|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Dragons of Tarkir (DTK)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Draw a card for each creature you control with a +1/+1 counter on it. Those creatures gain indestructible until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Inspiring Call Discussion
2 days ago
Your deck contains several cards that generate tokens. I think your deck would fare better if you'd remove those and instead invest more into getting creatures that either generate counters or benefit greatly from them. There are several budget and non-budget ways of doing this. Here's some of the budget ways (they're not Hydra-themed, but suit your strategy very well):
- Gyre Sage: in your deck, this would be one of the best ramping options ever;
- Wild Beastmaster; works well in your deck; boosts all creatures when attacking;
- Forgotten Ancient; combination of Managorger Hydra and Spike Rogue;
- Champion of Lambholt; no +1/+1 counter deck should be without her;
- Bloodspore Thrinax; an even better version of Wild Beastmaster (because counters all work when defending :))
- Juniper Order Ranger; more counters!
- Renegade Krasis; adding counters can get pretty insane with him around.
- Inspiring Call: nice draw spell and gives all your creatures indestructible for a turn;
- Map the Wastes: ramp and bolster in one card; noice!
- Elemental Bond: because basically every creature you cast, is strong enough to allow you to draw a card.
- Death's Presence: one monster's death, is another's power.
- Hardened Scales: add a counter for whenever counters are added :)
- Bow of Nylea: gives a whole host of options, one of which is adding +1/+1's.
Some less-budget (more expensive) options, would be:
- Selvala, Heart of the Wilds: great ramp and card draw creature.
- Vigor: your creatures grow by being dealt damage.
- Primal Vigor: Not quite a Doubling Season but close.
- Ajani, Mentor of Heroes: great walker with a primary ability tailor-made for this deck.
Sorry for the long post. Hope you find some of this to be useful. Happy gaming!
2 days ago
You gotta run Doubling Season, it's nuts here. Gavony Township a good way to get counters. Reflecting Pool is a good land, and you may wanna up your land count by at least a few. Scavenging Ooze is solid, Inspiring Call. Just a few to consider. Good luck!
4 days ago
Really like the deck. A few budget cards I find useful in my counter deck: Cauldron of Souls and Inspiring Call help you protect against crearure removal. Since you will be able to take off the -1 counters you can keep bringing them back after death. I am suprised to see how little graveyard reccursion there is considering your running the best colors for it. Necromantic Summons is good and gets you the creature back with some counters already on it. Your gonna want ways to bring creatures back since they will be big targets after they get huge. Lifecrafter's Gift hits all your creatures instead of one. Savage Summoning can surprise opponents with a blocker or just play a creature on end step before your turn so your creature doesnt have summoning sickness. Best used on a card thats really scary and does alot for you since it cant be countered. Scavenging Ooze graveyard removal and gets big quick. Festercreep since your dudes will be pretty big he can get rid of most of the board or just the pesky tokens.
1 week ago
Hey Jimmy how about Inspiring Call? Draw cards protect my creatures seems good.
2 weeks ago
I love big, silly green decks like this. Here are some affordable suggestions to smooth this out some, and make it more consistent.
- You need a little more ramp. Utopia Sprawl would play nice with your Voyaging Satyr + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx synergy.
This alone lowers your curve a bit. I think 23 lands is fine.
If this doesn't leave room for enough of your favorite hydras, ignore advice from the bottom up :)
2 weeks ago
To help with card draw, you could include Inspiring Call, Grapple with the Past and possibly Ghirapur Orrery (it does benefit your opponents symmetrically, but your deck would probably use it most effectively). There are also many creatures that draw you cards relative to +1/+1 counters: Armorcraft Judge,Prime Speaker Zegana, Fathom Mage to name a few.
I am working on a similar build, Atraxa Lands deck (EDH), which started as a Noyan Dar, Roil Shaper deck but needed access to more colors to better utilize Awaken cards and man-lands. There are certainly more options to choose from in 4 colors. Thanks for sharing your deck!
3 weeks ago
For the budget-friendly thing you've got going, Surrak is pretty good. He supports any Temur build, but he fails to push it any specific direction (besides maybe just good stuff?). I used to have a Surrak deck myself, but eventually switched him out for Maelstrom Wanderer since I like Enter-the-BF effects a lot and random/chaos plays.