|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature has ": Add one mana of any color to your mana pool."
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Paradise Mantle Discussion
1 week ago
Oloro_Magic Thanks for the feedback :) Brainstorm is definetely better pick... With Puresight Merrow + Paradise Mantle you can get to anything you need, so no need for scry, I would probably prefer a few more counterspells :)
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Yeah :D +1 from me for the first real weird tribal list i've seen.
1 month ago
Still not enough equipment to reliably combo, I think. You only need 1 creature to win... right? And then that one is loaded with things. So - 1 each of Kor Duelist, Etched Champion, and Goblin Gaveleer, and -3 Militant Inquisitor. The last one - the inquisitor - looks good, but it never gets its toughness out of Lightning Bolt range, and costs 3 mana.
Instead, more equipment: Accorder's Shield, Bone Saw and Paradise Mantle. This doesn't necessarily give a very strong attacker, but then you add in a couple of Ghirapur AEther Grid. That's an unexpected end from a deck, that seems to be all about small creatures and cheap equipment. But this only works if you have a pile of artifacts, therefore the additional equipment.
In regards to manabase: More scry-land, less random tapped-land. In this deck, finding equipment is important, gaining 1 life is (usually) not. Perhaps consider Darksteel Citadel as it can tap to activate Ghirapur AEther Grid.
1 month ago
in conjunction to what xyr0s suggests, I'd try and trim down your card count.
Anything over 60, and you decrease the consistency of your deck. You lose versitility, but you'll be more likely to draw your key pieces, when you need them.
I have a deck somewhat similar to this Korappy that uses a lot of these tactics. It was a budget-tribal build, but it may give you some other ideas.
Hope this helps!
1 month ago
Another big update incoming. It's something that is part of my plan to try something out of the ordinary with white: a storm win!
I wil explain this playtest using the card changes:
- Austere Command : This card just hits too many of my own non-creature stuff now.
- Solemn Simulacrum : Part of the change is that I am looking into ramp using mana rocks
- Extraplanar Lens : Same as above
- Burnished Hart : Same as above
- Mangara of Corondor : Can be missed and I need his slot for a new card
- Silverblade Paladin : Does not synergises with Sram, being an creature.
- Relic Seeker : Being the slowest tutor, which gives me an extra slot for a new card
- Knight of the White Orchid : I am looking into ramp using mana rocks for my new gameplan
- Armory Automaton : Can be replaced, too narrow
- Paradox Engine : This will untap my mana rocks to get a storm of equipment brewing
- Aetherflux Reservoir : My new alternative wincon besides being Voltron orientated.
- Gilded Lotus : New mana rock 1
- Thran Dynamo : New mana rock 2
- Mind Stone : New mana rock 3
- Mana Vault : New mana rock 4
- Paradise Mantle : New mana rock 5
- Mana Crypt : New mana rock 6
- Mox Opal : New mana rock 7
As you can see, this first update - a new alternate gameplan - might need some more improvements while we start testing. If you have any suggestions, knowing that I want to keep it voltron, but with a storm twist. Then let me know!
2 months ago
actually, one of the reasons Tolaria West is so good is because it can transmute for lands.
What a gift!