|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Born of the Gods (BNG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Plea for Guidance
Search your library for up to two enchantment cards, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (4)||, ZombieFood , gildan_bladeborn , silvereh|
|Want (37)||TheMyrMan , wlbreda , kvfd1719 , o2x7 , Drops , Darkmantledawn , SaltySpecula , Feanoriel , Takyon , Gravius86 , Maelstromface , tomshwag , Clockwork_Control , patric.cox99 , HomieG , sraid , BioTutorBrian , instantBuddha , Vukodlak , Cobthecobbler , vovoomz137 , pphhaazzee , shagreel , Eratosthenes , Sergal , ianare , B0effe , shrimpandwalrus , yamuddah , GS10 , Moonling , AlphaSp , cainanunes , Demonblade52402 , blubrrytoast , GarethGrey , MagnaAura|
Plea for Guidance Discussion
5 days ago
Ivory Mask , Idyllic Tutor , Plea for Guidance , Demonic Tutor , Thaumatic Compass Flip, Anguished Unmaking , Utter End , Coalition Relic , all 3 bounce lands, Bojuka Bog , Creeping Tar Pit , Celestial Colonnade , Kor Haven , Sphinx's Revelation , Cyclonic Rift , Austere Command , Toxic Deluge , Decree of Pain , Teferi's Protection , Rhystic Study , Phyrexian Arena , Ob Nixilis Reignited , Copy Enchantment , Confiscate , Beacon of Immortality
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Put sterling grove from your maybeboard into the 99. Put in Plea for Guidance to get the grove and Privileged Position into your hand. Cast both on your next turn. Then sac the grove on your next turn to find your Enchanted Evening to protect your entire boardstate. Then use your enlightened tutor to find your Estrid’s Invocation to copy the privileged position so they protect each other.
3 weeks ago
thank you for the kind words and advice! I did consider the aura enchantments at first too, but decided to go a more pillowforty route. As for the suggestions of upgrades:
I agree that Grasp of Fate is better then Oblivion Ring here! sadly the deck is already getting quite expensive, and i like to keep it just a tiny less expensive right now (I already have O-ring in my collection). Ill keep the card in mind though!
This is definitely better, added!
This deck is already pretty big on tax. I think I want to avoid this card in order to keep the deck just slightly lower in powerlevel for my playgroup
Thank you again for the nice suggestions!
3 weeks ago
Well, I offered a couple ideas at the top of the thread but at the time you were still trying to thin the deck down to 100. I’ll give you a bunch more ideas now:
- Rest in Peace + Energy Field or Web of Inertia. I ran this combo for quite awhile in my Zur deck till I discovered the solemnity/glen elendra/kithkin spellduster combos. After that I had to find a different immortality combo so I could have a graveyard. That led me to...
- Phyrexian Unlife + Solemnity makes it so you can’t die either. Coupled with Necropotence you can pay all your life to put most of your library in your hand in one shot. Speaking of Necropotence...
- Necropotence + Zur's Weirding is a combo that will lock your opponents down by denying them acces to their libraries. You just pay the life to make them discard every card they draw. The way you get enough life to keep paying the life is Venser's Journal. And opponents can’t force you to discard squat because of Necropotence. You aren’t actually drawing cards.
- Riptide Chimera + Second Chance: this gives you infinite turns or enough to setup what you want. Just pay your life down to less than 5 with Necropotence to start this combo. Just put second chance’s ability on the stack then return it to your hand with the chimera before it is sacrificed. I have checked with judges on this combo and according to them it does work.
- Eidolon of Rhetoric or Arcane Laboratory + Riptide Chimera stops your opponents from playing multiple spells per turn but lets you cast as many as you want during your turn. And with your Grand Abolisher opponents wont be able to do anything about it.
- Eidolon of Rhetoric or Arcane Laboratory + Jace, Unraveler of Secrets: get to Jace’s ult and opponents are screwed the rest of the game.
If you use the Enchanted Evening, Greater Auramancy, Copy Enchantment combo I mentioned at the top of this comment thread then the only thing opponents can do to stop any of the above combos is use board wipes but with Glen Elendra and Solemnity that won’t be possible. Would also be a good idea to run at least 12 counterspells to protect against anything else they might be able to do. Also use a bunch of tutors to grab combo pieces that you are unable to Zur out. Plea for Guidance is a good one since you can grab 2 in one shot. Hope these ideas help you out. Good Luck.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Here’s a few cards to mull over:
- Copy Enchantment and or Estrid's Invocation to copy your privileged position. I know, sterling grove does the same thing but all your enchantments have shroud. I would use the grove to tutor out position and then copy it with one of the two so they protect each other and everything else.
- Plea for Guidance to tutor both out at once.
1 month ago
Few cards to think about: