|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Guilds of Ravnica (GRN)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Zombie Giant
Undergrowth — When Lotleth Giant enters the battlefield, it deals 1 damage to target opponent for each creature card in your graveyard.
Lotleth Giant Discussion
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
1 month ago
So first off I just want to say sorry if you have a budget and I recommend some cards outside of price range, but here are some suggestions from me:
Cards to take out
- Murder I get that you say that there aren't many planeswalkers in your meta, but sometimes just having the option to hit them on a card that is the same mana cost and does everything else Murder does is just a better option like Hero's Downfall or like you said you fight voltron decks like Zurgo Helmsmasher a card like Vraska's Contempt is a better removal card as it exiles or only one more colorless mana.
- Isareth the Awakener while she is a reanimator, she also exiles the cards when they leave the battlefield which can hurt if you reanimate something you don't want to lose.
- Lotleth Giant - sounds like a good card when you first look at it but it requires set up and costs 7 mana. Not ideal.
- Necrotic Wound - same with the Lotleth Giant , it takes too much set up and there are better spot removal or board wipes
- Open the Graves now here me out on this one, this card is really good in a deck that wants to sacrifice their own creatures, but this looks to be more token focused which means that majority of your creatures that die don't have Open the Graves to trigger.
- Bontu's Monument it is a good card but it looks like you are going to try and cast more non-creature spells than creature spells
- Board wipes like Life's Finale or if you wanna get expensive Damnation
- Paradox Haze this card is a fun one of mine as it allows The Scarab God to have his beginning of upkeep trigger twice dealing hefty damage.
- Phyrexian Altar this card can win as it gives you deck infinite combos with Gravecrawler if you want the deck to go into that direction
- Tutors Tutors Tutors! cards like Sidisi, Undead Vizier or Diabolic Tutor are always musts in black decks as it can help you find answers or wincons when the situation calls for it. These are just a few ideas I have! If you want any more ideas please let me know!
What to put in?So what do we put in? We have a few options based on what you like:
2 months ago
You know, I built a deck similar to this a while back, and I gave up on it due to the meta at that time, the Golgari Midrange deck being so much better than what I had built, and that I did not have the funds at the time to build my deck, some components were way too expensive to buy for me and I needed to somehow get them for the deck.
The deck I built is still here on tappedout, feel free to look at it and take any inspiration you want from it, anything for Golgari, but there is one thing I want you to consider when looking at the deck, it's the Vraskas I have in my deck. They are brutal with Izoni, Thousand-Eyed and Lotleth Giant .
The deck is Those Below and I hope it helps.
PS. Vraska, Golgari Queen is not in the deck and the deck was never really finished, so take that into account when viewing it.
3 months ago
LostGallifreyan: I have a decklist I've been tweaking for a bit that almost matches your criteria. It's an Iname, Death Aspect spirit reanimator deck. It's a budget deck, I think the price is around $50. It also has 3 zombies in it: Balthor the Defiled , Gray Merchant of Asphodel , and Lotleth Giant . But if you cut those 3 and trim the budget it would fit.
The deck if you're interested:
Commander / EDH
1 VIEW | IN 1 FOLDER
4 months ago
At least one copy of Lotleth Giant my dude. I think tattered mummy is out of standard now but I could be wrong(totally wrong still good). Your card count is high. You may want to refine the brew with a 15 card sideboard. Ive done a bit of testing with undergrowth and lurcher feels kind of weak to me. Id go with a full set of the stitcher supplier to get those beasties in the yard. Gutterbones can help with the reassembling skelie to put them in the yard early and then bring them back whenever you want. With the harpie you can sack them over and over as well. Id say dump the biogenic upgrade and titanic brawl. You have some removal with the necrotic wound and the severed strands. Go with at least three harpooners in sideboard for opponents with lots of flying. A copy of Memorial to Folly with a couple golgari findbrokers is a neat little bit of recursion loop/
Keep the rise from the graves. You want those creatures in the yard then rise a lol giant for a nice bang of damage.
Your curve needs a tad of work. So id advise four of the gutterbones and stitcher supplier and maybeup to three necrotic wounds. Keep the dissenter, and skeletons, severed strands and naturalize for two drops, If you want some faster card advantage that goes well with what you are aiming for instead of blood divination (or with blood divination) take a couple copies of midnight reaper.
I know ive gone on a bit here but you will want your land count between 23-24 in a 60 card build if your top end cmc is seven. Not always true but you have no ramp.
4 months ago
I agree with Splinterfright , that card is sweet. I'd drop some or all of the Lotleth Giant s for them. And another great card is Grapple with the Past , it's a smaller mill than Grisly Salvage but you can grab back ANY creature, not just one of the milled ones. You could drop 2 lands for 2 Grapples, especially if you drop the Giants. And finally you could switch Druid of the Cowl for Elves of Deep Shadow , cheaper and better fixing.
4 months ago
Hi, somewhat of a interesting deck, My primary suggestion is to considerably lower or take out a bunch of the 1x's. The ones in which you need most should always be put at a 4x or at least a 3x.
I'd start off with something like this in a way to revolve around Undergrowth and Vraska. Someone else can help out and build upon this idea for later if they like or improve upon it for I don't often play Golgari. Hopefully it helps out a bit.
1x-2x Golgari Locket
1x-2x Vraska, Regal Gorgon
Hopefully some of this helps out :). Good luck with the deck building
Lotleth Giant occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%