|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Rare|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Rare|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Rare|
|Starter 1999 (S99)||Rare|
|Portal Three Kingdoms (PTK)||Rare|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Rare|
|Portal Second Age (P02)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Untap all creatures that attacked this turn. After this main phase, there is an additional combat phase followed by an additional main phase.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (15)||Ashy , switchkill65 , cryptoplasm , richardmv , NobleSlay3r , Va1mar , SketchyScribbler , saj0219 , Swamy , vashaclarens , miracle , rakdos24 , Mortiferus_Rosa , Lucretian , Mousemke|
Relentless Assault Discussion
1 day ago
2 days ago
Etali, Primal Storm works great in decks like this. I highly recommend it. I would also recommend cards for more combat steps, so Hellkite Charger works great. Another card that allows for more combat damage is Relentless Assault. Hope this helps in some way!
1 week ago
1) Depends on your fast mana situation. My decks tend to run about 50-55~ mana sources, both lands, rocks, and rituals. My Sisay deck, for example, has 31 land but 24 additional mana sources on top of it (I kind of need it for Paradox Engine). 35 + 20 or so should be fine, really, since your Commander will be 6 mana.
2) Talisman of Progress should be in, and Mind Stone isn't bad either as it can be an extra card when you're 'comboing off'. Coalition Relic also seems pretty reasonable since it can +2 mana in one turn even if it is 3 mana. Grim Monolith, too. Narset needs more mana rocks that the typical deck now since you can't sculpt your hand with Vancouver mulligans and it needs to race to 6 mana ASAP in order to keep up.
3) I would personally run all of them except savor the moment, lol. Even Temporal Trespass.
4) Teferi's Oath is probably the best of the bunch, and if you get it for free then it's not bad. The new Teferi is probably much better than gideon of the Trials. Or Gideon Jura, for that matter. Just straight up drawing a card is good.
5) I dunno, probably 10-15. They shouldn't take up 20% of the deck because
6) No, it doesn't. Rest in Peace is a replacement effect, Tamiyo's emblem is a triggered ability. The card doesn't even go to the graveyard to trigger the ability of her emblem.
7) Spot removal should absolutely be in. Swords to Plowshares stops pesky creatures, and anything reasonably cost that gets rid of enchantments would be good too (otherwise how will you beat Food Chain). As for Wraths, just a few basic ones. Very few tier 1 decks actually rely on a mass of creatures, so in mine I just run like Toxic Deluge or something, but a simple Wrath of God or two wouldn't be bad.
Inexorable Tide probably won't be able to contribute enough to warrant its slot over, say, another extra turn spell. Even if you can put loads of counters on your Planeswalkers during a Paradox Engine chain, you can still only use them once per your turn (unless you have a Teferi emblem/Oath). Same goes for Djeru. For example, what does Inexorable Tide bring to the table that Omniscience or Enter the Infinite does not?
Anyway, a list of extra turn spells I would run in addition to what you have:
Extra combat steps are also extremely good with Narset. Some being:
Consider Omniscience and Enter the Infinite, because then you can, say, cast EtI off of Narset's trigger, put Omniscience on the top deck, cast literally any extra combat step card (Fury of the Horde works with 0 mana open), swing Narset again, cast Omniscience, and then cast every single card in your hand for 0 mana cost. With this, Bacon of Tomorrows becomes your top deck card every single turn, resulting in infinite turns in which you can tick up your Planeswalkers and swing with Narset for the victory. With Bacon, all things are possible, after all.
Anyway, long post. Hope it helps, lol.
3 weeks ago
Also, I run Strionic Resonator in Etali, it's actually super gross with her trigger.
3 weeks ago
Thanks for your suggestions and the upvote!
Congregation at Dawn is great for this, I originally just glanced at the card and moved on during the construction of the deck, but now that you mention it and I look back, it packs some power. I'll look to see what I can replace.
In my meta, flyers are not a problem at all, so I don't really have to worry about them. However, this deck can almost always outrace other decks in combat due to the anthem effects and extra combat steps. My problem with Aurelia, the Warleader, is that she is so squishy, and will likely get at most one extra combat step with the people I play with. I would much rather sink 4 mana for Relentless Assault than the 8 for Aurelia. Gisela, Blade of Goldnight is also very strong, but very pricey for the liability of her 5 toughness. The defensive ability is also very useful though, so I'll look into adding her.
Overall, I haven't ever really had a significant problem with being able to ramp enough, but I did add Thran Dynamo, and I'm considering Harrow, Chromatic Lantern,Solemn Simulacrum, and the 3 signets in the colors for consistency.
Thanks again for the suggestions, they really do help
3 weeks ago
Hi there nice work on the deck. I love these dinos. So fun. I have a couple thoughts for you to consider.
1) Sadly, Mage Slayer does not work with Gishath's ability because it delivers direct damage, not combat damage :(
2) I was surprised to see no tutor cards for pulling the premium dinos to the top of the deck. Worldly Tutor and Congregation at Dawn are both incredibly powerful with Gishath's ability. I always pull up Zetalpa, Primal Dawn because it's Flying and Indestructible.
3) Speaking of Flying, dino decks can struggle to block them. I see you added Dragonlord Dromoka, which is a good start. To further bolster the flying roster, I would replace World at War and Relentless Assault with Gisela, Blade of Goldnight and Aurelia, the Warleader. Adding more creatures also works well with your numerous enchantments that benefit from creatures entering the battlefield.
4) Finally, I would suggest a couple more lands, 4-6 more ramp spells, and a few more mana rocks as well. With an 8 CMC commander that's critical to the deck's functioning, it's difficult to overstate the importance of ramp and hitting your land drops.
Best of luck with the deck and feel free to take a look at my Gishath build as well. Our decks overlap a lot with the damage amp sub-theme.
3 weeks ago
TheNocholas, Breath of Fury is already in my maybeboard. I've just yet to find a card to replace it with as almost every card in the deck is directly going to get me to a win. I don't think Descent of the Dragons is needed in the deck because of cards like Kyren Negotiations, Impact Tremors, Pandemonium, and others allowing me to deal more than enough damage to kill my opponent(s) without needing to attack. Only a few cards would benefit from Descent and I personally feel like it's a step in the wrong direction. I would completely agree with you if my deck were more attack oriented. (although that is still a very viable option with cards like Relentless Assault, Hellrider, and of course, Coat of Arms