|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||Uncommon|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Uncommon|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and has protection from creatures.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (15)||, ibraJG84 , Psycheretic , fireborne1986 , Xue-Kaihua , ajc3527 , pskinn01 , Kimimaro , plof , TehDelta , Unjust_DiabIo , frederiklw , DudeMan1031 , Vergil_Redgrail , rakdos24|
Spirit Mantle Discussion
7 hours ago
1 week ago
Dictate of Karametra is good, but you'll be helping out those pesky combo players as well. Zendikar Resurgent seems a little slow, and you won't be drawing many cards off of it. I could be very wrong as I've not played this deck ever though.
1 week ago
8bitmadness: Mystic Decree has too high of a mana cost :(
FlabbyGabby: Spirit Mantle seems fun enough, but several of my cards revolve around opponents choosing which creature to block Zur with! This is why I have cards like Hyena Umbra, Blessing of Leeches, and Charisma!
WithengarUnbound: I totally thought about those because I considered them strongly for my dragon deck. Here's my take on them, particularly for this deck: Notice how Semblance Anvil only comes into effect when the thing I'm casting is a spell! When Zur attacks, I throw the enchantment directly onto the field, completely bypassing the spell casting step. This is why, even with cards like Diplomatic Immunity affecting Zur, I can still put enchantments onto him via his ability.
Furthermore, for a card like Cloud Key to be effective in my deck, I would want it to reduce the cost of enchantments across the board, affecting the cards in my deck before they even see play. This is unfortunately not the case because of the keywords "Spells you play" T.T
1 week ago
3 weeks ago
I would recommend 4 Battlewise Hoplite 4 Favored Hoplite 4 Hero of Iroas 4 Eidolon of Countless Battlesand perhaps some Phalanx Leader or Vanguard of Brimaz as for enchantments, Ethereal Armor and Spirit Mantle are must haves. Daybreak Coronet may cost a bit more but it'll be worth a shot. Lastly, trim down the 1 ofs, focus on a few specific good cards and have more of them. Oh and non-aura enchantments are sort of unnessecary. Good start though! :)
3 weeks ago
I've actually never built a reanimator/toolbox style deck, so I'm not sure my inputs are going to be much help! Nevertheless, I'll take a shot ...
I always try to think about what the Commander would want, and give comments accordingly ...
- Seems like Alesha really wants to be able to attack without fear. You've already got Palisade Giant (which is great for that), but cards like Reconnaissance, Maze of Ith (unfortunately kind of pricey), and Fanatical Devotion might be worth the slots too. By the way, you can use Reconnaissance at the End of Combat step even if Alesha (or whoever) connected for combat damage, untapping her for a Vigilance effect. Another approach would be Unblockable effects, It may not be as good, since Alesha isn't much of a Voltron Commander, but cards like Rogue's Passage, Trailblazer's Boots, Whispersilk Cloak, and Spirit Mantle might be worth the slots.
- I think she would also really enjoy punishing decks with high-power Creatures, and would appreciate cards like Dusk / Dawn and Big Game Hunter.
- Figuring out what to pull out is always SUPER-difficult, so when it comes to a choice, I'll always go with what I think the Commander would prefer. Sunforger for example, is generally a GREAT card. But I imagine Alesha looking at it, and going "It doesn't get Creatures into my Graveyard or help me pull them out ... why do I want this?" Along those lines, I would not pull any Creatures for the Sorceries/Enchantments/Artifacts I mentioned above. And when deciding between Creatures, I think she would definitely lean towards those with Sac' or ETB effects. I'm not sure what she'd think about Combat Celebrant by the way. She'd be irritated the power is too high for her to reanimate, but she'd love the extra attack step ... you know Alesha better WAY than me, so you may already know how she'd feel about it :-)
A few other resources:
- Are you familiar with EDHREC? If so, sorry for the spam. If not, it's a great way to see what other people have been doing with your Commander. You mentioned Draw, for example, so I scrolled through the Alesha page looking for cards that could help. I spotted Faithless Looting, Skullclamp, and Tormenting Voice; there may be more.
- There are a couple old-but-still-good articles on Alesha that I'd recommend, if you haven't already looked at them: One by Tomer Abramovici and another by Abe Sargent.
Good luck (and good skill!) with the brew!
4 weeks ago
Debt to the Deathless is yet another huge bomb, the biggest problem with your deck that I see, is a high curve, and not vary much ramp.
Atraxa, Praetors' Voice is a good way to get more counters, Sovereigns of Lost Alara can be quite useful if you add a couple more auras, for example: Spirit Mantle, Indestructibility, Spectra Ward, Unquestioned Authority, and Holy Mantle are all great aura's that you should add, maybe even add the new Bloodforged Battle-Axe