Target creature control fights target creature you don't control. (Each deals damage equal to its power to the other.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Khalni Ambush occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Khalni Ambush Discussion
1 month ago
The fynn deck looks good on creatures and doesnt need alot of ramp cuase your decks really low to the ground. One thing it does need tho is more removal. Greens got so much enchantment and artifact removal with Return to Nature Nature's Claim Wilt Barrier Breach
4 months ago
I like cards with some kind of versatility... doesn‘s matter if it‘s adventure, „choose“-spells or the new MDFCs - therefore and to support the landfall theme i chose Khalni Ambush Flip as i have some effects to bumb the land back to hand and cast it as removal if needed. I‘m aware of the fact that they are all 1 mana cheaper, therefore (and the little bonus effect in case of legendarys with no additional cost) i will list Ancient Animus to the maybeboard. Eldritch Evolution is a 1 mana morr one-time pod effect... with the upside of jumping 2cmc higher from your sacrificed target. Definitely worth to consider -> Maybeboard
4 months ago
Housegheist I do think Flood of Tears is probably better than Crush of Tentacles, but I didn't suggest cutting Crush of Tentacles because it fits with the theme, but if you are okay sacrificing a bit of flavour and synergy, then flood of tears is probably better than crush of tentacles. Also I do agree that it is nice to have some versatility in Khalni Ambush Flip, especially with the landfall subtheme, so it isn't really a necessary cut.
4 months ago
Thank you for your suggestions. On the original list there are mostly cards which i already own.
Nevertheless i agree to Pongify > Jwari Disruption Flip and Thaumatic Compass Flip > Maze of Ith. What i like about the compass is that you can tutor for lands and gain the same effect as Ith AND tap for mana if your need to. The latter is definitely a worthy swap.
Don‘t you think Flood of Tears would be a more efficient swap for crush of tentacles?
4 months ago
I personally prefer Flood of Tears over Devastation Tide as well as Thaumatic Compass Flip over Maze of Ith, but those are just preferences and you don't need to add them. Also Jwari Disruption Flip and Khalni Ambush Flip could be replaced with more efficient removal like Pongify and Rapid Hybridization.
4 months ago
Thanks for your comment. I am very happy about such comments, as it is difficult to keep an eye on every possible combination with over a thousand commanders, especially with such a commander like Ishkanah, which you don't meet in your LGS every day. Thanks to your comment, I can see more of the potential of Ishkanah. I you want to tune up your deck, I have some recommendations for that:
I would exchange:
- Panharmonicon has only 3 targets + your commander... I think that's not efficien enough I would rather play this beast of a card: Ohran Frostfang because this card converts your spiders into carddrawing killer spiders.
- Far Wanderings for Cultivate because it's more reliable and effective
- Vessel of Nascency for Jarad's Orders because this card is just a perfect tutor for decks like this
- Blood for Bones for Victimize
- Is Witchbane Orb one of your meta picks, because a lot of your opponents play curses or burn? If not, I would rather play more carddraw because you have to less of it in your deck. Play Sylvan Library (or Phyrexian Arena) instead
- Drown in Filth with either another good removal like Abrupt Decay; Caustic Caterpillar; Plaguecrafter (Force of Despair, Darkblast, Snuff Out, Force of Vigor, Tragic Slip etc.)
- Cut 2 Forests and a Swamp for Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Khalni Ambush Flip & Hagra Mauling Flip
- Grapple with the Past for Fiend Artisan/Phyrexian Arena/Opposition Agent
- Entomb for any other tutor like Demonic, Vampiric, Grim Worldly Tutor etc. or Buried Alive
I would play as many cool utility lands with a sacrifice effect and as many fetch lands as possible because they're needed for Delirium and have also great potential with the MVP in every graveyard deck Life from the Loam:
- Evolving Wilds/Terramorphic Expanse/Ash Barrens/Jund Panorama
- Prismatic Vista/Verdant Catacombs; Windswept Heath/Wooded Foothills/Bloodstained Mire etc. (If they're out of budget, you just can play the cool and cheaper utility lands and you'll be fine) Other cool lands: Grim Backwoods!!; Geier Reach Sanitarium, Drownyard Temple Phyrexian Tower, Emergence Zone, Haunted Fengraf, Buried Ruin I would also add Deserted Temple because it can produce together with Cabal Coffers + Rings of Brighthearth infinite black mana.
Carddraw or Cardadvantage:
- Ohran Frostfang!!
- Driven / Despair!!
- Sylvan Library!!
- Night's Whisper
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Phyrexian Arena!!
- Journey to Eternity Flip
- Phyrexian Reclamation
- Fauna Shaman/Birthing Pod/Fiend Artisan/Survival of the Fittest/Yisan, the Wanderer Bard
Other good finishers/ combo pieces:
- Altar of the Brood / Blood Artist / Zulaport Cutthroat
- Craterhoof Behemoth or the budget version: End-Raze Forerunners / Overrun
- Triumph of the Hordes
Well, I'm sure that you already know what other options there are to tune up the deck. If you want to win consitenly I would add more ways to produce infinte mana like Nim Deathmantle + Priest of Gix + Ashnod's Altar or Magus of the Coffers + Staff of Domination OR another unigue and complicated way to filter infinite colorless mana with Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth is together with Mirage Mirror and a Swamp...
To make the whole thing more consistent you have play all green and black tutors, play fast mana like the Moxes, Mana Crypt/-Vault, Manadorks (Elvish Mystic/Elves of Deep Shadow/Llanowar Elves etc. and pack some premium removal in the deck to raise the power level. If you're interested we can brew a fringe competetive list together.
5 months ago
Hey, nice version of Jared. I'm not a fan of Jared, but I can see you have put a lot of thought into your deck and you have overall very good card sense on a budget. Card draw shouldn't be a problem as long as you can keep the monarch :)
The manabase is lacking which is understandable because of the low budget. Cinder Glade and Canopy Vista are two of the better budget lands for Naya because they are two different land types, have interaction with lots of basic lands and they're Forest lands. Farseek, but also Nature's Lore, Three Visits (Commander Legends version), Skyshroud Claim and Wood Elves can all search for them and these five land ramp spells are among the best in Commander because they can ramp with a dual land. Some other good budget lands are: Battlefield Forge, Path of Ancestry and Naya Panorama.
Crop Rotation can tutor for Throne of the High City. Open the Armory can tutor for Pariah, Shield of the Oversoul or one of five equipment. Pariah is an important card to have more access too because you can't lose the monarch when Jared is enchanted with it.
Kami of False Hope is the white Spore Frog. Sun Titan is now less than $1 and is quite helpful since it can be repeatable reanimation: Jared, Pariah, Throne, Frog, Reckoner or any other 3 CMC/less permanent. Dromoka's Command is a good instant fight spell since it also gives another mode.
Cards to consider cutting:
- 1x Mountain
- Blossoming Sands
- Temple of Abandon
- Temple of Plenty
- Temple of Triumph
- Khalni Ambush Flip
- Migration Path
- Protector of the Crown: Archon and Regal are better six drop monarch enablers.
- Truefire Captain: difficult casting cost for this budget manabase.
- Blackblade Reforged: not needed since doesn't give evasion or protection and Jared will have huge power/toughness with counters.
Good luck with your deck.
5 months ago
protection Hammer of Nazahn Darksteel Plate Shield of the Oversoul Indestructibility Timely Ward Bastion Protector Boros Charm Heroic Intervention Valorous Stance Inspiring Call Flawless Maneuver Deflecting Swat
wipe boad and boost yourself Subterranean Tremors Storm's Wrath Deafening Clarion Hammerfist Giant Fault Line Warmonger Starstorm Scourge of Kher Ridges Pyrohemia Chain Reaction Ryusei, the Falling Star Lavabrink Floodgates Into the Maw of Hell Shivan Meteor Star of Extinction Blasphemous Act Volcanic Offering
other fun card Coalhauler Swine
get back monarch Soltari Visionary Zealot il-Vec Loyal Apprentice Lieutenant Kirtar Selfless Spirit Blinkmoth Nexus and all flying creature Academy Raider Haunted Cloak Shadowspear get trample Captain's Hook Cobbled Wings Pyreheart Wolf Trailblazer's Boots Frontier Warmonger Court of Ire Regal Behemoth and creature with trigger
juste some exemple, make a choice now :)