|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Return to Ravnica (RTR)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for up to two creature cards and reveal them. Put one into your hand and the other into your graveyard. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Jarad's Orders Discussion
3 weeks ago
If this were my deck and I needed to make cuts from the list I would trim the following:
Oashra Cultivator seems a little slow but does have the advantage of being something your opponents will likely leave alone.
Champion of Stray Souls expensive and was a bit clunky when I used it. Would need haste for it to be worth it.
Deadbridge Chant the 'at random' part seems unreliable in a deck where your graveyard will be pretty big. YMMV.
Svogthos, the Restless Tomb is another card I tried hard to make work but it really needs trample to be useful. I'd sub in Geier Reach Sanitarium here though so this isn't really bringing the deck down to size.
Nyx Weaver just not a fan personally, it does fill the task of priming the graveyard.
Jarad's Orders good card and I use it in my Meren deck but since it only ends up putting one card into the yard maybe it doesn't make the cut here. It does draw you a creature too but I'm working on the assumption you're trying to turbo as many creatures into the yard as possible so this doesn't do enough on that front.
You may want to consider Command Beacon so you can cut down on the cost of recurring Izoni [though that might give you reason to keep the Excavator, etc]
Hopefully this might help you in making some decisions on what to cut.
1 month ago
Hey, looks good, nice job adapting the Guild Kit into a Commander deck :)
There's a few cards here that can be upgraded with better budget cards:
- Regrowth > Recollect
- Farhaven Elf > District Guide: Farhaven puts a Basic Forest or Swamp directly into play not into your hand.
- Putrid Imp > Erstwhile Trooper
- Dread Return > Vigor Mortis: reanimation spell you can potentially use twice.
- Carrion Feeder > Golgari Rotwurm
- Viscera Seer > Drooling Groodion
Other budget cards to consider adding:
- Command Tower: one of the best lands in Commander.
- Tainted Wood
- Golgari Thug
- Fauna Shaman: can be a repeatable tutor, puts a creature into your graveyard and then you tutor for any creature from your library. Very good with a dredge creature as a way to constantly get it into the graveyard.
- Jarad's Orders
- Diabolic Intent
- Animate Dead
- Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Reclamation Sage
- Krav, the Unredeemed: sac outlet and draw engine, good creature to sac with Jarad since he can get a ton of power.
- Seasons Past: powerful spell with graveyard strategies.
- Tortured Existence: discard a creature card to recur any other creature from your graveyard. Good when dredge creatures are in your hand.
- Nyx Weaver
- Phyrexian Delver: good target for Protean Hulk
- Beast Within: unconditional permanent instant removal it's a staple green card in Commander.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Creeping Chill
- Undercity Uprising
- Status / Statue
- Rolling Spoil
- Vigorspore Wurm
- Swarm Guildmage
- Sisters of Stone Death
- Rot Shambler
- Rhizome Lurcher
- Slum Reaper
- 1x Forest
- 1x Swamp
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
When I first saw your deck, I laughed and assumed it was just an excuse to use Ghoultree, but when I read the commander text, I see a lot of cool potential to use classic golgari dredge graveyard spells and abilities to fill up the graveyard. Some suggestions off the top of my head:
Green/Black also has lots of spells that self mill or tutor and put something in the graveyard. Jarad's Orders is just one example.
Keep brewing! love the idea
1 month ago
The biggest issue I have with the deck is consistency. I just think the number of tutors is a lot.
Do you think having Meren of Clan Nel Toth as the commander could solve this?
What do you think?
1 month ago
Solid foundation for a Muldrotha deck especially on a budget but there is a lot of stuff in here that really could go.
There is some cheap stuff you could add to really improve things Acidic Slime Plaguecrafter Final Parting Living Death Wood Elves Oblivion Sower Noxious Gearhulk Disciple of Bolas Mulldrifter Shriekmaw Fleshbag Marauder Putrefy Solemn Simulacrum Jarad's Orders Ashnod's Altar tho its a little pricey Commander's Sphere Sunken Hollow Darkslick Shores Llanowar Wastes
Things you should cut immediately: Archeomancer Archetype of Endurance Body Double Brawn Golgari Findbroker Ixidron Mystic Snake Necrotic Ooze Nekrataal Nyx Weaver Pestilence Demon Phyrexian Devourer Torrent Elemental Triskelion Cancel Perpetual Timepiece
Things that should come out eventually
Eventually you will want to overhaul your landbase as well
2 months ago
2 months ago
I think Doom Whisperer and Jarad's Orders fit what you want to do with the deck, so I don't think I'd cut those. And I can't think of any reason to cut Ashnod's Altar. Panharmonicon I'm not sure on. You'll have to play it and see how it works out for you.