|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Journey into Nyx (JOU)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Dictate of Karametra
Whenever a player taps a land for mana, that player adds one mana to his or her mana pool of any type that land produced.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||Ashy , rikertchu , Lindough , LoneCrusader399 , Antiat , Dr_Jay , Halphinian , Nemesis , MythicMeadow , Regulus1010 , joshw335 , sneferie , Pelli , Mousemke , saj0219 , pskinn01 , TThors , vashaclarens , jstn.mrrtt|
|Want (2)||Turtlelover73 , CoolBeansBrattah|
Dictate of Karametra Discussion
5 days ago
The following group hug cards are in your list:
- Collective Voyage
- Dictate of Karametra
- Eladamri's Vineyard
- Heartbeat of Spring
- Keeper of Progenitus
- Natural Balance
- New Frontiers
- Tempt with Discovery
- Vernal Bloom
- Veteran Explorer
You are missing Spoils of Victory
2 weeks ago
Overall, the token theme looks pretty strongly supported. There are a couple really neat niche cards like Viscious Shadows that should make for some pretty cool games.
Some possible adds to consider:
- Either Farseek or Skyshroud Claim are worth considering. They can fetch duals, which can really help you get out of a bind if you get color-screwed early. 4-color decks are so vulnerable to an early Ghost Quarter.
- Sandwurm Convergence is expensive to cast, but it'll help protect you from flyers in the late game, can be a weakness for K&T. Might be better than Blazing Archon.
- Some conditional board wipes would probably be useful while you build your mana base. Austere Command and Solar Tide can wipe away opposing threats while leaving your tokens largely intact.
- If you intend to keep the card draw payoffs, you probably want at least a couple more ways to draw cards. Dictate of Kruphix is a little less scary than Rites of Flourishing if you're looking for an enchantment to help with Sphere. The Locust God would be a really good one to consider as well.
- If you're looking to make a mana jump in the late game to flood the board with tokens, Dictate of Karametra can really do some work. Flash makes a huge difference.
- Omnath, Locus of Rage can be pretty solid in K&T. You're a little lower to the ground, so maybe that's not what you're going for, but worth thinking about.
Cuts to consider:
- You have a bunch of draw payoff (Hoofprints, Crawler, etc), but not many enablers other than K&T. If you don't want to run more enablers, you might consider cutting some of those payoffs to make room for utility.
- I almost always end up cutting Aura/Artifact Mutation from decks. They feel like they have so much upside, but it's so common to have the wrong one, or only be hitting a mana rock. Return to Dust, Krosan Grip or Sylvan Reclamation are almost always going to server better. Or if you want to lose friends, go for Aura Shards
- I'm not sure that Duelist's Heritage is a very strong political card in this shell. People are already not going to be all that incentivized to attack you (prison effects + lots of chump blockers), and if you have an army ready to win with, helping them against another player is probably not going to prevent them from trying to sweep your board. It's also almost completely useless to you, which is a problem once people start dying.
- Jazal is probably better off as Ezuri, Renegade Leader or just an Overrun of some sort. You might just want more overrun effects in general.
- Treacherous Terrain is so rarely going to get there that you're probably better off just running Farseek so you can fix 2 colors off of BfZ duals (speaking of which, Prairie Stream is on-color).
Good luck. Looks like a deck that should make fun games :)
2 weeks ago
As for the other ones I had most of them in here at one point and cut them all like Hardened Scales and Winding Constrictor. It seems whenever I play Ramos, trying to keep alive is way too much of a commitment. People would just feel like they're super sneaky and shit when they get to use their artifact removal spells on him -__- . i was investing a lot of mana each turn just to keep him alive. So I just decided give up on it and focus making the deck more sustainable even without him and if he lives it's just added bonus.
Also some of your suggestions are great and I have considered them, but those prices tags make me frown haha. Without a doubt they can be subbed in to make it even better but I'm a pretty budget player. Hence why I have Evacuation over Cyclonic Rift lol
I have used some of those instant/sorcery recursion spells. But I've found some better more flexible and cheaper options and will putting them in soon. Treasured Find Reborn Hope and ofc Flood of Recollection
2 weeks ago
The Constrictor and Scales helps you hit 5 counters sooner, making getting to that point just a little bit easier on your deck.
The remaining three help act as finishers, with Exsanguinate helping you to sustain/stabilize in the face of aggro.
Tutors such as Merchant Scroll, Mystical Tutor and Enlightened Tutor manage to avoid breaking the bank while helping to improve consistency of the deck, while also being cheap options that will help you to find the cards you want/need when you need them in a game.
I hope this was helpful!
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Thanks, very much cdkime.
So far it's pretty casual. I may get into a modern night, but that happens an hour away from where I live and I have enough people to play with here for now. Just taking a relaxed approach for now.
Good points on the land. It was the price points that kept me from even looking. I think City of Brass has great potential, especially combined with something like Karplusan Forest in this deck. If this deck evolves to act quick enough, the 1 damage shouldn't be a problem. This deck is still unfolding pretty fast, even with those one turn waits, but I do notice myself often missing one more play per turn.
The thought with Dictate of Karametra is it wouldn't generally cast until that last push, like when I'd be ready to play the Crater's Claws. It worked out in my tests where I play Dictate of Karametra, untap all land with Dramatic Reversal, then doubled my mana up for a big Crater's Claws.That was before I realized Dramatic Reversal only untapped nonland permanents.. oops... Perhaps Early Harvest or Bear Umbra instead of dramatic reversal? Or am I heading the wrong direction with this and those spots would be better suited for something else?
I believe you're probably right about 4 copies of the better low-cost cards... I haven't defined what those are yet. Any recommendations for me to trial?
I definitely have found myself wanting more Hardened Scales.
Thanks again for your time and the recommendations. I am grateful, and excited to order the cards for this when it's a little finer tuned so I can trial it live.
1 month ago
Is there a particular format you plan to play, or is this just casual? I presume the later. If you wish to play at a game store, you should consider trying to make the deck Modern legal--most game stores have a Modern night.
Upgrading your mana base will help you considerably--lands that enter tapped are less than ideal. A perfect mana base can be pretty expensive (Duel Lands, Shock Lands, Fetch Lands), but here are some budget alternatives to consider:
- Replace Frontier Bivouac with City of Brass. The 1 damage is fairly insignificant, and it provides any colour you might need.
- Replace Temple of Abandon and one Swamp with Karplusan Forest. You have the option of using this land for generic mana for free.
- You could probably stand to lose a couple copies of Llanowar Reborn (possibly all of them). I would replace them with another pain land (like Karplusan Forest) that produces Green and something else.
Dictate of Karametra helps your allies as much as it helps you, and has quite a high mana cost. I would not run it.
More copies of Hardened Scales would not hurt--the extra +1/+1 counters stack, and at one mana, it is easy enough to cast.
Signal the Clans is a terrible tutor. Probably not worth running.
Overall, I think you are off to a good start. As you test your deck more, figure out what works, and what does not. You should really be running 4 copies of your best low-costed creatures, so figure out which ones you want to make sure you always draw.
1 month ago
There are many cards that boost Ghave to the stars. You probably know them, but lets review them just in case you were missing one of them:
Doubling Season, Primal Vigor, Parallel Lives, Anointed Procession, Cathars' Crusade, Seedborn Muse, Dictate of Karametra and never forget Ashnod's Altar (warning! infinite combo enabler) also Phyrexian Altar infinite enabler but not so infinite, like half infinite.
Also work amazingly with Ghave creratures with undying, the lower cost ones are Young Wolf, Butcher Ghoul, Strangleroot Geist, you sacrifice them, and they come back with +1/+1 counter you can remove to create a Saproling and start over again.
The biggest problem is you dont have easy access to haste for everybody in your colors Concordant Crossroads and Akroma's Memorial are your only options. You can instead use Vedalken Orrery and make your infinite tokens before untapping.
They will try to break your combo pieces so some recursion is important I just found this Dwarf and I like her a lot Restoration Specialist but there are a lot of options, you are in the right colors for recursion ;)
If you have a Privileged Position around home looking for a deck, this is that deck.