|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Rare|
|Mirrodin Besieged (MBS)||Rare|
|Mirrodin Besieged: Mirran (MBM)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Vampire Shaman
Whenever a creature an opponent controls dies, you may gain 3 life.
Whenever an opponent discards a card, you may gain 3 life.
|Have (4)||Tiddilywinkus , rebelteddybear , Orypool , bfarber91|
|Want (13)||kodie53 , umbertobomba , VampSlayer , Deadpool155 , vashaclarens , king0fclubs , mlouden03 , smedlrg , Trupie , OutsideTheMox , sttmccln , sleepy104 , zgriffin1989|
4 days ago
@Darkshadow327 he wants to play discard reanimation, which is why he's choosing Scarab God, honestly it's a deck I've thought about playing.
Also I agree heavily with with the Painful Quandary , Vedalken Orrery (You're too black to play Leyline, lol), Windfall , and Oversold Cemetery ; especially the Quandary it puts your opponents in a lose lose situation.
I'm not a fan of Awaken the Erstwhile.
I also think that you could really use an Ashnod's Altar for some of those X spells to get a a better pay off.
I took at look at my Thought Scour Nath! (love for you guys to take a look at this) deck for some additional adds... here's what I got.
- Archfiend of Ifnir : It's so good...
- Blood Artist / Zulaport Cutthroat : since sacing things is up your alley I really think these should be includes.
- Sadistic Hypnotist : speaking of sac outlets... why not sac to force discard?
- Sangromancer : the passive life gains are really just too good.
- Quest for the Nihil Stone : this is really meta dependent I think, if you know you can keep them locked down to little to no hand it's a really good card, that's easily turned on.
- Memory Jar : I don't think this needs an explanation
- Geth's Grimoire : for those moments you want to wheel and draw 20 cards...
- Strongarm Tactics : Just a solid discard spell that I'm a huge fan of.
1 week ago
Stuff I'd cut:
Duskborne Skymarcher - not enough impact
Erdwal Ripper - bad
Falkenrath Exterminator bad
Furyblade Vampire good for madness but not for this deck
Havengul Vampire not good enough
Kheru Bloodsucker bad
Licia, Sanguine Tribune only good as commander in a deck built around him. Here it's just bad for 8 mana
Nirkana Revenant not bad but not really that useful either since only about a thrid of your lands are swamps anyways
Voracious Vampire bad
Stuff I'd definitely add:
Anowon, the Ruin Sage
Bloodline Keeper Flip
Bloodlord of Vaasgoth
Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle
Butcher of Malakir
Shadow Alley Denizen
Stuff I'd consider adding:
Bishop of Binding
Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
Legion's Landing Flip
Olivia, Mobilized for War
Patron of the Vein
Urge to Feed
Blood Baron of Vizkopa
Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief
Voldaren Pariah Flip
Details as for why I'd add certain cards and cut others I'll give you the next time we get to talk :)
4 weeks ago
Hey welcome to T/O arcrayne!
So if your struggling with early game being way too slow than yes your curve is way too high already. Since Markov makes tokens for you real quick, you want to use cards that are low CMC as well as give you a bunch of effects to make it worth. Here are some example cards that you don't have that can be considered using.
- Vicious Conquistador - 1 CMC as well you will be swinging.
- Twilight Prophet - Card Advantage (CA) as well as a vampire, and ascend won't be a problem for you.
- Metallic Mimic - Not a vampire but he makes your army stronger and 2 cmc.
- Bloodcrazed Paladin - In case of boardwipe, you'll have a huge vampire.
- Champion of Dusk - CA as well as a good creature with evasion.
Those are some examples of well costed creatures that are low to drop but does things as well. Cards that aren't useful are like these one below.
- Blood Baron of Vizkopa - Very rarely you will trigger his ability, too high cost.
- Butcher of Malakir - Too high cost and a down grade from a Grave Pact or Dictate of Erebos .
- Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief - As much as I love her (I have her as a commander of my deck), she is too mana intensive to use in a aggro build.
- Patron of the Vein - Too high cost for a weak ability.
- Sangromancer - For 4 CMC, it's ability is meh and a waste of a card slot.
Hope that kind of explains why these cards are not too great in this build. Also some tech card is Faith's Reward , absolute life saver when it comes to saving your guys from a board wipe!
Hope that helps and feel free to ask for any advice!
1 month ago
Here’s a few possible additions for you to mull over:
1 month ago
I like Hyppie mostly of random discard on a body. Most (if not all) other discard effects I have aren’t random so this is pretty helpful early game. I do focus on myself primarily because of my meta, but keeping answers from peoples’ hands is pretty imperative where I am too. I think people are more apt to choose to keep an answer in hand than a threat so I try to mitigate their amount of agency in the decision.
For the same reason I run Thespian's Stage and Cabal Stronghold with Coffers in tow too (I need so much mana), I need as much lifegain in here as possible so the more sources I can run the better. In fact my discard is there additionally to further benefit Sangromancer, and that to me is so good. I can’t justify removing either of those :(
I would, however, like to make a cut from the nonbasica for a Vesuva some time soon.
1 month ago
So, Sangromancer has saved my behind on many many occasions with the lifegain I’ve gotten through it post-boardwipe or similar destruction. I feel like that’s beyond necessary really. I have used Pitiless Plunderer before for other things but I don’t really neeeeed that so much.
As for Expedition Map, I like your rationale but what do I cut for it? Any suggestions there? The deck is pretty hard to cut for at this time...
1 month ago
I think your deck would benefit from Expedition Map to tutor for tomb of yawg or cabal coffers. I also think Sangromancer is kind of a non-bo with what you are trying to do...maybe Pitiless Plunderer would be a better fit.
1 month ago
Dont know what you are trying to do with the deck since you have several cards for others builds in here.Dont see a use for Bloodbond Vampire since you not gaining much life.Bloodhusk Ritualist for my deck wasnt that good. Kheru Bloodsucker not worth since you dont have my creatures for it.No reason for him at all unless its a fillerSkeletal Changeling.Chainer's Edict feel like there are better things that do this. Planar Bridge tutors are better. Not the best for how you have this deck built right nowBlighted Fen. Geier Reach Sanitarium dont use lol. Piranha Marsh use a Swamp. Not worth it Sorin's Thirst. Wound Reflection great card but not made for this deck.
better land drawMikokoro, Center of the Sea
artifact: Sword of the Animist
Sangromancer occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%