Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature gets +1/+0 and has flying.
: Return Gryff's Boon from your graveyard to the battlefield attached to target creature. Activate this ability only at any time you could cast a sorcery.
|Have (2)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , metalmagic|
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad (SOI)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Gryff's Boon occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Gryff's Boon Discussion
1 month ago
I'd focus on enchantment ramp (à la Wild Growth, Wolfwillow Haven, Overgrowth and Sheltered Aerie) over the artifact ramp and things like Rampant Growth. This could be supplemented with things like Arbor Elf, Voyaging Satyr and Blossom Dryad.
To my mind, if things like Ancestral Mask, Soul's Majesty and Rishkar's Expertise are working out, it's because you're already winning. I'd rather run things like Gryff's Boon, Messenger's Speed and Madcap Skills - I'd also work on reducing the overall CMC of your enchantments.
I'd also think about adding something else you can win with (if Uril becomes uncastable or is otherwise removed). Fleecemane Lion could carry a handful of aura's. Alternatively, Siona, Captain of the Pyleas + Shielded by Faith with Emblem of the Warmind or Fires of Yavimaya.
1 month ago
I'd cut Brave the Sands, and AEther Web as they don't offer relevant evasion for Messenger's Speed, and Madcap Skills. I'd cut Runes of the Deus and Eldrazi Conscription as they're too expensive for Setessan Training and Angelic Gift.
The +1 of Garruk Wildspeaker (alongside all the Enchantresses) makes me think you should run more things like Trace of Abundance (rather than things like Darksteel Ingot), but they don't play well with Realm Razer.
2 months ago
2 months ago
Neat idea! Few things came to mind.
Looking at the list, Hushbringer seems a nice compromise between Tocatli and Hushwing Gryff.
Wavebreak Hippocamp seems like it would be a nice include, as a second Rashmi that also counts as an enchantment for the purpose of enchantresses + Kestia triggers.
One that might be worth running--even with the Rest in Peace--is Gryff's Boon for the cheap CMC evasion + the ability to recur if it ever falls off.
2 months ago
I like playing white weenie in pioneer, so please see my bellow recommendations.
I recommend removing 2 plains and adding 2 Knight of the White Orchids because the knight acts as a quasi plains and it's awesome to play it on turn 3 because you get to put a plains onto the battlefield and then play your land for turn, thus, giving you 4 lands on turn 3.
I recommend removing the Legion's Landing Flip and the Gryff's Boon for 3 Boros Elites because it is a lot of fun attacking with 3 creatures on turn 3 and making the elite a 3/3 creature (that's a lot of 3's :D).
In terms of the sideboard, you are only allowed 15 cards and you currently have 17 cards, so I would remove the Scavenger Grounds because you already have Rest in Peace and I would remove 1 Selfless Spirit, as you already have Unbreakable Formation to prevent against board sweeps.
I hope that helps.
5 months ago
My suggestion would be to run Flickering Ward over Whip Silk. Having more ways of protection and evasion is never bad. Only downside is you have to be careful to not remove auras already attached to your creature with protection from green and or white. Also would consider Gryff's Boon, more evasion and it is re-curable.
6 months ago
I don't like the 0 cost equipments much. Yes, they draw a card, but no, they don't help you win. They're good in a storm shell. One that capitalizes on Aetherflux Reservoir . I'd suggest Loxodon Warhammer , Gryff's Boon and other cards that are either cheap and good or strong and help a long, 5-player game.
Darksteel Mutation is great removal, and an aura that'll draw a card off Sram.
You are one of the few colors with a lot of boardwipes. And since only one player is blue, you'll usually not have any counterspells in your way. Single Combat is great for a equipment deck. Austere Command and Winds of Abandon are one sided boardwipes with your deck. Citywide Bust may work well depending on the other decks.
7 months ago
- there are several ways to go about this. I prefer the dont touch me method Merica' Enchant. By using cards that tax my enemy(s) to attack me I can successfully stall into the late game and never worry about my life total. Once i get there i use value town to win the game.
- Your method is much more of the "bogles" method. Utilize creatures like Gladecover Scout and Slippery Bogle to a good creature to pump up. It has hexproof so removing them are hard. These cares a like 1$ a copy roughly. Kor Spiritdancer is really good as well but more spendy. As for budget enchantments I would use 4x Ethereal Armor 2x Gryff's Boon 3-4x Hyena Umbra 4x Spider Umbra 2x Spirit Mantle . If you want to spend more money get Rancor and keep the Daybreak Coronet. If you go thsi rout i recommend 26 enchantments roughtly and about 13 creatures. Dryad Arbor is an interesting creature to look at (dont run more than 1 or 2 being its also easy to kill, and its a land). Path to exil is the best removal in the game in your colors. Id run 2 to help deal with probelmatic cards your friends might be playing. Leyline of Sanctity can also help you out if they have target player spells.
- Either way you go lands help so much. Espically when they tap for 2 colors and dont enter tapped. It helps smooth things so much. Temple Garden are a good investment and so is Razorverge Thicket . If you really want to get fancy Horizon Canopy are also really sweet. If you end up with the boggles rout youll need about 19 lands total. If you for bigger and better spells, Then its not as clean cut id have to look at your spell curve, I am gonna guess itd be 22-24 lands.
- If you want more feed back let me know. If you need help with other decks let me know as well.
- Also being you are considering Spirit mantel. Its gives it hex proof from creatures, and cannot be blocked from creatures as well. It also prevents all damage from creatures so it really helps.