|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs Kiora (DDO)||Rare|
|Born of the Gods (BNG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Return all creatures to their owners' hands except for Krakens, Leviathans, Octopuses, and Serpents.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (32)||Dr.Jackel , ZombieFood , LoneCrusader399 , Antiat , ChainerDragon65 , Famicomania , frederiklw , thetechzombie , VGJustice , joshw335 , Psycheretic , gildan_bladeborn , jstn.mrrtt , bakeraj4 , Mortiferus_Rosa , ironax , Yawkcorb , , Pelli , NCN946 , sonnet666 , saj0219 , chrysaries , gvlassek , duff87 , philktoken8998 , MattN7498 , twistedmage , vashaclarens , golgarigirl , mziter501 , CastleSiege|
Whelming Wave Discussion
5 days ago
I would cut in creatures, to get consistency in your polymorphing. You don't need more than 20 creatures (in my opinion). Replace the ones that creates token to get enchantment, lands or artifact that do the same.
Control Magic, Domineering Will are amazing, stealing stuff and giving you sac targets. Some lands like Cradle of the Accursed, Dread Statuary, Mishra's Factory, Zoetic Cavern and more could also be interresting sac target.
5 days ago
Why playing Docent of Perfection Flip if you only have 15 instant/sorcery?? Also, if you polymorph and get Hangarback Walker, it enters the battlefield as a 0/0... and die immediatly. To me, there's probably too many creatures. You gain consistency in your polymorphing by lowering the amount of creatures in the deck, getting more or less the same cards every game. You don't need a lot of big guy, just enough to not run out of them in a long game (less than 20 should be enough).
You already have a lot of creatures that has evations, so Archetype of Imagination might not be the best option, except if it's to make you opponent creatures lose flying. If you really want to give flying to your creatures, I propose Wonder. It's a good creature to sac with Jalira.
I would also consider Fatestitcher to untap Jalira (or any mana rock you have). Freed from the Real is a good option as well, that you can't fetch with Jalira (so you won't "waste" your turn to get a 1/2)
I hope it helps !
2 months ago
Thanks! This look very useful and Im definitely keeping it on tab. But maybe add a couple more that you missed including.
2 months ago
2 months ago
This deck looks sweet, and I really like some of the cards you've got in here (especially Lunar Mystic, never knew an effect like that existed), but I feel the deck is somewhat lacking in direction. You've got some sweet stax pieces (Rising Waters and Ward of Bones), some awesome instant/sorcery support (Lunar Mystic and Disciple of the Ring), along with tons of other cool cards. Overall I think you need to pick a theme and stick to it. There are some cool cards in here that don't really have synergy with the deck (Grozoth, Riddlekeeper and small mill package, and the Donate + Illusions of Grandeur combo).
I don't have that much in the way of suggestions, since I don't know which of your themes you want to focus on. However, here are some things that synergize nicely with your commander. Forcing creatures to block is very powerful with Tromokratis, since it forces them to block with their entire team if possible. In addition, preventing their creatures from blocking or tapping them down basically makes him unblockable, giving you a fairly quick kill. Courtly Provocateur can either make utility creatures attack and die or force creatures to block, making your commander's swing into a pseudo-board wipe. Grappling Hook is a repeatable form of this effect that also grants double strike, turning your commander into an incredibly powerful beater.
Now, on to ways to stop creatures from blocking to make Tromokratis unblockable. Tamiyo, the Moon Sage is a great source of card draw that can also tap down troublesome permanents. Frost Titan, while probably the worst of the titan cycle, is still a troublesome card to deal with, and can lock down permanents. If you're willing to commit to running numerous colorless sources (and you've already got a bunch of colorless rocks), Endbringer can prevent big things from attacking, basically give Tromokratis unblockable, and even give you card draw. Fatestitcher is a great card in mono-blue, since not only does it serve as ramp, it can also tap down problematic stuff at instant speed.
Finally, some general blue good stuff. Cyclonic Rift is one of the best removal spells in the format. Whelming Wave can occasionally serve as a one-sided board wipe. I'm not sure if you have a reason for excluding Sol Ring, but otherwise it definitely should be making the cut.
I think you might want to cut back on some of the non-basic lands you've got in here, even if just to slightly improve the odds on Scrying Sheets. Some of the stuff you've got in here (Magosi, the Waterveil) just seems like a worse island in the vast majority of situations.
Sorry if this comment was overly general, let me know what kind of direction you want to take with the deck and I'll try to give you some more specific suggestions.
2 months ago
This isnt standard, change it to modern. If you areplaying casually this will do pretty good. If you want another fun casual deck, look up extort. Its pretty fun and makes it hard for your opponents to win as you bleed everyone equally. Another really fun casual deck is to buy a bunch of leviathan, serpent, whale and octupus creatures and play Whelming Wave and Quest for Ula's Temple
3 months ago
Take out: Jace, Memory Adept, and Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip, and Jace's Phantasm walkers don't win you games in modern mill, they waste mana, and are too slow. Phantasm is ok at best, usually too little too late. Get yerself some Hedron Crabs to replace these.
Mesmeric Orb and Crypt Incursion should be in your MB. NEVER put more mill in your SB. You need protection from your rival decks, not more gas. Your game 1 should be full throttle, if you can't win with speed or hit a block in your strategy, games 2&3 is where you account for opposing problems. That's what your SB is for.
Mod it, and I'll take a look and see if I can help u further.
3 months ago
Criaturas que sacaria:- Fyndhorn Elves Llanowar Elves Elvish Visionary , Elvish Mystic monos que dan mana? mejor pon el trio de muros que se ayudan: Overgrown Battlement Vine Trellis Sylvan CaryatidDe cualquier manera es mejor poner mana rocks creo yo.
Ezuri, Claw of Progress: y pa que este mono aca, si no es pa ser el comandante es re poco lo que ayuda.
- Simic Sky Swallower , Sagu Mauler.- bicho grande..con velo/hexproof.
- Altered Ego, Phyrexian Metamorph .- monos toolbox, siempre ayudan, son buen soporte.
- Edric, Spymaster of Trest .- robar si haces dao..no esta mal.
- Horizon Chimera .- viendo que quieres robar harto..cae sentado.
- Kruphix, God of Horizons .- mano al maximo, no se pierde mana.
- Kydele, Chosen of Kruphix .- mana incoloro para bichos grandes.
- Lorescale Coatl .- si vas a robar harto..este es el bicho!! con arrolar...uff!
- Progenitor Mimic .- copias a cada rato, vamos copiando muros..o bichos del oponente.
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter .- puede servir..hacer correr el mazo..es una opcion.
- Acidic Slime .- mono toolbox..siempre util.
- Terastodon .- con UG no mataras muchos bichos, esto puede ser util.
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger .- el mono que puede decidir el juego..ojo que deja tapeadas tierras rivales ;)
- Kefnet the Mindful .- aqui tiene para activarse rapido.
enchants:le sacaria:Mind Over Matter .- esta carta es buenisima..pero aqui no pega con niuna puta wea.Ni recuperas cartas, ni giras permanentes a excepcion de tierras.nah.
- Bounty of the Luxa .- un poco lento..pero puede ayudar
- Zendikar Resurgent .- opcion barata si no tienes Mana Reflection
- Exploration .- si puedes conseguirle..con dolar bajo..es una wena idea.
- Leyline of Anticipation .- bichos con flash!! ou yeah!
- Garruk, Primal Hunter .- Garruk Wildspeaker pseudo ramp.
- Nissa, Steward of Elements.- Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury rampea y controla
- Time Warp ? turno extra??? o sea nunca viene mal..pero es un poco inconexo..hay cosas mejores.
- Praetor's Counsel .- cartaza, recuperas lo botado, mano al maximo.Para finish.
- Temple Bell .- imagino que es por el Mind Over Matter en un mazo verde/azul hay mil weas mejores que tratar de millear
- Urban Evolution, Pore Over the Pages , Harmonize.- buenos cartones mid tempo para robar.
- Simic Charm .- protege bichos, agranda bicgos..uff.
- Unexpected Results .- si te decides por monos garndes..uff demoledor.