|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Buyback — Sacrifice a land. (You may sacrifice a land in addition to any other costs as you play this spell. If you do, put this card into your hand as it resolves.)
Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn.
Constant Mists Discussion
6 days ago
Well, yes. But definitely not this deck. People are miserable enough when the answer to "How does this deck win?" is "Helix Pinnacle or Labman." LOL I can't imagine how salty they'd be if the answer was also "4/4 beats" looool
I think I'd like it either in or at the helm of a deck that featured Constant Mists
3 weeks ago
xander11, I've added Mina and Denn, Wildborn , but still have Constant Mists in. It could be up to be cut, but it's a great fog with it's buyback cost fitting the theme of the deck so well. When it gets down to brass tacks, and I need a cut, it may go. Just trying it out for now. I do appreciate the input, though. I'm not normally a big fan of fog effects, but this one works well for this deck.
4 weeks ago
This is a somewhat strange request. The interaction between Dakmor Salvage and The Gitrog Monster is extremely strong, and very cheap monetarily. You should consider running a couple dredge cards for value anyways, as hitting 2-3 extra draws off a dredge is an easy and once again cheap monetarily way to get ahead in card advantage.
To humor you though, here's what I'd probably run.
- The full suite of 1 drop mana dorks Arbor Elf Llanowar Elves Fyndhorn Elves Birds of Paradise etc. etc. and some big dorks like Priest of Titania
- Cards that let me put extra lands into play for more landfall triggers Sakura-Tribe Scout Skyshroud Ranger Azusa, Lost but Seeking Explore Exploration Burgeoning maybe even Walking Atlas
- Cards that let me turn lands into effects or otherwise graveyard the lands Sylvan Safekeeper Constant Mists Crop Rotation Elvish Reclaimer Edge of Autumn Lotus Field Forbidden Ritual Reprocess Harrow
- Cards that love lands entering battlefield or graveyard Terravore Titania, Protector of Argoth Avenger of Zendikar Rampaging Baloths Undergrowth Champion Lotus Cobra
- Symmetrical black land hate cards that I can break parity on with Gitrog draws and recursion Smallpox Pox Death Cloud Desolation
- Recursion effects for all these land sacs Life from the Loam Groundskeeper Crucible of Worlds Ramunap Excavator
- Cards that go with my board hate subtheme here Torment of Hailfire Oppression Necrogen Mists Bottomless Pit Bane of Progress Back to Nature Black Sun's Zenith Damnation Root Maze Caustic Caterpillar
- Finishers if you don't want to combo, like Beastmaster Ascension Genesis Wave Craterhoof Behemoth Overrun Overwhelming Stampede
And from there, round it out with some efficient early game beaters, some spot removal, land ramp, and a bit of card draw.
1 month ago
1 month ago
1 month ago
1 month ago
Hey there DubbaDub,
Im glad you like it and thx for the suggestions. Speaking of your cards:
Had Constant Mists in the deck before and it’s a beast for sure. But as soon as I added Lion's Eye Diamond it started to underperform since i basically discard my hand every turn, so it stays in my graveyard. So great Card but not with LED.
Necromancy is a card I play at instant speed during my turn. The reason is simply that I want to sacrifice that creature at the end of my turn. That allows me to get full use out of Protean Hulk , Mindslicer and Aura Thief without having a sac outlet on the field. For this flexibility I like it more than Animate Dead .
For Mimic Vat and Living Dead: tested the vat but since I don’t have that much etb creatures it relies too much on good creatures from opponents. And living dead is a card that is a bit too situational for me while rise is always a good card to play.
I hope this helps a bit to understand my choice.
1 month ago
Very nice deck! Was happy to find some new toys for my own Muldrotha deck, and some more input and discussion on the deck. A few notable misses that didn't get mentioned:
Constant Mists is one of the most criminally underrated green cards in commander, especially in a recursive deck like Muldrotha. While it feels kind of bad to mill it over, it is really worth the times when you can play it. Every single time I draw it, I feel extremely safe, and there's not much anyone will do about it.
While I saw Animate Dead in your notable exclusions, I'm honestly baffled as to why it's worse than Necromancy . You do know that you can only play cards from your graveyard during /your/ turn, right?
Speaking of ETB effects, Mimic Vat is a slam dunk in this deck.
Living Death is, from my experience, a better Rise of the Dark Realms . Not when you play it, of course, but wiping the Maelstrom Wanderer player's board and reanimating 10 creatures has proven to be very powerful, and also very cheap for 5 mana.
Constant Mists occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%