|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||Rare|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Rare|
|Ravnica: City of Guilds (RAV)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for up to three Aura cards with different names, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||rebelteddybear , mcstang1986 , aeonstoremyliver , Pelli , Mortiferus_Rosa , bradyofportdetroit , Dr.Jackel , plof , theilluminaire , frederiklw , Supremespeed , PhotogenicParasympathetic , golgarigirl , Sparky41|
Three Dreams Discussion
1 month ago
Not bad! May want to change to EDH type and you have to add your landbase. I'd suggest 36 lands, so you'll need to cut a few others.
3 or less CMC value cards to consider ( not auto-includes, just value to consider )
Blessing of Leeches lose 1 life on your upkeep, unlimited regenerate creature. Too powerful not to include.
Asha's Favor Vigilance, First Strike
Aspect of Gorgon +1/+3 and Deathtouch
Cartouche of Ambition Lifelink and a -1/-1 counter on a creature of your choice.
Awesome Presence Offensive version of Propaganda.
Cho-Manno's Blessing Protection from colour of choice. Good for preventing damage and becoming unblockable.
Chromatic Armor Protection from colours of choice on the fly for mana.
Cloak of Mists Unblockable
Crab Umbra Pay 3 mana to untap Zur and it has totem armor.
Curiosity Draw cards when Zur deals any damage.
Daily Regimen 2 mana to put a permanent +1/+1 counter on creature as many times as you want.
Daybreak Coronet Bit more expensive, but 2 mana, +3/+3 first strike, vigilance and lifelink.
False Demise Cheat death once.
Glistening Oil infect for 2 mana.
Infinite Authority punishes opponents and rewards you with +1/+1 counters if they attack or block you.
Kithkin Armor 1 mana unblockable by power 3 or greater and sac the aura for prevention of damage to zur from one source
Pemmin's Aura On demand 1 mana shroud for turn and 1 mana to untap zur
Pretender's Claim tap down all lands defending player controlls
Sadistic Glee +1/+1 counter every time any creature dies.
Shade's Form Pay 1 black as many times as you want to give creature +1/+1 until end of turn and when creature dies, return it to the battlefield under your control.
Skeletal Grimace +1/+1 and pay 1 black to regenerate this creature.
Sleeper's Robe Fear and draw a card when you deal combat damage
Strange Augmentation +1/+1 base, potentially +3/+3 for one mana if you have a few different types of cards in your graveyard.
Sultai Runemark +2/+2 deathtouch
Traveler's Cloak Draw a card and Zur gets landwalk for a land type of your choice.
Triclopean Sight Untaps Zur, gives him +1/+1 and vigilance.
Unholy Strength 1 mana +2/+1
auto-includes:Pariah Save's your ass. Pair with indestructability to ignore damage.
Auramancer's Guise +2/+2 for each enchantment. Very overpowered.
Entangler Zur can block all the creatures.
Righteous Authority Esper has +1/+1 buff problems. This will buff Zur significantly and give you additional card draw. With blue and black in your arsenal, card draw shouldn't be a problem.
Sage's Reverie Big +1/+1 buff and big card draw. Play late to mid game to turn Zur from a wimp into one shot killer.
1 month ago
Uril is awesome and I think you've done a good job on this deck. I have some ideas to make it even better. I am not sure whether you are on a budget; judging from some of the cards you have already chosen I rather doubt it. Anyway, these are some of the cards I think could prove useful:
- Contested Cliffs; use this to take out any annoying creature you want, without having to tap Uril.
- Kessig Wolf Run; to temporarily give Uril +X/+0 and trample, very handy.
- Rogue's Passage; make Uril unblockable. Useful in case your opponents are waiting for him with deathtouch-creatures.
- Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion; to temporarily give Uril double-strike, in case he does not have it already.
- Slayers' Stronghold; boost Uril with vigilance, haste and +2/+0 for ? Fantastic!
- Grand Abolisher; wonderful creature to counteract counter-magic.
- Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist; as long as she can attack, shes an extremely useful creature in a voltron setup.
- Sigarda, Host of Herons; second Tajuru Preserver and a powerful creature too.
- Xenagos, God of Revels; combined with an enchanted Uril, powerful enough to end games.
- Boros Charm; especially the last two abilities of this spell will prove useful in your deck.
- Path to Exile; because a deck without counter spells AND point-removal is bound for trouble.
- Swords to Plowshares; see 2.
- Temur Battle Rage; nice, cheap way to suddenly boost Uril significantly.
- Chandra's Ignition; this can win you the game in lots of cases.
- Open the Armory; great aura-tutor.
- Three Dreams; another great aura tutor.
- Winds of Rath; this card seems made for a deck like this.
- Blessing of the Nephilim; rather cheap way to give Uril +5/+5.
- Daybreak Coronet; not a cheap card to buy, but in this deck its so powerful it's almost insane.
- Dust Corona; cheap to cast, with a nice bonus and a blockers restriction attached.
- Madcap Skills; a bit like Dust Corona, cheap, good bonus and a blockers restriction.
- Sphere of Safety; with so many enchantments on your side, attacking you becomes rather costly.
- Spirit Mantle; cheap way to make Uril unblockable.
Some cards I would remove from your deck to make a little room:
- Angelic Skirmisher; expensive to cast, not worth it considering you are running very few creatures. Uril has cheaper ways available to him to get these bonuses.
- Blazing Archon; extremely expensive to cast, there are much cheaper ways to prevent attacks (see suggested cards).
- Akroma's Memorial; expensive to cast; would be more useful in a deck that contained many (token) creatures.
- Razia's Purification; I would replace this with Winds of Rath.
Hopefully you feel some of this is useful. I wish you lots of fun with this deck; let us know how it plays! Also, I would appreciate some feedback on one of my decks, if you have the time. Thanks!
2 months ago
I'm not sure you really need hexproof creatures other than Sigarda. She's nearly impossible to remove once you give her Indestructible, and the point of this sort of deck is to stack up one creature to scary proportions; and since this is commander you'll always have her. I'd suggest more creatures with good blocking capability like Sentinel of the Eternal Watch, Silent Arbiter, or Nyx-Fleece Ram, or utility creatures like Auramancer and Heliod's Pilgrim. I'd also recommend Sigarda's Aid so you can flash out auras as needed.
A few good enchantments you're missing out on: Battle Mastery, Ghostblade Eidolon, Abzan Runemark, and Shield of the Oversoul are all very powerful buffs. Flickerform makes Sigarda almost invincible (it takes coordinated opponents to take her down). Some tutors would be useful Open the Armory and Three Dreams are fantastic.
Don't overlook equipment in this sort of deck, you have a lot of enchantment synergy, but there's some fantastic equipment out there Darksteel Plate, Hero's Blade, and Sword of Vengeance to name a few.
My List is here if you want to see more.https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sigarda-angel-with-a-shotgun/
2 months ago
I would've never guessed that this is where a siren deck would go. I had always considered Alluring Siren the centerpiece, but this is really cool. Another siren with heroic is Chorus of the Tides. This could give you some useful filtering. Considerig you have 16 auras, Three Dreams might be pretty useful for you.
3 months ago
Thanks for your help and suggestions. Greater Auramancy ultimately does not fit in this deck, as it also gives Karona shroud. As such, I cannot play it prior to Karona (as I cannot then place a vow on her). Even after she is on the field, giving her shroud is counterproductive, as it makes adding additional auras difficult.
Regarding artifacts, a prior version of this deck was more artifact heavy, and used cards such as Chromatic Lantern. Overall, I was disappointed with how that version of the deck handled. There was not a significant improvement to the mana ramp, and these artifacts did not interact with the numerous enchantment synergies in this deck. Overall, I found the slight improvement did not justify the slight reduction in card draw.
Assault Suit is another card I played around with in the past, and cut because it was a tad slow--there were better uses of 4 mana in the ramp stage, and seven mana, even if that mana is split between two turns, can generally be put to better use after she is cast. I'll sub it in if my meta becomes more sacrifice heavy.
Copy Enchantment is a great card for this deck, and I love the flexibility it provides. I've cut Three Dreams--which was quite helpful when I could cast it, but I never seemed to have the free mana--for it.
3 months ago
Another superb deck sir, with the ever-so-mighty choice of art! +1
Did you consider some tutoring? It all depend on your philosophy and playgroup, but Idyllic Tutor and Three Dreams could both get you a win con or any situational enchantment. By wincon, I'm thinking the likes of Eldrazi Conscription. (ouch)
Costly suggestion, yes, but your deck is quite well tuned as it is in my humble opinion, so those are the powerups I could think off hehe.
Have a great one!
3 months ago
Honnestly, your deck seem quite good to me as it is.
However, if you are playing Solemnity, maybe you could make more use of it with card like Phyrexian Unlife and Dark Depths----those are quite powerful combos. A Zur the Enchanter can help you bring them out or maybe Three Dreams.
4 months ago
I'd run daxos as the commander, better synergy
also, use Three Dreams