Back:Atzal, Cave of Eternity
Journey to Eternity
Legendary Enchantment — Aura
Enchant creature you control
When enchanted creature dies, return it to the battlefield under you control, then return Journey to Eternity to the battlefield transformed under your control.
|Have (2)||TheRealSpecialK , gildan_bladeborn|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Journey to Eternity occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Journey to Eternity Discussion
1 month ago
Your curve is too high. Cut down on some fours and add some twos and threes. Consider significant ramp improvement. Take out Crystals and use multi color ramp/card draw spells. Consider enchantments over artifacts except for a few. Growth Spiral , Urban Evolution , Journey to Eternity Flip, and Manamorphose The mythos won’t play into your commander’s strategy.
I like where you are going with this, but Ramos is a tank. Use it wisely.
2 months ago
Good idea, I might start working on a combo/how to win section.
Thanks, I think with the Razaketh combo, the quickest route to victory using it requires 6 mana, but has Razaketh, Reveillark, and Karmic Guide already in the graveyard, which I think still isn't a fast combo and requires a lot of pieces to be already set up. If you're missing Razaketh in the graveyard but the others are there then it's 7 mana because you need to use Entomb . If Reveillark or Karmic Guide are also missing from the graveyard, the route starts getting more expensive by having to tutor for Entomb with Razaketh or cast either of them from hand.
The route that costs 6 mana is as follows:
- Have Razaketh, the Foulblooded , Karmic Guide , and Reveillark in the graveyard, 1 creature on board (total: 0 mana)
- Reanimate Razaketh (total: 1 mana, 8 life)
- Razaketh for Life / Death , using the creature on board as sac fodder (total: 1 mana, 10 life)
- Float remaining 5 lands, cast Life / Death (total: 2 mana, 10 life)
- Razaketh for Animate Dead using a land as sac fodder (total: 2 mana, 12 life)
- Razaketh for Altar of Dementia using a land as sac fodder (total: 2 mana, 14 life)
- Cast Animate Dead, targeting Karmic Guide, bringing back Reveillark (total: 4 mana, 14 life)
- Cast the Altar, sacrifice Karmic Guide, targeting an opponent to mill (total: 6 mana, 14 life)
- Sac Reveillark, targeting opponent to mill, bringing back Karmic Guide with Reveillark's death trigger.
- Karmic enters, bringing back Reveillark, repeat.
- Pass turn, on each opponents draw step they fail to draw and die.
If there's a quicker route then let me know, but I think at 6 mana, 14 life, and having a graveyard favourably filled with the pieces, it's quite fair. Adding in Zulaport Cutthroat / Blood Artist adds more lifedrain and mana cost as you'll also need to used Razaketh as the sac outlet to drain, Cutthroat and Blood Artist will make you technically lose only 1 life to Razaketh each sacrifice, but be careful you have enough life to drain everyone, as you might take yourself down aswell.
I'm looking at replacing Journey to Eternity Flip with Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. I was thinking over how you mentioned that Journey wasn't performing very well for you, I think I agree the more I think of it, the flipped side is an overcosted, once a turn reanimation, and the front side allows one creature to be essentially flickered once, and that's all. Growing Rites is still a permanent fetchable with Sun Titan , gives us a weird form of card draw and should be pretty easy to flip into a Cradle with our deck having a high creature count. It'll also allow Torment of Hailfire to hit even harder, as I've seen my playgroup live through a Cabal Coffers Torment.
4 months ago
Thanks for your comment. I am very happy about such comments, as it is difficult to keep an eye on every possible combination with over a thousand commanders, especially with such a commander like Ishkanah, which you don't meet in your LGS every day. Thanks to your comment, I can see more of the potential of Ishkanah. I you want to tune up your deck, I have some recommendations for that:
I would exchange:
- Panharmonicon has only 3 targets + your commander... I think that's not efficien enough I would rather play this beast of a card: Ohran Frostfang because this card converts your spiders into carddrawing killer spiders.
- Far Wanderings for Cultivate because it's more reliable and effective
- Vessel of Nascency for Jarad's Orders because this card is just a perfect tutor for decks like this
- Blood for Bones for Victimize
- Is Witchbane Orb one of your meta picks, because a lot of your opponents play curses or burn? If not, I would rather play more carddraw because you have to less of it in your deck. Play Sylvan Library (or Phyrexian Arena) instead
- Drown in Filth with either another good removal like Abrupt Decay; Caustic Caterpillar; Plaguecrafter (Force of Despair, Darkblast, Snuff Out, Force of Vigor, Tragic Slip etc.)
- Cut 2 Forests and a Swamp for Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Khalni Ambush Flip & Hagra Mauling Flip
- Grapple with the Past for Fiend Artisan/Phyrexian Arena/Opposition Agent
- Entomb for any other tutor like Demonic, Vampiric, Grim Worldly Tutor etc. or Buried Alive
I would play as many cool utility lands with a sacrifice effect and as many fetch lands as possible because they're needed for Delirium and have also great potential with the MVP in every graveyard deck Life from the Loam:
- Evolving Wilds/Terramorphic Expanse/Ash Barrens/Jund Panorama
- Prismatic Vista/Verdant Catacombs; Windswept Heath/Wooded Foothills/Bloodstained Mire etc. (If they're out of budget, you just can play the cool and cheaper utility lands and you'll be fine) Other cool lands: Grim Backwoods!!; Geier Reach Sanitarium, Drownyard Temple Phyrexian Tower, Emergence Zone, Haunted Fengraf, Buried Ruin I would also add Deserted Temple because it can produce together with Cabal Coffers + Rings of Brighthearth infinite black mana.
Carddraw or Cardadvantage:
- Ohran Frostfang!!
- Driven / Despair!!
- Sylvan Library!!
- Night's Whisper
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Phyrexian Arena!!
- Journey to Eternity Flip
- Phyrexian Reclamation
- Fauna Shaman/Birthing Pod/Fiend Artisan/Survival of the Fittest/Yisan, the Wanderer Bard
Other good finishers/ combo pieces:
- Altar of the Brood / Blood Artist / Zulaport Cutthroat
- Craterhoof Behemoth or the budget version: End-Raze Forerunners / Overrun
- Triumph of the Hordes
Well, I'm sure that you already know what other options there are to tune up the deck. If you want to win consitenly I would add more ways to produce infinte mana like Nim Deathmantle + Priest of Gix + Ashnod's Altar or Magus of the Coffers + Staff of Domination OR another unigue and complicated way to filter infinite colorless mana with Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth is together with Mirage Mirror and a Swamp...
To make the whole thing more consistent you have play all green and black tutors, play fast mana like the Moxes, Mana Crypt/-Vault, Manadorks (Elvish Mystic/Elves of Deep Shadow/Llanowar Elves etc. and pack some premium removal in the deck to raise the power level. If you're interested we can brew a fringe competetive list together.
5 months ago
Your deck has a lot of great synergy and good staples already.
What about Sylvan Library? It's a great card advantage engine. Especially with the higher life totals in commander.
Randomly, I like to put Journey to Eternity Flip in a deck in it's colors because once it flips it gives a reanimation engine and can also tap for mana of any color. It's not competitive but very efficient use of a card slot for what you get.
5 months ago
Might I suggest for possible board wipes: Dregs of Sorrow, Evincar's Justice good to remove token and machine gun opponents, Last Laugh could be interesting if you include Sanguine Bond, Massacre Girl
Conspiracy (if we can find one cheap enough) would be good with a couple of cards you already have.
Priest of Forgotten Gods could definitely work for some more card draw and disruption. TCG says it's a $1
Grim Harvest is a pretty cool recursion tool - especially with Priest.
5 months ago
In case you have not seen it; Journey to Eternity Flip becomes a great value engine with spell-like reanimator targets. Cast it on something like a Ravenous Chupacabra then sac it, chump block with it, or attack with it until it is killed. It returns to play from the Journey to Eternity Flip trigger and kills for the 2nd time. Then your journey comes back as Atzal, Cave of Eternity. Now, you get a once per turn and repeatable reanimation ability that can become quite oppressive depending on the board state and what creatures you have in the deck.
6 months ago
- For sure adding Daring Apprentice to try, though may be too slow without haste.
- Want to try Glen Elendra Archmage (though she was way cheaper when I last looked).
- Plaguecrafter will be added, even if just to replace Fleshbag Marauder / Merciless Executioner.
- Vanishing looks like a fantastic protection for Muldrotha, since I only need her on board on my turn.
- Mindbender Spores just looks like a hilariously fun and lesser known old card, that just looks like a great deterrent to attacking.
- Kaya's Ghostform is strictly better than Thrull Retainer, the buff doesn't matter much.
- Remove Sol Ring for Arcane Signet, there are so many 2 colour pips I need the coloured mana.
- For this reason, I also want to put in Lotus Field. Sacking 2 lands may hurt early game, but can be amazing late game.
- Debating Journey to Eternity Flip, the curve for the deck is low but getting an extra creature out of the graveyard at instant speed is pretty great even if costs 5 CMC to activate.
- Glacial Chasm, it just, makes me happy and could be clutch in a pinch. The cumulative upkeep is no big deal since you can let it die, so having it in your graveyard could be an awesome safety net with the limited land destruction in the format. I think sacking a land and using your land drop for it would be terrible early to mid game, unless Azusa, Lost but Seeking is out.