Creature — Dinosaur
Other Dinosaurs you control have haste.
When Regisaur Alpha enters the battlefield, create a 3/3 green Dinosaur creature token with trample.
|Have (2)||metalmagic , kpral|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Regisaur Alpha occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
All decks: 0.1%
Regisaur Alpha Discussion
2 weeks ago
Oh that was you with the suggestion?! The card popped up for me and I thought it was some random Tappedout thing.
I love Forerunner of the Empire! I just have shifted away from him for the moment but I could see myself going back to it. I especially like it with a follow up swing from Etali, Primal Storm for a neat combo.
I don’t think you’re missing anything. It certainly is and has been a great way to trigger Enrage for me. Regisaur Alpha has been so great for getting two triggers. It works so well with Forerunner and if you wanted to give Haste to Regisaur, tapping Otepec Huntmaster before he dies from the second ping is an option as well.
I definitely would not use Forerunner in a list that also had Mana Dorks. Of course you could always tap them in response before the damage is dealt but I’d want my dorks to stick around as much as they can I think.
Twinflame is one of my favourite new additions that I'm strongly considering. It would naturally work well with Forerunner to get more pings. Getting a Regisaur copy and Dino Token for then the two pings would awesome.
I think one of the main reasons I have shied away from Forerunner was due to the introduction of Marauding Raptor. Bringing Ranging Raptors down to 1, I often like to leave it up for blocking and would forgo the ping that turn. Really hurting his usefulness. Then any Dino Token would also die with those combined pings.
Overall I feel I’d be passing up on pinging everything too often that it’d start to feel like not such a good choice. I think I’ll start seeing what it’s like and work him in again though.
Thanks for the reminder!
3 months ago
I think another Ripjaw Raptor would be good in this deck, especially with your Marauding Raptor . I would replace the Otepec Huntmaster s with Thunderherd Migration s, or maybe cut the Attune with Aether s? I think 3 copies of Once Upon a Time are really good in this kind of deck. Rampaging Ferocidon is seriously underrated and a very solid card. I think 2 copies of Regisaur Alpha would be strong. Other than that, I love your deck!!!
7 months ago
Draconos89: I appreciate the shout-out, but I must admit I don't play Arena or MTGO, so my knowledge base isn't well suited to decks in those metas. Off the top, I definitely understand a lot of the reasoning that Lambofan217 has in his above breakdown, and would recommend going more in that direction for your deck as well.
In general, lifegain strategies are really only beneficial against aggro decks, so cards like Verdant Sun's Avatar and Imperial Ceratops fare much better in your sideboard against faster/more aggressive decks.
Rather than Kinjalli's Caller for ramp, why not Drover of the Mighty and/or Otepec Huntmaster ? If you draw into Drover after you have Marauding Raptor on the field, it is a 3/3 and thus will survive the Raptor's attack. While Huntmaster won't survive post-Marauding Raptor, it acts like another Raptor in the deck by also being a 2cmc creature that reduces the cost of your Dinos, but also has the upside of haste-ing whichever dinos enter the board after it. This helps keep pressure up on your opponent until you can drop Regisaur Alpha for the blanket haste as well. I think these non-Dino ramp creatures will be more effective in your deck than Kinjalli's Caller.
I don't really understand why you have Wilderness Reclamation in this deck, since you don't utilize any instant-speed effects besides Icon of Ancestry that benefit you keeping the mana open. I think if you keep this, you should consider adding some more mana-sinks you can activate at instant speed, like Thundering Spineback to use your mana to start building up a herd of 4/4 trample dino tokens.
I honestly think the deck is better served without Wilderness Reclamation, and replacing it with more dig/search effects to take some pressure off of Vivien. Commune with Dinosaurs seems like it would be really good in Dino tribal, since if you somehow whiff and find no dinosaurs in the top 5, you can at least grab a land instead and filter out 5 cards to get you closer to more dinos. Plus, if you include Thunderherd Migration , you can T1 Commune to dig and find a dino, then T2 Thunderherd Migration revealing the same dino you found with Commune and continue ramping to get your big dinos out faster.
Savage Stomp seems like an auto-include in any dinos deck, but especially one utilizing the Enrage mechanic. It only costs G when you target a dino, and since Fighting has the opponent's creature deal damage back it is a guaranteed Enrage trigger on top of targeted removal. That seems incredibly useful. I would probably also include one or two copies of Dinosaur Stampede as a win-con, since it is a combat trick and grants all your dinos Trample to push through that last bit of lethal damage.
Again, take all of this with a grain of salt, since I don't know very much about the MTGA meta, or what type of "typical dinosaur decks" you are trying to be different from. Either way, Dinos are pretty freaking badass though, and it seems like you have strong bones in this deck to improve upon!
7 months ago
I have been playing Dinosaur Tribal ever since Ixalan came out and have a few things to suggest. The main problem still is that the white dinosaurs kind of suck in today's standard. I had splashed into Jund dinos way back in Guilds of Ravnica and find it much more consistent and competitive against the top tier decks of the meta. With the support that those colors got in M20, its safe to say that that is still going to be your best option. Now for individual reasons about cards.
Kinjalli's Caller : Though the mana reduction and the high health body is very attractive, the main focus for dinosaur decks is to push damage through. With this having 0 power, it does literally nothing on its own.
Imperial Ceratops : Even with Maruading Raptor being able to hit this as it comes down, lifegain generally isn't revelant in a ramp style deck. Granted, it does well against aggro, so I would use this in your sideboard if you keep with the white color.
I'm gonna put Verdant Sun's Avatar and Silverclad Ferocidons together here. These bad boys cost 7 mana. That alone is a huge thing to make happen. 4/5 times you will find these stuck in your hand and unable to be played.
Blood Sun : I understand that this meant to combo with Lotus Field however having a 3 mana enchantment that doesn't affect your board at all is really bad. I was recommend playing Ripjaw Raptor instead. With Marauding Raptor , it's essentially 3 mana and it gives you a creature that can continue to draw more.
Wilderness Reclamation : I see that you want to run Vivien, Champion of the Wilds in your deck and that's completely fine, however, you will probably find that you will rarely end up playing anything at instant speed, making the extra mana unusable. Also, if you draw this late, it ends up being a dead draw.
Raptor Hatchling : I love this card don't get me wrong. However, I think this is better save as a sideboard option against aggro, especially mono red.
Now a couple of cards that I would recommend would be Regisaur Alpha , Ripjaw Raptor , Savage Stomp , and Domri, Anarch of Bolas as they speed up your deck and add more power to the board, as well as giving you some removal options and enrage triggers. If you want cards to use against control, Carnage Tyrant still typically gets the job done.
8 months ago
I think that Regisaur Alpha would be a great addition. It would probably work better in yours than in my deck.
10 months ago
First thing that stands out is that your mana-curve isn't low enough to the ground. Modern is an extremely fast format and the majority of your threats are in the 4+ range for converted mana cost. Bringing in white will open up some early threats while also giving you some low cost removal.
- Relentless Raptor - 2 cost for three power, sure it has to attack each combat but it also has vigilance which allows it to still be on defense while doing so.
- Sky Terror - Flying 2/2 for 2 and menace to boot making it an effective attacker that will evade a large amount of creatures.
- More Frilled Deathspitter ! - This guy is just fun, sure he's only a 3/2 for 3, but if he doesn't get through he at least shocks the opponent to the face.
- Kinjalli's Sunwing - If you've got this in the mainboard of sideboard it's good either way, it definitely shines more against aggressive matches due to the tap ability, but having flying makes this thing a decent attacker.
- More Rampaging Ferocidon - This is going to hurt opponents that want to swarm the board, but definitely something you sub out against control unless they are running life-gain to get out of your reach.
- Wayward Swordtooth - Sure he can't attack until you get the city's blessing, but if you have 2-3 of these in your deck and are happy with just being able to drop the double land he'll serve you well.
- Runic Armasaur - Love this guy. He's got a fat butt on him to stop from being bolted off the field and with the number of activated abilities in modern you'll have a full grip nearly all the time. Keep in mind that fetch lands will trigger this dude.
- Regisaur Alpha - Having 2 of these on your higher curve is a nice boon. He brings 7 power and toughness as well as haste.
- Carnage Tyrant - Control players, eat your heart out. Can't be countered, trample, hexproof. 2-3 of these on your top end will be your beaters.
- Ghalta, Primal Hunger - 1-2 of this guy is all you need. He'll eat removal in some form most of the time, but if an opponent allows a 12/12 trampler to go unanswered, he'll hit HARD.
Some nice buffs:
- Blossoming Defense - Protection in the form of hexproof as well as a +2/+2 buff at instant speed.
- Groundswell - More often then not this is just a straight +4/+4 at instant speed.
- Vines of Vastwood - This is what happens when you combine the above two cards into one.
- Lightning Bolt - Kills a lot in the format, there is a reason the saying "dies to bolt" exists.
- Path to Exile - Big threat? No problem.
- Dromoka's Command - Putting this here as it will often help you remove something. Good all round card.
1 year ago
1 year ago
I feel like you need more cards that can protect Vannifer. Siren Stormtamer and Frilled Mystic would give you additional counterspells in creature form that can still take advantage of Vannifer's birthing pod mechanic. Tatyova, Benthic Druid would be a better choice over Regisaur Alpha , it gives you a life gain and a card draw when you drop a land on the field.