Target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn.
Dredge 3 (If you would draw a card, instead you may put exactly three cards from the top of your library into your graveyard. If you do, return this card from your graveyard to your hand. Otherwise, draw a card.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Darkblast occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
2 months ago
NICE NICE NICE!
What about Shizo, Death's Storehouse? It should be cheap now that it was reprinted in Mystery Boosters, and it will keep other Commanders in check for as long as Horobi is on the field for only .
Also, I am stressing Darkblast as suggested by seshiro_of_the_orochi, it's recursion and 1CMC instant removal as you said, but with Dredge you are also filling your graveyard with lots of choices for that plenty of creature recursion you included ;)
2 months ago
seshiro_of_the_orochi thanks a lot for your suggestions! I've really been waiting in anticipation for some feedback on this project :)
I have ordered the cards for this deck, but haven't recieved them yet, so I can't know for sure how well it does. But for the time being, here's what I think about the suggested cards.
Darkblast: It's cool that it's 1CMC and instant, and that it has recursion. But it's still 1 mana for only 1 target, with no added benefit. Originally I have chosen cards that either have multiple targets, or 1CMC / 1 target spells with added benefits (like draw).
Revel in Riches: Good card! But it's a bit pricey and I think winning with good old combat damage is the most fun. I realize this is not possible in every playgroup, but for the time being, it can be done in mine :)
Gift of Doom: Really cool with Horobi, Death's Wail, and a natural fit with the indestructible theme of the deck. The reason I didn't add this from the get-go is that I'm unsure if I play enough creatures to be able to morph it and keep value on the board. I wouldn't want to sac something big, and the deck doesn't run a lot of creatures because I don't want Horobi's effect to backfire too much. Anyways, I will definetly give this card another thought.
Number of lands: It's not very clear unfortunately, but the deck runs 36 lands. Three of them are in the recursion category.
Command Beacon: Good card, but a bit too pricey. I am going to try to get the recursion theme to work before I potentially try command zone to hand effects.
Glaring Spotlight: This is also a card I had a good long look at. It's cheap and it fits well with the theme. My problem with it it's that it's mainly a counter play card. And if I the opponents don't have hexproof, and I don't have 3 mana available, it's kind of a dead draw. I think this is much better late game, a part of the game that is hard to playtest in solo mode. So I will probably have another look at this card when I've playtested the deck with real opponents.
Thanks again for the feedback, and feel free to drop the link to your Horobi deck here when it's ready :)
2 months ago
Love this, I've considered building Horobi for quite some time, after seeing your list, I think I'll finally do it.
One final thing: 33 lands seems very low.
3 months ago
Testing out some temporary changes: Dakmor Salvage, Golgari Thug, Darkblast, Body Double, Fierce Guardianship, Obsessive Stitcher, and Unearth over Basalt Monolith, Demonic Tutor, Mana Drain, Notion Thief, Court of Cunning, Academy Ruins, and Forbid.
3 months ago
Perhaps more cards that mill you would be useful, to speed up getting the big enchantments in the graveyard. Like Darkblast for instance.
3 months ago
Thanks for your comment. I am very happy about such comments, as it is difficult to keep an eye on every possible combination with over a thousand commanders, especially with such a commander like Ishkanah, which you don't meet in your LGS every day. Thanks to your comment, I can see more of the potential of Ishkanah. I you want to tune up your deck, I have some recommendations for that:
I would exchange:
- Panharmonicon has only 3 targets + your commander... I think that's not efficien enough I would rather play this beast of a card: Ohran Frostfang because this card converts your spiders into carddrawing killer spiders.
- Far Wanderings for Cultivate because it's more reliable and effective
- Vessel of Nascency for Jarad's Orders because this card is just a perfect tutor for decks like this
- Blood for Bones for Victimize
- Is Witchbane Orb one of your meta picks, because a lot of your opponents play curses or burn? If not, I would rather play more carddraw because you have to less of it in your deck. Play Sylvan Library (or Phyrexian Arena) instead
- Drown in Filth with either another good removal like Abrupt Decay; Caustic Caterpillar; Plaguecrafter (Force of Despair, Darkblast, Snuff Out, Force of Vigor, Tragic Slip etc.)
- Cut 2 Forests and a Swamp for Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Khalni Ambush Flip & Hagra Mauling Flip
- Grapple with the Past for Fiend Artisan/Phyrexian Arena/Opposition Agent
- Entomb for any other tutor like Demonic, Vampiric, Grim Worldly Tutor etc. or Buried Alive
I would play as many cool utility lands with a sacrifice effect and as many fetch lands as possible because they're needed for Delirium and have also great potential with the MVP in every graveyard deck Life from the Loam:
- Evolving Wilds/Terramorphic Expanse/Ash Barrens/Jund Panorama
- Prismatic Vista/Verdant Catacombs; Windswept Heath/Wooded Foothills/Bloodstained Mire etc. (If they're out of budget, you just can play the cool and cheaper utility lands and you'll be fine) Other cool lands: Grim Backwoods!!; Geier Reach Sanitarium, Drownyard Temple Phyrexian Tower, Emergence Zone, Haunted Fengraf, Buried Ruin I would also add Deserted Temple because it can produce together with Cabal Coffers + Rings of Brighthearth infinite black mana.
Carddraw or Cardadvantage:
- Ohran Frostfang!!
- Driven / Despair!!
- Sylvan Library!!
- Night's Whisper
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Phyrexian Arena!!
- Journey to Eternity Flip
- Phyrexian Reclamation
- Fauna Shaman/Birthing Pod/Fiend Artisan/Survival of the Fittest/Yisan, the Wanderer Bard
Other good finishers/ combo pieces:
- Altar of the Brood / Blood Artist / Zulaport Cutthroat
- Craterhoof Behemoth or the budget version: End-Raze Forerunners / Overrun
- Triumph of the Hordes
Well, I'm sure that you already know what other options there are to tune up the deck. If you want to win consitenly I would add more ways to produce infinte mana like Nim Deathmantle + Priest of Gix + Ashnod's Altar or Magus of the Coffers + Staff of Domination OR another unigue and complicated way to filter infinite colorless mana with Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth is together with Mirage Mirror and a Swamp...
To make the whole thing more consistent you have play all green and black tutors, play fast mana like the Moxes, Mana Crypt/-Vault, Manadorks (Elvish Mystic/Elves of Deep Shadow/Llanowar Elves etc. and pack some premium removal in the deck to raise the power level. If you're interested we can brew a fringe competetive list together.
4 months ago
5 months ago
Necroplasm is interesting.