, : Gain .
|Want (2)||NMJohn , DragonSlayer13245|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Common|
|Ravnica Allegiance: Guild Kits (GK2)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Gruul Signet occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.06%
RG (Gruul): 1.41%
Gruul Signet Discussion
3 days ago
Your average converted mana cost is low enough to go to 33 or 34 if you had mana dorks.
- Holdout Settlement and Survivors' Encampment are just Springleaf Drum on lands. These are reasonable, depending on how hard your game plans need Kalamax or not.
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter: Rashmi is incremental advantage. You and both know that you are going to play cards on other people’s turns, so why not get free stuff for doing so? Wavebreak Hippocamp does the same thing if you want more of this effect.
- Birds of Paradise, Llanowar Elves, Elvish Mystic, Arbor Elf, Priest of Titania, Rattleclaw Mystic. I prefer creature-based ramp if I’m playing . Most of these cards will Pod into Corridor Monitor, Deceiver Exarch, and Pestermite.
- Spellseeker: Spellseeker grabs most of the instants and sorceries in your deck and more food for Prime Speaker
- Torrential Gearhulk: Snapcaster Mage #2 aka Fatcaster mage. The 5/6 body is nice for when games go longer than expected.
- Thing in the Ice
Flip: I noticed that you don’t have ways to protect yourself. If played earlier, you can flip Thing in the Ice and reset that battlefield. It was dumb in other formats, it’s dumb in EDH as well.
- Niv-Mizzet, Parun: End-game beater and a storm card. Not necessary but strong.
- Creature Tutors: Finale of Devastation, Eldritch Evolution, and Neoform. More tutors for consistency.
Instants and Sorceries
- Reality Shift and Rapid Hybridization: Good removal outside of and . Do you really care about a 3/3 beast or a 2/2 manifest token? I don’t……
- Manamorphose: Just a good cantrip in Temur.
- Swan Song: Another good counter spell, but you have that covered pretty well. Once again, no one cares about one 2/2 bird….no one…
- Reiterate: Goes infinite with Turnabout and Dramatic Reversal and or more mana. However, I think Isochron Scepter is just better if infinite mana is the goal.
- Nature's Lore: This is only and grabs any forest onto the battlefield. Most of the time, you are going to tutor for Forest, so why not grab Breeding Pool instead?
- Raging Ravine: Ok, it has your colors. Are you ever going to activate this man-land? Also, it comes in tapped. Gross….
- Arch of Orazca: I think Arch is better in decks that lack access to card draw. You’re in . Drawing cards, most of the time, is not going to be a problem for you.
- Frilled Mystic and Mystic Snake: I’ve fallen for this trap too. I don’t want to pay for a counterspell on a weak 2/2 body. Compare these two cards to other mana spells like Cryptic Command. This cards counters, protects, and draws cards. I prefer utility creatures with more flexibility.
6 days ago
Only things I'd add are a few ways to make Gishath unblockable, some cheap mana fixing artifacts like the signets and talismans, and more card draw.
Unblockable: Whispersilk Cloak and Rogue's Passage Mana: Boros Signet, Selesnya Signet, Gruul Signet, Talisman of Conviction, Talisman of Impulse and Talisman of Unity Card Draw: Return of the Wildspeaker, Lifecrafter's Bestiary and Mask of Memory. Maybe even more draw than that because big creature strategies are really susceptible to boardwipes and will have a hard time recovering
Maybe True Conviction too for Double Strike and Lifelink
Also Etali, Primal Storm if he can fit in the budget because free-casting your dinosaurs and other peoples stuff is nice
2 weeks ago
It looks to me, from a quick count, that you're running around 18 tutors, counting your creatures that tutor. That could clear the path for 9 draw spells and 9 ramp spells, balancing you out pretty good.
Sol Ring is a staple in most EDH decks, but honestly, it won't help you ramp into your commander very well. Other two-drop rocks or two-drop land ramp spells would be ideal. Moving into the two-drop land ramp spells will push you more into green, however, and I don't know how that will affect your deck. If you're looking to keep the same mana base, two-drop rocks would be the answer.
Two-Drop (or less) Rocks:
- Arcane Signet
- Fellwar Stone
- Gruul Signet
- Golgari Signet
- Selesnya Signet
- Orzhov Signet
- Talisman of Conviction
- Talisman of Impulse
- Talisman of Unity
- Talisman of Resilience
- Wayfarer's Bauble
- Sol Ring
I'm not sure how important the Commander is for this deck, or if it's just a placeholder for colors. If that's the case, you could probably look to more three and up CMC rocks, but ideally, keeping it around two is going to be more efficient for you deck.
Now, if Saskia is merely a placeholder for colors, you could look into some of the Partner options in these colors, one of which would allow you to run Tymna the Weaver, which adds a card draw spell to your command zone. If you have card draw available in the command zone, then you can more easily get away with running fewer draw spells in your deck, because you'll always have access to it. With this in mind, you have some options to look at. You don't run a high creature count, so getting creature damage early could be a challenge, and thus prevent you from refilling your hand. But, it's an option worth considering. I do see the combat benefits that Saskia does offer you for this deck, and understand if keeping her as the Commander is your preference.
I hope this presents some options for you to consider.
1 month ago
Hey, looks like a cool build! just at a quick glace id recommend swapping out a few ramp cards
hope this helps =)
2 months ago
i would replace Fellwar Stone with your 6th signet Gruul Signet and take out Sakura-Tribe Elder since it's literally your only non-wurm. plus you can run every green ramp spell instead. also not sure about all your populate stuff you only have 7 things that make tokens
3 months ago
A couple things:
1) minus 30 points for having monocolor cards in your deck. (joking, of course)
2) are you sure about all of your rocks costing 3 mana? You should definitely be running Sol Ring and should probably be running the signets (Boros Signet, Selesnya Signet, and Gruul Signet) and the talismans (Talisman of Unity, Talisman of Conviction, and Talisman of Impulse).
4) while you have plentiful board wipes, some removal for noncreature permanents may not go amiss. Good ol' Naturalize, Disenchant, Nature's Chant, Return to Nature, Hull Breach, Artifact Mutation, Aura Mutation, are all pretty solid selections, but you should def look into multicolor creatures that can do the same thing.
5) some sac outlets would be awesome for this deck!!
3 months ago
With Gaea's Cradle, you definitely need to run Crop Rotation. I organized your deck by converted mana cost and noticed you have quite a number of cards at 5 mana. 16 of them. But you don't have very much ramp to support it. Considering your commander cost 6, and his triggered ability costs 3, you really need to ramp hard in order to have the most successful turns. Plus, landing a big dragon on turn 4 is nothing to scoff at. You've got Selesnya Signet, Gruul Signet, and Boros Signet are good in general. Thran Dynamo and Worn Powerstone are favorites of mine if you're okay with colorless mana. For a token deck, Cryptolith Rite works wonders. I would cut down on the number of 5 mana cards. Mogg Infestation can be detrimental. Juniper Order Ranger has little impact and doesn't have great impact as time goes on. Conqueror's Pledge is just slow for your deck.
3 months ago
Hey, what's the max budget you have to make upgrades?
It can be a long process to upgrade an entire precon. What the precon really lacks is ramp, tutors and cards for better interaction with Ghired. The manabase in the precon can be upgraded with better dual lands, but casually is actually fine the way it is. Draw sources is one thing that the precon has a lot of which is surprising.
This is a summary list of some budget cards ($5 or less each, most are less than $1) that I think would help your deck:
- Ramp: Avacyn's Pilgrim, Wild Growth and Elvish Mystic
- Ramp: Selesnya Signet, Gruul Signet and Boros Signet
- Tutors: Eladamri's Call, Idyllic Tutor, Fierce Empath and Sylvan Scrying
- Extra Combats: Aggravated Assault with Savage Ventmaw
- Haste: Hammer of Purphoros, Ogre Battledriver and Lightning Mauler
- Protection: Mother of Runes, Eldrazi Displacer and Boros Charm
- Utility: Temur Sabertooth, Eternal Witness, Reclamation Sage and Regal Force
- Removal: Swords to Plowshares, Cleansing Nova and Heliod's Intervention
- Land: Canopy Vista and/or Scattered Groves that way Farseek can search for a dual land that can make white mana.
- Land: Battlefield Forge, Sunpetal Grove, Rootbound Crag and Sheltered Thicket
The avg. CMC (converted mana cost) of the precon is high at 3.9. This 3.9 number means that consistently you're not able to cast a spell until you have four mana sources and/or four lands which is slow. Consider reducing this number? Getting it down to 3.0 and then even lower after that. To do this consider cutting many high mana cost cards and replacing them with low mana cost ramp? Reducing the avg. CMC will speed up game play.
The most obvious upgrades to start with are adding more low mana cost ramp and tutors, but other upgrades to consider is how to make Ghired better overall for the deck since he's the Commander General. Casually Ghired is about attacking since he powers your deck's strategy by populating which he does when he attacks. Because attacking is important then consider strategies that can improve combat/attacking? Haste, extra combats and double strike are strong strategies with attacking.
I would make the Rhino the focus of the token population because it's big creature (4/4 trample) and is easily accessible because of Ghired. Because Ghired creates the Rhino token I don't think you need to go over the top with lots of other creatures or cards that create tokens. However, if relying more on Ghired and the Rhino token then consider more repeatable protection for Ghired to keep him alive on the battlefield. Not having to do combat damage with Ghired to populate is nice.
Not having to do combat damage means you can protect Ghired in combat so he survives while still populating a token since he attacked. If you can repeatedly protect Ghired in combat then you can keep safely attacking with him. Ghired needs to attack to populate which means he has to survive combat to be able to attack again. Protection for Ghired in combat is another area for upgrades to consider because you want Ghired to be able to keep attacking.
Extra combats are good with Ghired because he wants to be attacking and extra combats means you get to attack again or multiple times on your turn. Aggravated Assault + Savage Ventmaw is infinite combats which is infinite attacks. As long as Ventmaw can attack it makes six mana. Five of that mana can be used with Assault for an extra combat. At the extra combat Ventmaw will attack again and make six mana; use that mana with Assault and repeat. Without Ventmaw Assault is still a very good card because it can be repeatable for five mana on your turn you get to attack twice which can be a lot of Rhinos.
I offer more advice, more explanations about each of these suggestions, more detailed steps you can take to improve your deck, cards you could cut, etc. Would you like more advice?
Good luck with your deck.