Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Wolf
Other Wolves and Werewolves you control get +1/+1.
At the beginning of your end step, if you didn't cast a spell this turn, create a 2/2 green Wolf creature token.
cyeRunner on Sultai Flash Control
2 months ago
With Nightpack Ambusher out you can change some lands, because you need less , I recommend the following:
- +1 Ice Tunnel, -1 Zagoth Triome
- +1 Castle Vantress, -1 Snow-Covered Island
- +1 Waterlogged Grove, -1 Nurturing Peatland
Also i'd cut 1 Brazen Borrower for some card advantage: Cling to Dust, JtMS, Memory Deluge
Andramalech on Woof Woofs
3 months ago
I'd recommend Primal Rage, Cemetery Prowler, Nightpack Ambusher, Mayor of Avabruck Flip, Silverfur Partisan, Immerwolf, Howlpack Resurgence, Sage of Ancient Lore Flip, Duskwatch Recruiter Flip, Full Moon's Rise, as well as some well needed draw spells. Potentially Thrill of Possibility, Bequeathal, Harmonize, Explore, Valakut Awakening Flip.
lhetrick13 on The Hermit and the Pack
4 months ago
Finn_Fillory - I think the edits you made since this morning (for me at least) already make the deck significantly stronger. You dropped the average CMC from ~3.5 to 2.7, which will speed up the deck noticeably and it will feel more consistent. Especially if you are lucky enough to start with Utopia Sprawl in your opening hand...
wallisface always gives top notch advice and he is right about Howlpack Piper Flip not being a great card for this specific deck. You might notice this card looks very similar to Elvish Piper and I have seen decks effectively use Elvish Piper or similar creature cheat antics effectively, but it is not a great strategy for this deck. That is something you build around specifically.
I personally love Collected Company to cheat stuff out and add some creature pressure but with 6 creatures with a CMC > 3, you would wiff often with that. Building a deck is always up to the architect but if it were me, I would find a way to drop 3xAvabruck Caretaker Flip and 3xNightpack Ambusher for similar wolves/werewolves and add in a full playset of Collected Company. I think wallisface turned me onto Collected Company I while back for my tribal knight deck and I try to find a way to squeeze it in to everything since!!!
thesilentpyro on "Casual" Anti-Rez Flash
6 months ago
- 2x Daze for surprise shenanigans and Mystic Sanctuary plays
- 2x Cryptic Command because value
- 2x Brazen Borrower because need more tempo
- 1x Mystic Sanctuary because value
- 1x Nightpack Ambusher because the deck wants as much interaction as possible and 4mv finishers are hard in a tempo deck
- 2x Mana Leak to make room for 2x Daze
- 2x Mystic Snake to make room for 2x Cryptic Command and because it kinda sucks
- 1x Snow-Covered Forest to make room for the third Mystic Sanctuary and we're dropping some green requirements
- 1x Hullbreacher to make room for Brazen Borrower
AnonmousAxolotl on Take names, Eat ass
1 year ago
1.Nightpack Ambusher is a great addition. 2.Really cool deck idea!
multimedia on Werewolf Commander
1 year ago
Hey, good work in process on a budget.
There's a few cards here that are not as good as others. Werewolf Horrors who can't transform from Tovolar are quite subpar. Vildin-Pack Outcast Flip, Smoldering Werewolf Flip, Shrill Howler Flip, Conduit of Storms Flip, Ulvenwald Captive Flip, Kessig Prowler Flip
Three, four and five drop Human Werewolves who don't have any abilities or just have a single ability like reach or trample, but don't any other abilities on the backside of the card just aren't good enough. Tireless Hauler Flip, Convicted Killer Flip
Arlinn, Voice of the Pack for a six drop doesn't do much without other cards which is not what you want with a six drop. Tovolar's Huntmaster Flip in comparison is so much better than Arlinn at six mana.
Some budget cards to consider adding:
- Reckless Stormseeker Flip: Werewolf who gives haste and pump.
- Village Messenger Flip: another one drop Human Werewolf.
- Breakneck Rider Flip: Werewolf who transforms to give trample and pump.
- Nightpack Ambusher: Wolf who can be a repeatable source of Wolves and is an anthem for Werewolves and Wolves.
- Relentless Assault: extra attack spell to draw more cards with Tovolar.
- Wolfcaller's Howl: good card in multiplayer Commander since there's many players, it can be quick board wipe recovery.
- Dryad's Revival: recur any card and has flashback to cast it again, get Assault two more times.
- Arcane Signet: staple budget two drop mana rock for more ramp.
- Farseek: two drop land ramp that can get Stomping Ground or Cinder Glade.
Cinder Glade, Unclaimed Territory, Naya Panorama, Rogue's Passage, Tyrite Sanctum are some budget land upgrades to consider replacing some basic lands. Path of Ancestry could replace Timber Gorge.
Good luck with your deck.
lagotripha on Counter/Flash Pezzent! (10/12 euro/$)
1 year ago
Solid list. There are some great cards worth looking at which give this kind of list a lot of versatility- and a lot of the rares from Nightpack Ambusher era are cheap. Spectral Sailor, Mizzium Meddler, Lutri, the Spellchaser, Nimble Obstructionist, Faerie Vandal, Quickling, Wildborn Preserver, Vile Redeemer.
With Cathar Commando/Hushwing Gryff/Containment Priest, you could probably string together a strong w/u or w/g list. I remember messing around with Mantle of Leadership for this in the past. Sigrid, God-Favored+Niambi, Esteemed Speaker point to a legendary tribal option if budget legendaries show up for the archetype.
SS1985 on Fangor Werewolf Aggro
1 year ago
I'm working on a similar list but I'm REALLY struggling to decide on the creatures I want in the main. Instead of Huntmaster of the Fells Flip I'm running Nightpack Ambusher, playing a flash 4/4 to surprise defend or just pump on opponents turn to set up lethal on the following is nice. He also benefits from non-action on your turn to flip other werewolves and create 3/3s every other turn. I'm also likely running Immerwolf to keep my werewolves as werewolves regardless of how many spells my opponent (or I) play. How does your deck deal with board wipes? That's another issue I'm wrestling with but I like the final ability on Ranger Class as a solution to rebuild the board late-game. Interested in your thoughts, +1 on this list in the meantime.
|Have (3)||DudeMan1031 , metalmagic , gildan_bladeborn|
|Want (4)||Skullzer7 , Amaterasu312 , Cool_Cat , WearingMender38|