: Gain .
, : Sacrifice Buried Ruin: Return target artifact from your graveyard to your hand.
|Have (3)||metalmagic , , Candyman949|
|Want (3)||Hollowdude711 , _signal_ , samuel_of_the_coast|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Buried Ruin occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Buried Ruin Discussion
3 weeks ago
How bout these? Illusionist's Bracers, Kuldotha Forgemaster, Knollspine Dragon, Sandstone Oracle, Buried Ruin, Kyren Negotiations, Honor-Worn Shaku, Curse of Opulence, Mycosynth Lattice, Unwinding Clock, Hair-Strung Koto
3 weeks ago
Transmute really has one of the strongest synergies with Ramirez; however, I didn't end up adding it for each CMC, because the deck is still in construction and I don't have key cards to tutor for yet. Also, I want to make sure that the card with transmute has a relevant ability. Otherwise, it'll only be a tutor and a waste of a card slot, imo.
- There are some obvious cards I will have to buy/trade for such as: Cranial Plating, Buried Ruin, Unearth, Reconnaissance Mission
- Maybe: Shadow of the Grave, Drake Haven (CMC3 slot is competitive & the 1 mana tax might be hindering my game plan; would like to hear your opinion on that card)
I haven't thought of Dredge cards. Thanks for that suggestion! I think cards with that ability might work best when I have both commanders in play. (probably cutting some cycling cards for Dredge) These are the ones I'm currently considering: Golgari Thug, Necroplasm and Dakmor Salvage. I think I need more cards that recur stuff from my graveyard besides Ramirez. (just in case he gets removed before combat dmg etc.)
What's your opinion on redundant cards? I already have 2 creatures that reduce costs of artifacts and 2 creatures that return artifacts to my hand when they die. How many is enough do you think?
Also looking for cards that synergize well with my commanders and help me recur non-artifact, non-creature cards.
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Greetings MapPsycho I've worked on this deck tonight. I'm unsure about keeping the Elephant Grass + Scuttlemutt combination of abilities to protect me from an attacker designated as black. It is fairly situational and those two slots take away from the land gain, large creature theme.
These are the cards I have added thus far:
The cards I removed tentatively are: Buried Ruin, Blighted Woodland, Consign to Dust, Scattershot Archer, Crystal Chimes and Crashing Drawbridge. this last card I was reluctant to take out -- granting haste is such a fun surprise and option with big monsters entering the battlefield. Regardless, The cards I still am curious to add are: Yavimaya Elder, Traverse the Ulvenwald and Ram Through but I am uncertain what to remove. Should perhaps the above mentioned combo depart from the picture?
Thanks in advance if you have any time to evaluate.
1 month ago
First of all, your curve is high so you need way more mana acceleration, especially early game.
Here are some other suggestions:
Buried Ruin, Dread Statuary, Gavony Township, Tomb of the Spirit Dragon, Krosan Verge, Blighted Woodland, Canopy Vista, Scattered Groves, Castle Garenbrig, Bala Ged Recovery Flip instead of basic lands.
2 months ago
Thanks for your comment. I am very happy about such comments, as it is difficult to keep an eye on every possible combination with over a thousand commanders, especially with such a commander like Ishkanah, which you don't meet in your LGS every day. Thanks to your comment, I can see more of the potential of Ishkanah. I you want to tune up your deck, I have some recommendations for that:
I would exchange:
- Panharmonicon has only 3 targets + your commander... I think that's not efficien enough I would rather play this beast of a card: Ohran Frostfang because this card converts your spiders into carddrawing killer spiders.
- Far Wanderings for Cultivate because it's more reliable and effective
- Vessel of Nascency for Jarad's Orders because this card is just a perfect tutor for decks like this
- Blood for Bones for Victimize
- Is Witchbane Orb one of your meta picks, because a lot of your opponents play curses or burn? If not, I would rather play more carddraw because you have to less of it in your deck. Play Sylvan Library (or Phyrexian Arena) instead
- Drown in Filth with either another good removal like Abrupt Decay; Caustic Caterpillar; Plaguecrafter (Force of Despair, Darkblast, Snuff Out, Force of Vigor, Tragic Slip etc.)
- Cut 2 Forests and a Swamp for Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Khalni Ambush Flip & Hagra Mauling Flip
- Grapple with the Past for Fiend Artisan/Phyrexian Arena/Opposition Agent
- Entomb for any other tutor like Demonic, Vampiric, Grim Worldly Tutor etc. or Buried Alive
I would play as many cool utility lands with a sacrifice effect and as many fetch lands as possible because they're needed for Delirium and have also great potential with the MVP in every graveyard deck Life from the Loam:
- Evolving Wilds/Terramorphic Expanse/Ash Barrens/Jund Panorama
- Prismatic Vista/Verdant Catacombs; Windswept Heath/Wooded Foothills/Bloodstained Mire etc. (If they're out of budget, you just can play the cool and cheaper utility lands and you'll be fine) Other cool lands: Grim Backwoods!!; Geier Reach Sanitarium, Drownyard Temple Phyrexian Tower, Emergence Zone, Haunted Fengraf, Buried Ruin I would also add Deserted Temple because it can produce together with Cabal Coffers + Rings of Brighthearth infinite black mana.
Carddraw or Cardadvantage:
- Ohran Frostfang!!
- Driven / Despair!!
- Sylvan Library!!
- Night's Whisper
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Phyrexian Arena!!
- Journey to Eternity Flip
- Phyrexian Reclamation
- Fauna Shaman/Birthing Pod/Fiend Artisan/Survival of the Fittest/Yisan, the Wanderer Bard
Other good finishers/ combo pieces:
- Altar of the Brood / Blood Artist / Zulaport Cutthroat
- Craterhoof Behemoth or the budget version: End-Raze Forerunners / Overrun
- Triumph of the Hordes
Well, I'm sure that you already know what other options there are to tune up the deck. If you want to win consitenly I would add more ways to produce infinte mana like Nim Deathmantle + Priest of Gix + Ashnod's Altar or Magus of the Coffers + Staff of Domination OR another unigue and complicated way to filter infinite colorless mana with Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth is together with Mirage Mirror and a Swamp...
To make the whole thing more consistent you have play all green and black tutors, play fast mana like the Moxes, Mana Crypt/-Vault, Manadorks (Elvish Mystic/Elves of Deep Shadow/Llanowar Elves etc. and pack some premium removal in the deck to raise the power level. If you're interested we can brew a fringe competetive list together.
2 months ago
For the infinite etb/die triggers, you might also include Thornbite Staff attached to Gisa, together with something that can provide any amount of like Phyrexian Altar. I know you dont plan on buying any other cards and those two cards might be a bit more expensive, but just another option you can think about.
Im thinking about adding Gisa, Thornbite Staff and some other cards to my Syr Konrad, the Grim's For the Void deck, but its already hard enough to find any free spot... :D I run several cards as you as a combo pieces, so you might check those out, its a mix of aristocrat/reanimator.
I would replace Tormented Thoughts - since this isnt really any discard focused deck for Beacon of Unrest - just to have another reanimator spell that can hit anyone's graveyard, but more importantly, it can bring back some of yours artifact combo piece. Land budget variant could be Buried Ruin.
2 months ago
Lightning Greaves is a really good card, if your commander only needs to be either hasty or protected to execute your game plan.
In an equipment strategy though, Shroud prevents other equipment being attached to the greaves-equipped creature. It's really awkward to have to shift the greaves away from your one big creature to equip it with other pieces, opening it up to removal while doing so.
I'd cut that.
I'm a fan of Brass Squire in these decks, cheating on equip costs is pretty powerful if a quarter of your deck is equipment.
Relic Seeker is solid.
Buried Ruin can grab an equipment from the graveyard back to hand, great utility on a land.
Inventors' Fair seems like a must-run.
Is there a reason you took the kobold as second partner other than novelty? Akiri, Line-Slinger is very powerful as a beatstick in the command zone