|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs. Tezzeret (DDF)||Rare|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Rare|
|Fourth Edition (4ED)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Construct
Triskelion enters the battlefield with three +1/+1 counters on it.
Remove a +1/+1 counter from Triskelion: Triskelion deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (13)||Sparky41 , rockleemyhero , GeminiSpartanX , Ashy , greanbeaner , BlueMageBrandon , sonnet666 , Friedrice24 , frederiklw , mziter501 , Unlife , Forkbeard , Va1mar|
|Want (4)||pskinn01 , Turtlelover73 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , aeonstoremyliver|
1 day ago
Lots of goodies to consider before Disciple likely. Sitting here looking at:
- ramp (Elvish Mystic, Bloom Tender, Gaea's Cradle, Cabal Coffers/Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth)
- midrange-y goodness (Grave Titan, Avenger of Zendikar, Craterhoof Behemoth, Lord of Extinction)
- a Necrotic Ooze combo (Walking Ballista, Phyrexian Devourer, Mikaeus, the Unhallowed/Triskelion)
- dredge package (Golgari Grave-Troll, Stinkweed Imp, Life from the Loam)
- table drain (Gray Merchant of Asphodel, Exquisite Blood, Massacre Wurm)
- attrition package (Merciless Executioner, Fleshbag Marauder, Desolation)
- creature based targetted removal (Reclamation Sage, Caustic Caterpillar, Woodfall Primus)
- stax package (Thorn of Amethyst, Sphere of Resistance, Contamination, Null Rod)
- tutor package (Buried Alive, Birthing Pod, Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Sidisi, Undead Vizier)
- better sac outlets (Phyrexian Altar, Ashnod's Altar, Viscera Seer, Greater Good)
- general good stuff (Sylvan Library, Damnation, Mana Crypt)
3 days ago
Also, on Walking Ballista, as long as he hits the field with at least 1 +1/+1 then it can kill everybody. Since he comes back with a +1/+1 he has infinite ping damage.
3 days ago
Always happy to see another Mikaeus deck pop up, but I have top warn you that Walking Ballista recieves +1/+1 from Mikaeus, meaning it'll have to use it's counter to kill itself. With a Zulaport Cutthroat, or Blood Artist it should be no problem however.
Otherwise, I'd simply recommend putting in the mono-black staples(as well as Triskelion).
Otherwise, good luck. Wish you all the best with your deck!
1 week ago
Hello, and welcome!
I'm in class currently so I can't look too thoroughly at your list, but I can post mine: The Mimeoplasm V3 for you to compare and get some ideas from. Mine is a bit more of a combo list but there are some very good cards that are relatively cheap and very effective.
From what I can see, I would add more effects that bring cards from your graveyard to the battlefield as your main form of recursion. With mimeoplasm your graveyard is one of your most important resources. You want the ability to be able to get whatever you want out of it when you need it. I would also include a little more point removal and maybe some more ramp. You can never go wrong with a Beast Within or Explosive Vegetation.
I would also add some things to put cards into your graveyard. Deadbridge Chant is an excellent way to hit multiple of these points and is very cheap as well. It is fairly efficient to get the engine running in my deck and can sometimes slip under the radar until you bring back something huge.
The Mimeoplasm is an absolute blast to play, and there are so many ways to play him. My best advice is to decide on what you want your wincon to be, and then attempt to get to your wincon faster and faster. Whether that's comboing out with counter strategies like Sage of Hours / Triskelion , or with commander damage using Death's Shadow and Gaea's Revenge to one shot people, or even milling your oppenents out or milling yourself to win with Laboratory Maniac.
1 week ago
the real combo with Mikaeus is Mikaeus + Triskelion.
- cast Mikaeus, the Unhallowed
- cast Triskelion and activate his ability 3 times. 2 will hit the opponent in face, 1 is used to self-destruct Triskelion. (but since Mikaeus gives him undying he comes back).
- From here on Triskelion will activate his ability to deal 3 damage to opponents face, and 1 to commit suicide, then come back
- You declare that you're doing the combo like 200x which gives 600 damage straight to a face or to wipe board with.
- In multi-player just kill one person a turn is alright.
(always be sure when you're large-combo(ing) Triskelion to always leave him with 1 counter to self-burn otherwise if you need to do this combo several times in a row)
2 weeks ago
Thanks for your suggestions patrikl. I considered Gate to the Afterlife when it was printed but never tried it; I'll give it a second look. Triskelion and Pentavus were in the original deck list and eventually removed for less expensive creatures. I still try to avoid infinite combos, and Nether Traitor adds very little to the deck on its own.