|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Heroes vs. Monsters (DDL)||Common|
|Dragon's Maze (DGM)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Druid
: Add to your mana pool.
Whenever you tap Zhur-Taa Druid for mana, it deals 1 damage to each opponent
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (5)||ironax , Fiolek , bakunet , brentkc49 , XxCataclysmiCxX|
|Want (6)||edster , snowmaster55555atgmaildotcom , mini_tb , mlouden03 , kovellen , ohreamsy|
Zhur-Taa Druid Discussion
4 days ago
Biggest issue I see here is a lack of focus and not enough creatures for a creatures only matter deck.
Animar, Soul of Elements wants two main things: Cast creatures and get +1/+1 counters to cast larger creatures. Everything in the deck should be focused on those two goals.
Setting up the deck to achieve this purpose will make it efficient and powerful. All cards should therefore do one of the following:
- Ramp up to Animar.
- Protect Animar.
- Place counters on Animar.
- Cast game ending creatures for cheap or free.
- Draw cards to allow us to do 1 through 4.
Priority should be given to cards that does something now > does something before your next turn > does something on your next turn > does something eventually.
Because Animar offers a discount based on creatures played, the deck shouldn't be filled with only high cmc game enders, but creatures from low to high cmc, preferably with as little colored mana symbols as possible, to give the deck a natural progression to casting free or cheap high cmc game ending creatures.
Let's split the deck into 3 parts. Pre-Animar setup, Post-Animar setup, Finale.
Note that $: (0 to 0.99), $$: (1.00 to 4.99), $$$: (5.00 to 9.99), $$$$: (10.00 to 19.99), !$!: (20.00+)
Unnecessary on a computer, very helpful on a phone.
- Exotic Orchard is pretty good and cheap and can usually offer every color in multiplayer, especially if an opponent has a Command Tower out or even a Vivid Grove without even needing charge counters. - Kazoo lands such as Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks, and Gruul Turf are good in casual EDH where there is lack of land destruction and they artifically increase your deck ammount by posing as two lands in one. Though overall you do not want too many tap lands as you'll constantly be a entire turn behind.
- Zhur-Taa Druid creature ramp & burn. $
- Bloom Tender creature ramp. !$!
- Coiling Oracle ramp or card draw. $
- Cyclonic Rift removal or 1-sided board wipe. $$$$
- Explore ramp and card Draw. $
- Sakura-Tribe Elder creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Sylvan Caryatid creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Beastcaller Savant creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Kiora's Follower creature ramp or vigilance on a stick. $
- Rattleclaw Mystic creature ramp and color fix. $
- Walking Atlas potentially free creature ramp. $
- Simic Charm so versatile. $
- Lightning Greaves Protection and quick haste for a large creature. $$
- Spellskite For those , & removals. $$$
- Ring of Kalonia Ramp every turn and makes Animar a lot more threatening. $
- Sage of Fables Emergency card draw. $$
- Pestermite Vigilance, chump blocker vs flying or stopping a giant creature. $
- Guided Passage One of the best card draw and pick your poison spells ever. $$
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal A creature hardened scales and specific tutor. $$
- Cloudstone Curio An auto include if you can afford it. $$$$
- Temur Ascendancy Makes all your casted creatures threatening and some card draw. $
- Phyrexian Metamorph Costs 2 life and can do so much for you. $$$
- Solemn Simulacrum Free ramp, chump blocker and card draw. $$
- Faerie Artisans It doesn't look like much, this is card can get crazy. $$
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend A growing monstrocity that explodes into cards. $$
- Silent Arbiter Protection against swarm decks. $$
- Xenagos, God of Revels Game ender. $$
- Vesuvan Shapeshifter On your upkeep, you may pay to clone the biggest and baddest mofo on the field. $
- Deepglow Skate Potential huge ramp for just . $$$
- Progenitor Mimic Very dangerous to copy one of the heavy hitters in this deck. $$
- Consecrated Sphinx All the card draw. $$$
- Deadwood Treefolk Repeatable creature recusion. $
- Steel Hellkite Situational, but very deadily against token decks. $
- Great Oak Guardian Great, quick surprise block when tapped out. $
- Pathbreaker Ibex Quick, game ender. $$
- Thunderfoot Baloth Setup for getting past defenses. $$
- Scourge of the Throne Depending on the situation, can be deadly. !$!
1 month ago
I think you might want to cut Savageborn Hydra. It's a pretty fun little card, but it dies to Fatal Push and needs to be cast for a whopping 6 mana to survive Lightning Bolt. As these are two of the most often played cards in Modern, you're gonna be a in a world of trouble. I'd consider adding something else for the early game--I'm a big fan of Sylvan Caryatid, as it both provides ramp and a pretty solid blocker.
If you plan to play more competitively (as indicated in your forum thread), you should also build a sideboard. I'd suggest adding some artifact/enchantment hate to deal with decks with threats you can't fight.
1 month ago
Oké, kon me niet echt concentreren maar hier wat suggesties alvast. Doen wel even samen naar kijken volgende keer, dan kan ik ook wat duidelijker vertellen wat en waarom. :)
Misschien ook leuk: Devastating Summons, Scourge of Skola Vale, Burning Earth, Incandescent Soulstoke, Ingot Chewer,Garruk's Packleader, Tornado Elemental, Regal Force, Soul of the Harvest, Chandra, Flamecaller, Hammer of Purphoros, Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, Boundless Realms, Fresh Meat, Blood Sun, From the Ashes, Ember Swallower, Zendikar Resurgent, Heaven / Earth, Titania, Protector of Argoth, Greenwarden of Murasa, Tilonalli's Summoner, Undergrowth Champion, Hull Breach, Decimate, Viridian Emissary, Borderland Ranger
1 month ago
The single biggest thing I could suggest is more Lands and/or a lower curve and/or a bunch more mana dorks/accelerants.
I always use the table at the bottom of this article by Hall-of-Famer Frank Karsten as a starting point, and with an Average CMC (as I type this) of 3.25 and only 7x mana dorks, something like (at least) 25x Lands or (at least) 4x more dorks/accellerants would go a LONG way towards making the deck run more smoothly. As a comparison, the three competitive-ish Gruul decks run ...
- Titan Shift (Ave CMC ~2.7): 26 Lands, 10 dorks/accelerants
- RG Eldrazi (Ave CMC ~2.6): 22 Lands, 6 dorks/accelerants (or 10 depending on how we count the Eldrazi Temples)
- Ponza (Ave CMC ~2.7): 21 Lands, 10 dorks/accelerants
Good luck (and good skill) with the brew!
2 months ago
Things to add:Kodama's Reach,Explosive Vegetation,Stomping Ground,Sunpetal Grove,Rootbound Crag,Canopy Vista,Cinder Glade,Artifact Mutation,Aura Mutation,Hour of Reckoning,Cathars' Crusade,Impact Tremors,Warstorm Surge,Dragonlair Spider,Craterhoof Behemoth,Avenger of Zendikar,Rhys the Redeemed,Champion of Lambholt,Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite,Psychotrope Thallid,Iroas, God of Victory,Nacatl War-Pride,Kamahl, Fist of Krosa,Gahiji, Honored One,Eternal Witness,Mirari's Wake,Collective Blessing,Glare of Subdual,True Conviction,Sylvan Library,Privileged Position,Sterling Grove,Selesnya Signet,Commander's Sphere,Darksteel Ingot,Mind Stone,Gavony Township,Decimate,Hull Breach.Things I'd cut:.Grove of the Guardian,Llanowar Reborn,Mogg Hollows,Transguild Promenade,Vivid Meadow,Gruul War Chant,Rites of Flourishing,Zendikar's Roil,Animist's Awakening,Broken Bonds,Gaea's Blessing,Ground Assault,Martial Coup,Molten Disaster,Tempt with Vengeance,Sporoloth Ancient,Thallid Germinator,Verdeloth the Ancient,Zhur-Taa Druid,Vedalken Orrery,Worn Powerstone
2 months ago
2 months ago
A few suggestions:
Shape of the Wiitigo is quite expensive for what it does
Primeval Bounty expensive card for what it does
Primal Vigorchances of you casting this, then passing and letting your opponents use it first are high, imo.
Death's Presence you don't have that many creature to benefit from this.
Ashling the Pilgrim seems like a weak board wipe. Might be okay, though, but expensive.
Jugan, the Rising Star is just kinda bad, and you can do better for 6 aman
Rage Forger1 damage across 2-3 creatures won't make a big difference, even if it's across a few turns.
Soul's Might I don't think this is good.
Verduran Emissary Scrounging Bandar Keldon Overseer Fungal Behemoth Citanul Woodreaders Burst Lightning seem okay, but work nicely with what you're trying to do. Maximising on kicker is the way to go, imo.
Rishkar's Expertise goes in almost every green deck. It's crazy good, especially with a giant commander.
4 months ago
Updated my deck today. Incorporated your suggestions based on my access to these cards on paper. For my sideboard, I chose Zhur-Taa Druid over Horned Kavu for a more early direct player damage. It's also easier for me to get the former (in paper) in my area. Other than that, I've adjusted my deck based on your given suggestions. Thank you, guys! Your further inputs will be appreciated.