Creature — Treefolk Warrior
Kalonian Twingrove's power and toughness are each equal to the number of Forests you control.
When Kalonian Twingrove enters the battlefield, put a green Treefolk Warrior creature token onto the battlefield with "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of forests you control."
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||Mousemke , xpsychovampx , bradyofportdetroit , Ashy , Tiddilywinkus , pskinn01 , moonmonster , golgarigirl , sonnet666 , Swamy , philktoken8998|
Kalonian Twingrove Discussion
4 days ago
So i24 I've actually playtested this deck with both Kalonian Twingrove and Leaf-Crowned Elder. Kalonian Twingrove was too slow when I had it in the deck and Leaf-Crowned Elder was too inconsistent. I will say that it felt great to get a hit with it though.
5 days ago
1 week ago
@HarrisonHarry: You need more 4-ofs. I would play something like this:
4x Arbor Elf
4x Dauntless Dourbark
4x Dungrove Elder
2x Kalonian Twingrove
2x Primeval Titan
4x Sakura-Tribe Elder
4x Bosk Banneret
2x Timber Protector
3x Leaf-Crowned Elder
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Gaea's Touch can help you get more of your land on the battlefield fast. Horn of Greed can help you replace land you've played with more, just keep in mind that it is only land you 'play,' not 'put on the battlefield.' So it wouldn't combo directly with Gaea's Touch, but it will with any other land drops.
Azusa, Lost but Seeking can also help you play more lands in a single turn.
Genesis Wave can make your boardstate swell at almost any point in the game, but works best when used once your ramp is petering out. Patron of the Orochi also lets you untap all your Forests and green creatures once a turn (even on your opponent's turn.)
Traproot Kami has very inexpensive CMC, and can prove to be a very good blocker for you at any point in the game.
1 month ago
- Baru, Fist of Krosa - (Weak effect that can be achieved through Paragon of Eternal Wilds, Gaea's Anthem, Hall of Triumph or Caged Sun. I'm not telling you to trade him for any of those cards, though)
- Nylea's Disciple - (meh)
- Oran-Rief Hydra - Too slow
- Rampaging Baloths - Too slow
- Solemn Simulacrum - Not needed. The only situation it'd be useful would be if you have Birthing Pod hanging around.
- Tireless Tracker - (weak in EDH)
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (too slow for Selvala)
- Lightning Greaves (meh. As suggested bellow, Thousand-Year Elixir would be better most of the times)
- Gravity Well (Check my Utility Section)
- Back to Nature and Creeping Corrosion aren't needed. This is a fast deck and your opponent's probably won't have time to build a board big enough for you to need it. You already have Bane of Progress and Wave of Vitriol, there's no need for those.
- The Great Aurora - Works wonders with token-based decks. Not so good in here, even if it's a boardwipe of sorts
- Elemental Bond can be replaced by Garruk's Packleader
- Primeval Bounty is good, but I would make room for some of my suggestions.
Get Selvala online as soon as possible (T2):
- Sword of the Paruns - (You just need a creature with power 4 or greater and you have infinte mana. Same goes with Umbral Mantle)
- Great Oak Guardian - (it might also work as a finisher)
- Wirewood Lodge - (a must have)
- Thousand-Year Elixir - pseudo-haste and neat untapping
- Seeker of Skybreak, Quirion Ranger or Scryb Ranger.
- Quest for Renewal for the extra mana every turn.
- Genesis Wave - Also ramps
- Genesis Hydra - Doesn't ramp, but gives you a body
- Nessian Game Warden - Nets you an extra creature
- Fierce Empath - Tutors your big guns.
- Wild Pair - 2 for 1 most of your creatures.
- Woodland Bellower - Does not get legendary creatures, but it should be ok.
- Boundless Realms - Getting rid of the lands in the deck so you can draw better stuff.
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir
- If you have access to infinte mana Walking Ballista or its cousin Goblin Cannon (yes, you can activate it multiple times before it explodes)
- Silklash Spider
- Glissa Sunseeker
- Newly Spoiled Sandwurm Convergence
- Mosswort Bridge
- Abundance (prevents you from losing to mill and also makes sure you'll never be mana flooded or mana screwed)
- Primal Surge might be fun, but would require you to tone down on instant/sorceries
1 month ago
Hey Bass_f13nd! Thanks for your suggestion. I do like how Kalonian Twingrove makes a token of itself and we can abuse it with populate, but we really don't get enough of forests throughout the game for it and the token itself to get big. But it would definitely be better in a mono-green token-y deck!