Snow Creature — Snake
Attacking creatures you control have deathtouch.
Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, draw a card.
Printings View all
|Commander 2019 (C19)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Ohran Frostfang occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Ohran Frostfang Discussion
2 days ago
Thanks for your comment. I am very happy about such comments, as it is difficult to keep an eye on every possible combination with over a thousand commanders, especially with such a commander like Ishkanah, which you don't meet in your LGS every day. Thanks to your comment, I can see more of the potential of Ishkanah. I you want to tune up your deck, I have some recommendations for that:
I would exchange:
- Panharmonicon has only 3 targets + your commander... I think that's not efficien enough I would rather play this beast of a card: Ohran Frostfang because this card converts your spiders into carddrawing killer spiders.
- Far Wanderings for Cultivate because it's more reliable and effective
- Vessel of Nascency for Jarad's Orders because this card is just a perfect tutor for decks like this
- Blood for Bones for Victimize
- Is Witchbane Orb one of your meta picks, because a lot of your opponents play curses or burn? If not, I would rather play more carddraw because you have to less of it in your deck. Play Sylvan Library (or Phyrexian Arena) instead
- Drown in Filth with either another good removal like Abrupt Decay; Caustic Caterpillar; Plaguecrafter (Force of Despair, Darkblast, Snuff Out, Force of Vigor, Tragic Slip etc.)
- Cut 2 Forests and a Swamp for Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Khalni Ambush Flip & Hagra Mauling Flip
- Grapple with the Past for Fiend Artisan/Phyrexian Arena/Opposition Agent
- Entomb for any other tutor like Demonic, Vampiric, Grim Worldly Tutor etc. or Buried Alive
I would play as many cool utility lands with a sacrifice effect and as many fetch lands as possible because they're needed for Delirium and have also great potential with the MVP in every graveyard deck Life from the Loam:
- Evolving Wilds/Terramorphic Expanse/Ash Barrens/Jund Panorama
- Prismatic Vista/Verdant Catacombs; Windswept Heath/Wooded Foothills/Bloodstained Mire etc. (If they're out of budget, you just can play the cool and cheaper utility lands and you'll be fine) Other cool lands: Grim Backwoods!!; Geier Reach Sanitarium, Drownyard Temple Phyrexian Tower, Emergence Zone, Haunted Fengraf, Buried Ruin I would also add Deserted Temple because it can produce together with Cabal Coffers + Rings of Brighthearth infinite black mana.
Carddraw or Cardadvantage:
- Ohran Frostfang!!
- Driven / Despair!!
- Sylvan Library!!
- Night's Whisper
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Phyrexian Arena!!
- Journey to Eternity Flip
- Phyrexian Reclamation
- Fauna Shaman/Birthing Pod/Fiend Artisan/Survival of the Fittest/Yisan, the Wanderer Bard
Other good finishers/ combo pieces:
- Altar of the Brood / Blood Artist / Zulaport Cutthroat
- Craterhoof Behemoth or the budget version: End-Raze Forerunners / Overrun
- Triumph of the Hordes
Well, I'm sure that you already know what other options there are to tune up the deck. If you want to win consitenly I would add more ways to produce infinte mana like Nim Deathmantle + Priest of Gix + Ashnod's Altar or Magus of the Coffers + Staff of Domination OR another unigue and complicated way to filter infinite colorless mana with Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth is together with Mirage Mirror and a Swamp...
To make the whole thing more consistent you have play all green and black tutors, play fast mana like the Moxes, Mana Crypt/-Vault, Manadorks (Elvish Mystic/Elves of Deep Shadow/Llanowar Elves etc. and pack some premium removal in the deck to raise the power level. If you're interested we can brew a fringe competetive list together.
2 weeks ago
I had considered Ohran Frostfang in my own list, but isn't it kind of a bummer to hit off of Hans since they'd both kill each other since they'd both have Deathtouch?
1 month ago
I would recommend an aristocratic build. You may choose to go spore counter route, which I'm not a huge fan of, but the following ones pull double duty (and I am a fan of):
On-theme Sac outlets that also make saprolings:
Deathspore Thallid: Great sac outlet and potential removal piece.
Savage Thallid: Another great sac outlet and protection piece.
Vitaspore Thallid: I think giving haste is the weakest effect of the bunch, this is just another budget on-theme sac outlet.
Budget sac payoffs,
Epicure of Blood and Marauding Blight-Priest: Help to increase the payoff of slimefoot and are so cheap they are essentially free (literally, ask anyone at your LGS for these, they have them and don't want them).
Falkenrath Noble: Who doesn't love life loss?
Poison-Tip Archer: Great blocker (reach and deathtouch? No one wants to lose there dragon to this) but this one starts to impact the budget.
Syr Konrad, the Grim: He just does soo much.
Vindictive Vampire: This guy should say life loss.... I mean, it's black and not red.
Zulaport Cutthroat: Classic but approaches a dollar.
Slime Foot god stuff,
Jade Mage: Back up slimefoot that does stuff at a discount.
Massacre Girl: Best board wipe in this build.
Verdant Force: It says EACH upkeep. Yes, each.
Gift of Doom: Cheap protection for slimefoot that has the added benefit of killing a saproling you already want dead.
Moldervine Reclamation: Card draw and life for just playing? Of course.
Snake Umbra: Protection and three cards every time you sac a saproling.
Sprout Swarm: Convoke makes this broken.
Some less budget friendly cards (all under $10, but above $1):
Ohran Frostfang: Turns each saproling into a card draw or a removal spell.
Pitiless Plunderer: Solid ramp.
Priest of Forgotten Gods: Under appreciated. This card does everything a black mage should be doing.
Tendershoot Dryad: Can win you the game on its own.
Black Market: Slime foot loves stupid amounts of mana.
Keen Sense: Insane card draw for 1 green mana.
Casualties of War: Expensive to cast but worth it. Worth it every time.
Best of luck building.
2 months ago
You might like these: Mangara of Corondor (put his ability on the stack, then untap him and reuse the ability multiple times before it resolves!), Coastal Piracy, Reconnaissance Mission, Ohran Frostfang, Storage Matrix, Opposition, Seedborn Muse, Frozen Aether, Kismet, Glare of Subdual, Nature's Revolt, God-Pharaoh's Statue, Disruptive Pitmage, Spark Double (two Derevis!), Azami, Lady of Scrolls, Quest for Renewal
2 months ago
Nice deck! You might like these: Drumhunter, Ohran Frostfang, Druids' Repository, Seedborn Muse, Patron of the Orochi, Leafkin Druid, Somberwald Sage, Garruk's Packleader, Archetype of Endurance, Spearbreaker Behemoth, Soul of New Phyrexia, Colfenor's Urn, Cauldron of Souls, Temur Sabertooth, Thunderfoot Baloth, Keeper of Fables
2 months ago
2 months ago
This is an interesting build. You might like these: Flurry of Wings, Beck / Call, Docent of Perfection Flip, Murmuring Mystic, Keep Watch, Mindmoil, Arjun, the Shifting Flame, The Locust God, Chasm Skulker, Jeskai Ascendancy, Ogre Battledriver, Shared Animosity, Ohran Frostfang, Druids' Repository, Reconnaissance Mission, Derevi, Empyrial Tactician
2 months ago
Ohran Frostfang: I loved it and I ran it, but it was too slow and it's competing with Ashaya/Seedborn. We also prefer our effects instantly at the cost when it comes to card advantage.
Shamanic Revelation: Often considered, sorc speed feels bad.