year or so now. My goal was budget, heavy hitting tramplers, and reanimation. I had many of the same ideas you have here except white gives me access to Spark Trooper for lifegain.
- Stigma Lasher has a very nice place in my deck. It helps fill the early game but also shuts down lifegain decks by turn 3.
- I just recently replaced Double Cleave (the double strike strategy) with the newly reprinted Twinflame. It makes sense to also use Twinflame on Thunderkin Awakener where Double Cleave didn't. I figured 1 instant speed double strike 6/1 was weaker then 2 6/1s from my graveyard. This could possibly be a solution to your search for more Unearth-like cards.
- Speaking of Unearth, may I suggest using the new on-theme version: Unearth
- I decided to protect Thunderkin Awakener with Infiltration Lens because him getting blocked is most likely how he’ll die. This is because, Thunderkin must attack to trigger so why not force your opponents to decide between 1 elemental from your graveyard or maybe two from the top of your deck. Plus, I usually have an Unearth in hand. Or, maybe I'll draw into another Thunderkin.
- Also, Infiltration Lens can also be equipped to the 6/1s to encourage full damage throughput.
- There have been some games I’ve played where my graveyard seemed to run just a little dry. All my reanimation cards felt like dead cards especially when Thunderkin Awakener was doing his job. I found that drawing extra into more elementals was more reliable.
I do like a few cards you are using. I’ll look into replacing my Fall of the Hammer with Bone Shards; I really like what has been said here about it. Also Blood Mist sounds fun; I wounder if its not too slow.
If you are interested, here is the link to my deck for reference. Tappedout thinks its 75% competitive.
8 months ago
Invoke Calamity and/or Finale of Promise while a bit expensive MV wise I think it could prove useful. Not entirely sure but perhaps you could copy Ancestral Anger to gain additonal pluses once the OG is in the yard?. Thought Vessel if you feel you need a second relequary tower. Fall of the Hammer can help clear the road of blockers.
Unfortunately removing things is not my forte, so I can only make suggestions for additions. Hopefully something piques your interest.
1 year ago
When you copy a spell, you copy its number of targets.
Fall of the Hammer won't trigger Zada because she isn't the only target for the spell.
1 year ago
Let's say I have 3 2/2 creature tokens and Zada, Hedron Grinder in play, I cast Twin Bolt and target Zada, Hedron Grinder with the 2 damage, she triggers and copies Twin Bolt 3 more times; would I be able to divide the 3 copies of Twin Bolt 's damage?
1 year ago
you should be up front with "all" the information you have on the life gain deck from the start, rather than waiting for people to offer advice and then revealing more informtion that negates that advice.
TriusMalarky had no way of knowing the lifegain deck had fliers.
RNR_Gaming had no way of knowing the lifegain deck used +1/+1 counters.
1 year ago
plakjekaas i'm not gonna count bounce spells, because it can just be recast. the spells that take away abilities or tap down a creature are typically permanents that can be removed, and the opponent just gets their creature again. blue is not doing better than red, especially when you're still leaving the opponent a creature. red is definitely better removal when the majority of it also has the option of targeting players and planeswalkers, and thats why it cost more mana.
2 years ago
Sorry for so many comments, but Fall of the Hammer won't actually get copied by Zada because she wants the spells to have only the one target.