Solidarity of Heroes
Strive — This spell costs more to cast for each target beyond the first.
Choose any number of target creatures. Double the number of +1/+1 counters on each of them.
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Journey into Nyx (JOU)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Quest Magic RPG||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Solidarity of Heroes Discussion
1 month ago
First off, I like this deck. it has some of my favorite things, like elves, and +1/+1 counters. Second off, I find it funny that you have expensive cards like Doubling Season bumping elbows with a Druid of the Cowl.
I don't really know how to do transitions well, so here are my suggestions: Sage of Hours, Herald of Secret Streams, Simic Ascendancy, Spark Double, Blighted Agent, Cold-Eyed Selkie, Cultivator of Blades, Pir/Toothy, Hadana's Climb Flip, Prime Speaker Zegana, Master Biomancer, Mycoloth, Solidarity of Heroes, Fable of Wolf and Owl, Wild Beastmaster, and/or Gyre Sage. Also, I noticed that you were running 5 color lands (Lands that produce any color mana. I feel you should replace them with basics/other duals.
I hope this helps!
1 month ago
Thanks again! Awesome that you take the time out of your day to really give such an insightful comment.
I have been working on the deck after I posted it and even upgraded it a bit between your comment and me posting the deck, two of them are even cards you recommended! Bonders' Enclave and Gruul Signet. I also added Rogue's Passage to maybe sneak an attacker in.
I did actually buy quite a few cards a few days ago that just arrived and some of them are also cards you mentioned :D
I also added these ones, maybe you have some comments about them?
- God-Eternal Rhonas, it looks like it can combo quite well with Xenagos. Have you tried the cards?
- Mwonvuli Beast Tracker, I always find myself missing Trample so I thought this guy could help tutoring for it.
- Skarrg, the Rage Pits a worse Kessig Wolf Run but also a lot cheaper, and I am mainly after the trample effect (I think).
- Scavenging Ooze wanted a way to deal with peoples graveyard shenanigans.
- Mind Stone ramp! (basically added it because you mentioned it in Norin :P )
- Solemn Simulacrum there are other ramp cards in green but I just think he is a lot of value.
- I also swapped the Sedge Scorpion for a Deadly Recluse because even though I find it nice to have a early thing on the board that can deter people from attacking me before I have some of my guys out I found that a lot of attacks just went over it.
The things I will be cutting is the Scorpion and
- Mistcutter Hydra (I have other sources of can't be countered and it not doing anything else than that feels a bit week),
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir (too slow. Even though I love the prospect of being able to double the equipped creature and then have it applied to every other creather, it simply doesn't happen often enough and it doesn't provide value as soon as it lands because it would cost + mana for it to do so),
- Solidarity of Heroes (I have used it as a combat trick but it is too situational especially as I plan to cut some of the counter/hydra creatures),
- Twinflame (often when I am thinking of casting this I realize I would rather cast one of my creatures or wish it was a creature),
- Brash Taunter (thought it would be fun, but it is as I expected - way to slow), Flame-Wreathed Phoenix (I wanted a flying creature but and really only put this in for sentimental reasons but it just isn't doing anything, it is very unsatisfying to double it especially if it already have haste),
- Peregrination (don't think it's worth the cost, added other/earlier ways to ramp),
- Nissa's Pilgrimage (same reason as the other)
Let me know what you think about the cuts and if I could have made better ones!
Now for your recommendations!
- Lurking Predators Sounds like a great idea, would love to hear what you think should be cut from the deck too.
- The Great Henge Yeah I want a few of these, to go into some decks. Have on my "buy it on a bargain" list. Hopefully I can pick it up soon.
- Decimate and Hull Breach Looks like great cards, I have noticed that I really need to put some enchantment/artifact removal in and these two looks like great picks for it.
- Life's Legacy Very nice card! Will probably pick it up, but when do one have to much draw?
- Nature's Lore I was going to add one of these a while back as I thought i had one laying around but I couldn't find it and forgot to acquire one. Will put it on my list :)
- Rishkar's Expertise Added this one!
- Skyshroud Claim I like this card too, but I always find 4 mana ramp to be a little late. You think it's still pulling it's weight?
Beast Within Great card, will be adding this at one point
Berserk Never been a fan of killing my own creatures, but I guess the added benefit of being able to use it on an enemy is nice. I could also Berserk it and then sac it myself with any of the card draw cards. Will be looking out for one if I can find a really cheap one.
Momentous Fall Nice one! Will pick this one up for sure
Return of the Wildspeaker Will add this one too, bought a few of them already a week back but they are taking their sweet time arriving.
Lands I have already added the Bonder's Enclave and will be adding a Myriad Landscape as I have an extra one. I will also look to acquire the other ones. I am thinking of also adding Reliquary Tower as it's likely I will get more than 7 cards in hand after a sacrifice, Mishra's Factory as it's one of the only good manlands I have (doubt Kher Keep will do much here) I am also thinking of adding a Tectonic Edge to deal with other people's lands.
Most of the dragons you mention was about to go into the deck, but then I bought a Secret Lair and built a dragon deck instead. Will be looking into getting most of the dragons you mention here.
There's so many here, hard to pick and choose which to add! I will start with the ones I know I want in Eternal Witness because there is always something that's worth casting twice, Kogla, the Titan Ape can remove a lot of stuff in one go as I can give it haste too, Ilharg, the Raze-Boar been looking to add this guy since day one! But they have always been so over priced in my local market about 7-8$! I managed to find one yesterday for $5! So hopefully it will find it's way to me tomorrow :) Reclamation Sage need more removal so this on should be a given, Sakura-Tribe Elder need a bit more ramp so I can get it out more reliable so this one a good one. Was going to add a Fierce Empath when I opened 2020, must have forgotten!
I am also looking to add Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma and Lifeblood Hydra but they are hard to find in my local market. The other ones I will add to my list and pick them up if I can get them cheap, to at least switch out for some others and see what fits my play style the best!
Would love a Deflecting Swat (in Norin too), but my local market have it quite high, and I think I can find more impactful cards for cheaper. Oh I will definitely upgrade for a Vines of Vastwood and look for a Blossoming Defense, right now my biggest defense against spot removal is Archetype of Endurance but it's so expensive to cast!
There are a lot of cards here that you have mentioned that I have both already added and want to add now that you have brought them to my attention, so I will have to do a lot of cuts and would love to here your thoughts on what should be removed (and if the cuts I already did where good ones) would also love why you think I should remove some cards over others.
Thanks a lot for yet another deep look at my deck! Really appreciate it :)
1 month ago
Cards to remove:
1x Panharmonicon. It’s slow to get out, and doesn’t do enough for you (most of your creatures won’t trigger it)
4x Titan Forge. Getting a 9/9 out on turn 7, after spending 12 mana, is a rip off. Even speeding this up a little, doesn’t make it great.
1x Foundry Hornet. In our playgroup the only relevant hit will be Blood Artist, and that’s gunna hurt you more than the creature.
2x Chief of the Foundry. This guy just doesn’t help the gameplan enough. His +1 boost will quickly become irrelevant compared to the counters on everything
Things to add:
2x Throne of Geth. This will give you more sac outlets as well as more ways to get counters
2x Lands. 20 seems really low, i think you want 22. If you add 2 of something like Buried Ruin, then you can always get your guys back if you’re getting land flooded.
2x Solidarity of Heroes. I can bring these on Friday. A good way to become even bigger quickly.
2x Abrupt Decay. I can also bring these on Friday. It feels like they might be useful for dealing with problematic cards other people play.
I think also try to even out you mana colours. You want about half-half black and green - for your winding constrictor on T2. Everything else of colour gets played later anyway when you’ll have ample of both colour. So maybe swap 2 swamps for 2 forests
1 month ago
Your commander should be entering with nearly all the keywords via a Cavern of Souls, so destroying things when they come in will really only hamper your opponent.
Solidarity of Heroes over Doubling Season just for the fact that as soon as you drop the season, everyone will focus you to death, and season doesn't really stop that on its own. Solidarity is a battle trick that coupled with doublestrike (which you should basically always have) is an insta win.
This is a great list, and I will be amending my own Kathril with some of your cards, so thank you very much!
2 months ago
Looks good! You might like these: Cauldron of Souls, Riftsweeper, Eternal Scourge, Daring Fiendbonder, Death's Presence, Titanoth Rex, Void Beckoner, Hydra's Growth, Invigorating Surge, Solidarity of Heroes, Fireshrieker, Inquisitor's Flail, Skullclamp, Pitiless Plunderer, Grim Haruspex, Savra, Queen of the Golgari
2 months ago
obviously this deck is somewhat novelty but it seems fun! +1
2 months ago
Glimpse of Nature is a classic elf combo card and could be good here. Here are some others you might like: Chord of Calling, Wirewood Channeler, Viridian Joiner, Elvish Guidance, Skyshroud Poacher, Vanquisher's Banner, Solidarity of Heroes, Wren's Run Packmaster, Genesis Wave, Tooth and Nail, Woodland Bellower, Elvish Spirit Guide, Wild Growth, Shamanic Revelation, Elvish Promenade, Coat of Arms, Hardened Scales
4 months ago
Grismold is really cool. You might like these: Forbidden Orchard, Eternal Thirst, Blade of the Bloodchief, Pitiless Plunderer, Seed the Land, Genesis Chamber, Ezuri's Predation, Parallel Evolution, Eldrazi Monument, Fallen Ideal, Inner Demon, Cauldron of Souls, Hardened Scales, Winding Constrictor, Corpsejack Menace, Solidarity of Heroes (surprise commander damage!)