, Pay 1 life, Sacrifice Wooded Foothills: Search your library for a Mountain or Forest card and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
|Have (2)||, switchkill65|
|Want (4)||sempfcj06 , metalmagic , switchkill65 , ProperAncestral|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Wooded Foothills occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Wooded Foothills Discussion
1 week ago
(w)hite: total (c)ards with white mans symbols is = 11, total white mana (s)ymbols = 18, (t)otal cmc of all cards that have white = 72, white (s)ymbol(a)verage = 1.63, white cards (t)otal(a)verage cost = 6.54, round up total demand is 2 in (7+7 cards in opening hand) so access to 2 white mana with in 14 cards drawn leaves a demand of 16, (w)=16
u: c=13, s=18, t=72, sa=1.38, ta=5.53, u=15
b: c=15, s=24, t=104, sa=1.60, ta=6.93, b=16
r: c=24, s=36, t=130, sa=1.50, ta=5.41, r=18
g: c=22, s=34, t=133, sa=1.54, ta=6.04, g=17
(m)ana demand: average cmc of deck total 5.00, (5in5 = 62.5), m=63
color demand: total amount of cards needed that can provide access to a specific color
white = 16, blue = 15, black = 16, red = 18, green = 17
keep in mind multi color lands, fetch, rocks, dorks, ramp lower the demand of any color it can provide
Wooded Foothills can fetch Zagoth Triome for example
so Wooded Foothills white= 00, blue= -01, black= -01, red= -01, green= -01
Golos, Tireless Pilgrim white= -01, blue= -01, black= -01, red= -01, green= -01
Mana demand: total amount of cards needed that give access to mana is 63 cards
any card that can give you mana reduces this number (lands,dorks,rocks,spells) the only catch to this is the card that supplies the mana has to cost less then your avgerage cmc
last note base color demand total is 82 and mana demand is 63
after utilizing color fixing if you get your color demand less then your mana demand you can then utilize colorless mana rocks to met your mana demand faster ie Sol Ring = mand demand - 2.
2 months ago
Underworld Breach is great late game, think about it.
Also im not convinced on your slow fetches. I would either run real fetches like Bloodstained Mire Wooded Foothills , basic mountains, or alternatives like Temple of the False God , Forgotten Cave , or Blinkmoth Nexus
2 months ago
if you've been out of the game for 20 years, you may have missed the fetch lands like Wooded Foothills. fetch lands are especially strong with shock lands like Temple Garden. since Temple Garden has the forest type, it can be grabbed with Wooded Foothills. an example of a "check land" would be something like Rootbound Crag, which also works with shock lands to come into play untapped.
4 months ago
In the future this deck may be improved by adding better fetch lands like Misty Rainforest and Wooded Foothills, but for now - and for budgetary reasons - Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse will do.
4 months ago
Nice deck. Have you considered adding more basics to get more out of your commander? Lands like Mobilized District, Treetop Village, Drownyard Temple, Castle Garenbrig, Command Tower, Stomping Ground and so on doesn't synergize too well with your commander. I run a Phylath deck (you can find it here: Phylath) where im using only basics and fetches (Evolving Wilds, Fabled Passage, Prismatic Vista, Terramorphic Expanse and Wooded Foothills) to insure i get at least 6 tokens when i cast Phylath. In a 2 color deck its no problem running mostly basics. It also opens up for Blood Moon if your playgroup is ok with that.
Cards i highly recommend:
Conjurer's Closet - bounce Phylat on each of your end step is really nice
Skullclamp - turn all those 0/1 into card advantage
Greater Good - your plants can get really big. Get some serious card advantage when needed (nice to have in case of boardwipe)
Beastmaster Ascension - attack with 7 creatures is really easy in a Phylath deck. This will activate the turn you play it, giving all your creatures a permanent +5/+5 for only 3 mana :).
Purphoros, God of the Forge - Deal some serious damage to each opponent when you cast Phylath. Also really good with Scute Swarm
Tireless Tracker - Card advantage on landfall
4 months ago
Thanks for your comment. I am very happy about such comments, as it is difficult to keep an eye on every possible combination with over a thousand commanders, especially with such a commander like Ishkanah, which you don't meet in your LGS every day. Thanks to your comment, I can see more of the potential of Ishkanah. I you want to tune up your deck, I have some recommendations for that:
I would exchange:
- Panharmonicon has only 3 targets + your commander... I think that's not efficien enough I would rather play this beast of a card: Ohran Frostfang because this card converts your spiders into carddrawing killer spiders.
- Far Wanderings for Cultivate because it's more reliable and effective
- Vessel of Nascency for Jarad's Orders because this card is just a perfect tutor for decks like this
- Blood for Bones for Victimize
- Is Witchbane Orb one of your meta picks, because a lot of your opponents play curses or burn? If not, I would rather play more carddraw because you have to less of it in your deck. Play Sylvan Library (or Phyrexian Arena) instead
- Drown in Filth with either another good removal like Abrupt Decay; Caustic Caterpillar; Plaguecrafter (Force of Despair, Darkblast, Snuff Out, Force of Vigor, Tragic Slip etc.)
- Cut 2 Forests and a Swamp for Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Khalni Ambush Flip & Hagra Mauling Flip
- Grapple with the Past for Fiend Artisan/Phyrexian Arena/Opposition Agent
- Entomb for any other tutor like Demonic, Vampiric, Grim Worldly Tutor etc. or Buried Alive
I would play as many cool utility lands with a sacrifice effect and as many fetch lands as possible because they're needed for Delirium and have also great potential with the MVP in every graveyard deck Life from the Loam:
- Evolving Wilds/Terramorphic Expanse/Ash Barrens/Jund Panorama
- Prismatic Vista/Verdant Catacombs; Windswept Heath/Wooded Foothills/Bloodstained Mire etc. (If they're out of budget, you just can play the cool and cheaper utility lands and you'll be fine) Other cool lands: Grim Backwoods!!; Geier Reach Sanitarium, Drownyard Temple Phyrexian Tower, Emergence Zone, Haunted Fengraf, Buried Ruin I would also add Deserted Temple because it can produce together with Cabal Coffers + Rings of Brighthearth infinite black mana.
Carddraw or Cardadvantage:
- Ohran Frostfang!!
- Driven / Despair!!
- Sylvan Library!!
- Night's Whisper
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Phyrexian Arena!!
- Journey to Eternity Flip
- Phyrexian Reclamation
- Fauna Shaman/Birthing Pod/Fiend Artisan/Survival of the Fittest/Yisan, the Wanderer Bard
Other good finishers/ combo pieces:
- Altar of the Brood / Blood Artist / Zulaport Cutthroat
- Craterhoof Behemoth or the budget version: End-Raze Forerunners / Overrun
- Triumph of the Hordes
Well, I'm sure that you already know what other options there are to tune up the deck. If you want to win consitenly I would add more ways to produce infinte mana like Nim Deathmantle + Priest of Gix + Ashnod's Altar or Magus of the Coffers + Staff of Domination OR another unigue and complicated way to filter infinite colorless mana with Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth is together with Mirage Mirror and a Swamp...
To make the whole thing more consistent you have play all green and black tutors, play fast mana like the Moxes, Mana Crypt/-Vault, Manadorks (Elvish Mystic/Elves of Deep Shadow/Llanowar Elves etc. and pack some premium removal in the deck to raise the power level. If you're interested we can brew a fringe competetive list together.
4 months ago
I mean I've also been a fan of Searing Blaze it's a little less good without the fast fetches Bloodstained Mire, Prismatic Vista, Wooded Foothills, Scalding Tarn and Arid Mesa. Other than that the creatures most seem to rotate between Goblin Guide, Monastery Swiftspear and Eidolon of the Great Revel - though you're probably want to be more spell based to play your burning man and snipe off creatures; if you were inclined to add black Bump in the Night does work. If you were to add white Boros Charm is super solid. Lastly, Shard Volley usually gives people a tad more extra reach.