Put X 1/2 green Spider creature tokens with reach onto the battlefield, where X is the number of creatures attacking you. Prevent all combat damage that would be deal this turn by non-Spider creatures.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Filter Lands -> Thriving Lands + 5 Color Lands
Falta G para balancear
Quandrix Command , Draconic Intervention , Rip Apart , Venerable Warsinger , Daemogoth Woe-Eater , Daemogoth Titan , Incarnation Technique , Pest Infestation , Veyran, Voice of Duality , Laelia, the Blade Reforged , Tivash, Gloom Summoner , Essence Pulse
3 weeks ago
IMO Arachnogenesis isn't that good here since it can't create tokens on your turn
3 weeks ago
This looks awesome. Love how unique Shadrix abilities are for this color pair. I feel like Inkshield is a must for this deck. Not only as a win on, but just because it's the best fog type effect since Arachnogenesis .
1 month ago
Intervention Pact has the text box " : pay on your next upkeep or lose."
"But it's good in commander!!!!1!" Nope. It's probably hitting one token, or one of the creatures Hoofie buffed, or their commander one time. Let's see what does much, much better: Fog , Holy Day , Clinging Mists , Blinding Fog , Arachnogenesis and Teferi's Protection , most of which are unplayable and the best are, well, Teferi's Protection is pretty good because white doesn't get much else.
Compared to Pact of the Titan, which is Bonebreaker Giant except it has flash and you don't have to pay for it immediately.
It's like comparing a Frito to draft chaff. One shouldn't be in your deck, and other's life purpose is to be destroyed.
3 months ago
Sorry for the very lengthy reply. I just got swept up in this.
I've only played two games so my experience overall isn't going to tell me enough about how certain cards perform in various situations or if they're not synergizing enough with your strategy. I'm guessing you're on a budget. If your playgroup allows proxies, or money isn't an issue. Gaea's Cradle is always a great option in a deck that generates lots of token creatures, and you're already running Crop Rotation . The budget option to cradle though is Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. When I began my 2nd game playing this deck I was very concerned since one opponent was running Angus Mackenzie which usually just neuters this kind of strategy. I mean I lost that game for other reasons, but if it had dragged on I probably would need a lot of luck to have instant speed removal for Angus and enough power to alpha strike or I'd just lose to forever fog. That's certainly an edge case, but a tad more removal could be helpful to rid yourself of problematic creatures or other effects. Song of the Dryads and Kenrith's Transformation are a couple of great options. The only other creature that doesn't do something like fight that shot to the front of my mind to get around Angus was Questing Beast .
However, simply looking at the list and thinking about good options in general I would say the following cards should be considered for replacement:
- Colossal Majesty its a bit slow compared to other green card draw. Sylvan Library is probably the best replacement if money is no issue. Beast Whisperer is decent and you can tutor it. There are great one-time effects considering the swarm you usually have like Shamanic Revelation and Regal Force . Harmonize is always a solid option. Oakhame Adversary is usually getting through because of deathtouch and you can always leave him as a blocker. Depending on your meta Runic Armasaur can net you plenty of cards.
- Liege of the Tangle feels like you'd be better off with something that helps finish the game the turn it enters the battlefield for this much mana. Craterhoof Behemoth or something like that would be nice, but if you're content with the pump that you get from Kamahl then perhaps Bane of Progress would be nice to wipe the pesky artifacts and enchantments. God-Eternal Rhonas is another decent buff to finish with. Great Oak Guardian could potentially be a finisher with your ability to turn lands into creatures and Temur Sabertooth as a way to recast the treefolk again and again.
- Nylea, Keen-Eyed I feel like she is a decent card, especially since she is indestructible, but her activated ability is pretty costly for only digging 1 card. I would prefer Duskwatch Recruiter Flip for this kind of effect and if it flips it does the cost reduction. If you're after an indestructible creature here then Rhonas the Indomitable is great for the deathtouch as a blocker or threat, and his pump + trample effect. For other nice cost reducers there's Emerald Medallion and Rhonas's Monument .
- Curious Herd was a dead card for me in one of my games where I drew it. I ended up discarding it when I ended a turn at 8 cards in hand. I can see that it has potential in some matchups, but its is a bit meta dependent. Arachnogenesis would probably be an upgrade in many cases, but again meta dependant.
- Magus of the Order I was surprised when I saw this in my hand because I didn't realize it had been printed. 2020 was a blur. However, as it stands there were not a lot of great targets for this to go tutor into play. Avenger, Nyxbloom, of Baloths were the primary options to me since Leige needs to swing and connect in order to do something and wait a turn before the lands can attack giving opponents a chance to wipe your board (including 8/8 lands). Actual Natural Order would be preferable since it is less telegraphed, but still need better finisher, utility, value to tutor for. Craterhoof, Bane of Progress, or maybe something like Apex Devastator for all the silly cascades.
- Roiling Regrowth -> Harrow (generally won't get countered so the additional cost on cast of sacrificing a land is a minimal risk) or if you want a body Springbloom Druid .
- Bow of Nylea it certainly has its utility, but something like Ohran Frostfang may be better for the deathtouch buff and supplemental card draw.
Other cards to consider:
- Skyshroud Claim it doesn't have the option to cycle, but untapped lands can really help in situations where you've doubled or tripled your mana produced.
- Zendikar Resurgent is just a great card.
- Eternal Witness works great with Temur Sabertooth and is generally just a great card.
- Overwhelming Stampede just a nice alternative finisher to Kamahl incase he's too expensive to get back on the field.
- Kogla, the Titan Ape not a lot of humans in your current iteration to have his bounce ability be useful like Temur Sabertooth , but he's still another way to fight a problematic creature and he can remove an artifact/enchantment per attack.
- Champion of Lambholt with so many token creatures you can get this up to a point where your creatures are unblockable.
- Soul of the Harvest is another solid source of incremental card draw.
- Triumph of the Hordes is a nice surprise finisher, especially against someone with near-infinite life.
- Carpet of Flowers meta dependent, but excellent ramp.
- Elder Gargaroth beefy, and has useful options every attack.
- Bellowing Tanglewurm since Kamahl already can pump, this can help get your alpha strike in.
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa can just be a fun deterrent to board wipes if you have enough mana available to turn your opponent's lands into creatures in response.
- Oracle of Mul Daya just amazing for landfall theme.
- Gaea's Touch is a budget friendly option to help put more lands into play per turn, but they need to be basic forests.
- Tireless Tracker a bit grindy, but nice way to spend mana when you have nothing better to do. Also the treasure token trigger Kodama of the East Tree to allow you to put another land into play.
Some combo suggestions:
- Quirion Ranger + Ashaya, Soul of the Wild to use the ranger's ability to return the ranger and untap any other creature that can tap for mana to recast the range and repeat for infinite cast triggers, creature ETB triggers for other permanents that care, and "landfall" triggers. Scryb Ranger can also work if your "lands" produce an additional green or if you have a way to give them haste like Lightning Greaves or Concordant Crossroads .
- Cloudstone Curio + Kodama of the East Tree to put a land into play, bounce another land, resolve Kodama trigger to put that land back into play and bounce the first land for as many additional lands you can play per turn. This becomes infinite if you have a permanent that generates any kind of token on landfall trigger.
3 months ago
As a lower curve, I would take out Blightwidow as you are not intending to win with poison counters and creatures with infect can only do damage in the form of poison counters. You could add in Sporeweb Weaver. I might also consider cutting Juvenile Gloomwidow and add Snarespinner as it is much more likely to outright kill flyer than to just die and give it a -1/-1 counter. I would also cut Kessig Recluse as you are trying to win mostly by using Assault Formation (I assume) and you already have Deadly Recluse and Basilisk Collar for the deathtouch protection. In its place Chainweb Aracnir and you will have a much more aggressive curve to swarm your opponent with and cast Arachnogenesis. You will probably need to add some card draw as well so that you don't run out of fuel. Harmonize or Lead the Stampede in place of Accorder's Shield will make it better. The reason I chose Accorder's Shield is because to bring it out and equip it the same turn will cost and so will bringing out and equipping Slagwurm Armor, but Slagwurm Armor gives more of a buff. The minor upside to Accorder's Shield is that you can drop all of your mana on a spider and then cast Accorder's Shield same turn.
6 months ago
Like this is a great example of a fun, niche Fog effect that I really like. I ran a playset in a spider tribal deck and eventually dropped them for removal. But I think this card is amazing: Arachnogenesis.
But, consistantly it sat in my hand or at best, I just decide to cast it even though it wasnt needed really.