|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Eldrazi
When you cast Desolation Twin, put a 10/10 colorless Eldrazi creature token onto the battlefield.
Desolation Twin Discussion
6 days ago
Ran the Eldrazi theme for a bit (One or two Months) and test played, I've realized they're to slow for my group so I have decided to leave a few of them in the deck and have gone a different route. Hopefully, you guys notice the changes. There was a lot! Trying to get more token generation in without hurting my deck too much and I'd like to add Concordant Crossroads and Hooded Hydra to the deck. Also, do you guys think I should add Desolation Twin instead of Kozilek, the Great Distortion ? Also, do you guys think I have enough ramp to take out Selvala, Heart of the Wilds for something to make room for other cards? Also Siege Behemoth will be replaced by God-Eternal Rhonas once he comes out. Feedback would be greatly appreciated, guys!
2 weeks ago
definitely change the format of this from "legacy" to "casual".
you don't have nearly enough sources of mana to cast your big spells. a deck with cmc 4 cards needs 24 lands, and a deck with cmc 5+ cards needs 24 lands plus mana ramp. with 21 lands, only about 1/3 of your draws will be lands. that means if you want 10 mana for Desolation Twin , you're gonna need to be about 30 cards deep in your deck, putting you at turn 23 at least.
instead of running 1 or 2 of so much stuff, pick the best ones and run 4. this will drastically improve consistency.
1 month ago
@[email protected]_only Glad that you like it. You COULD include All Is Dust is your sideboard, but seeing that you have around ANNIHILATOR 50, I don't think that is is necessary. And While World Breaker , Oblivion Sower and Sire of Stagnation are all powerful cards, they don't have the pure smashing power of Desolation Twin or Void Winnower and that is what im really looking for in my sideboard. I also don't need to include Sire of Stagnation because I have Kozilek, Butcher of Truth who automatically refill my hand regardless of how many cards I had in there prior. While I looked at Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger , Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre has more potential for any possible doomsday devices. Shuffling my graveyard into my library is just an added security feature(just in case. You'll never know what you'll com across). He also has Annihilator which is always a plus.
2 months ago
Hey, fellow 'Laddie brewer! Stopping by to suggest some ideas to your deck.
It looks like you're mostly trying to go wide with tokens, and occasionally punish with big bois, or all the big bois. I noticed you have several token makers, but not enough big bois to make tokens of, or copy makers themselves. In this scope, allow me to suggest a few cards and possible pieces you could directly replace. These suggestions are rather minor as I don't want to change the scope of the deck entirely, as it should still be yours. :)
- Trading Post in for Whirlermaker : 4 mana and tap to make a dude is too expensive. A better option is to put in good ol' Trading Post as it makes a 0/1 goat for 1 mana and 1 life. Remember that life is a resource too, and at 40 in EDH, 1 life won't make that much of a difference. Besides, Trading Post does it all! Draws a card, recurs artifacts, creates tokens, and gains life. Excellent piece for any artifact deck.
- Cyclonic Rift for Aether Gale : This is the first big money upgrade I'm suggesting. I understand if you want to maintain a budget, but consider splurging on a CyRift if you see the chance to trade for one or come across some extra dineros. It bounces EVERYTHING except for your big bad bois, so you can swing out and win.
- Chaos Warp : Izzet suffers from the ability to remove enchantments or exiling in general (other than very few spells like Lava Coil or Curse of the Swine , two cards you also may want to consider as removal), so having a card that can hit anything is imperative. Chaos Warp at $2ish does just that. At instant speed! Oh, I'm about to get swung at with an unblockable Blightsteel Colossus ? Nope that noise. They've got Propaganda or Sphere of Safety ? Tuck it away! Thus, your chances to win increase even more. Like your number of tokens.
- Twinflame : Cheap copy maker, and you can make even more copies of more things, but only one is enough for Laddie to create an army. It's a bulk-ish card so it shouldn't hurt the budget.
- Desolation Twin : Another bulk card that makes a token on entry?? Excuse me?? Yup. Gives you a free 10/10 token on arrival that Brudiclad would like to use as a template. No annihilator, though, but an army of 10/10s is NOTHING to laugh at.
- Master of Etherium : A cheap, stronger, yet more vulnerable alternative to Darksteel Juggernaut. For three mana, its P/T is also equal to the number of artifacts you control, but it gets better. Other artifacts you control get +1/+1, meaning that EVERY Master of Etherium buffs the rest, giving you effectively twice as much power as the same number of Darksteel Juggernauts. And the cheap mana cost means you can pay to make a token of it on the same turn, then swing out with 10 tokens with 19/19. That's death. lol
- Flameshadow Conjuring : This card's worth a couple of bucks, but it's an enchantment that makes a token of anything you play for red. One mana. That's it. With Etherium Sculptor out, you would pay full price for a big beater AND a token of it that Lad is going to replicate. This card sees plenty of hate, so be way of when you play. Also, the token goes away at end of turn, so make
- Dance of Many : Old, cheap enchantment (costs UU to play) that makes a copy of ANYTHING on the board. Has a UU maintenance cost at the upkeep, but it doesn't matter if you already made other copies and swung with them all.
I invite you to look at (my build)[http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/brudiclad-the-big-bad-boi-builder/] and compare lists for ideas. Again, I didn't suggest many changes because I don't want to take away from the deck; it should still be yours. Lemme know what you think of these changes!
2 months ago
Also, Deceiver of Form is fun.
2 months ago
Pretty sweet deck!
Also if you're looking for some bigger tokens, Desolation Twin can be pretty sweet together with token doublers.
3 months ago
Since Nikya is your commander, you can play 12 mana creatures the turn after he comes out, and that's impressive. Here's a few budget options. Ancient Stone Idol , Darksteel Colossus , Desolation Twin , Pathrazer of Ulamog , Artisan of Kozilek , Ulamog's Crusher , It That Betrays , Primeval Protector . Some other fun cards are hydras like Heroes' Bane , Polukranos, World Eater , and Primordial Hydra .
3 months ago
I LOVE IT! Absolutely love it! The only changes I would suggest are the following:
Take out Rakdos's Return , sure it is a good mana sink but I feel either one of the mana rocks from above would be better placed, or maybe even Showstopper to finish the game out when a board wipe happens.
Have no clue to what you could take out for one of these bad boys, but I would suggest adding in something that could end the game like Artisan of Kozilek , Colossus of Akros , Void Winnower , Desolation Twin , or Ancient Stone Idol . All of these may not be Rakdos theme, but they are great ways to end a game through damage. They could be the "Center Pieces" of the show.
Desolation Twin occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%