Creature — Shapeshifter
Changeling (This card is every creature type.)
When Masked Vandal enters the battlefield, you may exile a creature card from your graveyard. If you do, exile target artifact or enchantment an opponent controls.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Masked Vandal Discussion
2 weeks ago
Looks like a fun start! If your looking for eggs and dragons, I’d recommend giving some of the changelings a try! Realmwalker could be useful for hitting egg/dragons. Masked Vandal is a changeling with a bit of interaction. Mirror Entity is one that can also turn into a win con, Irregular Cohort will also make an “ egg” token. In terms of pinging Warstorm Surge and Where Ancients Tread seem to fit with what you want to do!
3 weeks ago
My plan is to use Kumena to distract my opponents from the reality that this is a mono-U Opposition prison deck.
4 weeks ago
Ok I'm pitching Ramosian Sergeant again - you have 11 changelings this can fetch (& 12 with the Guardian Gladewalker ), so for a reasonable portion of the game this will be a cheaper Birthing Boughs that gets some additional utility with fetching actually good changelings like Masked Vandal or Unsettled Mariner .
And IMO Necrotic Sliver / General Kudro of Drannith / Tolsimir, Friend to Wolves are the worst lords atm, since they're gonna get some of your changelings killed, which is at odds with all the "get as many changelings in play as possible" cards. Your recursion is not amazing either.
1 month ago
Man, I love this level of jank. Aurochs and Arcane both take a real man to try and work, and honestly Roar of Jukai pairs very well with Aurochs. Brilliant!
One suggestion that's come to mind, though - if changelings are fair game, I feel like Masked Vandal would probably have more to offer you than Woodland Changeling! 2 power for 2 mana is nice, but since Aurochs only boost each others' power, you can make up for that deficiency. The Vandal has 3 toughness, meanwhile, meaning it's more likely to survive attacking multiple times. In addition, if anyone already died by the time he shows up, it's a great opportunity to remove an opposing card! You have very few ways to pull anyone out of your graveyard, and probably that Universal Automaton wasn't doing you much good in there.
Another solid upgrade worth considering is Nature's Lore over Rampant Growth. Since the only basic lands in your deck are Forests, being able to put one into play untapped could sometimes mean the difference between playing another spell that turn or not!
1 month ago
Thinking on Kaldheim, some generic tribal cards you could add to your deck:
Realmwalker could give you card advantage or at least top deck information, Masked Vandal can be used as a removal and counts as a snake, Maskwood Nexus can generate you snakes and transform some of your non snake creatures in snakes, Pyre of Heroes for card advantage / tutoring. I know they aren't true snakes (saw that you prefered not to use some lorwyn changelings to stay on flavor), but they are cool and could smooth your play, specially thanks to their lows mana costs.
Appart from Kaldheim: Kindred Summons can search for you tons of snakes, specially if you generated some snake tokens, and with Maskwood Nexus every creature will be a snake in your library too.
2 months ago
4 mana for even 3 3/3 beast tokens is decent. Your current list already contains Arasta of the Endless Web , and I love that it can help start the loop with Ghost Town if you have the right setup. A couple other token generating spells for surprise factor are Ezuri's Predation , Fresh Meat , and Caller of the Claw .
Dawnglade Regent not necessarily a big finisher, but monarch is another nice way to get card draw and the hexproof for your creatures is nice. Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is also nice, but a bit pricey.
The Tireless Tracker clues stick around so they're just there when you have spare mana that you don't want to go to waste which is again better than the one opportunity per landfall with Seer's Sundial and the tracker can get bigger as you sacrifice the clues. I especially like that the tokens trigger Kodama and if the land you put into play can tap for 2 mana you can sac a clue to draw a card which may draw you more land to put into play from Kodama triggers.
Quirion Ranger can help provide a clutch blocker or that one extra mana you need for some spell. I like that it helps you have more land in hand for landfall triggers off of Kodama. Since Ashaya makes your creatures into forests they can tap for mana so they all become targets for Quirion Ranger to untap.
Kamahl’s Will does seem like a decent fit for this deck as a way to go wide and removal. Territorial Scythecat seems okay similar to the running a Managorger Hydra but takes a bit to build up. Shifting Ceratops it has some versatility, but I'm not sure what you want this for in a landfall deck. Primeval Bounty is currently in your list here on tappedout. Branching Evolution not sure your strategy is putting a lot of counters on stuff, more dropping lots of tokens on the fiel. Fertilid synergizes well with Retreat to Kazandu . Garruk's Uprising again I don't think you're usually putting a lot of big creatures into play to benefit from the trigger. Court of Bounty seems better than Colossal Majesty and has an added benefit. Reclamation Sage is great, and I'm also interested in the new 2-drop Masked Vandal since it exiles stuff, and another budget tutor for these low cost utility creatures is Woodland Bellower .
=== other card options ===
- Shaman of Forgotten Ways can be a nice alternate way to win.
- Ancient Greenwarden it's Crucible of Worlds on a body, doubles landfall triggers, and has reach (I like referring to reach as dunking).
- Bramble Sovereign solid value, decent size body, can be used politically.
- Shared Summons solid budget tutor.
- Scapeshift could be game ending if you're getting the right landfall triggers.
- Regal Behemoth monarch and more mana.
- Mana Reflection MOAR MANA!
- Path of Discovery could help dig more land per Kodama trigger if landfall is generating token creatures.
- Blighted Woodland could be better than or just a nice addition to Myriad Landscape
- Greater Good is usually pretty solid card advantage in green especially if someone is about to deal with your commander or big bad or board wipe.
- Fecundity is great card advantage in go wide strategies if your deck runs a hand-full of sac outlets.
- Eldrazi Monument is fun if you can generate enough tokens or animate enough lands, just imagine a bunch of flying elemental forests that are indestructible beating down your opponents.
- Parallel Lives is much pricier than I remember.
- Evolutionary Leap is always a nice kind of card advantage in token decks, but still nice to sac non-tokens if they're about to die anyways.
- Beastmaster Ascension is a nice buff in wide strategies.
- Apex Altisaur could be a useful thing to get with your Magus to wipe out some creatures.
- Force of Vigor another great option for removal.
- Genesis Wave is always a solid way to spend lots of mana.
2 months ago
2 months ago
i don't think Masked Vandal should have been in white. green is the primary color for artifact and enchantment removal anyway.