|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Born of the Gods (BNG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Plea for Guidance
Search your library for up to two enchantment cards, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (37)||ironax , Wazerwifle , Supremespeed , dbp512 , Pelli , jstn.mrrtt , duff87 , rikertchu , TheBl0b , marcus638 , The_Munchkin , vashaclarens , Va1mar , AwesomeJosh , saj0219 , itheoryz , CampbellStev , Kleptozaniac , twistedmage , bakeraj4 , bradyofportdetroit , Ashy , Xue-Kaihua , Dr.Jackel , REV666 , Tiddilywinkus , acbooster , Antiat , Ellyreia , Kravian , Rez09 , plof , Famicomania , thetechzombie , ecurps , Thunderbeard , Doom_of_Valyria|
|Want (20)||thefinalstair , kodie53 , Bluewolf_Sun , CryAll , sleepy104 , Talonisnthavingit , wlbreda , link2213 , relyks16 , Loading_Error , adb_slayer , nhilix , ray3003 , StraightFlush172 , NobleSlay3r , TheGowge , samuelianstorm , ryaniskool , brennie , 1337_Nerd|
Plea for Guidance Discussion
20 hours ago
I think you need more land. 36 is really the minimum for consistent play unless you commander is giving you access to land, in my opinion.
If you really want to fort up, Idyllic Tutor and/or Plea for Guidance to tutor up a Privileged Position+Sterling Grove nonbo, also consider Sphere of Safety, Fountain Watch, Archetype of Endurance, Umbra Mystic.
Starfield of Nyx could be a wincon once your fort was secure.
Best of luck!!
4 days ago
...the idea is really cute, and I like it. That being said, you need more tutors! Academy Rector, Idyllic Tutor, Plea for Guidance, etc. You could make an argument for Enduring Ideal, as a way to guarantee the combo if you have some form of lock down. You also don't seem to have much protection, such as Greater Auramancy, etc (unless they disrupt the combo). Also, given that you're playing Winter Orb, I'm surprised you're not running Stasis proper for the combo with Estrid ;)
Hope this helps!
1 week ago
Sovereigns of Lost Alara Good wincon/tutor
Sun Titan Hes too OP
Herald of the Pantheon Cheaper shit
Aura of Silence The best pillowfort card imo, it can be emergency removal or just hoses artifacts/enchant strategies in general
3 weeks ago
Thanks for the upvote.
Yeah, I've gone back and forth on it and Plea for Guidance. I needed room for the Helm of Obedience / Rest in Peace combo, and I felt I had enough tutor/card draw, and ones that give me versatility between auras and regular enchantments.
Speaking of the combo, I'm not sold the alt-win combo, as I feel like it is too far off theme. I'm open to suggestions on enchantment-based, non-combat win conditions.
3 weeks ago
I've been playing Uril for a few years myself and I have a few recommendations (which, my list is here to give you reference from where my advice stems, as my list tries for t3 Uril and to KO someone by turn 4/5: Uril: You Ain't Seen Nothing Yeti).
Argentum Armor seems like an odd inclusion when not running Runes of the Deus, which lets you easily one shot a player when combined with 1 of most other auras (Shield of the Oversoul + Runes of the Deus = 26 Commander damage). Why destroy a permanent a player controls when you can make Uril go from 5 damage to 18 with a single aura and potentially just knock the player out of the game? Sure, it's a little bit slower, but it actively serves to end an opponent rather than just gaining you some life (then again, in my list I can plop a t3 Uril into t4 Runes + any 1 cmc aura to kill 1 player before they untap for their own fourth turn, so I don't necessarily consider its speed to be a negative factor when Pollenbright Wings is in this deck).
Spectra Ward isn't a great choice for Uril. I used to play it, but it prevents you from putting any additional auras on Uril after you cast it. Spectra Ward is more of a Bruna card since she can bring auras out of hand and graveyard without targeting, and even with Replenish that isn't easy to get around. You could easily find yourself stuck if you have less than an ideal hand, is what I'm saying. Also, Spectra Ward only really prevents damage effects from harming Uril, like Blasphemous Act (non-targeting damage sweepers), and doesn't help against things like Living Death, Cyclonic Rift, or Merciless Eviction, so I found my list to run better without it since indestructible effects protect better than Spectra Ward does, such as Shielded by Faith.
Cartouche of Strength is easily one of my favorite Uril cards. Give Uril +3/+3 and kill anything smaller than an 8/8 on board is nice for 2G, not to mention it gives him needed evasion. I feel like that'd be more worthwhile than Mage Slayer, since Mage Slayer is evasion but it doesn't deal Commander damage (which means you're hitting their 40 life total, not their 21 life total. And Mage Slayer is worthless if your opponent's decks run life gain).
Madcap Skills is just better than Exoskeleton Armor. The Armor requires their be at least 3 creatures in graveyards (which you don't run a huge number of yourself so this would almost entirely be off of your opponent's graveyards), but an immediate +5/+2 and can't be blocked except by 2 or more creatures evasion seems a lot more valuable since it's immediate and doesn't require the game drag on, and also doesn't get smaller once opponents begin dying and their graveyards leave the game with them. Tilonalli's Crown is also very similar and slightly stronger than Madcap Skills, too!
As opposed to the above advice, Daybreak Coronet will probably be more beneficial than one of the other equipment cards, as it provides vigilance, lifelink, and +5/+5.
Plea for Guidance is a card I dropped because of how mana-hungry it was, but it can be used to set up Bear Umbra + Aggravated Assault by itself, which is pretty powerful in slower meta games.
Overall, nice deck. Hope this helps you.
1 month ago
@ForTheOldFrame: Thanks for your upvote and your detailed comment and sorry for posting so late. I was busy the last days and didn't find the time to reply.
I will try to answer to all your suggestion but I myself aren't an expert in EDH too. So maybe I am wrong with some choices and many cards depend on teh playgroup you are playing:
- Mentor of the Meek: Is already on my maybe list and goes in the deck as soon as I can get it.
- Concerted Effort: Is already on my maybe list and goes in the deck as soon as I can get it. But I will probably not build the deck around it. So Lost Auramancers, Plea for Guidance and Windbrisk Heights are out. Especially Windbrisk Heights as my rebels normally only attack once with three creatures or more.
- Land drops are an issue so Journeyer's Kite and Thawing Glaciers are great choice and I will try them out.
- Temple of the False God: I tend to have it on my starting hand nearly every time I play it in a deck. So I am not a big fan of this card. But with Journeyer's Kite and Thawing Glaciers it is maybe worth a try.
- Sword of the Animist: Mostly I need my rebels to control the table and don't have a chance to attack the first rounds.
- Rebels mitigate the lack of good carddraw in white by tutoring for your creatures. Normally I tend to keep 4-6 cards in my hand and use my mana to tutor for rebels or recast Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero so I don't need Jayemdae Tome, Armistice or Slate of Ancestry. Especially the later I think is not a good option with rebels. If you have enough rebels on the field you normally search for Mirror Entity and attack with your army.
- Light of Day synergices very well with Scuttlemutt and Distorting Lens so I will try it out.
- Cataclysm: Great suggestion and I will try to get one ;-)
- Fated Retribution is not the only instant wrath in white. There is also Rout. And I think if I add Cataclysm I am fine with wrath effects.
- Catastrophe and Armageddon are good option, but as I mostly play casual I leave them out.
- Cessation is better than Pacifism but at the moment Pacifism is only a placeholder and will get out of the deck. Presumable for an other suggestion form you.
- My playgroup mostly plays with older cards and so we decided to ban all planeswalkers. So Elspeth Tirel and Gideon of the Trials are out for me.
- Angel's Trumpet is a good card but not in my build, I think it is possibly in rebels but you have to build the deck differently.
- The runes cycle: Great suggestion. As rebels have already good answers against red and black I will try to find room for the three other runes.
- Icatian Store: I don't like the old storage land and I think that Fountain of Cho is strictly better. But normally I need my mana every turn and not a lot of mana in one turn. The only exception is Mirror Entity so I think I don't need it. But maybe I will try it out some day.
- Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon": For mone white Benalish Marshal is better and I will get one for this deck.
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite is great but to expensive (money) for me.
- Pariah and Pariah's Shield: I think you are right and the runes are better suited for the deck.
So thanks again for your comment and now I have the problem to find cards to take out for your suggestions ;-)
1 month ago
Upvoted and saving for future reference; I'm debating building something similar myself at some point. Rebels strike me as an archetype that's strong to the point of being dishonorable -- even today when a 4/4 for 4 is a little expensive.
If it weren't for Lin-Sivvi, I'd suggest going WB for black's excellent card draw, and access to Deathtouch and a few black rebels; but I think Lin-Sivvi is stronger than the entire color black, in this deck.
Understand that I know very little about EDH -- I've only played a few games, and never won any -- but I've been reading up and gathering advice; hopefully what follows will be worth it.
Thoughts, from how I understand EDH so far:
- Rebels are playing a long game by definition; use land fixing to match. Journeyer's Kite and Thawing Glaciers can thin out the deck as well as Green can. Land Tax might also be worth it, but definitely keep your Tithe.
- Run Concerted Effort (tutor it out with Lost Auramancers, Plea for Guidance, or Windbrisk Heights), and tutor out Rebels with abilities you want to share. It looks like you're running most of them already -- I'm especially happy to see Thermal Glider and Rappelling Scouts.
- Mana ramp? I've heard it says that whoever gets the most mana tends to win an EDH game, and I can particularly believe it for this deck. Temple of the False God is reliable, especially with the tutoring solutions I mentioned. Sword of the Animist would also work.
- Card draw: use Mentor of the Meek, Slate of Ancestry, maybe Jayemdae Tome and Armistice.
- Light of Day if your play group will tolerate it.
Breaking off here, since there's only so many cards you can propose in one comment. Will resume in a moment.
2 months ago
With so many enchantments and with the mana Ramp, have you considered tutors like Plea for Guidance? I have a spare copy.