Enchantment — Aura
When New Horizons enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control.
Enchanted land has ": Gain two mana of any colour."
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Common|
|War of the Spark (WAR)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
New Horizons occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
New Horizons Discussion
2 months ago
Hi rewwer !
Those lands are great additions I hadn't thought of!
In terms of cuts, I think I can make a few suggestions.
Gruul Locket for New Horizons, Explorer's Scope for Hunger of the Howlpack, Darksteel Pendant for Entourage of Trest, Brightwood Tracker for Horned Kavu, Bladed Pinions for Mutant's Prey, Reap and Sow for Rolling Thunder, Mwonvuli Acid-Moss for Hunt the Weak.
I try to make subsitutions that make sense with mana cost and\or function as much as possible.
I hope this helps. Thank you for the kind wishes and I hope you are also staying safe.
2 months ago
Great start! You have pretty much all the good kicker cards. I think you could focus a bit more on the secondary theme of Hallar, which is +1/+1 counters. Hallar doesn't care where the counters come from, which means you don't actually need that many Kicker cards to make him deal tons of damage.
Hunger of the Howlpack is a great addition to the deck, being one of the most efficient counter-givers in Pauper.
Ivy Lane Denizen is a must have in this deck. You make plenty of tokens, which can either make Hallar massive or simply make your 1/1s into 2/2s, which is an incredible boost.
Longshot Squad gives most of your team reach. Aquastrand Spider also does it for a cost, but can also distribute counters. Spike Colony is a pretty beefy creature that can also give its counters to others. This can make combat very difficult for the opponent on top of all the synergy it gives naturally.
Horned Kavu is extremely useful in this deck, since it can re-buy so many of your ETB triggers for lots of value.
It's so hard to get card advantage in these colours. I would definitely play Entourage of Trest to try to keep up with Blue and Black decks. I also don't leave home without Rolling Thunder and Elven Cache in these colours as cards to catch you up in card advantage. You could also be running up to six cycling lands, namely Tranquil Thicket and Forgotten Cave. In terms of synergy, you could also go for Tishana's Wayfinder and Brazen Buccaneers.
2 months ago
1x Azorius Chancery - (2)
1x Command Tower - , , or (3)
1x Field of Ruin - (4)
1x Flooded Grove - : or , : , , or (5)
6x Forest - x6 (11)
1x Glacial Fortress - or (12)
1x Hinterland Harbor - or (13)
4x Island - x4 (20)
1x Jungle Basin - (22)
1x Karn's Bastion - (23)
1x Myriad Landscape - (24)
1x New Horizons - : Add two mana of any one color (25)
1x Oran-Rief, the Vastwood - (26)
4x Plains - x4 (30)
1x Reliquary Tower - (31)
1x Seaside Citadel - , , or (32)
1x Selesnya Sanctuary - (34)
1x Simic Growth Chamber - (36)
1x Sol Ring - (38)
1x Sunpetal Grove - or (39)
1x Temple of Enlightenment - or (40)
1x Temple of Mystery - or (41)
1x The Great Henge - (43)
1x Treetop Village - (44)
1x Weaver of Currents - : (46)
I miss counted earlier. Up to 46 total mana available
3 months ago
Love the interaction between Eutropia the Twice-Favored and Hydra's Growth (Upvote). Have you considered Mirrormade as an extra copy of anything you might need or Starlit Mantle/Karametra's Blessing for some protection. New Horizons might be a bit slow, but it starts to pull its weight with Setessan Champion and Eutropia. Hope this helps.
3 months ago
Looks good! You might like these: Sram, Senior Edificer, Kor Spiritdancer, Eidolon of Blossoms, Satyr Enchanter, Ethereal Armor, All That Glitters, Sage's Reverie, Battle Mastery, Fertile Ground, Trace of Abundance, Market Festival, Dawn's Reflection, New Horizons, Generator Servant, Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma, Dragonspeaker Shaman
4 months ago
Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen would help you win the race against mono-black. Also RDW but that's not really a thing in pioneer ig??
Elvish Clancaller is a lord, and if the game goes long, you can tutor up another.
Wildborn Preserver can get big if the game goes long.
Pelt Collector is a one-drop that gets bigger.
Renata, Called to the Hunt can get biiig!
Aspect of Hydra can make a random dork swing for a million damage out of the blue. Great for breaking up stalemates, or just for closing out the game.
Arbor Armament , Stony Strength , Wild Onslaught , Enter the Unknown , and New Horizons , as well as your entire sideboard, are just bad cards. I really think you should make this green elves, play lords, and throw in Aspect of Hydra to close out the game. That's the optimal build of this deck.
That said, if you're not looking for optimal, I understand. I am willing to root for a deck that's winning the flavor game. If this is the deck you want, that's 100% chill, as long as you're all right with it not being as strong as other decks.
4 months ago
Some potential cards. Most of these might be side-grades or out of budget but are worth noting in the Maybeboard. I have a few of these:
Creatures are obviously optimal, what with elf anthems and counters and stuff. I would try to squeeze in the first three if you can. The tempo of getting your commander down on turn 2 is amazing.
Fyndhorn Elves , Priest of Titania , Boreal Druid , Farhaven Elf , Leyline of Abundance , Castle Garenbrig , Llanowar Tribe , Overgrowth , Reap and Sow , Kodama's Reach , Explosive Vegetation , Nature's Lore , Ranger's Path , Skyshroud Claim , Grow from the Ashes , Emerald Medallion , Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip, Harrow , Circuitous Route
Rishkar's Expertise , Soul's Majesty , Mirror Shield , Zendikar Resurgent , Primal Rage , Heroic Intervention , Return to Nature , Overwhelming Stampede , Overrun , Beastmaster Ascension , Loxodon Warhammer , Colossal Majesty , Rancor , Vivien, Champion of the Wilds , Blossoming Defense , Withstand Death , Titanic Brawl , Ancient Animus , Momentous Fall , Nature's Claim , Once and Future , Regrowth , Wildest Dreams , Road of Return , Creeping Corrosion , Season of Growth , Blanchwood Armor , Sandwurm Convergence , Garruk, Primal Hunter , Vivien Reid , Vivien of the Arkbow , Ghost Quarter ,
Aspect of Mongoose is nice but prevents untapping shenanigans with your commander.
Some obvious out-of-budget stuff here and some lower-powered stuff too but I'll suggest them for posterity.
Llanowar Reborn , Karn's Bastion , Forge of Heroes , The Great Henge , Incubation Druid , Loyal Guardian , Tuskguard Captain , Pollenbright Druid , Solidarity of Heroes , Biogenic Upgrade , Durable Handicraft , Planewide Celebration , Courage in Crisis , Verdant Confluence , Bow of Nylea , Contagion Clasp , Contagion Engine , Hydra's Growth , Path of Discovery , Retreat to Kazandu , Forced Adaptation , Evolutionary Escalation , New Horizons , Nissa, Voice of Zendikar , Jiang Yanggu, Wildcrafter , Vivien, Arkbow Ranger , Kalonian Hydra , Arbor Armament , Stony Strength , Savage Summoning , Hunger of the Howlpack , Soul's Might , The Crowd Goes Wild , Armory of Iroas , Weapon Rack , Predatory Hunger , Primeval Bounty
I have a Drove of Elves I'm not using
4 months ago
This is not bad at all. I have a couple of suggestions off the top of my mind though...
First off, I highly recommend using custom tags to sort your cards. To do this, go into the "edit" mode where you can see your card list. It will look something like:
You can then add tags by using #Category after a card. For example:
1xArbor Elf #Ramp
This will assign Arbor Elf to the "Ramp" category. Unsorted cards are assigned to "Other" by default.
I recommend these categories;
- Ramp (Aim for 12-16 of these. A card that costs more than 4 mana is too slow to be reliably called Ramp)
- Draw (At least 12)
- Removal (Around 8, make sure you can deal with other commanders/creatures!!!)
- Sweepers (Boardwipes, Green doesn't really have many it's okay)
- Support (Stuff that isn't obviously powerful but makes certain cards in the deck busted. Examples are your equipment)
- Lands (Obviously. Aim for 34-37. This deck wants 34-36)
The remaining cards can be categorized based on the specific inner-workings of your deck. For example, this deck might have a "Big Bois" category for creatures that are just huge.
Depending on your sorting preferences, it can by okay to tag one creature with multiple tags. For example;
1x Thorn Mammoth #Removal #Big_Boi
Onto my Card Suggestions:
- Soul of the Harvest is nice for card draw and comes with a big smashy body + Trample.
- Arbor Elf and Elvish Mystic are fantastic replacements for Leaf Gilder and Druid of the Cowl , assuming you want to go for efficiency.
- Beast Within and Acidic Slime are super helpful for dealing with nonsense of all kinds.
- If you are willing to pay $1.50 a pop for them, Cultivate and Kodama's Reach are good additions and could replace Explosive Vegetation and Circuitous Route in a pinch. -Other really nice Ramp includes Rampant Growth , Wild Growth , Fertile Ground and Utopia Sprawl . Ramp is life. - Fierce Empath is cheap and very effective at finding your creature answers. I run it in any deck that likes to use specifically powerful creatures, AKA green ones, lol.
- These ones are a tiny bit janky and unreliable, but Ezuri's Predation , Whirlwind and Monstrous Onslaught are green boardwipes.
- Swiftfoot Boots . Assuming you really like haste and hexproof on a 12/12 trampler, it is worth having another copy of Lightning Greaves by a different name. Also, this card is hilarious: Fleetfeather Sandals
- Apex Altisaur can cause some havoc. Often, getting rid of your opponents' engine pieces is the difference between life and death.
- Surrak, the Hunt Caller is an overlooked Green Haste Boi who could do work in this deck.
- Silklash Spider just because I'm very used to going toe-to-toe with flying decks. Granted, that's just my meta, but Silklash still does work as a defender in the case of no fliers. Heck, you're still happy even if you don't see any fliers - you want a ground game in the first place!
- Yeva, Nature's Herald is CRAZY. She effectively also gives Ghalta haste, which is all kinds of sweet.
- Rogue's Passage . It doesn't even take up a nonland slot!!! Free VALUE!!!!
- Zendikar Resurgent because cards + mana = happiness
Onto the cards I would suggest cutting:
- Elixir of Immortality . Your deck doesn't ever want to be in a game where this utility would be useful. This card simply doesn't do much. You already have Eternal Witness and if you really want a late-game reload, try Creeping Renaissance or Seasons Past .
- Gigantosaurus is alright, but I'm not in love with a 10/10 with no abilities. I know, I know, he makes Ghalta cost only 2, but I still think there are better options. Trust me when I say a creature with some sort of utility is preferable here. Ideas include the aforementioned Soul of the Harvest , Primordial Sage or a fight creature such as Thorn Mammoth or even another removal creature like Woodfall Primus or Terastodon (sorry, I know these are all really high CMC). Generally, cards that don't have some sort of utility are just not going to save your life when things get ugly.
- New Horizons and Gift of Paradise could be replaced with faster ramp. For the sake of having creatures (for cards like Guardian Project and Beast Whisperer , not to mention Ghalta, Primal Hunger ), it would even be better to run Wood Elves , Springbloom Druid , Yavimaya Dryad , or Farhaven Elf .
- Diamond Mare just isn't relevant. Sorry, but if you are in a position where gaining a small amount of life matters, odds are any other good green card would have done more to prevent you from being in such a bad spot. Your deck wants to be the aggressor, and quite honestly your offense will be so scary that most opponents wouldn't even consider attack out of fear of provoking you and simultaneously tapping their defenders. It isn't uncommon for a Green deck to retain the highest life total for a long time without the need for lifegain.
- I think you have a few too many artifacts. Remember that your commander LOVES having creatures on the field, so finding ways to turn your artifact utility into creature utility will go far.
- Staff of Nin is very slow and could be something like Garruk's Packleader instead.
All things considered, you've got a reasonably strong lineup. In a broad sense, I would recommend finding ways to include creatures with utility, since Ghalta appreciates bodies on the board and interaction allows you to curb your opponents' shenanigans as much as possible. Additionally and as I noted, there are fairly budget-friendly ramp options for the deck that are purely faster. Remember to keep a close eye on your Ramp and Draw, as these are the lifeblood of a commander deck, midrange especially.
It is worth mentioning that I never go below 34 lands. 35, and 36 are usually safe, so if you find yourself land-starved just add like 2 Forests and that should help.
Overall, you've done a good job though. Good luck making edits and please feel free to contact me about further changes/advice. I LOVE deckbuilding and Green is one of my colors ;)