Creature — Human Druid
: Gain /
Whenever you tap Zhur-Taa Druid for mana, it deals 1 damage to each opponent
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Common|
|Ravnica Allegiance: Guild Kits (GK2)||Common|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Heroes vs. Monsters (DDL)||Common|
|Dragon's Maze (DGM)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Zhur-Taa Druid occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Zhur-Taa Druid Discussion
1 month ago
Earnest Fellowship is great in a multicolour-centric deck like yours. It's definitely worth including, but it will be somewhat of a nonbo with some of your targetting spells.
Supply / Demand is either a tutor or an army in a can.
Dragon Arch not only tutors, but will put the creature directly into play for you.
Archon of Valor's Reach can save you from boardwipes or spells you know your opponent might cast. Very useful to have in your deck.
Guildmages' Forum can distribute some free counters occasionally. It's not the most powerful card, but it's free value and filtering on a land.
Pillar of the Paruns is also pretty great in your manabase.
Vivid Revival seems like a great choice for card advantage in your deck, though doesn't necessarily do much when your Commander is out.
You're missing out on some multicoloured ramp creatures: Zhur-Taa Druid is such a good ramp card in multiplayer. It ends up dealing so much damage if played early. Knotvine Mystic seems to fit perfectly. You should definitely pick up a copy of Mirari's Wake.
In terms of cuts, Asmira, Holy Avenger, Bloodshot Cyclops, Gruul Spellbreaker and Conclave Cavalier seem like a good place to start. I would start by adding more ramp since this is what you're missing most.
3 months ago
Update Log (4/9/20)
3 months ago
Ulasht is one of my favorites! There are many lines of play that you can take for powerful endgame plans, and you've got a lot of them in here.
Some changes I would make start with trimming down your mana curve. Your creatures are almost all haymakers. The way it stands, your gameplan is a bit too slow. I would begin by choosing a few big creatures that have the most impact and supporting them, cutting the rest. Avenger of Zendikar is a great card, but works better with a higher land count. Deus of Calamity has no immediate board influence. Same goes for Borborygmos. I do like Hornet Queen, Vigor and I would choose between either Dragon Broodmother OR Dragonlair Spider. Add in Craterhoof Behemoth, or, if that's out of budget, End-Raze Forerunners as a great win condition. Tendershoot Dryad is amazing, too.
Other important additions are mana dorks. They are the most efficient way to ramp into your larger things, while also making Ulasht bigger. Llanowar Elves, Elvish Mystic, Arbor Elf, Fyndhorn Elves, Boreal Druid, Zhur-Taa Druid, Radha, Heir to Keld all want to be in this deck. You're in green, so mana rocks not named Sol Ring or Mana Vault/Crypt can be dropped. Fecundity, too, as you don't have enough sac outlets to really garner a lot of value.
I would also say that your land count is low. Even with a bunch of mana dorks, you'll be mulliganning far more often than is comfortable. Add in a few more dual lands, or even basics, to smooth that out.
Hope some of this helps!
3 months ago
I always pictured Champion of Lambholt mainly in a token deck, but with Ant Queen or Jade Mage my board would be unblockable pretty quick. I never realized the similarities between Zhur-Taa Druid and Klothys, God of Destiny.. that’s a change I will make for sure. Thanks
3 months ago
4 months ago
Zhur-Taa Druid? Only gives you tho...but it pings.
5 months ago
There are a couple of more permanent Damige Doublers that I'd like a bit better than Quest for Pure Flame like Furnace of Rath and Gratuitous Violence. Also, if you want to be mean to people, I'm pretty sure you should try Ruric Thar, the Unbowed. I knwo he can hit you as well, but chances are people are gonna be more concerned with him. You can also try Zhur-Taa Druid because he fits in the theme and is ramp.
Try an mitigate some heavy loss of life with Loxodon Warhammer and Shadowspear and maybe include a tad bit more recursion. I'd also try running Wildfire just to mess with people, but you might need some help recovering from that.
7 months ago
BMHKain but it's so much easier to add cards haha. These are the cards I would cut:
- Auriok Champion - is somewhat restrictive in 5 colors, and the card isn't very impactful.
- Zhur-Taa Druid - Does not produce colors that you wouldn't already have, and the damage is negligible in most scenarios.
- Thalia's Lieutenant - Requires a more token-based strategy to be impactful.
- Knight of the Reliquary - Situational mana fixing that doesn't ramp in your build.
- Burning-Tree Emissary - Not great at mana fixing, only seems good if you've already assembled a nice recursion engine at which point you probably don't need this.
- Champion of the Parish - Kinda vanilla.
- Crucible of Worlds - Doesn't seem that impactful. Dragon's Hoard or Coalition Relic would be better in my opinion.
- Odric, Master Tactician - Needs at least 4 dudes on board to work, and seems to be most useful when you're already winning.
- Metallic Mimic - Not very impactful here.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation - Not very impactful here.
- Emergence Zone - You already have a couple other things that do this better.
- Anafenza, the Foremost - Unless your playgroup always has a graveyard deck at the table, I would take this out. Anafenza can hose you if somebody copies or steals it.
- Lavinia, Azorius Renegade - To me this kinda just reads "nobody can cast Pacts", which isn't that great an effect.
- Fatespinner - This card is more a minor annoyance than a threat.
- Angel of Glory's Rise - Great effect, but exiles your general. Patriarch's Bidding might be better.