Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Human Rogue
You control your opponents while they're searching their libraries.
While an opponent is searching their library, they exile each card they find. You may play those cards for as long as they remain exiled, and you may spend mana as though it where mana of any colour to cast them.
2 days ago
Opposition Agent is in a similar boat.
2 months ago
Not sure if she's up everyone's ally, but Maralen of the Mornsong is an interesting card, especially if you tutor it up on the end step before your turn, you can then dig out Opposition Agent to make Maralen way more interesting. You might want to protect Maralen, but she's a fairly strong thing to tutor out if you're willing to stop opponent's from drawing cards. Oh, and if Maralen and Oppo survive a cycle, you can dig out Teferi's Puzzle Box if you want to clear out opponent's hands with a nice looking lady.
I like Seedborn Muse's outfit, she seems classy and is very good with 5C Sisay.
I noticed you're fairly heavy on Blue, have you thought about Neurok Stealthsuit to protect key creatures? If people use a lot of targeted effects it can be very powerful.
I feel like Sol Ring is a better thematic fit for your deck than the Pride Sol Ring, ymmv naturally.
2 months ago
- Opposition Agent is a possibly and suitably oppressive card, particularly with tutoring and fetching running rampant. Great fun.
- Raffine's Tower is a fetchable tri-land, which is great early game for color correction.
- Imperial Seal has been reprinted, so it's an extra cheap tutor that might be handy.
- Counterbalance can be delightfully obnoxious, and while it's combo potential with Sensei's Divining Top, you do have Soothsaying as an alternate option. It's countermagic, but it's exceptionally repeatable. Also, in terms of countermagic- and control-like things, I'd say to go for things with benefits, like Commandeer, Desertion, Vindicate (which I say is a must in those colors), Anguished Unmaking, Cyclonic Rift, Sunder, The Meathook Massacre...
- Dream Trawler might be pricey, but it's also very obnoxious to face. You could also think, in terms of creatures and creature-generation, about Sigil of the Empty Throne, Heliod, the Radiant Dawn Flip, Field of the Dead...
- Felidar Sovereign is another alternate win with fewer life required than the Test of Endurance, though Aetherflux Reservoir can be another fun way to ensure your life shoots sky-high and gives you ammo to destroy things. I'm also partial to Kokusho, the Evening Star in any black deck.
- A fun (but slow) way to swipe creatures is Athreos, Shroud-Veiled. Great fun, and it's fairly hard for opponents to deal with if it's not a creature.
3 months ago
Syphon Mind - Draw
Mind Twist - Hand hate, bait blue. I can't tell you how many times I've ramped into this turn 2-3 and just ruined someone's day
Opposition Agent - Always a solid choice for destroying friendships
3 months ago
depends on what you want, Aven is a better beater but, Agent is card advantage.
Make a cut for Teferi's Ageless Insight (I cut Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite. Archfiend of Ifnir is a good one sided wipe in this deck)
More 1 drop creature and more legendary creature suggestions are welcome. (legendary creatures take advantage of Gold-Forged Thopteryx etc).
Less counter spells required due to many protection spells in deck.
Glen Elendra Archmage w/connive you can keep her online
Consider Rhystic Study (slows my creature attack strat. But op... Gix, Yawgmoth Praetor in its place for now)
Weak to oppo swing back. Solutions include war tax effects and vigilance.
3 months ago
Nice deck friend :)
3 months ago
I've found that a mix of Reanimator and Stax is the best way to not only keep the deck from being overtaken, but to also increase it's resiliency & reduce it's reliance on it's Commander cheating Creatures into play to get the wheels spinning, as the deck itself cheats them into play intrinsically with the Commander's effect adding extra spice for a very focused yet multipronged strategy. Far more powerful & consistent than doubling up on triggers as a deck philosophy imo.
Underworld Breach, Entomb, Buried Alive, Unmarked Grave, Persist, Reanimate, & Final Parting are all crazy good in this context. Certain key Stax pieces like Opposition Agent, Dauthi Voidwalker, Drannith Magistrate & Grand Abolisher will stop whatever your opponents are trying to do while you advance.
Razaketh, the Foulblooded is way too good not to include in the list, though. It's synergy with Dockside Extortionist can straight up win you the game immediately if you have enough life to pay for combo assembly in this theoretical Reanimator build. I'd also recommend Ancient Gold Dragon, as it gives you insane board pressure in addition to nuking everyone in conjunction with Dragon Tempest. Sneak Attack is also empowered in this Reanimator approach, especially with the emphasis on ETBs.
I think the deck needs a bit more card draw & Tutors, though, especially for the budget. Vampiric Tutor, Enlightened Tutor & Gamble just got reprinted, so they're decently cheap right now. Scroll Rack, Sensei's Divining Top, Esper Sentinel, Archivist of Oghma, Dark Confidant, Dark Tutelage & of course Necropotence are worth consideration. Tectonic Reformation could also be very powerful here considering how many lands you're running. Cards like Valakut Awakening Flip & Into the Fire can be deceptively powerful with other utility outside of just drawing cards.
5 months ago
Since you are running both Ob Nixilis, Unshackled and Opposition Agent, you could consider running Maralen of the Mornsong in place of Varragoth as the commander or just in the 99. I know she isn't a demon, but Maralen still tutors for you and can be really nasty with the aforementioned cards.