|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Journey into Nyx (JOU)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Solidarity of Heroes
Strive — This spell costs more to cast for each target beyond the first.
Choose any number of target creatures. Double the number of +1/+1 counters on each of them.
|Have (3)||geazykagar , simicstudent , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (3)||Txport , NiceKrispyTreat , DEasy353|
Solidarity of Heroes Discussion
3 hours ago
Myth is rad. I wish it was draw two... and maybe a third thing. Or just if it just cost 1 mana lol
Souls might is p good for Skullbriar or Kalonian Hydra , but it’s also shoehorned
I prefer Solidarity of Heroes over biogenic. But it gets stumped if you don’t have counters already out
2 weeks ago
Ulvenwald Tracker can be good to kill opposing creatures.
2 weeks ago
Out: Solidarity of Heroes - Does amazing things or does nothing.
In Disciple of Bolas - More draw with some lifegain tacked on.
2 months ago
This is a tricky one, I would seriously consider splashing a third color for access to cards that fetch artifacts like Fabricate but the mana fixing becomes a serious issue. I would happily drop AEther Membrane to do this but a three color deck just sounds inherently unreliable in terms of mana.
I mainly wanted to try to build around Isochron Scepter and my thoughts other than straight burn would be Doom Blade , Geth's Verdict , Mana Leak , Angelsong , Assassin's Trophy , Bile Blight , Commencement of Festivities , Dampen Thought , Dash Hopes , Deflecting Palm , Essence Scatter , Feed the Clan , Growth Spiral , Heroes' Reunion , Increasing Vengeance , Nourish , Raise the Alarm , Redirect , Solidarity of Heroes , Turn to Frog , Twincast , Veil of Secrecy , Whitesun's Passage .
I don't know, it just seems like the scepter could be a really awesome addition to a lot of decks but you would want the scepter plus a fetch for it as well.
2 months ago
Hey, nice budget deck. Rome921 gave you some good advice, but I don't think you want to be aggro. I think you want to be midrange and use your graveyard with Skullbriar :)
Sit back let the counters accumulate on Skullbriar until your ready to strike. I say midrange because there's some setup here that needs to happen before you can seriously start attacking and doing Commander damage with Skullbriar. The setup is not aggressive cards they're midrange cards.
Never cut one drop mana dorks. In fact consider adding more: Llanowar Elves , Elvish Mystic , Fyndhorn Elves , Arbor Elf ? They're a huge reason to want to play green in Commander. Maybe they don't interact the best with Skullbriar since he's only two mana to start, but they create ramp for other cards that you want to play which are just as important than Skullbriar.
Greater Good is too good of repeatable draw with Skullbrair's ability to keep his counters and it's a sac outlet. Sac outlets help to get value, able to sac Skullbrair in response so he isn't constantly going back to the Command Zone just choose to instead put him into your graveyard. Carrion Feeder , Yahenni, Undying Partisan , Ashnod's Altar and Evolutionary Leap are other sac outlets to consider. Skullbriar doesn't loose counters when he's put into your graveyard this makes him a good target for sac outlets and reanimation to bypass Commander tax. Just don't recur him, have to reanimate him, skipping your hand and putting him right onto the battlefield.
Journey to Eternity Flip has been suggested and it's good with sac outlets to sac the creature enchanted to flip it to then have a repeatable way for five mana to reanimate Skullbriar. Animate Dead , Unearth and Vigor Mortis are more ways to reanimate Skullbriar. Don't be afraid to put Skullbrair in your graveyard; if your graveyard gets exiled when he's in it, he doesn't get exiled, you can choose to put him back into the Command Zone.
Ring of Kalonia , Evolutionary Escalation , Kalonian Hydra and Reyhan, Last of the Abzan ($5) are no mana cost repeatable counter engines with Skullbriar. Increasing Savagery and Solidarity of Heroes can put a lot of counters on Skullbriar for the mana costs. Deathrite Shaman and Scavenging Ooze are Golgari staples, especially good in multiplayer Commander where there's four graveyards to choose from.
Swiftfoot Boots and Canopy Cover can help to protect Skullbrair. Boots also has haste good with reanimated Skullbrair and Cover gives evasion. Regrowth , Treasured Find and Eternal Witness can recur any one card from your graveyard good to get back reanimation spells or anything else.
If you like some of these suggestions I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
- I love this commander and think you've got a great start and idea, but you need to fully commit to the fact that this deck is all about Skullbriar being huge and smashing face, or one of his friends doing it. .
- You should put in Increasing Savagery , Hardened Scales , Solidarity of Heroes , Reyhan, Last of the Abzan , Fungal Behemoth , Vastwood Hydra , Retreat to Kazandu , Predator Ooze , Blessings of Nature to push the +1/+1 theme to the max. .
- Now, 2nd problem is having big creatures without trample. I see Tuskguard Captain and you've got Rancor already, which is 100% awesome and reusable, but you should have 2 reusable trample activators, so I recommend also adding Ring of Kalonia . .
- Having big creatures attacking also is usually stopped by awkward blocks. You need slightly better cheap removal so I recommend Titanic Brawl , Ancient Animus , Abrupt Decay . .
- 3rd Problem is when they actually block and kill something because they have no other way to deal with it. Make them hate blocking by just having Mer-Ek Nightblade on your field. And then resummon stuff with Journey to Eternity Flip! .
- 4th Problem is when you're smashing for 17 trample damage a turn, but they've got some stupid elf-shaman combo or human-ally combo that gains them 20 life a turn. And now they're at 55 life. Awkward. Get a sneaky kill in instantly with Tainted Strike on one of your big trample guys, just make sure you were about to do 10+ normal damage, and surprise win. (please put Tainted Strike in, even if you ignore every other card I suggested) .
- 5th Problem is your life-total. Sometimes you just need your 12/12 to have lifelink. Best way is Loxodon Warhammer , plus it gives you another trample activator!! .
- Also for ramp you should include Incubation Druid and Rampant Growth . I'd also use hexproof enabling with Alpha Authority .
- I would definitely remove the following since they don't fit with your deck idea overall to make room: Elves of Deep Shadow (don't need), Longtusk Cub (it ain't ever gonna happen), Witchstalker (useless against a red/white/green deck), Gaze of Granite (since it kills your things too), Animation Module (its slow and you should have better things to do with your mana than make 1/1s), Cloak and Dagger (no rogues, it's slow, Alpha Authority is better), Golgari Signet should be replace with Golgari Cluestone so you can sac/draw when you don't need mana anymore. Manalith (you have an aggro curve, don't need THAT much ramp), Plague Boiler (you're not a control deck), Skullclamp (since we're taking out Animation Module , you've got enough good draw), Wayfarer's Bauble (Rampant Growth is better), Greater Good (you're aggro not a graveyard-based-conrol deck), Preferred Selection & Primitive Etchings (because again you're not control, you want to be aggro). .
- I would also cut down on the # of fancy lands that don't add b/g, and play a few more basics for fetching with your ramp cards and being able to play commander on turn 2 more likely.
2 months ago
I'm not sure how much the +1/+1 counter theme works with Vorosh. I think the fact that he has to connect to get any means that you're probably better off using a general that has them built in, like Reyhan, Last of the Abzan + one of the simic/dimir partners.
That being said, I think I'd cut Vigor (I think you want counters on evasive creatures, which makes this a bit less impressive, since those probably won't be getting in combat as much), Bred for the Hunt (This is too cute. You're gonna have creatures without counters enough of the time that I think you'd prefer to play Coastal Piracy , which I don't think is particularly good here), Simic Ascendancy (too slow unless you're comboing and it's gonna make you/it a target if you are), Fireshrieker (I've never liked this card, even with big creatures), Solidarity of Heroes (too all in, imo).
I like: Hadana's Climb Flip, Chasm Skulker , Managorger Hydra , Verdurous Gearhulk , Villainous Wealth (I play this in all my Sultai decks, though that's partially just because I think it's so fun), and Viral Drake
2 months ago
I have had fun with Vivien Reid in an elf tribal deck. Elvish Clancaller fits right into the theme. With only Joraga Warcaller adding counters, I would tend to replace Solidarity of Heroes and Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip with Cryptolith Rite .
While Primordial Hydra is great late-game, it might slow you down early (but I might be saying this because I only have 2 in my files and have never really played it), while one or two Beast Whisperer and one or two Collected Company can speed up the deck. I also like the idea of being able to flash in something like Heroic Intervention to protect my attacking army.
While I would lean toward trying to speed up the deck while dropping the average cmc, it is clear that this will probably blow the budget. I do, however, have an elf tribal deck that could benefit from some of your cards that I had not considered.
Solidarity of Heroes occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%