Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and has protection from creatures.
|Have (2)||, GeminiSpartanX|
|Want (3)||insecticon3000 , tloor27 , Phobophile|
Printings View all
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||Uncommon|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Uncommon|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Spirit Mantle occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.04%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
Spirit Mantle Discussion
4 days ago
Marisi is a very cool general! These cards might appeal to you: Fiendish Duo, Spirit Mantle, Beloved Chaplain, Custodi Soulcaller, Adriana, Captain of the Guard, Herald of the Host, Nacatl War-Pride, Dingus Staff, True Conviction, Storm the Citadel, Keeper of Fables, Curse of Opulence, Tempt with Vengeance, One with Nature
4 days ago
White has a handful of unblockable effects - nothing so direct as the Unblockable ability itself, but it has at least three Protection from Creatures auras - Unquestioned Authority and Spirit Mantle are the ones I know off the top of my head, plus Spectra Ward.
2 weeks ago
Appears you'd want to win with either life drain and/or swinging with Teysa. keeping that in mind I would suggest adding some card draw. Black has some decent cheap card draw such as Sign in Blood, Night's Whisper, or Read the Bones. The life drain in your deck should offset any life you pay for the draw. Speaking of life drain, Souls of the Faultless should deter your opponent from attacking and stall until you get Teysa on the field. It also works nicely with Deathbringer Liege and reveilark.
If you don't feel like waiting for Teysa, I would suggest Holy Mantle, Spirit Mantle, or Spare from Evil to give Teysa like protection to other creatures. After you land Teysa, you can clone her with Helm of the Host for even more ways to abuse Teysa (or any other creature in your deck). Hope this helps.
3 weeks ago
Serra Ascendant boost your 1 mana curve, has lifelink and gets big with flying by mid game with a lifegain deck. A nice defensive wall is Gift of Immortality + Kami of False Hope. dont declare blockers, sacrifice Kami, all combat damage is negated, kami comes back, then opponent ends turn and gift of immortality goes back on kami. rinse and repeat
2 months ago
- there are several ways to go about this. I prefer the dont touch me method Merica' Enchant. By using cards that tax my enemy(s) to attack me I can successfully stall into the late game and never worry about my life total. Once i get there i use value town to win the game.
- Your method is much more of the "bogles" method. Utilize creatures like Gladecover Scout and Slippery Bogle to a good creature to pump up. It has hexproof so removing them are hard. These cares a like 1$ a copy roughly. Kor Spiritdancer is really good as well but more spendy. As for budget enchantments I would use 4x Ethereal Armor 2x Gryff's Boon 3-4x Hyena Umbra 4x Spider Umbra 2x Spirit Mantle. If you want to spend more money get Rancor and keep the Daybreak Coronet. If you go thsi rout i recommend 26 enchantments roughtly and about 13 creatures. Dryad Arbor is an interesting creature to look at (dont run more than 1 or 2 being its also easy to kill, and its a land). Path to exil is the best removal in the game in your colors. Id run 2 to help deal with probelmatic cards your friends might be playing. Leyline of Sanctity can also help you out if they have target player spells.
- Either way you go lands help so much. Espically when they tap for 2 colors and dont enter tapped. It helps smooth things so much. Temple Garden are a good investment and so is Razorverge Thicket. If you really want to get fancy Horizon Canopy are also really sweet. If you end up with the boggles rout youll need about 19 lands total. If you for bigger and better spells, Then its not as clean cut id have to look at your spell curve, I am gonna guess itd be 22-24 lands.
- If you want more feed back let me know. If you need help with other decks let me know as well.
- Also being you are considering Spirit mantel. Its gives it hex proof from creatures, and cannot be blocked from creatures as well. It also prevents all damage from creatures so it really helps.
2 months ago
Nice build with some oft-overlooked cards in there! +1
You can check out my deck Intense Aura Beatdown for some suggestions if you're looking. Stand-outs include Spirit Mantle, Flickering Ward, Hyena Umbra, Umbra Mystic, and many many more that combo in my build.
It's mono-color (White), but imo if you're looking for cheap aura/enchantment cards, it doesn't get much more powerful than White anyway. Let me know if any of this helps!
2 months ago
I'm honestly not sure where this thing is going. I hope you play in a small playgroup though... strangers see Narset and you're automatically public enemy number one.
I have a few suggestions that're good in pretty much every Narset list.
I'd also consider more mana rocks/ramp and a few ways to give haste. Pentad Prism, Lotus Petal, Fellwar Stone, Ancient Tomb, Crystal Vein, Generator Servant, and Need for Speed. Dragon Breath is also nice as it comes back from the grave automatically whenever you recast Narset.
Feel free to check out my list for ideas. It's a very tuned extra turns/combats list but it still might give you a few cards to use. Upvotes on any of my decks are appreciated. Narset, American Beauty
3 months ago
Thanks! I think I actually prefer Flickering Ward with Pariah over Spirit Mantle since it can protect the creature from target destroy as well as absorb any non-creature damage I may take (such as from a Red Burn deck). They're each decent though & that's why I'm running both of them. Either way, Protection is ultra-powerful & the crux of this deck.