|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs. Tezzeret||Rare|
|2011 Core Set||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Construct
Triskelion enters the battlefield with three +1/+1 counters on it.
Remove a +1/+1 counter from Triskelion: Triskelion deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
1 day ago
1 day ago
AGage7 thanks for your comment, your deck seems very strong and funny.
2 days ago
Idk if you have changed this up or not since 2015 but you can look at mine and see what you think and pull cards from it. It wins a lot and I love this commander because ever game is different. Also Mikaeus, the Unhallowed is what you need for Triskelion its and infinite combo.
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 2 | 2 COMMENTS | 288 VIEWS
4 days ago
My Meren duel commander deck started out much the same way, a budget deck based on the pre-con with a couple dozen cards I had lying around that fit the deck and has grown from there. I am going to throw a couple of cards I think you might want to run in no particular order but feel free to take a look at my deck and make some comparisons.
For a start I would look at your instant-speed removal. Fatal Push, Dismember, Abrupt Decay, Go for the Throat and Smother are all cards I would run in any duel commander deck in golgari colours though Smother only really gets good once you are in a competitive meta where fast games keep the average CMC of creatures low enough to keep Smother relevant.
Since you are already running Buried Alive/Jarad's Orders and Victimize I strongly suggest you run Mikaeus, the Unhallowed and Triskelion as a way win the game on the spot. Mike and trike are individually powerful cards and mike especially synergies very well with most of what a Meren deck is trying to do in general. More often than not you don't even need Trike to win with Mike in play. Another great wincon for Meren is Blood Artist.
Overall I think you creature count is a bit low, though I can understand that you are making room for stax pieces. In no particular order take a look at Lotleth Troll, Scavenging Ooze, Liliana, Heretical Healer Flip, Wood Elves and Thragtusk. Each one of those creatures are all-stars in my deck.
I worked out after much testing that cutting all non-creature mana acceleration was the way to go, but your mileage may vary.
5 days ago
Why didn't you just update your Spring Into Death deck list? There's only like 2 cards different, haha.
Now on to the real meat:
Mikaeus, the Unhallowed Combo
- Turn 1: Play a one drop ramp creature.
- Turn 2: Play Buried Alive and fetch Mike and Triskelion.
- Turn 3: Play Victimize, bring Mike and Trike out and ping infinitely to win.
Or tutor for Defense of the Heart and win the turn after you cast it.
Necrotic Ooze Combo
- Play Buried Alive or Survival of the Fittest.
- Grab and put Triskelion and Phyrexian Devourer into the graveyard, and get Necrotic Ooze into play.
- Make sure Necrotic Ooze gets out last if using Survival to tutor them.
- Remove all cards from your library to burn opponent(s) for the CMC of all cards in your library.
Once it's out, the only thing that can interrupt this is Split Second since you can respond by adding and removing counters.
Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord Combo
This requires some knowledge of how the stack works.
- Exile cards from your library until Phyrexian Devourer's ability is put on the stack.
- In response to the ability, continue exiling cards to beef him up more.
- Still before allowing the sacrifice to resolve, sack him to Jarad to smack your opponents for a ton of damage, similarly to the aforementioned Ooze-combo.
Colorless Mana Combo
- Have/get Ashnod's Altar in play.
- Play Nim Deathmantle.
- Play Grave Titan, pop up two 2/2 tokens.
- Sack the two tokens to Altar, then sack Titan to get a total of six .
- Use 4 of that to make Deathmantle grab Titan back and get you two more tokens
Repeat this as many times as desired, netting 2 colorless mana every loop.
1 week ago
I know Mikaeus, the Unhallowed + Noosegraf Mob = an unending zombie horde, the card is just a little out of my price range for buying singles right now. I'm mostly interested in the card because it pumps the team and keeps everyone from dying....but that is a cool interaction too. Less immediate of a wincon than combining it with Triskelion but still good.
Thanks for the comments.