|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Born of the Gods (BNG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Plea for Guidance
Search your library for up to two enchantment cards, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Plea for Guidance Discussion
5 days ago
Hey, other than one aura, Ancestral Mask , your deck is setup to use Estrid as a Commander more than Tuvasa.
Tuvasa is strongest when she's attacking doing Commander damage. What makes her powerful is she's both an enchantress and beat stick for Commander damage from the Command Zone. With Tuvasa as Commander consider low mana cost auras that can make her a real threat? Rancor , Ethereal Armor , Daybreak Coronet , Steel of the Godhead , Favor of the Overbeing , etc. Want to get enchantments onto the battlefield fast to pump Tuvasa, but this goes against the extensive pillowfort strategy.
The pillowfort strategy with combos requires a lot resources and time to setup and that's in Estrid's wheelhouse not Tuvasa. Tuvasa can still benefit from some pillowfort cards such as Blind Obedience and Authority of the Consuls since these cards help to clear blockers for her to attack. Aura of Silence , Energy Flux , Stony Silence are also quite good since they shut down artifacts and artifacts aren't part of your strategy. Tuvasa can also benefit, but much less than Estrid, from low mana cost land auras. Unlike Estrid who wants all the land auras to take advantage of her +2, Tuvasa doesn't need them all, just the low mana cost ones that create ramp (Growth, Sprawl, Fertile).
Many creatures are less needed when playing Tuvasa as Commander because she's the creature you want to focus on and enchant. All the other enchantresses as well as Sram, Senior Edificer and Kor Spiritdancer (aura enchantresses) and Heliod's Pilgrim are all the creatures you need. Rather than big creatures consider instead splashy cards that interact with auras/enchantments: Retether , Three Dreams , Wargate , Plea for Guidance , Aura Thief .
Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
Ripwater Honestly, I hadn't even thought about using Plea for Guidance to bring out the combo. My playgroup can be very cutthroat so most of the time we kinda know what everyone is doing. Which is why i have so many of the pieces.
That horse looks so damn good! that might definitely replace my Ob Nixilis. I'll be honest, I need to look into the newer sets, as I wasn't even aware of Epicure of Blood even existing for the longest time. If you look into my Mayael deck I took a small siesta from Commander/MTG in general and so Now that I'm getting back in its so cool to see all these new cards!
Definitely will do some play testing for Fox and the Mother of Runes. You're absolutely right in the sense that Karlov is pivotal when he is the commander.
Dude, that Primer was so amazing I had to show my friends. Very well done, dude!
1 week ago
I don't know what kind of group you play with so I'm going to make a bunch of general sugestions.
- First off, you might benefit from some instant speed removal. Path to Exile Swords to Plowshares etc.
- Similar to above counterspells will help protect you enchanted creature and stop problems from hitting the board.
- If you do not like counterspells perhaps Brave the Elements effects or things like Valorous Stance or Sheltering Light etc.
- Board wipes are also useful in stopping decks that go wide from getting out of hand.
- If you want to keep your removal enchantment based Prison Term is good and you go further into Pacifism efects and/or Oblivion Ring effects.
- Idyllic Tutor and Plea for Guidance are a couple tutors to consider.
- Sram, Senior Edificer is another enchantress effect for auras.
- Some artifact ramp to speed your deck up could be good. Primarily 2 cmc rocks to play before your general. ex. Sol Ring Azorius Signet Talisman of Progress Fellwar Stone
- If you don't like the mana rock idea perhaps you could hate on other peoples. ex. Stony Silence Kataki, War's Wage Aura of Silence
- Sun Titan , Restoration Specialist , and Retether provide some more recursion.
- Sigarda's Aid is a staple in aura/equipment based decks.
- You seem to have most of the auras I like in the deck already but a few to consider are Flickering Ward , Gryff's Boon , Shielded by Faith , and Battle Mastery
- It might be worth branching into equipment for utility, Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots add some much needed haste.
- Last but not least Bastion Protector is good at both protecting your general and upping his power.
Hopefully some of this is helpful.
1 week ago
COOZCOOZCOOZ In my playground thats one of the few combo's thats frowned upon, basically because its a 2 card combo wich can be thrown in the field with Plea for Guidance . People see it as unfun and I agree. Next to that in all my decks I try to use as little combos as possible :)
Yeah those 2 cards are a really small investment (they are 0,20 cents each or something) but do a lot of work for you!
Another really good payoff for all your lifegain is Crested Sunmare Steamrolls quite easy with lifegain almost happening in each players turn.
Also Mother of Runes and Eight-and-a-Half-Tails are amazing. Where mother of runes can protect Karlov from turn 2 AND make him unblockable if people are only having one color on the field. Eight Tails protects literally your entire boardstate including Karlov, without having to tap. It's really an underrated card in multiplayer!
2 weeks ago
Yes, the second ability stacks. The ruling from Gatherer "Each time Vizkopa Guildmage’s second ability resolves, a delayed triggered ability is created. Whenever you gain life that turn, each of those abilities will trigger. For example, if you activate the second ability twice, let those abilities resolve, then gain 2 life, each opponent will lose a total of 4 life."
I like your additions. Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder is great, just make sure to sac those thrulls before they kill him. Thrilling Encore is a budget version of Rise of the Dark Realms and is a good placeholder until you decide you want to make that investment for your black commander decks.
There are a few other cards that that aren't on theme like: Aegis of the Gods , hexproof is good, but the creature is easy to kill. High Priest of Penance is a sold card but you want to give it indestructible or at least more toughness so you can abuse the damage trigger.
Also I would look at your high casting cost spells, if you don't see them making a big impact on the game you may want to switch them out. Lich's Mastery means you die to any type of Disenchant , which is a big risk. Gravewaker takes 13 mana to reanimate a creature Debtors' Knell is right at the edge of your budget, but is a better card. Plea for Guidance can only find 8 cards in your deck, and black has so many other tutor options.
3 weeks ago
My suggestion would be to add 3 tutors in particular to get to finest hour as quick as possible.
And any of greens tutors for creatures to find medomai earlier.
1 month ago
I'm back! I'll let you know the results of the tournament on the deckwatch page.
As for the cuts here is the 10 cards I would consider.
- Celestial Convergence - Yes it's an alternative wincon, but its the slowest one you have
- Felidar Sovereign - That's not a Rebel! Shame on you! :P (On the serious note, not tutorable, better slot elsewhere)
- Crovax, Ascendant Hero - Symmetrical effects can be bad
- Condemn - Cute, but meh
- Heroes Remembered - Cool card, like really cool but cute category
- Plea for Guidance - I really don't like expensive tutors
- Academy Rector - No consistent sac outlet, a great card in general but needs a bit moving pieces to be efficient
- Whipcorder - Underwhelming effect
- Tithe Taker - It's meh, a baby abolisher but it has it's uses but more of a meta play
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope - I love her, no joke I can see why you would run her, but doesn't really benefit your gameplan.
Those would be the cards I would recommend cutting. I would however also consider adding in cards like Faith's Reward as anti removal tech as well as Smothering Tithe cuz that cards is just good. The ones I am iffy about removing is the rector as well as Avacyn cuz she bae. But those are my thoughts!
2 months ago
Ivory Mask , Idyllic Tutor , Plea for Guidance , Demonic Tutor , Thaumatic Compass Flip, Anguished Unmaking , Utter End , Coalition Relic , all 3 bounce lands, Bojuka Bog , Creeping Tar Pit , Celestial Colonnade , Kor Haven , Sphinx's Revelation , Cyclonic Rift , Austere Command , Toxic Deluge , Decree of Pain , Teferi's Protection , Rhystic Study , Phyrexian Arena , Ob Nixilis Reignited , Copy Enchantment , Confiscate , Beacon of Immortality
Plea for Guidance occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%