Grismold, the Dreadsower
Legendary Creature — Troll Shaman
At the beginning of your end step, each player creates a 1/1 green Plant creature token.
Whenever a creature token dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Grismold, the Dreadsower.
Grismold, the Dreadsower Discussion
3 weeks ago
Grismold, the Dreadsower . So fun and self-piloting. You can go wide by accident or be happy just being more direct wit a trampling commander. Forgiving for errors. Not too concerned with the stack. Easy to cast him almost every game.
1 month ago
Whenever a player casts a spell, that player creates a 1/1 green Insect creature token.
Create another group-gain card, or create a card that gives a group effect that highly benefits you (think Grismold, the Dreadsower
1 month ago
Hello all! Here's our update for C19.
- Chainer, Nightmare Adept
- Greven, Predator Captain
- Grismold, the Dreadsower
- Volrath, the Shapestealer
- Slimefoot, the Stowaway (from Mid)
- Kadena, Slinking Sorcerer
- Gerrard, Weatherlight Hero
- Ghired, Conclave Exile
- Marisi, Breaker of the Coil
- Pramikon, Sky Rampart
- Rayami. First of the Fallen
- Sevinne, the Chronoclasm
- Tahngarth, First Mate
Anje is a value-generating commander that is an outlet for Worldgorger Dragon. She stands as a sidegrade to Xantcha, Sleeper Agent.
Atla Palani, Nest Tender
Atla has some decent potential to cheat in creatures, some interesting Mirror Entity combos, and built in boardwipe protection in colors that need it. She's limited by her color identity, but is powerful enough to compel competitive exploration and play.
Elsha of the Infinite
A strong value engine and a third of the Elsha/Helm/Top style combo.
K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth
A very powerful cost reducer, albeit in colors that struggle for interaction. Tentatively placing him in Competitive.
Chainer, Nightmare Adept
His "reanimation" ability is a little too fairly costed between the discard and having to cast the creature. Rakdos limits interactivity and reanimator bombs. No obvious combos discovered yet.
Greven, Predator Captain
A relatively powerful draw engine could fuel some hybrid fair/unfair strategies.
Grismold, the Dread Sower
Fairly substantial token producer at a cheap cost.
Slimefoot, the Stowaway
In similarity to Grismold, we've re-evaluated Slimefoot as High Power.
Volrath, the Shapestealer
No obvious combos, but is in a powerful color combination and lends to a lot of synergies.
Very narrow ability on top of a small pool of morphs.
Gerrard, Weatherlight Hero
Difficult to abuse ability, an unfortunate 'dies' trigger, and in lackluster colors.
Ghired, Conclave Exile
Reasonably strong combat threat with Populate shenanigans, but solidly fair and slow to build up.
Marisi, Breaker of the Coil
Combat slience is hard to abuse in these colors. Goading creatures can be quite disruptive.
Pramikon, Sky Rampart
Can support turtling strategies in combat-oriented metas.
Rayami, First of the Fallen
Very specific hate and a difficult to amass set of keywords.
Sevinne, the Chronoclasm
One copy per turn on a narrow flashback interaction is difficult to abuse effectively.
Tahngarth, First Mate
1 month ago
2 months ago
Keep testing it! 1v1s are rough on token decks because you need a bit of time to set up, but it works great in a 4 player game. When the new Commander set releases, I would recommend getting Grismold, the Dreadsower to replace an outlet if you have too many. I think it works well with your token/counter theme.
2 months ago
Hey there, I saw your comment on my Tana/Tymna deck, I'm glad you liked it.
This deck is interesting! It seems like you struck a good balance with counters and tokens. I'll give some tips and suggestions based on what I see here. Before I start though, I need to know how you are using your tokens. Are they used more for beating down or more for value? I'll make more suggestions once you tell me. All the suggestions I make are just my opinion, take it however you like.
Cards I would suggest finding room for:
- Tendershoot Dryad It's a fantastic token generator, and the Ascend ability on it is no joke.
- Asceticism and Heroic Intervention I noticed there is a lack of protection for your board. Something I learned, especially recently, is that our token generators and any other value creatures need to be protected. Token decks have a hard time coming back if they get wiped or targeted down before they can do anything, so these are must haves in my opinion. Archetype of Endurance is a good budget replacement for Asceticism, though very high in cmc.
- Pitiless Plunderer This adds a ton of value for sacrificing your own creatures. It has come in clutch for me more times than I could count. Also it works really well with Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest since it counts sacrificing any permanents!
- Death's Presence Could also be interesting to use with Reyhan, or even Tana. It's like Kresh the Bloodbraided 's ability but for creatures you control, although the cmc is a bit high.
- Parallel Lives Would also be good for extra token generation.
- Replace Fungal Plots with Necrogenesis Card draw is nice, but these cards can exile from other people's graveyards. Great card for controlling any reanimator/graveyard shenanigans decks. You seem to have a lot of card draw already.
- Yawgmoth, Thran Physician He has a sacrifice outlet, card draw, and a proliferate function, all in one card! He's pretty insane for a deck like yours that generates counters and sacrifice creatures for stuff.
Possible Problem cards:
- Concordant Crossroads A great card, as a wincon. It's a very dangerous card to play if you give your opponents haste too and take more advantage of it than you can. If you can pull it off without your opponents taking too much advantage of it, then more power to you!
- Utopia Mycon I used to run this card too, but it only works for saprolings which became a bit problematic when I had other tokens that weren't saprolings. However you are running Tana as a commander, so it may alleviate the problem I had with it.
- Citanul Hierophants Seems a bit redundant with Cryptolith Rite , but that's just me. There could be other creatures more worth playing for equal or less cmc, like Grismold, the Dreadsower from the new Commander Set! Definitely putting it in my Kresh deck.
- Greater Good It's a very good card if you're getting good draws from killing large creatures. I'm not sure how often you are getting creatures with 4 or more power that isn't your own commander.
- Crop Rotation It's only really good if your playing high power lands like Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth + Cabal Coffers or Gaea's Cradle . If you're looking to fix mana, I would add Sakura-Tribe Elder Cultivate and/or Kodama's Reach
So far this what I have as far suggestions go. Let me know what you think!
2 months ago
Atla seems very weak. The ability to combo with the Stalactite and Altar is like any 3-card combo with one piece being a commander. Unless the combo pieces tutor for each other, are able to all be tutored by a separate card, or the commander can tutor for at least one of the pieces, or the combo is 1-3 mana entirely, the combo isn't reasonably viable on a general basis.
Elsha seems... kind of bad? It is a combo enabler with Top, and Flash, no reveal, only noncreature Future Sight seems okay, but a 5 mana creature variant that any Swords to Plowshares or counterspell can deal with seems weak. Maybe with enough protection, such as Silence type effects, the deck can just be a combo deck with Elsha as a piece, but as a Storm Engine, I doubt it will be able to reliably go off without too little protection. Maybe a midrange combo deck in the realms of tier 2-3.
Anje Falkenrath can cycle through all madness cards for free really fast. I am sure there are some ways to abuse this. I don't know any off of the top of my head, but a Razaketh, the Foulblooded reanimator plan seems reasonable. Just run normal b/r tutors, a few reanimation spells, rakazeth, the combo you plan to use him with, and then lands and fill the rest with madness enablers and fast mana, I'd imagine you could do well with it, not entirely sure. Maybe there is a doomsday line as well, like another Grenzo.
Gerrard, Weatherlight Hero is apparently a good eggs commander, but I haven't seem any list. Ichor Wellspring , Krark-Clan Ironworks , etc do seem to have the proper synergies for a sweet list though.
Chainer, Nightmare Adept seems possibly decent. Buried Alive for Zealous Conscripts , Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker , and Phyrexian Delver might be a thing, but I am not sure how much I am a fan of that. It may just be a decent value engine like Elsha.
Pramikon, Sky Rampart is a reasonable include into some decks to fight Tymna the Weaver , kind of a Silent Arbiter effect, able to deal well with some blood pod decks in the meta, but isn't really a commander for cEDH, unless if Spark Double , Sakashima the Impostor , or Helm of the Host for no attacks at all seems useful.
I may go over the other cards more indepth, like the legendaries, but for now:
Cliffside Rescuer , Backdraft Hellkite , Mandate of Peace , Road of Return , Sudden Substitution , Sanctum of Eternity , Leadership Vacuum , Sevinne's Reclamation , Selesnya Eulogist , Mire in Misery, Selesnya Eulogist , and Bone Miser seem posssible, but Dockside Extortionist is the best of them by far.
No data for this card yet.