Creature — Human Druid
: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
Sacrifice Atzocan Seer: Return target Dinosaur card from your graveyard to your hand.
Printings View all
|Rivals of Ixalan (RIX)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Atzocan Seer occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Atzocan Seer Discussion
4 days ago
TolarianScientist, your concern is real. At the moment, I'm running 16 spells which deal with that concern:
- Basic Landcycling: Jhessian Zombies, Ancient Excavation, Migratory Route, Treacherous Terrain, Grave Upheaval and Sylvan Reclamation
- Mana Rocks: Chrome Mox, Lotus Bloom and Mox Tantalite
- Land Fetch: Frenzied Tilling, Deathsprout, Grisly Salvage and Exploding Borders
- The Lone Mana Dork: Leyline Prowler
- Also: Primal Amulet Flip and Coiling Oracle
The problem with mana dorks is that none of the best ones are color pairs. With any other 5-color commander, this decklist would look totally different.
I like your suggestion of borderposts. Right now, the Spells I'd most consider removing are Merfolk Skydiver, Rise of the Hobgoblins, Deathbringer Liege, Terminate and Dovin, Grand Arbiter. Of those spells, how many and which would you replace with borderposts of the same colors?
Sorry for the long response.
6 months ago
Actually, I will give a few thoughts.
The Immortal Sun - What does this do for your deck or game plan? It tries to do a lot but instead only does a little of a bunch of things for too high of a cost.
Decimate - Zacama, Primal Calamity should take care of most of your artifact and enchantment destruction on his own, making this redundant, but this card also comes with the unfortunate problem that you can ONLY cast it if you have viable creature, artifact, enchantment, AND land targets. If you are missing any one of the 4 it's a dead card, and if one of those 4 is your own then you're forced to destroy that. Now, if you find that you really need more artifact and enchantment hate look into cards like Krosan Grip or Force of Vigor .
Savage Stomp - Why would you risk your creatures with this? If you are able to target them then you already have removal in the form of Path to Exile or Swords to Plowshares , not to mention Zacama, Primal Calamity ability to deal damage to creatures. If your opponent has a combat trick then you just lost your creature. It's a gimmicky card and I think there are better things you can do with the card slot in your deck. For example, Aggravated Assault or Reckless Assault will give you multiple combats which will really let you bring the full power of your dinosaurs to bear without giving your opponents time to recover.
Priest of the Wakening Sun - Why? If you need a fetch then run cards like Worldly Tutor , Finale of Devastation or Chord of Calling . If you need lifegain there are plenty of better sources. This just reveals cards in your hand to your opponents, gains a tiny bit of life, and kills an entire turn with your expensive fetch.
Atzocan Seer - Skip the returning Dinosaurs. You're a creature deck, and a big one at that. Just focus on constantly dropping big creatures and hitting your opponent, putting so much pressure on them that they don't have time to worry about strategy. Aggro decks don't really worry about their graveyard. As for the mana, you'd be far better served with Birds of Paradise or Sylvan Caryatid , or if you go non-budget then Bloom Tender .
Gigantosaurus - I'm honestly really not a fan of anything that costs 5 of the same color. This pretty much kills anything else you were planning on doing on your turn, which is absolutely not what you want to have happen. Sure it's a 10/10, but it's really not worth that downside, especially without trample. Look at Carnage Tyrant for a fantastic alternative.
Kinjalli's Sunwing - This draws unnecessary hate and really doesn't help your game out that much. You have a deck of giant dinosaurs. This shouldn't be an issue. If you really feel you need it then look into Authority of the Consuls or Urabrask the Hidden instead.
Runic Armasaur - Too specific and unreliable. There are better uses for the card slot.
Sakura-Tribe Elder - While a good card, your deck can't take full advantage of this and would be better off running land fetches like Tempt with Discovery , Nature's Lore , or Skyshroud Claim , all of which are better and come out untapped.
Samut, Voice of Dissent - Why in heaven's name are you running this? This card is awful? If it's for the haste then there are tons of better cards. Look at Fervor , Rhythm of the Wild , or Fires of Yavimaya . Even Urabrask the Hidden would be a better way to spend 5 mana. Is it for the untap effect? There are still much better options such as Seedborn Muse . This card burns 5 mana for no good reason. No. Just no.
Shalai, Voice of Plenty - Meh. I'd run Leyline of Sanctity or Privileged Position instead. Asceticism , Archetype of Endurance , and Sterling Grove are other good options. All are harder to hit and kill. It's nice but overall i'd run the alternatives instead.
Shifting Ceratops - Doesn't do enough. It's nice but not good enough overall.
Territorial Hammerskull - While not inherently bad, it's also just "meh". It's okay. I'd rather have cards that give your creatures trample and just march your dinosaurs through your opponents, and/or bigger and better creatures.
Jaya, Venerated Firemage - Why? This is a waste of a good slot. Run Warstorm Surge and get a far better effect than her. If you want more damage then run Dictate of the Twin Gods . She's really not worth it.
Samut, Tyrant Smasher - This card is awful. Run any, and I mean any haste enabler instead. Her negative is awful and her passive is better on any other card. Honestly, run Xenagos, God of Revels . He's amazing, gives haste, doubles a creature's power, and add's their power to their toughness.
Temple of the False God - I've taken this out of most, if not all, of my decks by now. It's not great honestly. It seems really good, but if you get it early game then it's a dead land that stares up into you and slowly seeps the joy out of your soul, and if you get it late game then it's just an extra mana that really doesn't matter to you.
10 months ago
Atzocan Seer and some other mana dorks if you can get them, like Birds of Paradise , Llanowar Elves and Fyndhorn Elves . Artifacts to use, Fellwar Stone , Talisman of Impulse and Talisman of Unity . If you put in the artifacts you can take out a couple lands to make it fit better. For card draw, Guardian Project , Beast Whisperer , Primordial Sage and Soul of the Harvest . As long as 75% of your creatures is the tribe youre going for, its still tribal.
1 year ago
triproberts12 Hey bud! So do you not like Kindred Boon ? I'm going to swap it out for an Asceticism whenever I acquire one but I ended up liking the solid protection it brings. It may well be a tad expensive though. Thank you for pointing out Duelist's Heritage and its politicking ability! I haven't seen the card before. I agree that Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip is a little iffy, as I find it usually only flips when I have loads of big Dinos on the board anyway, and the land tutoring ability of Hour of Promise may well be worth it instead. I think I'll cut Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip for Hour of Promise and cut Onward / Victory for Blood Mist until I acquire a Duelist's Heritage (or I could include Blood Mist also and cut something else?). I'm not sure about cutting the Bellowing Aegisaur for Sakura-Tribe Elder only because of its combo potential with Forerunner of the Empire + Polyraptor . Is there any other Dinos that you think are weaker? What are your opinions about my exclusion of Atzocan Seer and Drover of the Mighty or the other cards in the Maybeboard? I really appreciate the help thanks awfully :)
1 year ago
- Cut 2 or 3 lands. You run 10 ramp without counting doublers. Or cut like 2 lands and 2 ramp.
- Courser of Kruphix Not a dino, just play ramp
- Oracle of Mul Daya Not a dino, just play ramp
- Reclamation Sage Not a dino, dino does it better
- Sakura-Tribe Elder Not a dino, replace with ramp, dino ramp
- Sky Terror Too vanilla, replace with ramp or dino ramp
- Scroll Rack You did this in Narset, wasn't tht great
- Eerie Interlude Not enough ETBs to count, if this is to dodge wraths boros charm and heroic intervention are better.
- Cacophodon I'm not seeing where you are going to benefit from untapping a single target
- Path of Mettle Flip
- Sylvan Library it's a great card, but I think you are trying to just ramp and get your value off your commander.
- Mana Geyser To me this is best in mono red or in something with X spells.
- Wayward Swordtooth Not that great in EDH
- Raging Regisaur it's in here for ping i think, you didn't seem to keen on it.
- Privileged Position
- Asceticism this and priv pos are both for protecting, with your 90 haste enablers I'm not sure i'd worry about protecting.
- Neheb, the Eternal If this is here to go infinite/near infinite with Aggravated Assault run the whole busted mana package that goes infinite with it (or at least more than just 1) Sword of Feast and Famine , Druids' Repository , Bear Umbra , Grand Warlord Radha , Savage Ventmaw
- Whispersilk Cloak Only having one of this effect seems odd
- Signets - I like the new lockets better. More mana but later on you can sac them to draw cards. Up to you
- Atzocan Seer idk, feel like i'd rather just kodama's reach. HIs second ability could be relevant.
You're missing a bunch of the best dinosaur cards in my opinion
- Commune with Dinosaurs Early gets a land, late gets a dino. Always replaces itself.
- Thundering Spineback Only a 5/5 but is an anthem and makes more dinos
- Carnage Tyrant Literally the best dinosaur ever printed, has all of the keywords you'd ever want on it but haste
- Burning Sun's Avatar Bolts something, bolts someone, and is costed correctly
- Rampaging Ferocidon So good it's banned in standard, shuts down other creature based decks. Can hurt you but likely you are winning if this is hurting.
- Verdant Sun's Avatar If you wanna flip your deck, why not gain all the life at the same time
- Runic Armasaur It's a dino, it's prison, it's got better stats than it's mana
- Overgrown Armasaur Reclamation sage-esque but on a dino
- Kindred Summons 7 mana, basically same as your creatures, and can double your creature count at EOT....
- Overwhelming Stampede Your average power is like 10 in this deck, +10/+10 and trample on everything ends games.
- Naya Charm First mode is meh, second mode can be good, third mode allows you to take out someone
- Charging Monstrosaur haste and trample and on curve
- Bellowing Aegisaur This thing gets huge fast, but doesn't have trample
- Iroas, God of Victory Not a dino, but is combat relevant, makes it easier for your dinos to get through and win
That gets you no where near where you need to be. To me you have too many enchantments might look there more.
1 year ago
Big smashy Naya decks can be a ton of fun! It kinda depends on what direction you want to take the deck, but if you're looking at the classic 'power 5 or greater matters' theme, here are some suggestions:
Remove: Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh Flip: This deck focuses more on casting big creatures, so the likelihood of flipping Chandra is very low. Firemane Angel: Very expensive for her effects. Better creatures and lifegain can be found. Gigantosaurus: Hilarious card, but the 5 green will be super hard to get in a three color deck. Legion Loyalist, Legion Warboss, and Ajani's Welcome: These cards are all geared towards a 'go-wide' playstyle that encourages lots of small creatures. That's not how Naya usually plays, and most of the rest of your deck isn't set up to support them. Light of the Legion, Swiftblade Vindicator, Dawn of Hope, Path of Discovery, Prodigious Growth, Urban Utopia, Bounty of Might, Flower / Flourish, Boros Keyrune, and Selesnya Cluestone: These are all cards that either don't mesh great with the rest of the deck, or are decent, but have cards that can usually do the same thing better.
Big Boyz: Meglonoth: Great power for 6 mana, and can really pump out damage both attacking and blocking each time around the table! Mycoid Shepherd: Pretty decent source of lifegain. Paleoloth: Graveyard recursion. Spearbreaker Behemoth: Gives your important stuff indestructibility! Spellbreaker Behemoth: Can absolutely wreck blue control. Woolly Thoctar: 5/4 for 3. Nuff said. Bull Cerodon: Really solid creature to keep bashing your opponent's with. Godsire: Can be hard to play, but will generate an insane amount of value if it stays in play. Stalking Vengeance: When your stuff dies, so do your opponents! Victory's Herald: massive boost to your field, especially with lifegain.
Mana Ramp: Gruul Signet and Selesnya Signet: Some of the best ramp for three color decks. Drumhunter, Exuberant Firestoker, Sacellum Godspeaker, and Sunseed Nurturer: Can be okay as ramp, while also synergizing with your theme. Mul Daya Channelers: can be either a 5/5, or help you ramp into one. Somberwald Sage, Beastcaller Savant, Birds of Paradise, Channeler Initiate, Chromatic Lantern, Commander's Sphere, Draconic Disciple, Llanowar Elves, Atzocan Seer, and Drover of the Mighty: All permanents with useful ramp abilities, some of which even have a few other potential synergies. Traverse the Ulvenwald, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Yavimaya Elder, Harrow, Journey of Discovery, Gift of Estates, Cultivate, Caravan Vigil, and Collective Voyage: Cards with varying effects that let you search up lands from your library.
Utility: Asceticism: Lots of protection for your board. Anger and Fires of Yavimaya: gives all of your creatures haste. Signal the Clans: Great tutor card for creature based decks. Loxodon Warhammer and Behemoth Sledge: Trample and lifegain on a stick. Domri Rade: Card draw, repeatable fighting, and a crazy ult. Deafening Clarion, Austere Command, Earthquake, Mizzium Mortars, Comet Storm, and Savage Twister: All have the potential to be near one-sided boardwipes.
Lands: Ancient Ziggurat: With a focus on creatures, this card is usually really useful. Command Tower: Should be in every commander deck. Naya Panorama and Jungle Shrine Kessig Wolf Run: Extra damage and trample. Contested Cliffs: Repeatable fighting for your beasts.
There are probably more suggestions I could make, and certainly not all of these cards need to go in. Just some different ideas for you to consider!
1 year ago
I would recommend, if you want to keep green, use it more for ramp than you are atm. I would also recomend replacing Slash of Talons with Lightning Bolt, Crested Herdcaller with Regisaur Alpha, Two Huatli's Snubhorn with Temple Altisaur's, Everdawn Champion with Atzocan Seer, balance the land a little more, maybe some Dual Shots and Ranging Raptors for ramp and enrage triggers, maybe one Ravenous Daggertooth instead of an Imperial Ceratops so you can get enrage lifegain earlier, it's also more of an earlier bait target for removal which will benefit you. Also Regrowth, Destructive Revelry for your sideboard. Otherwise removing green, adding in more red like Silverclad Ferocidons, Raptor Hatchling and Charging Monstrosaur and the white and red Ixalan Avatars, if you cut out the green you could also lean into more of the lifegain aspect with some give lifelink spells on your fliers then you can chump block small boys with either face or enrage dinos.