Creature — Hydra
Trample (This creature can deal excess combat damage to defending player or planeswalker while attacking.)
Whenever a player casts a spell, put a +1/+1 counter on this.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Managorger Hydra occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Managorger Hydra Discussion
2 days ago
Filter Lands -> Thriving Lands + 5 Color Lands
Falta G para balancear
Quandrix Command , Draconic Intervention , Rip Apart , Venerable Warsinger , Daemogoth Woe-Eater , Daemogoth Titan , Incarnation Technique , Pest Infestation , Veyran, Voice of Duality , Laelia, the Blade Reforged , Tivash, Gloom Summoner , Essence Pulse
2 months ago
4 mana for even 3 3/3 beast tokens is decent. Your current list already contains Arasta of the Endless Web , and I love that it can help start the loop with Ghost Town if you have the right setup. A couple other token generating spells for surprise factor are Ezuri's Predation , Fresh Meat , and Caller of the Claw .
Dawnglade Regent not necessarily a big finisher, but monarch is another nice way to get card draw and the hexproof for your creatures is nice. Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is also nice, but a bit pricey.
The Tireless Tracker clues stick around so they're just there when you have spare mana that you don't want to go to waste which is again better than the one opportunity per landfall with Seer's Sundial and the tracker can get bigger as you sacrifice the clues. I especially like that the tokens trigger Kodama and if the land you put into play can tap for 2 mana you can sac a clue to draw a card which may draw you more land to put into play from Kodama triggers.
Quirion Ranger can help provide a clutch blocker or that one extra mana you need for some spell. I like that it helps you have more land in hand for landfall triggers off of Kodama. Since Ashaya makes your creatures into forests they can tap for mana so they all become targets for Quirion Ranger to untap.
Kamahl’s Will does seem like a decent fit for this deck as a way to go wide and removal. Territorial Scythecat seems okay similar to the running a Managorger Hydra but takes a bit to build up. Shifting Ceratops it has some versatility, but I'm not sure what you want this for in a landfall deck. Primeval Bounty is currently in your list here on tappedout. Branching Evolution not sure your strategy is putting a lot of counters on stuff, more dropping lots of tokens on the fiel. Fertilid synergizes well with Retreat to Kazandu . Garruk's Uprising again I don't think you're usually putting a lot of big creatures into play to benefit from the trigger. Court of Bounty seems better than Colossal Majesty and has an added benefit. Reclamation Sage is great, and I'm also interested in the new 2-drop Masked Vandal since it exiles stuff, and another budget tutor for these low cost utility creatures is Woodland Bellower .
=== other card options ===
- Shaman of Forgotten Ways can be a nice alternate way to win.
- Ancient Greenwarden it's Crucible of Worlds on a body, doubles landfall triggers, and has reach (I like referring to reach as dunking).
- Bramble Sovereign solid value, decent size body, can be used politically.
- Shared Summons solid budget tutor.
- Scapeshift could be game ending if you're getting the right landfall triggers.
- Regal Behemoth monarch and more mana.
- Mana Reflection MOAR MANA!
- Path of Discovery could help dig more land per Kodama trigger if landfall is generating token creatures.
- Blighted Woodland could be better than or just a nice addition to Myriad Landscape
- Greater Good is usually pretty solid card advantage in green especially if someone is about to deal with your commander or big bad or board wipe.
- Fecundity is great card advantage in go wide strategies if your deck runs a hand-full of sac outlets.
- Eldrazi Monument is fun if you can generate enough tokens or animate enough lands, just imagine a bunch of flying elemental forests that are indestructible beating down your opponents.
- Parallel Lives is much pricier than I remember.
- Evolutionary Leap is always a nice kind of card advantage in token decks, but still nice to sac non-tokens if they're about to die anyways.
- Beastmaster Ascension is a nice buff in wide strategies.
- Apex Altisaur could be a useful thing to get with your Magus to wipe out some creatures.
- Force of Vigor another great option for removal.
- Genesis Wave is always a solid way to spend lots of mana.
2 months ago
There's not a lot of thematic overlap, but Hydras are often paired with Elves because they can take advantage of every bit of mana Elves can create. They're also big and stompy. Highlights include Mistcutter Hydra , Managorger Hydra , Lifeblood Hydra , Genesis Hydra etc.
3 months ago
Cool deck! I have an otrimi deck irl myself. Consider adding infect, even just a few cards as a side strategy since otrimi mutated on one creature with infect is enough to kill people quickly. If you don't want to do infect, think about unblockable creatures, hexproof creatures, and ones that have abilities depending on their power. some suggestions are Cephalid Constable, Mist-Syndicate Naga, Elusive Tormentor Flip, Managorger Hydra, Broodhatch Nantuko and whatever fun ones you can find!
3 months ago
+1 my dude! @your reddit post,
More lands imo. Also more big ramp... seems like Vorinclex is a big target for removal, so ramping up to 15+ mana a turn seems like the way to go.
I think the biggest problem is that you're splitting themes and trying to jam infect. A lot of seemingly powerful cards don't have synergy with the rest of the deck. Only ~12 cards directly create +1/+1 counters. So (eg.) Hardened Scales really does nothing.
...Cut incidental Infect:
-1Phyrexian Swarmlord... I love this card but, even when you're all in on infect it isn't that good...
(I think the other infect cards with 5+ power as soft, 2-card combos with your commmander are viable).
...Cut fatties with no evasion:
-1Rampaging Baloths... incidental 4/4s aren't worthwhile
-1Ulvenwald Hydra... no synergy
3 months ago
SnakeByte77: Hmm, having a flyer in the deck wouldn't be bad at all, actually. Being a three-drop, it'd have to replace either Nissa, Voice of Zendikar or my only draw, Inspiring Call (Managorger Hydra is way to good to take out). That means if Nissa doesn't work out and I have to fire her, then I could try Grakmaw in that spot. Thanks for the idea!