Creature — Treefolk Warrior
Kalonian Twingrove's power and toughness are each equal to the number of Forests you control.
When Kalonian Twingrove enters the battlefield, put a green Treefolk Warrior creature token onto the battlefield with "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of forests you control."
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Kalonian Twingrove Discussion
1 week ago
- Baru, Fist of Krosa - (Weak effect that can be achieved through Paragon of Eternal Wilds, Gaea's Anthem, Hall of Triumph or Caged Sun. I'm not telling you to trade him for any of those cards, though)
- Nylea's Disciple - (meh)
- Oran-Rief Hydra - Too slow
- Rampaging Baloths - Too slow
- Solemn Simulacrum - Not needed. The only situation it'd be useful would be if you have Birthing Pod hanging around.
- Tireless Tracker - (weak in EDH)
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (too slow for Selvala)
- Lightning Greaves (meh. As suggested bellow, Thousand-Year Elixir would be better most of the times)
- Gravity Well (Check my Utility Section)
- Back to Nature and Creeping Corrosion aren't needed. This is a fast deck and your opponent's probably won't have time to build a board big enough for you to need it. You already have Bane of Progress and Wave of Vitriol, there's no need for those.
- The Great Aurora - Works wonders with token-based decks. Not so good in here, even if it's a boardwipe of sorts
- Elemental Bond can be replaced by Garruk's Packleader
- Primeval Bounty is good, but I would make room for some of my suggestions.
Get Selvala online as soon as possible (T2):
- Sword of the Paruns - (You just need a creature with power 4 or greater and you have infinte mana. Same goes with Umbral Mantle)
- Great Oak Guardian - (it might also work as a finisher)
- Wirewood Lodge - (a must have)
- Thousand-Year Elixir - pseudo-haste and neat untapping
- Seeker of Skybreak, Quirion Ranger or Scryb Ranger.
- Quest for Renewal for the extra mana every turn.
- Genesis Wave - Also ramps
- Genesis Hydra - Doesn't ramp, but gives you a body
- Nessian Game Warden - Nets you an extra creature
- Fierce Empath - Tutors your big guns.
- Wild Pair - 2 for 1 most of your creatures.
- Woodland Bellower - Does not get legendary creatures, but it should be ok.
- Boundless Realms - Getting rid of the lands in the deck so you can draw better stuff.
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir
- If you have access to infinte mana Walking Ballista or its cousin Goblin Cannon (yes, you can activate it multiple times before it explodes)
- Silklash Spider
- Glissa Sunseeker
- Newly Spoiled Sandwurm Convergence
- Mosswort Bridge
- Abundance (prevents you from losing to mill and also makes sure you'll never be mana flooded or mana screwed)
- Primal Surge might be fun, but would require you to tone down on instant/sorceries
3 weeks ago
Hey Bass_f13nd! Thanks for your suggestion. I do like how Kalonian Twingrove makes a token of itself and we can abuse it with populate, but we really don't get enough of forests throughout the game for it and the token itself to get big. But it would definitely be better in a mono-green token-y deck!
1 month ago
Ah I see you updated this, my iPad had died before I hot to share my suggestions, and it looks like you added a bunch of them. Here is what I was going to share, you may even find something you may want that you had missed.
Omnath, Locus of Mana instead as your command perhaps, Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, Mana Reflection, Beacon of Creation, Exploration, Burgeoning, Boundless Realms, Primeval Titan, Beacon of Discovery, Primeval Bounty, Retreat to Kazandu, Zendikar's Roil, Lotus Cobra, Explore Gaea's Touch, Rampaging Baloths, Ulvenwald Hydra + Rogue's Passage, Avenger of Zendikar, Embodiment of Insight, Courser of Kruphix, Dungrove Elder, Kalonian Twingrove.
For lands have Rogue's Passage, Myriad Landscape, Reliquary Tower and make use of Rishkar's Expertise, Nissa's Revelation and other similar effects, Oran-Rief, the Vastwood, then just forests wil do unless you want to go with Eldrazi then use Shrine of the Forsaken Gods, Sanctum of Ugin, Eye of Ugin and so on too.
I will try and help out with cutting down your creatures soon, you can if you want share decklists with others if you look within "edit" so that I am able to make changes to this deck otherwise I will do up something separate. The thing is, is that green is pretty good at making token related cards and that's why you can get away with a lot less creatures, and the ones you do have can be big such as Kozilek, Butcher of Truth for example.
3 months ago
Elemental Bond (Trying this as Rishkar's Expertise. The higher CMC might be too much, and this may come back in.)
Predator Ooze (Needed a card to cut, and this one mostly is there for devotion only.)
Kalonian Twingrove (A solid big beater, but really nothing more than that. You can find better utility.)
Managorger Hydra (Another big beater, but does very little late-game and early game is a ripe target for removal, or just doesn't get big enough.)
Rishkar's Expertise (Draw probably six cards, put something small into play. It's a great option.)
Beast Within (Instant-speed removal is good, but the only shame is that it's not reusable.)
Noxious Revival (The deck needed more recursion.)
4 months ago
Oooooh so many good suggestions!
I can definitely fit Treefolk Harbinger in.
Concerning all the other creatures I'm considering running only 1x of all the creatures and higher, that way I can fit a lot of other Treefolk in. Defiantly want multiples of Bosk Banneret and Sakura-Tribe Elder.
Those spells look nice I'll have to see what I can fit in. How many land do you think I could run comfortably? Should I stay 24?
As usual you have great suggestions Bobba Sensei! Thanks a lot!
4 months ago
Perhaps you want to make it quicker? If you did, then Terrain Elemental is a solid 3/2 for two, not all that exciting, but fast and does his job, alongside Strangleroot Geist, fast, and can take a hit! Then for three mana you have Undergrowth Champion, an absolute powerhouse of a card! Tough to answer, sends some fear your opponents way early on! If you've won the lottery recently, then Vengevine is a crazy powerful and cool four drop. He's thematic, but golly he isn't cheap. He isn't gofy expensive, but it will still leave a hole in your pocket. Then looking into the mid-range side of aggro, Whisperwood Elemental. He can fill a board, apply pressure, the all purpose dark wood that keeps your opponents guessing.
A couple of honourable mentions quickly. Carven Caryatid, because cantrips are awesome, and Tree of Redemption because it's huge and fitting. Are either good enough, or exciting enough for the deck? No, probably not, but it would be remiss of me to leave them out.
Okay, last bunch, the big guys! Let's start with the two big boys that draw you some cards, Soul of the Harvest, and Deadwood Treefolk, because sometimes you need something back, or you need to refill your hand. Now, the stand alone win cons, the game changers! Gaea's Revenge, watch the face of your opponent as you play him, control hate it when their counters don't work, and none too happy if their removal doesn't really work either! Then we have Dungroves (worse) but bigger brother, well, brothers, the Kalonian Twingroves. Big right, and two of them, which is way better than one! Then we have the Avenger of Zendikar, I mean, how powerful does a card need to be, he brings his own garden and makes it into a forest, dark, fitting, powerful, and very cool. If you aren't bothered about speed so much, then Phytotitan is super hard to deal with, he just keeps coming back. Also, once you have two on the field (not that you normally do), they feel nice replacing each other every turn. The inevitability of him fills you with the feeling of true power! And then finally, Sekki, Seasons' Guide, another guy who brings his own army, and like any great general he can absorb all his own men and pop back on the field, he true end to a game!
Anyway, just a few things to have a think about, see if any suit you.
5 months ago
- Tree of Redemption
- Kodama's Reach
- Trostani, Selesnya's Voice
- Great Oak Guardian
- Seed Guardian
- Sidar Kondo of Jamuraa
- Silklash Spider
- Traproot Kami
- Watcher in the Web
- Builder's Blessing
- Archetype of Finality
- Blessed Orator
- Corrosive Mentor
- Heliod, God of the Sun
- Kabira Vindicator
- Oathsworn Giant
- Village Bell-Ringer
- Windbrisk Raptor
- Avenger of Zendikar
- Bane of Progress
- Leyline of Vitality
- Jaddi Offshoot
- Gatecreeper Vine
- Wall of Blossoms
- Nylea, God of the Hunt
- Primal Rage
- Forgotten Ancient
- Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer
- Petrified Wood-Kin
- Silverglade Elemental
- Soul of the Harvest
- Seasons Past
- Thorn Elemental
- Rain of Thorns
- Verdant Force
- Woodborn Behemoth
- Woodland Wanderer
- Black Oak of Odunos
- Battlewand Oak
- Dauntless Dourbark
- Kalonian Twingrove
- Orchard Warden
- Seedguide Ash
- Treefolk Harbinger
- Verdeloth the Ancient
- Yew Spirit
- Defensive Formation
- Raking Canopy
- Gravity Well
- Springleaf Drum
- Bower Passage
- Fruit of the First Tree
- Garruk Wildspeaker
- Grim Contest
- Gyre Sage
- Kin-Tree Invocation
- Sight of the Scalelords
- Archangel of Strife
- Slagwurm Armor