|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Rivals of Ixalan (RIX)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Druid
: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
Sacrifice Atzocan Seer: Return target Dinosaur card from your graveyard to your hand.
|Have (2)||PembrokeWelshCorgi , Esquire_|
|Want (19)||Sharks_Six , Orohu , Nerukad , fancysaurus , weslar7 , lucky72 , Mudman , nomaky , zephyrmoth , Dinodude123 , Porch , PaTrudeau , deanislig , Dienekes , Brickbreaker2 , Guttorm , rco , MerkavaIV16 , NahirixVraska|
Atzocan Seer Discussion
1 month ago
triproberts12 Hey bud! So do you not like Kindred Boon ? I'm going to swap it out for an Asceticism whenever I acquire one but I ended up liking the solid protection it brings. It may well be a tad expensive though. Thank you for pointing out Duelist's Heritage and its politicking ability! I haven't seen the card before. I agree that Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip is a little iffy, as I find it usually only flips when I have loads of big Dinos on the board anyway, and the land tutoring ability of Hour of Promise may well be worth it instead. I think I'll cut Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip for Hour of Promise and cut Onward / Victory for Blood Mist until I acquire a Duelist's Heritage (or I could include Blood Mist also and cut something else?). I'm not sure about cutting the Bellowing Aegisaur for Sakura-Tribe Elder only because of its combo potential with Forerunner of the Empire + Polyraptor . Is there any other Dinos that you think are weaker? What are your opinions about my exclusion of Atzocan Seer and Drover of the Mighty or the other cards in the Maybeboard? I really appreciate the help thanks awfully :)
1 month ago
- Cut 2 or 3 lands. You run 10 ramp without counting doublers. Or cut like 2 lands and 2 ramp.
- Courser of Kruphix Not a dino, just play ramp
- Oracle of Mul Daya Not a dino, just play ramp
- Reclamation Sage Not a dino, dino does it better
- Sakura-Tribe Elder Not a dino, replace with ramp, dino ramp
- Sky Terror Too vanilla, replace with ramp or dino ramp
- Scroll Rack You did this in Narset, wasn't tht great
- Eerie Interlude Not enough ETBs to count, if this is to dodge wraths boros charm and heroic intervention are better.
- Cacophodon I'm not seeing where you are going to benefit from untapping a single target
- Path of Mettle Flip
- Sylvan Library it's a great card, but I think you are trying to just ramp and get your value off your commander.
- Mana Geyser To me this is best in mono red or in something with X spells.
- Wayward Swordtooth Not that great in EDH
- Raging Regisaur it's in here for ping i think, you didn't seem to keen on it.
- Privileged Position
- Asceticism this and priv pos are both for protecting, with your 90 haste enablers I'm not sure i'd worry about protecting.
- Neheb, the Eternal If this is here to go infinite/near infinite with Aggravated Assault run the whole busted mana package that goes infinite with it (or at least more than just 1) Sword of Feast and Famine , Druids' Repository , Bear Umbra , Grand Warlord Radha , Savage Ventmaw
- Whispersilk Cloak Only having one of this effect seems odd
- Signets - I like the new lockets better. More mana but later on you can sac them to draw cards. Up to you
- Atzocan Seer idk, feel like i'd rather just kodama's reach. HIs second ability could be relevant.
You're missing a bunch of the best dinosaur cards in my opinion
- Commune with Dinosaurs Early gets a land, late gets a dino. Always replaces itself.
- Thundering Spineback Only a 5/5 but is an anthem and makes more dinos
- Carnage Tyrant Literally the best dinosaur ever printed, has all of the keywords you'd ever want on it but haste
- Burning Sun's Avatar Bolts something, bolts someone, and is costed correctly
- Rampaging Ferocidon So good it's banned in standard, shuts down other creature based decks. Can hurt you but likely you are winning if this is hurting.
- Verdant Sun's Avatar If you wanna flip your deck, why not gain all the life at the same time
- Runic Armasaur It's a dino, it's prison, it's got better stats than it's mana
- Overgrown Armasaur Reclamation sage-esque but on a dino
- Kindred Summons 7 mana, basically same as your creatures, and can double your creature count at EOT....
- Overwhelming Stampede Your average power is like 10 in this deck, +10/+10 and trample on everything ends games.
- Naya Charm First mode is meh, second mode can be good, third mode allows you to take out someone
- Charging Monstrosaur haste and trample and on curve
- Bellowing Aegisaur This thing gets huge fast, but doesn't have trample
- Iroas, God of Victory Not a dino, but is combat relevant, makes it easier for your dinos to get through and win
That gets you no where near where you need to be. To me you have too many enchantments might look there more.
4 months ago
Big smashy Naya decks can be a ton of fun! It kinda depends on what direction you want to take the deck, but if you're looking at the classic 'power 5 or greater matters' theme, here are some suggestions:
Remove: Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh Flip: This deck focuses more on casting big creatures, so the likelihood of flipping Chandra is very low. Firemane Angel: Very expensive for her effects. Better creatures and lifegain can be found. Gigantosaurus: Hilarious card, but the 5 green will be super hard to get in a three color deck. Legion Loyalist, Legion Warboss, and Ajani's Welcome: These cards are all geared towards a 'go-wide' playstyle that encourages lots of small creatures. That's not how Naya usually plays, and most of the rest of your deck isn't set up to support them. Light of the Legion, Swiftblade Vindicator, Dawn of Hope, Path of Discovery, Prodigious Growth, Urban Utopia, Bounty of Might, Flower / Flourish, Boros Keyrune, and Selesnya Cluestone: These are all cards that either don't mesh great with the rest of the deck, or are decent, but have cards that can usually do the same thing better.
Big Boyz: Meglonoth: Great power for 6 mana, and can really pump out damage both attacking and blocking each time around the table! Mycoid Shepherd: Pretty decent source of lifegain. Paleoloth: Graveyard recursion. Spearbreaker Behemoth: Gives your important stuff indestructibility! Spellbreaker Behemoth: Can absolutely wreck blue control. Woolly Thoctar: 5/4 for 3. Nuff said. Bull Cerodon: Really solid creature to keep bashing your opponent's with. Godsire: Can be hard to play, but will generate an insane amount of value if it stays in play. Stalking Vengeance: When your stuff dies, so do your opponents! Victory's Herald: massive boost to your field, especially with lifegain.
Mana Ramp: Gruul Signet and Selesnya Signet: Some of the best ramp for three color decks. Drumhunter, Exuberant Firestoker, Sacellum Godspeaker, and Sunseed Nurturer: Can be okay as ramp, while also synergizing with your theme. Mul Daya Channelers: can be either a 5/5, or help you ramp into one. Somberwald Sage, Beastcaller Savant, Birds of Paradise, Channeler Initiate, Chromatic Lantern, Commander's Sphere, Draconic Disciple, Llanowar Elves, Atzocan Seer, and Drover of the Mighty: All permanents with useful ramp abilities, some of which even have a few other potential synergies. Traverse the Ulvenwald, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Yavimaya Elder, Harrow, Journey of Discovery, Gift of Estates, Cultivate, Caravan Vigil, and Collective Voyage: Cards with varying effects that let you search up lands from your library.
Utility: Asceticism: Lots of protection for your board. Anger and Fires of Yavimaya: gives all of your creatures haste. Signal the Clans: Great tutor card for creature based decks. Loxodon Warhammer and Behemoth Sledge: Trample and lifegain on a stick. Domri Rade: Card draw, repeatable fighting, and a crazy ult. Deafening Clarion, Austere Command, Earthquake, Mizzium Mortars, Comet Storm, and Savage Twister: All have the potential to be near one-sided boardwipes.
Lands: Ancient Ziggurat: With a focus on creatures, this card is usually really useful. Command Tower: Should be in every commander deck. Naya Panorama and Jungle Shrine Kessig Wolf Run: Extra damage and trample. Contested Cliffs: Repeatable fighting for your beasts.
There are probably more suggestions I could make, and certainly not all of these cards need to go in. Just some different ideas for you to consider!
6 months ago
I would recommend, if you want to keep green, use it more for ramp than you are atm. I would also recomend replacing Slash of Talons with Lightning Bolt, Crested Herdcaller with Regisaur Alpha, Two Huatli's Snubhorn with Temple Altisaur's, Everdawn Champion with Atzocan Seer, balance the land a little more, maybe some Dual Shots and Ranging Raptors for ramp and enrage triggers, maybe one Ravenous Daggertooth instead of an Imperial Ceratops so you can get enrage lifegain earlier, it's also more of an earlier bait target for removal which will benefit you. Also Regrowth, Destructive Revelry for your sideboard. Otherwise removing green, adding in more red like Silverclad Ferocidons, Raptor Hatchling and Charging Monstrosaur and the white and red Ixalan Avatars, if you cut out the green you could also lean into more of the lifegain aspect with some give lifelink spells on your fliers then you can chump block small boys with either face or enrage dinos.
7 months ago
Draconic Disciple, Atzocan Seer and Precognition Field should help. The two creatures will help with mana fixing, and Draconic Disciple can give you a nice dragon. Precognition field can help when you dont have Vizier out.
8 months ago
I'm always down for stomping with Dinosaurs and this seems like a fine deck but I would make some changes to it.
1) Get rid of your white. I understand what you're trying to do with it but all dinos want to do is smack the face and the white side of your cards isn't really doing that. Sure you can return a dino from your graveyard with Atzocan Seer but I don't find it useful. Only having two colors will also fix your mana a whole lot better.
2) Add Raging Swordtooth, this card will do WONDERS for your deck! You have so many Enrage triggers on your cards that you want something that will help you trigger it.
3) ADD MORE ENRAGE MECHANICS! I find them to be so strong and there are some powerful ones that will help you control the board so you can keep smashing face Rampaging Ferocidon and Needletooth Raptor will not only help deal with those pesky blockers but will make it so your opponent can't gain life.
4) Your enchantments and instants are okay... but having cards such as Commune with Dinosaurs and Crash the Ramparts are much better for the deck. If anything, throw the Vanquisher's Banner and New Horizons to the sideboards to deal with the slower matchups you may have!
Anyways good luck and have fun with your dinos :)
9 months ago
True that. For the best decks, you gotta pony up. Oh, the eternal struggle of a magic player.
I took a look at all the Green/White creatures in Standard atm, and this is the list of creatures I would consider for a Dinosaur deck in these colors:
Priest of the Wakening Sun
Drover of the Mighty
Rhonas the Indomitable
Knight of the Stampede
Wakening Sun's Avatar
Zetalpa, Primal Dawn
Ghalta, Primal Hunger
I would consider maybe focusing on the lower CMC Dinos to populate the majority of the deck and have Wakening Sun's Avatar as a finisher. Your curve is a little wonky, and you'll want to smooth it out a tad.
Atzocan Seer occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%