Yisan, the Wanderer Bard
Legendary Creature — Human Rogue
, , Put a verse counter on Yisan, the Wanderer Bard: Search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost equal to the number of verse counters on Yisan, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Yisan, the Wanderer Bard occurrence in decks from the last year
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Yisan, the Wanderer Bard Discussion
2 weeks ago
2 months ago
Just doing a quick look at the MTG Wiki:
The mechanic Overload arose out of a mechanic designed by Ken Nagle in the first round of the Great Designer Search 1.
Ethan Fleischer's Evolve Mechanic from the Great Designer Search 2 found its way into the game.
Shawn Main created a mechanic in the Great Designer Search 2 that would be renamed and placed in the game as Battalion )
Looting becoming part of Red's Color Identity has its birth in the Great Designer Search 2.
You Make the Creature contest resulted in the creation of Spiritmonger .
The Winners of the Magic Invitational were allowed to design a card that would feature their likeness. From that, we got:
- Olle Råde's Sylvan Safekeeper ;
- Darwin Kastle's Avalanche Riders ;
- Mike Long's Rootwater Thief ;
- Chris Pikula's Meddling Mage ;
- Jon Finkel's Shadowmage Infiltrator ;
- Kai Budde's Voidmage Prodigy ;
- Jens Thoren's Solemn Simulacrum ;
- Bob Maher's Dark Confidant ;
- Terry Soh's Rakdos Augermage ;
- Antoine Ruel's Ranger of Eos ; and
- Tiago Chan's Snapcaster Mage .
The 2005 Magic Invitational had a vote for a fan-submitted card. Tsuyoshi Fujita's winning entry would eventually become Gemstone Caverns .
Magic 2015 had a number of cards created by famous Magic fans. These cards are:
- George Fan's (Plants vs. Zombies) Genesis Hydra ;
- Penny Arcade's (of the Penny Arcade webcomic and creator of PAX) Avarice Amulet ;
- Markus Persson's (creator of Minecraft) Aggressive Mining ;
- Richard Garriot's (creator of Ultimata) Shield of the Avatar ;
- David Sirlin's (designer on Street Fighter II) Master of Predicaments ;
- Rob Pardo's (lead designer for WoW) Xathrid Slyblade ;
- Isaiah Cartwright's (lead designer for Guild Wars 2) Warden of the Beyond ;
- Justin Gary's (winner 2003's National Team Championship in Worlds) Spirit Bonds ;
- Stone Librande's (lead designer Diablo III) Goblin Kaboomist ;
- Brian Fargo's (Founder of Interplay Entertainment, which made the original Fallout games) Yisan, the Wanderer Bard ;
- Mike Neumann's (creative director for Borderlands) Chasm Skulker ;
- James Ernest's (creator of Cheapass Games) Hot Soup ;
- Edmund McMillen's (indie game designer) Cruel Sadist ; and
- Brad Muir's (game designer of Double Fine, which made Psychonauts) Ob Nixilis, Unshackled .
I think that should answer your question. There also have been a number of players who were hired directly as a result of their play in tournaments or performances in things like the Great Designer Search, so, in a sense, could be considered fans turned card creators. However, once they become part of the design team, they are no longer merely fan creators, so I am not sure they would be responsive to your question.
3 months ago
Hope you find something useful!
4 months ago
Abu_Jafar, thanks for the feedback and the upvote!
4 months ago
I am interested in how the printing of Opposition Agent affects the power level of Yisan, the Wanderer Bard it seems to me that with nearly every black deck now playing tutor hate it becomes more and more difficult for him.
Relentless5 in the A tier. She's amongst the most powerful commanders.