, : Gain .
|Want (2)||colind123 , Darui|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Common|
|Ravnica Allegiance: Guild Kits (GK2)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Gruul Signet Discussion
2 weeks ago
Peregrine Drake is a budget Palinchron. And welcome to commander! If you can post a rudimentary deck list I should be able to help a bit more but here's my early thoughts.
Primal Vigor is great in Riku. And don't worry about exclusively adding cards to fit around Riku's ability. For your first few decks the game plan will not be as focused, and that's fine(and honestly more exciting).
I'd look into Thragtusk, Arcane Signet, Gruul Signet, Izzet Signet, Simic Signet, Sol Ring, Mystic Remora, Guardian Project, Seedborn Muse, Wilderness Reclamation, Ponder, Serum Visions, and Gitaxian Probe, just to get started.
If they are within your budget, shock lands like Stomping Ground are nice and very reusable.
3 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
Hey, there's lots of ramp here which makes 39 lands more than you really need. Consider cutting some basic lands for other cards?
Cards to consider adding:
- Garruk's Uprising: repeatable draw and trample is good with Xenagos and Quartzwood.
- Aggravated Assault: repeatable combat phases or infinite combat phases with Savage Ventmaw.
- Savage Ventmaw: repeatable green/red ramp and combos with Assault for infinite combat phases and infinite green/red mana.
- Ghalta, Primal Hunger: mana cost reduction cares about the power of creatures you control, 24/24 Dino with trample/haste.
- Elder Gargaroth: can repeatable draw, life or create a creature, 12/12 Beast with trample/haste.
- Oakhame Adversary: good mana cost reduction in multiplayer Commander, can be repeatable draw, deathtouch, +X/+X pump and potential repeatable draw is a nice combination.
- Eternal Witness and Regrowth: recur any card.
- Talisman of Impulse or Gruul Signet
- Karplusan Forest and Grove of the Burnwillows: other Gruul dual lands that can ETB untapped turn one for a green one drop.
Cards to consider cutting:
- 3x Forest
- 2x Mountain
- Savageborn Hydra
- Grunn, the Lonely King
- Caller of the Pack
- Living Hive
- Blood Mist
- Fellwar Stone
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Thanks again! Awesome that you take the time out of your day to really give such an insightful comment.
I have been working on the deck after I posted it and even upgraded it a bit between your comment and me posting the deck, two of them are even cards you recommended! Bonders' Enclave and Gruul Signet. I also added Rogue's Passage to maybe sneak an attacker in.
I did actually buy quite a few cards a few days ago that just arrived and some of them are also cards you mentioned :D
I also added these ones, maybe you have some comments about them?
- God-Eternal Rhonas, it looks like it can combo quite well with Xenagos. Have you tried the cards?
- Mwonvuli Beast Tracker, I always find myself missing Trample so I thought this guy could help tutoring for it.
- Skarrg, the Rage Pits a worse Kessig Wolf Run but also a lot cheaper, and I am mainly after the trample effect (I think).
- Scavenging Ooze wanted a way to deal with peoples graveyard shenanigans.
- Mind Stone ramp! (basically added it because you mentioned it in Norin :P )
- Solemn Simulacrum there are other ramp cards in green but I just think he is a lot of value.
- I also swapped the Sedge Scorpion for a Deadly Recluse because even though I find it nice to have a early thing on the board that can deter people from attacking me before I have some of my guys out I found that a lot of attacks just went over it.
The things I will be cutting is the Scorpion and
- Mistcutter Hydra (I have other sources of can't be countered and it not doing anything else than that feels a bit week),
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir (too slow. Even though I love the prospect of being able to double the equipped creature and then have it applied to every other creather, it simply doesn't happen often enough and it doesn't provide value as soon as it lands because it would cost + mana for it to do so),
- Solidarity of Heroes (I have used it as a combat trick but it is too situational especially as I plan to cut some of the counter/hydra creatures),
- Twinflame (often when I am thinking of casting this I realize I would rather cast one of my creatures or wish it was a creature),
- Brash Taunter (thought it would be fun, but it is as I expected - way to slow), Flame-Wreathed Phoenix (I wanted a flying creature but and really only put this in for sentimental reasons but it just isn't doing anything, it is very unsatisfying to double it especially if it already have haste),
- Peregrination (don't think it's worth the cost, added other/earlier ways to ramp),
- Nissa's Pilgrimage (same reason as the other)
Let me know what you think about the cuts and if I could have made better ones!
Now for your recommendations!
- Lurking Predators Sounds like a great idea, would love to hear what you think should be cut from the deck too.
- The Great Henge Yeah I want a few of these, to go into some decks. Have on my "buy it on a bargain" list. Hopefully I can pick it up soon.
- Decimate and Hull Breach Looks like great cards, I have noticed that I really need to put some enchantment/artifact removal in and these two looks like great picks for it.
- Life's Legacy Very nice card! Will probably pick it up, but when do one have to much draw?
- Nature's Lore I was going to add one of these a while back as I thought i had one laying around but I couldn't find it and forgot to acquire one. Will put it on my list :)
- Rishkar's Expertise Added this one!
- Skyshroud Claim I like this card too, but I always find 4 mana ramp to be a little late. You think it's still pulling it's weight?
Beast Within Great card, will be adding this at one point
Berserk Never been a fan of killing my own creatures, but I guess the added benefit of being able to use it on an enemy is nice. I could also Berserk it and then sac it myself with any of the card draw cards. Will be looking out for one if I can find a really cheap one.
Momentous Fall Nice one! Will pick this one up for sure
Return of the Wildspeaker Will add this one too, bought a few of them already a week back but they are taking their sweet time arriving.
Lands I have already added the Bonder's Enclave and will be adding a Myriad Landscape as I have an extra one. I will also look to acquire the other ones. I am thinking of also adding Reliquary Tower as it's likely I will get more than 7 cards in hand after a sacrifice, Mishra's Factory as it's one of the only good manlands I have (doubt Kher Keep will do much here) I am also thinking of adding a Tectonic Edge to deal with other people's lands.
Most of the dragons you mention was about to go into the deck, but then I bought a Secret Lair and built a dragon deck instead. Will be looking into getting most of the dragons you mention here.
There's so many here, hard to pick and choose which to add! I will start with the ones I know I want in Eternal Witness because there is always something that's worth casting twice, Kogla, the Titan Ape can remove a lot of stuff in one go as I can give it haste too, Ilharg, the Raze-Boar been looking to add this guy since day one! But they have always been so over priced in my local market about 7-8$! I managed to find one yesterday for $5! So hopefully it will find it's way to me tomorrow :) Reclamation Sage need more removal so this on should be a given, Sakura-Tribe Elder need a bit more ramp so I can get it out more reliable so this one a good one. Was going to add a Fierce Empath when I opened 2020, must have forgotten!
I am also looking to add Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma and Lifeblood Hydra but they are hard to find in my local market. The other ones I will add to my list and pick them up if I can get them cheap, to at least switch out for some others and see what fits my play style the best!
Would love a Deflecting Swat (in Norin too), but my local market have it quite high, and I think I can find more impactful cards for cheaper. Oh I will definitely upgrade for a Vines of Vastwood and look for a Blossoming Defense, right now my biggest defense against spot removal is Archetype of Endurance but it's so expensive to cast!
There are a lot of cards here that you have mentioned that I have both already added and want to add now that you have brought them to my attention, so I will have to do a lot of cuts and would love to here your thoughts on what should be removed (and if the cuts I already did where good ones) would also love why you think I should remove some cards over others.
Thanks a lot for yet another deep look at my deck! Really appreciate it :)
1 month ago
I also run a Xenagos deck! Lol, what are the chances! I will try to keep cards under $15 per your suggestion....
Greater Good - BEST card you will ever add, if you listen to ANYTHING I say, this is it. Period.
Lurking Predators - With 1/3rd of your deck as creatures, this is like a sunbirds invocation that does something even if you pass the turn! Highly recomended!
Rancor - Nice to have, makes a 1/1 into a 6/4 trample with Xenagos. Providing trample cheaply and repeatedly is nice
The Great Henge - A bit over budget, but nice to have. Card draw, lifegain and ramp all in 1, usually for .
Gruul Signet - Nothing flashy, but another 2 mana ramp to help bring Xenagos out T3-4
Lifecrafter's Bestiary - Scry and card draw, not bad, definitely worth considering to help maintain gas
Decimate - 4 cards for 1? yes please! Can also target Xenagos if no other enchantments since he's indestructible.
Hull Breach - Mini decimate, still good!
Life's Legacy - Very useful, sometimes it sucks sacrificing a beater, but its sometimes very very needed, especially if you know they are holding up removal, they cant cast it in response since saccing is additional cost to cast
Nature's Lore - Ramp on T2 that can search up duals and brings the land untapped
Rishkar's Expertise - I rarely advise for risky cards, but the positive far outweighs the negative. Your biggest issue in this deck is getting 2 for 1ed, when you cast a draw/enchantment spell on your creature, they can remove it in response so you lose 2 cards to their one. But the potential of drawing 8 plus cards and casting a spell for free helps with this deck lack of tempo and card draw. I think it fits quite well
Skyshroud Claim - Nature's lore x2. While not necessary, can be helpful in keeping some tempo and ramp is crucial in a big beaters deck.
Berserk - A better unleash fury that can on occasionally kill opposing creatures when needed
Momentous Fall - Used in response to removal, removal can't be used in response to cast on the same creature
Return of the Wildspeaker - Used in response to removal
Lands...Obviously none of these are needed, but they make the deck slightly better are relatively cheap. Worth the investment, IMO. You have lots of room in your landbase given you are playing green and already run an ok amount of ramp. Adding even more ramp will really make your utility lands shine.
Dread Statuary - Manlands are helpful as they can be used for draw spells (see above instants/sorcerries) and can be equipped with rancor to deal damage unexpectedly.
Castle Garenbrig - Need that extra mana for that creature? I got you covered
Bonders' Enclave - Decent card draw
Blighted Woodland - Ramp
Myriad Landscape - See above
Raging Ravine - Manland
Sheltered Thicket - Least important of all lands, but nice to draw late game and can be fetched with nature's lore, farseek, skyshroud (although it will come in tapped)
Kessig Wolf Run - Has helped me win here and there. Shouldn't be overlooked, nice to have like the rest of these
Atarka, World Render - 12/12 double strike trample flying w/ Xenagos! Too good to pass up
Balefire Dragon - Deals with token decks and can clear a board while dealing heavy damage
Carnage Tyrant - HEXPROOF. I cannot tell you how many times hexproof has saved me in this deck. They cant use their removal they've been holding up, they can't counter it, and it has trample. Stats leave something to be desired a bit, but can pack a punch with Xenagos and is safe to use Rishkar's expertise on
Elder Gargaroth - New card which fuels card draw and has vigilance too!
Fierce Empath - Nice to find the beater you need
Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma - Ramp and provide trample!
Eternal Witness - Nice recursion of a beater or draw spell
Ilharg, the Raze-Boar - A beater that returns itself eventually and helps bring in other beaters (note: ETB triggers and the creature can attack a different opponent). Like a mini sneak attack
Inferno Titan - ETB and attack trigger. Not bad, I find it useful although you might not despite it being better than a lot of your other cards.
Kogla, the Titan Ape - ETB and attack trigger. Can be nice to bounce an eternal witness to give it indestructible.
Lifeblood Hydra - Even if they kill it, you get to draw something. I've found it useful, especially with berserk.
Nylea, Keen-Eyed - Helps make your creatures easier to cast, hard to remove, and helps you maintain gas. I'm still not convinced with it, testing it in my own build TBH. But thought it worthwhile to mention.
Pathbreaker Ibex - A beater that provides trample to other beaters. Puts in some decent work, especially with a rancor!
Reclamation Sage - Cheap artifact/enchantment removal on a creature (ex: lurking predators)
Sakura-Tribe Elder - Another cheap 2CMC ramp spell to ensure Xenagos T3-4
Savage Ventmaw - HUGE TEMPO! Attack and cast Rishkar's expertise or the Great Henge and then return of the wildspeaker/momentous fall/life's legacy or anything else is huge. Getting the attack and tempo in is VERY helpful as our deck struggles with tempo putting all the mana into a big creature.
Shaman of Forgotten Ways - Ramp and an alternate wincon should you need it
Siege Behemoth > Thorn Elemental
OVERALL: The deck is ok. I'm surprised how it has such a low CMC, but given your X spells. Once you replace those with 5+ CMC creatures, it will increase your AVG CMC to "normal". You want your AVG CMC to be around 4. Xenagos works as a sniper, you cast one big creature, give it haste and hope it doesnt eat removal. Given you spent all that mana on the creature, you don't do much else for the turn and then people usually swing at you because they are afraid of you casting another big creature out of nowhere.
As a result, having protection for them is crucial. In the form of heroic intervention, or another card out of budget such as Deflecting swat (which is SO powerful, counter counterspells, redirect targetted removal, targetted draw, targetted extra turns and more FOR FREE, so you can BLUFF INTERACTION). One more idea I'm thinking of is to replace Giant growth with Vines of Vastwood, similar function but provides protection as well. Also see Blossoming Defense for a similar function should removal/interaction is an issue in your meta as much as mine. Given you play against combo, they probably have interaction prior to them assembling their combo.
I got lots of ideas for cuts, so be sure to lmk what you think of each suggestion!
1 month ago
This are the staple cards you need to get.
- Golos, Tireless Pilgrim
- Birds of Paradise
- Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Eternal Witness
- Llanowar Elves
- Elvish Mystic
- Deathrite Shaman
- Avacyn's Pilgrim
- Faeburrow Elder
- Reclamation Sage
- Kenrith, the Returned King
- Dockside Extortionist
- Elves of Deep Shadow
- Solemn Simulacrum
- Sisay, Weatherlight Captain
- Sun Titan
- Noble Hierarch
- Seedborn Muse
- Notion Thief
- Jegantha, the Wellspring
- Thassa's Oracle
- Baleful Strix
- Blood Artist
- Shalai, Voice of Plenty
- Tatyova, Benthic Druid
- Avenger of Zendikar
- Wood Elves
- Coiling Oracle
- Acidic Slime
- Swords to Plowshares
- Cyclonic Rift
- Beast Within
- Dovin's Veto
- Chaos Warp
- Assassin's Trophy
- Mystical Tutor
- Path to Exile
- Swan Song
- Eladamri's Call
- Anguished Unmaking
- Heroic Intervention
- Enlightened Tutor
- Boros Charm
- Fierce Guardianship
- Vampiric Tutor
- Abrupt Decay
- Growth Spiral
- Generous Gift
- Utter End
- Krosan Grip
- Arcane Denial
- Lim-Dul's Vault
- Teferi's Protection
- Dark Ritual
- Nature's Claim
- Veil of Summer
- Crackling Doom
- Rakdos Charm
- Fact or Fiction
- Return to Dust
- Demonic Tutor
- Kodama's Reach
- Rampant Growth
- Blasphemous Act
- Supreme Verdict
- Ruinous Ultimatum
- Eerie Ultimatum
- Merciless Eviction
- Faithless Looting
- Nature's Lore
- Wrath of God
- Skyshroud Claim
- Explosive Vegetation
- Diabolic Tutor
- Sol Ring
- Arcane Signet
- Izzet Signet
- Boros Signet
- Azorius Signet
- Orzhov Signet
- Dimir Signet
- Rakdos Signet
- Talisman of Creativity
- Lightning Greaves
- Swiftfoot Boots
- Simic Signet
- Talisman of Conviction
- Talisman of Dominance
- Talisman of Hierarchy
- Golgari Signet
- Gruul Signet
- Fellwar Stone
- Mana Crypt
- Selesnya Signet
- Mind Stone
- Talisman of Progress
- Talisman of Indulgence
- Fist of Suns
- Chromatic Lantern
- Commander's Sphere
- Smothering Tithe
- Rhystic Study
- Rhythm of the Wild
- Mystic Remora
- Sylvan Library
- Mirari's Wake
- Zendikar Resurgent
- Temur Ascendancy
- Ghostly Prison
- Phyrexian Arena
I hope this helps because it took forever to type out.
2 months ago
multimedia oh boy I am playing the same deck and I have some suggestions on what to cut and suggestions on what to put in as well
BUT these are just a suggestion