Creature — Treefolk Warrior
Kalonian Twingrove's power and toughness are each equal to the number of Forests you control.
When Kalonian Twingrove enters the battlefield, put a green Treefolk Warrior creature token onto the battlefield with "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of forests you control."
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (16)||Mousemke , xpsychovampx , bradyofportdetroit , Ashy , Tiddilywinkus , pskinn01 , saj0219 , Antiat , Ellyreia , bakeraj4 , Dr_Jay , sonnet666 , philktoken8998 , Billy_Loper27 , Swamy , golgarigirl|
Kalonian Twingrove Discussion
1 week ago
There are decent ideas and I'm happy you decided to make your first deck a Treefolk brew. There are however quite alot to work on here even if it's meant just for casual games. I don't know if you've ever looked into any deck building guides, but you mana curve is really important to be in line with your lands and ramp. Now your curve is super dependant on LUCK, which is not great. Unless you have consistent ways to cheat out your excessive amounts of 6 drops, you shouldn't have that many or they will clog your hand. I'll list a few semi-budget changes that will help.
Go up to full playset on Treefolk Harbinger, cause it tutors up any creature you need from your deck and that allows you to go down on the quantity of big threats.
Emerald Medallion is nice on mono color, but the heavyness really calls for more Bosk Bannerets or Medallions. Medallion is better when it's in your opening hand, since it drops topdecked Bosk to a 1-drop, but Bosk is tutorable with Harbinger (Might not matter which you run more of, so go with your gut.)
These couple swaps helps with consistency:
You don't need full playsets of any big drops if you go with 4 Harbingers.
All the greatest treefolks are ridiculously expensive, but if you ever want to invest little by little and keep your Tribal/Zoo theme, I suggest looking into my primer here Treefolkdancing my way to competitive scene!.
1 month ago
Yea, I think some sort of ramp could fit a Treefolk deck nicely.
I've been tinkering around with a couple different Treefolk builds and cards like Explosive Vegetation, Nissa's Pilgrimage, and Harrow play well with Dungrove Elder, Dauntless Dourbark, and even the addition of Battlewand Oak. A deck with lots of ramp also seems to want higher-CMC Treefolk as well like Ghoultree, Woodfall Primus, Oakgnarl Warrior, and Kalonian Twingrove. I would love to put something like that together but I worry that we may run into problems like being too slow against a lot of the typical Modern decks or being stuck with too many high-cost spells in hand during the start of the game.
What do you think?
1 month ago
So i24 I've actually playtested this deck with both Kalonian Twingrove and Leaf-Crowned Elder. Kalonian Twingrove was too slow when I had it in the deck and Leaf-Crowned Elder was too inconsistent. I will say that it felt great to get a hit with it though.
1 month ago
2 months ago
@HarrisonHarry: You need more 4-ofs. I would play something like this:
4x Arbor Elf
4x Dauntless Dourbark
4x Dungrove Elder
2x Kalonian Twingrove
2x Primeval Titan
4x Sakura-Tribe Elder
4x Bosk Banneret
2x Timber Protector
3x Leaf-Crowned Elder
2 months ago
2 months ago
Gaea's Touch can help you get more of your land on the battlefield fast. Horn of Greed can help you replace land you've played with more, just keep in mind that it is only land you 'play,' not 'put on the battlefield.' So it wouldn't combo directly with Gaea's Touch, but it will with any other land drops.
Azusa, Lost but Seeking can also help you play more lands in a single turn.
Genesis Wave can make your boardstate swell at almost any point in the game, but works best when used once your ramp is petering out. Patron of the Orochi also lets you untap all your Forests and green creatures once a turn (even on your opponent's turn.)
Traproot Kami has very inexpensive CMC, and can prove to be a very good blocker for you at any point in the game.
3 months ago
- Baru, Fist of Krosa - (Weak effect that can be achieved through Paragon of Eternal Wilds, Gaea's Anthem, Hall of Triumph or Caged Sun. I'm not telling you to trade him for any of those cards, though)
- Nylea's Disciple - (meh)
- Oran-Rief Hydra - Too slow
- Rampaging Baloths - Too slow
- Solemn Simulacrum - Not needed. The only situation it'd be useful would be if you have Birthing Pod hanging around.
- Tireless Tracker - (weak in EDH)
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (too slow for Selvala)
- Lightning Greaves (meh. As suggested bellow, Thousand-Year Elixir would be better most of the times)
- Gravity Well (Check my Utility Section)
- Back to Nature and Creeping Corrosion aren't needed. This is a fast deck and your opponent's probably won't have time to build a board big enough for you to need it. You already have Bane of Progress and Wave of Vitriol, there's no need for those.
- The Great Aurora - Works wonders with token-based decks. Not so good in here, even if it's a boardwipe of sorts
- Elemental Bond can be replaced by Garruk's Packleader
- Primeval Bounty is good, but I would make room for some of my suggestions.
Get Selvala online as soon as possible (T2):
- Sword of the Paruns - (You just need a creature with power 4 or greater and you have infinte mana. Same goes with Umbral Mantle)
- Great Oak Guardian - (it might also work as a finisher)
- Wirewood Lodge - (a must have)
- Thousand-Year Elixir - pseudo-haste and neat untapping
- Seeker of Skybreak, Quirion Ranger or Scryb Ranger.
- Quest for Renewal for the extra mana every turn.
- Genesis Wave - Also ramps
- Genesis Hydra - Doesn't ramp, but gives you a body
- Nessian Game Warden - Nets you an extra creature
- Fierce Empath - Tutors your big guns.
- Wild Pair - 2 for 1 most of your creatures.
- Woodland Bellower - Does not get legendary creatures, but it should be ok.
- Boundless Realms - Getting rid of the lands in the deck so you can draw better stuff.
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir
- If you have access to infinte mana Walking Ballista or its cousin Goblin Cannon (yes, you can activate it multiple times before it explodes)
- Silklash Spider
- Glissa Sunseeker
- Newly Spoiled Sandwurm Convergence
- Mosswort Bridge
- Abundance (prevents you from losing to mill and also makes sure you'll never be mana flooded or mana screwed)
- Primal Surge might be fun, but would require you to tone down on instant/sorceries