|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Dinosaur
Other Dinosaurs you control have haste.
When Regisaur Alpha enters the battlefield, create a 3/3 green Dinosaur creature token with trample.
Regisaur Alpha Discussion
2 weeks ago
I think that Regisaur Alpha would be a great addition. It would probably work better in yours than in my deck.
2 months ago
First thing that stands out is that your mana-curve isn't low enough to the ground. Modern is an extremely fast format and the majority of your threats are in the 4+ range for converted mana cost. Bringing in white will open up some early threats while also giving you some low cost removal.
- Relentless Raptor - 2 cost for three power, sure it has to attack each combat but it also has vigilance which allows it to still be on defense while doing so.
- Sky Terror - Flying 2/2 for 2 and menace to boot making it an effective attacker that will evade a large amount of creatures.
- More Frilled Deathspitter ! - This guy is just fun, sure he's only a 3/2 for 3, but if he doesn't get through he at least shocks the opponent to the face.
- Kinjalli's Sunwing - If you've got this in the mainboard of sideboard it's good either way, it definitely shines more against aggressive matches due to the tap ability, but having flying makes this thing a decent attacker.
- More Rampaging Ferocidon - This is going to hurt opponents that want to swarm the board, but definitely something you sub out against control unless they are running life-gain to get out of your reach.
- Wayward Swordtooth - Sure he can't attack until you get the city's blessing, but if you have 2-3 of these in your deck and are happy with just being able to drop the double land he'll serve you well.
- Runic Armasaur - Love this guy. He's got a fat butt on him to stop from being bolted off the field and with the number of activated abilities in modern you'll have a full grip nearly all the time. Keep in mind that fetch lands will trigger this dude.
- Regisaur Alpha - Having 2 of these on your higher curve is a nice boon. He brings 7 power and toughness as well as haste.
- Carnage Tyrant - Control players, eat your heart out. Can't be countered, trample, hexproof. 2-3 of these on your top end will be your beaters.
- Ghalta, Primal Hunger - 1-2 of this guy is all you need. He'll eat removal in some form most of the time, but if an opponent allows a 12/12 trampler to go unanswered, he'll hit HARD.
Some nice buffs:
- Blossoming Defense - Protection in the form of hexproof as well as a +2/+2 buff at instant speed.
- Groundswell - More often then not this is just a straight +4/+4 at instant speed.
- Vines of Vastwood - This is what happens when you combine the above two cards into one.
- Lightning Bolt - Kills a lot in the format, there is a reason the saying "dies to bolt" exists.
- Path to Exile - Big threat? No problem.
- Dromoka's Command - Putting this here as it will often help you remove something. Good all round card.
4 months ago
4 months ago
I feel like you need more cards that can protect Vannifer. Siren Stormtamer and Frilled Mystic would give you additional counterspells in creature form that can still take advantage of Vannifer's birthing pod mechanic. Tatyova, Benthic Druid would be a better choice over Regisaur Alpha , it gives you a life gain and a card draw when you drop a land on the field.
5 months ago
Like TheBooman, on my playtests Biogenic Ooze is better than Regisaur Alpha because I can create more oozes and make them grow, in such a way that the Biogenic Ooze is protected against the "wear" of the game, unlike Regisaur Alpha , which at the beginning is very aggressive but then loses faculties. Also, if I need to play more aggressive I can always turn to other creatures like Doom Whisperer , Gruul Spellbreaker , etc...
Appart of this, the problem I have with Drover of the Mighty is that is that I still have not decided what to cut. I would be very grateful if all of you could send me some suggestions on possible solutions to this problem. (Although I'm starting to think about not adding it, since I do not think it's that decisive.)
Thanks to everyone,
5 months ago
Thanks for your suggestions! As you mentioned above Llanowar Elves can be unwise, but Drover of the Mighty and Regisaur Alpha seems like good options. I like Biogenic Ooze because if I can lengthen the game it becomes very poderous. Also, the problem that I have with Drover of the Mighty is that I do not know what I can cut to add it.
I will do some playtests to finish deciding what to do.
5 months ago
Sweet deck. Have you considered Regisaur Alpha over Biogenic Ooze . While the latter is clearly better for the late game you already have a decent amount of grind slots and if you're going beat downs the ooze is basically a glorified Crested Herdcaller . GRA standard was a grind fest however RNA looks like it's going to enable some more gold-fishy strategies thanks to Wilderness Reclamation and the half-dozen probably modern playable burn options. Being fast or reactive seems better than card advantage (or at least moreso than in the past).
Speaking of which you could probably benefit from finding a way to work Llanowar Elves into this. Obviously in the current configuration that would be unwise (looking at you Bedevil ) but assuming you tweaked the mana and cut down on the and costs it could enable some real explosiveness.
Nitpicking aside, it's a strong concept and well executed. You clearly know your stuff.
6 months ago
Regisaur Alpha occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
All decks: 0.1%