Enchantment — Aura
When Angelic Gift enters the battlefield, draw a card.
Enchanted creature has flying.
Printings View all
|Core Set 2020 (M20)||Common|
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Angelic Gift Discussion
2 weeks ago
Sram, Senior Edificer , Eidolon of Blossoms , Keen Sense , Sixth Sense , Heliod's Pilgrim , Open the Armory , Fertile Ground , Trace of Abundance , Retether , Frog Tongue , Dragon Mantle , Angelic Gift , Chosen by Heliod , Karametra's Favor , Fruit of the First Tree , Pariah
2 months ago
Thanks for sharing Aladeus. I've thought about that as well. I wasn't sure if maybe it'd be okay because I considered the fact that using instants that further pump up my creatures as a way of removal. For example, blocking a 6/6 creature with Gideon's Company and then using Desperate Lunge to make Gideon's Company a 7/7 would be a form of removal, I figured. But maybe I should throw some Pacifism 's in there instead of Angelic Gift to make sure I could get rid of some bigger creatures or creatures with troubling abilities.
3 months ago
Wow, a wall of text with potentially useful advice.
"is not really needed since most cards are instants and can be cast immediately after attacking with Narset."
A simple Manalith would aid in getting out Narset. As it stands, you will only be able to get Narset on turn 6, assuming you don't miss a land drop.
- You have no haste granting cards, so your strategy will only take off on turn 7 if you are lucky and nobody plays an Edict effect..
- Most people can gain a significant advantage by turn 7 if all goes well. No amount of counters can stop 3 opponent's from building their boards. You'll be a sitting duck most of the time.
There is a reason almost all commander decks run a Sol Ring . The faster you can play your strategy, the more likely you are to win.
"unless they are instant cards i don't really need them."
- Chemister's Insight is strictly better than Inspiration . There is no reason you cannot use both, but Chemister's Insight has far more utility.
- Counterspell , Archmage's Charm , Sinister Sabotage , Thought Collapse , and Dissolve are all strictly better than Cancel , and those are the cheap $$$ counters.
- Lightning Bolt and Skewer the Critics are strictly better than Lightning Strike and Wizard's Lightning especially considering you don't have any wizards.
- Your deck runs Lifelink . The card itself is cheap, but by the time your Commander is out, cost shouldn't be a consideration. Cards like Daybreak Coronet and Steel of the Godhead provide you with far more utility.
Questionably, you are running Artificer's Epiphany with only one artifact in the deck.
- You are running 11 counters as control. Those 11 counters won't do you any good with Narset unless you plan to counter your own spells. Running cards like Disperse keeps stuff off the field and will be still be useful if you happen to exile it later on.
Your burn spells won't do much against larger creatures either.
"this is not a budget deck. budget, mana or money, is not a priority. if it somehow is then it is merely a coincidence."
- I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but I feel the need to advise you that:
- Your mana base does, in fact, matter.
- You have far better options for cards.
- The only reason to play this deck as it is, is if you were on a budget. If you are not, then you can certainly replace the cards with better versions.
3 months ago
If you get big creatures, you probably want flying or trample so Angelic Gift ?
4 months ago
I built a similar deck in Mono white. Personally I don't think Angelic Gift is all that useful. You could try running Ignite the Beacon I found it was helpful in making sure that I would getting Ajani, Strength of the Pride on the field. Three copies of Twinblade Paladin are in the Ajani Coreset 2020 Precon.
6 months ago
First of all, I would replace Angelic Gift With either Gryff's Boon or Rancor , just like you said in the description. Why? Because Rampage of the Clans would destroy it, and it gets returned to your hand/battlefield whatsoever. Then, I would highly recommend a few copies of Collected Company , since it can be cast in an opponent's turn. Did it occur to you that red als also some great centaurs? For example, Burning-Tree Shaman , Stonebrow, Krosan Hero , Nikya of the Old Ways and Fanatic of Xenagos . Utopia Sprawl is in my opinion better than Verdant Haven . Then there's Conclave Cavalier , which is totally bonkers, although that strategy would not be effective when running Collected Company . Rosemane Centaur is also a good addition, but mainly if you run lower CMC creatures. And even though Genesis is not a centaur, flavourwise it would be a nice addition to this list. Maybe one copy of Fated Intervention for some instant-speed pressure. Tribalwise, I would highly recommend Metallic Mimic or Adaptive Automaton to replace the Stoneforge Masterwork , and you can even sacrifice them to Rampage of the Clans , for more value/pressure. Maybe a Mirror Entity to boost your crew in mid/lategame? If your having trouble getting the right creatures at the right time, maybe Eladamri's Call would be a nice tutor in this list. For fun, I would maybe even run a copy of Descendants' Path . You could also add some artifacts that suit nicely in any tribal deck. Think of cards like Icon of Ancestry , Obelisk of Urd , Bow of Nylea , Eldrazi Monument or maybe even Coat of Arms . Maybe even add a Selesnya Signet for fixing. All artifacts which you can even sacrifice to Rampage of the Clans . Also consider some Changelings, since they're basically just Centaurs... Chameleon Colossus . You could also add Oath of the Ancient Wood , if you're planning on running this amount of enchantments/auras. Then there's lands. I realize you want to keep this list budget, that's ok, in your case I would still run several Canopy Vista , Fortified Village , Temple of Plenty , Mutavault (which is a centaur), or Oran-Rief, the Vastwood . Chronicler of Heroes goes nicely with Lagonna-Band Trailblazer . Centaur Omenreader is also a pretty solid card by simple making your creatures cost 2 less when it's tapped. You also need cardadvantage. Think of cards like Harmonize . Also, in this meta, you'll need some hard removal. Think of cards like Dismember , Path to Exile , Generous Gift or Beast Within . You can also consider some allround lords and anthem effects. Maybe cards like Wilt-Leaf Liege , Always Watching , Glorious Anthem , Gaea's Anthem , Radiant Destiny , Hall of Triumph , Force of Virtue , Beastmaster Ascension or Collective Blessing . Maybe even a Song of Freyalise ? Yet again, all cards you can eventually sacrifice for Rampage of the Clans . You could even add some retrieval in this list, think of cards like Noxious Revival , Regrowth or Eternal Witness . Sideboard wise, I would highly recommend cards like Rest in Peace , Stony Silence , Dryad Militant , Krosan Grip , Damping Sphere , Grafdigger's Cage , Leyline of Sanctity .
This is it for now. When anything relevant comes up, I will let you know.
Keep up the good work.
8 months ago
1 year ago
Then again if you are running any of these because their pet cards or you like the art or enjoy peoples reaction to them then, by all means, run them. But assuming you're looking for power level i'd cut these.