|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Rivals of Ixalan (RIX)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Druid
: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
Sacrifice Atzocan Seer: Return target Dinosaur card from your graveyard to your hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Atzocan Seer Discussion
13 hours ago
Definitely include some sweepers, Wrath of God is a solid example. You typically want at least 3 or 4 board wipes (sometimes more, sometimes less, it really depends on the deck) in an EDH deck; I guess Pyrohemia can act as one but you do need a few more.
Card draw is also super important in EDH. Sylvan Library is pretty much the best you can get in green, Momentous Fall is also good in a deck with big creatures. Over all you probably want around 10 cards in the deck that can draw you more cards.
Ramp is also a necessity, especially in this kind of deck. Cards like Atzocan Seer and Pillar of Origins do fit with the tribal theme, but there are just better ramping spells out there. Birds of Paradise and other single mana dorks are very effective, and you can get them out on turn one. Other cards like Traverse the Outlands and Kodama's Reach are also quite good.
Making sure you have all this stuff is a solid start. I cannot stress enough the need for card draw in EDH. Card draw helps you rebound from your own, and other peoples' board wipes, it helps you find your ramp spells, as well as your creatures to cast with all of the mana you've ramped into. Card draw can help a shitty deck perform decently, while on the other hand, a lack of card draw can cause an amazing deck to fall flat on it's face. Oh also Sensei's Divining Top
2 weeks ago
Atzocan Seer could work, dinosaur recursion and mana boost.
3 weeks ago
This is my first time building an EDH deck and I was curious what could be improved.
I want to add in a boardwipe like Wrath of God or Planar Cleansing and switch something out for Wakening Sun's Avatar and then I don't have Command Tower or Reliquary Tower in and don't know if they're "required".
1 month ago
I was also thinking that Regisaur Alpha could fit into the deck somehow, for obvious reasons, which could allow me to take Atzocan Seer for some ramp/dino synergy. I like the concept of using both Huatlis together for the free 3/3 dino token with Warrior Poet, making my Radiant Champion that much more threatening, but I feel like then the deck would be overloaded and clunky. I have ideas, just not sure how to make them work.
multimedia I'm exactly sure about my budget right now, but probably anywhere around $50 - $60 give or take.
And thank you Argy I'll have a look at the guide, and thank you for the suggestions.
1 month ago
(Sorry for writing an essay, I'm studiously avoiding writing a paper for school)
You do indeed have a lot of creatures, but you also have a lot of good cards. Try to think about what your deck wants to do. To me, it looks like it wants to 1) play a lot of dinos, 2) trigger a lot of enrages, 3) attack with a bunch of dudes for lots of damage, so here's some suggestions based on that.
- Forerunner of the Empire helps with (1) and (2)
- Atzocan Seer helps with (1) via mana ramp and the replaying of dinos
- Priest of the Wakening Sun helps with (1)
- Staff of Nin helps with (2)
- Things like Swiftfoot Boots and Lightning Greaves can protect your big dudes and get them attacking faster (3)
- Kessig Wolf Run or Overwhelming Stampede achieve (3) and can serve as win conditions
- Sol Ring and Command Tower are staples in essentially all EDH decks. You could also get a Jungle Shrine
- Wild Ricochet can serve as a counterspell against your opponents and often can help with (2)
- Temple Altisaur is good for (2) and (3)
- Because of your colors, consider Boros Charm and Naya Charm
Cards I'd recommend you take out:
- Tocatli Honor Guard negates ETB effects. That hurts Regisaur Alpha, Kinjalli's Sunwing, and Burning Sun's Avatar Flip among others
- Consider replacing Star of Extinction with a cheaper mana cost board wipe like Rout
- I'm conflicted about Form of the Dinosaur. Regardless, I do think it requires careful building around so that might be a target for replacement if you don't want to focus on it
My overall suggestions would be to keep aware of your mana curve and your color distribution. Take a look at your creatures and take out the ones that seem too mana-expensive for what they achieve. Keep track of what problems you encounter when you play. Do you struggle with mana, do you need more draw power, are you unable to deal with a particular matchup repeatedly? Then use that to make adjustments based on what you feel is working and what you enjoying playing.
1 month ago
Jeez, this curve is so steep... If I were you, I would do one of two things: Lower the curve, or include more lands and ramp.
If you want to play a deck that reliably gets to 5 mana, you should include ramp like Merfolk Branchwalker, Druid of the Cowl, Servant of the Conduit, Atzocan Seer etc. And like FlabbyAbs said, 24-25 lands seem like the way to go. You could also try to add some draw to get more lands into your hand.
Enter the Unknown is kinda bad without cards like Deeproot Champion, Winding Constrictor or simply a lot of small creatures. You have neither the combos or the general deck to make proper use of it, and it does not replace Attune with Aether. If you are looking a replacement, consider Commune with Dinosaurs instead.
You could make this deck way lower on curve. Use cards like Blossoming Defense to be able to rely on your Myriarch sticking. Verdurous Gearhulk and Angel of Invention are great cards, but running 8 5-drops is to much man. Seeing as myriarch is actually a buildaround, you shouldn't need any more to finish the game. GW is the best colors for protecting permanents, so you should be able to keep it alive if you need to. Watch out for board wipes though, Heroic Intervention should do the job.
Vizier of the Menagerie is awesome, but you kinda ruin it with this high of a curve. Casting a couple of minion from your deck is awesome. Include Merfolk Branchwalker for even more synergy, since it avoids lands on top of your deck. And maybe even Lifecrafter's Bestiary for grindy matchups. But Vizier+Myriarch should get the job done if you need fuel. The rest of the deck should 2-, 3-, and 1-drops, in that order of importance. Narnarm is bad without a revolt-shell, but you could try to make a revolt deck to get Renegade Rallier. Other cards i would recomend for a GW weenie deck:
Adorned Pouncer, Sacred Cat, Prowling Serpopard, Fairgrounds Warden, Appeal, Siegehorn Ceratops, Kinjalli's Sunwing, Tocatli Honor Guard, Huatli, Radiant Champion, Skymarcher Aspirant, Adanto Vanguard, Territorial Hammerskull and maybe Savage Stomp if you feel like playing some dinos.
I'll look forward to seeing where you take this deck
1 month ago
These are the cards from Rivals of Ixalan that made it onto one or two of my lists:
- Kumena's Awakening made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Draw Cards (Steady) and MagicalHacker - List of All Group Hug Cards
- Nezahal, Primal Tide made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Draw Cards (Steady) and MagicalHacker - List of All Anti-Control Cards
- Journey to Eternity Flip made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Recursion Cards and MagicalHacker - List of All Protecting Cards
- Curious Obsession, Seafloor Oracle, Twilight Prophet, Azor, the Lawbringer, Kumena, Tyrant of Orazca, and The Immortal Sun made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Draw Cards (Steady)
- Secrets of the Golden City made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Draw Cards (Burst)
- Flood of Recollection, Recover, World Shaper, Angrath, Minotaur Pirate, and Atzocan Seer made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Recursion Cards
- Mastermind's Acquisition made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Tutor Cards
- Storm the Vault Flip, Golden Guardian Flip, Path of Mettle Flip, Azor's Gateway Flip, and Thunderherd Migration made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Ramp Cards
- Etali, Primal Storm made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Free Value Cards
- Arch of Orazca made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Utility Lands
- Thrashing Brontodon and Zacama, Primal Calamity made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Item Removal Cards
- Admiral's Order made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Counterspell Cards
- Slaughter the Strong and Tetzimoc, Primal Death made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Board Wipe Cards
Did I miss anything from RIX? Did I miss anything from another set? What list should I make next? Leave your feedback here or on any of my 22 lists! Thanks!