|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Lhurgoyf
Terravore's power and toughness are each equal to the number of land cards in all graveyards.
1 month ago
This is a somewhat strange request. The interaction between Dakmor Salvage and The Gitrog Monster is extremely strong, and very cheap monetarily. You should consider running a couple dredge cards for value anyways, as hitting 2-3 extra draws off a dredge is an easy and once again cheap monetarily way to get ahead in card advantage.
To humor you though, here's what I'd probably run.
- The full suite of 1 drop mana dorks Arbor Elf Llanowar Elves Fyndhorn Elves Birds of Paradise etc. etc. and some big dorks like Priest of Titania
- Cards that let me put extra lands into play for more landfall triggers Sakura-Tribe Scout Skyshroud Ranger Azusa, Lost but Seeking Explore Exploration Burgeoning maybe even Walking Atlas
- Cards that let me turn lands into effects or otherwise graveyard the lands Sylvan Safekeeper Constant Mists Crop Rotation Elvish Reclaimer Edge of Autumn Lotus Field Forbidden Ritual Reprocess Harrow
- Cards that love lands entering battlefield or graveyard Terravore Titania, Protector of Argoth Avenger of Zendikar Rampaging Baloths Undergrowth Champion Lotus Cobra
- Symmetrical black land hate cards that I can break parity on with Gitrog draws and recursion Smallpox Pox Death Cloud Desolation
- Recursion effects for all these land sacs Life from the Loam Groundskeeper Crucible of Worlds Ramunap Excavator
- Cards that go with my board hate subtheme here Torment of Hailfire Oppression Necrogen Mists Bottomless Pit Bane of Progress Back to Nature Black Sun's Zenith Damnation Root Maze Caustic Caterpillar
- Finishers if you don't want to combo, like Beastmaster Ascension Genesis Wave Craterhoof Behemoth Overrun Overwhelming Stampede
And from there, round it out with some efficient early game beaters, some spot removal, land ramp, and a bit of card draw.
7 months ago
I'm a Land Destruction fan too, and hoping for something like ...
As an aside, Shivan Wumpus is terrible in Modern. When ahead, it's just a win-more, and when behind, our opponent is more than happy to sac' a land, ruin out next draw, and keep beating face.
1 year ago
I was recently thinking that Xenagos, God of Revels could be useful in a deck like this? As you have cards like Baloth Woodcrasher, Centaur Vinecrasher, Crash of Rhino Beetles, Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar and Terravore. There's plenty of other creatures that can be big too like Rubblehulk and Ulvenwald Hydra and so this might be something I include in my list I think some time to try out.
1 year ago
What about a land like Kessig Wolf Run? It works well with a large multani, yavimaya elder or Terravore out. Likewise, I think Ulvenwald Hydra would be a good addition to your deck as it can find any land you may want. This is why adding a few more ultility lands might be useful, like Bojuka Bog, Rogue's Passage, Mosswort Bridge. I'm even adding a Cabal Coffers and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth to my list (although I admit these don't come cheap)…
I like your manabase, and so I may follow it a bit, it's a lot simpler than mine and cheaper. I was going to either acquire additional Verdant Catacombs, Stomping grounds and the like originally or simply proxy them for my Lord Windgrace deck i'm building, (as I own 1x of most shocks/fetches) but I think just keeping the deck a little bit simpler when it comes to the mana base could be a welcome change.
1 year ago
Couple of notes up front (might just be due to ongoing edits):
- You have 2 copies of Victory Chimes in the list
- You only have 96 cards in the list (including the duplicate above) instead of 100
Want to suggest a couple of deck strategies to consider focusing in on (they are all fairly synergistic but it might help to pick one to focus on to help the deck feel like it has a clearer win condition):
With your current list of mill-value and beats, the missing pieces only seem to be ways to close the game.
- Keening Stone to close out a player with mill
- Necrotic Ooze to take advantage of any opponents' powerful abilities
- Consuming Aberration and Lord of Extinction seem quite good
- Psychosis Crawler takes advantage of the multiple windfall effects you are running but otherwise isn't too synergistic
- Splinterfright is a cheaper Lhurgoyf with better keywording and a synergistic 'tax' that works in your favor. Terravore might be worth considering too.
Discard Group Slug
I think this is a really interesting avenue for Muldrotha: running cards like Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur, Waste Not, Oppression, Mindslicer and Myojin of Night's Reach to clear out your own and opponents' hands while benefiting from Muldrotha and other graveyard recursion effects to allow yourself to keep making plays. It would be a deck unlike any other at our table so far.
Other solid cards that support this archetype:
- Scythe Specter, Hypnotic Specter, Liliana's Specter
- Cabal Conditioning
- Words of Waste
- Necrogen Mists
- Bloodhusk Ritualist
- Bottomless Pit
- Sword of Feast and Famine (yeah, expensive though)
- Painful Quandary
- Archfiend of Ifnir
Graveyard Theft or Pure Recursion
This concept would run recursion spells like Boneyard Parley to steal the best things from opponents graveyards. In this case, Muldrotha allows us to consistently run targeted recursion from our graveyard, and we can focus our deck construction on the grave-robbing package. Because of Muldrotha's ability, we want to focus primarily on "theft on sticks" which we can repeatedly cast as needed, likely leaning heavily into Black.
Theft on Sticks examples
- Chainer, Dementia Master
- Dance of the Dead
- Scion of Darkness
- Chancellor of the Spires can both jump-start your mill value and borrow a winner from someone's yard. Sam has one.
1 year ago
seshiro_of_the_orochi thanks for the suggestions. i reckon Sylvan Advocate could be really spicy but the risk of drawing it after you've blown up the lands and having a 1/2 for 2 is just to high. Terravore ill put in terravore but not Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar because in this scenario terravore in a strictly better version as it does both graveyards and cost way less.
1 year ago
1 year ago
Also, you don't really seem to have... a win condition. Dingus Egg rewards you for what you'll be doing anyway, and you might like some big boys such as Terravore, Argothian Wurm, Deus of Calamity or Petradon.
No data for this card yet.