Yisan, the Wanderer Bard
Legendary Creature — Human Rogue
, , Put a verse counter on Yisan, the Wanderer Bard: Search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost equal to the number of verse counters on Yisan, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
|Want (2)||Bwearmp , sylain|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Yisan, the Wanderer Bard occurrence in decks from the last year
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Yisan, the Wanderer Bard Discussion
2 weeks ago
Hope you find something useful!
1 month ago
Abu_Jafar, thanks for the feedback and the upvote!
1 month ago
I am interested in how the printing of Opposition Agent affects the power level of Yisan, the Wanderer Bard it seems to me that with nearly every black deck now playing tutor hate it becomes more and more difficult for him.
Relentless5 in the A tier. She's amongst the most powerful commanders.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Thanks for your comment. I am very happy about such comments, as it is difficult to keep an eye on every possible combination with over a thousand commanders, especially with such a commander like Ishkanah, which you don't meet in your LGS every day. Thanks to your comment, I can see more of the potential of Ishkanah. I you want to tune up your deck, I have some recommendations for that:
I would exchange:
- Panharmonicon has only 3 targets + your commander... I think that's not efficien enough I would rather play this beast of a card: Ohran Frostfang because this card converts your spiders into carddrawing killer spiders.
- Far Wanderings for Cultivate because it's more reliable and effective
- Vessel of Nascency for Jarad's Orders because this card is just a perfect tutor for decks like this
- Blood for Bones for Victimize
- Is Witchbane Orb one of your meta picks, because a lot of your opponents play curses or burn? If not, I would rather play more carddraw because you have to less of it in your deck. Play Sylvan Library (or Phyrexian Arena) instead
- Drown in Filth with either another good removal like Abrupt Decay; Caustic Caterpillar; Plaguecrafter (Force of Despair, Darkblast, Snuff Out, Force of Vigor, Tragic Slip etc.)
- Cut 2 Forests and a Swamp for Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Khalni Ambush Flip & Hagra Mauling Flip
- Grapple with the Past for Fiend Artisan/Phyrexian Arena/Opposition Agent
- Entomb for any other tutor like Demonic, Vampiric, Grim Worldly Tutor etc. or Buried Alive
I would play as many cool utility lands with a sacrifice effect and as many fetch lands as possible because they're needed for Delirium and have also great potential with the MVP in every graveyard deck Life from the Loam:
- Evolving Wilds/Terramorphic Expanse/Ash Barrens/Jund Panorama
- Prismatic Vista/Verdant Catacombs; Windswept Heath/Wooded Foothills/Bloodstained Mire etc. (If they're out of budget, you just can play the cool and cheaper utility lands and you'll be fine) Other cool lands: Grim Backwoods!!; Geier Reach Sanitarium, Drownyard Temple Phyrexian Tower, Emergence Zone, Haunted Fengraf, Buried Ruin I would also add Deserted Temple because it can produce together with Cabal Coffers + Rings of Brighthearth infinite black mana.
Carddraw or Cardadvantage:
- Ohran Frostfang!!
- Driven / Despair!!
- Sylvan Library!!
- Night's Whisper
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Phyrexian Arena!!
- Journey to Eternity Flip
- Phyrexian Reclamation
- Fauna Shaman/Birthing Pod/Fiend Artisan/Survival of the Fittest/Yisan, the Wanderer Bard
Other good finishers/ combo pieces:
- Altar of the Brood / Blood Artist / Zulaport Cutthroat
- Craterhoof Behemoth or the budget version: End-Raze Forerunners / Overrun
- Triumph of the Hordes
Well, I'm sure that you already know what other options there are to tune up the deck. If you want to win consitenly I would add more ways to produce infinte mana like Nim Deathmantle + Priest of Gix + Ashnod's Altar or Magus of the Coffers + Staff of Domination OR another unigue and complicated way to filter infinite colorless mana with Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth is together with Mirage Mirror and a Swamp...
To make the whole thing more consistent you have play all green and black tutors, play fast mana like the Moxes, Mana Crypt/-Vault, Manadorks (Elvish Mystic/Elves of Deep Shadow/Llanowar Elves etc. and pack some premium removal in the deck to raise the power level. If you're interested we can brew a fringe competetive list together.
2 months ago
I do a lot of budget building, and there are so many possibilities. I recently did Pramikon, Sky Rampart walls/vehicles & Rosheen Meanderer Hydras. I've also done Noyan Dar, Roil Shaper, Tolsimir Wolfblood green/white multicolor, Yisan, the Wanderer Bard with elves & archers. Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain makes a fun artifact deck. Wheel & Deal with Arjun, the Shifting Flame. I've been thinking of trying a Rienne, Angel of Rebirth multicolors matters deck. Talrand, Sky Summoner spells only. Slinn Voda, the Rising Deep makes a fun merfolk/sea monsters/bounce build (even built this one as a pauper deck). Lathliss, Dragon Queen makes a fun mono-colored dragon deck. I don't play black, so I don't really have suggestions that direction, except to pull up a search for legendary creatures, sort by lowest price, and see if any of them strike your fancy. Or look at a color pair on edhrec, search through for interesting commander options, and start building.
3 months ago
Hey zuharran thanks for the suggestions! I'll go over what I think of them:
Mana Dorks: I actually like them, you can draw off of them with cards like Regal Force, Soul of the Harvest and Beast Whisperer. Plus, they add to Ashaya's power! I will put in Arcane Signet though, it's to good to pass up.
Board Wipes: I'll definitely put in Boompile. Thanks!
I'll add in The Great Henge and Guardian Project, but personally, I this deck already has a lot of draw power. From Horn of Greed being a discount Beast Whisperer to Regal Force drawing you an obscene amount of cards, this deck can draw cards. But I think you're right, I'll put in some more non-creature based draw power.
Unfortunately, while the deck isn't super budget, those cards have spiked a lot recently, and I'm on a student's budget (very little), so those cards are out my price range. I just have to settle for cards like Shared Summons and Yisan, the Wanderer Bard.
Again, thank you so much for the suggestions. If I could upvote your deck twice, I would. Happy Tapping!