|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Journey into Nyx (JOU)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Dictate of Karametra
Whenever a player taps a land for mana, that player adds one mana to his or her mana pool of any type that land produced.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (21)||Ashy , Lindough , LoneCrusader399 , Antiat , Halphinian , Nemesis , joshw335 , sneferie , Pelli , Mousemke , jstn.mrrtt , rikertchu , marcus638 , vashaclarens , TThors , Wolfebladeelite , Regulus1010 , saj0219 , Lander , Pumpkinking913 , Kleptozaniac|
|Want (12)||CoolBeansBrattah , Turtlelover73 , vaerth , Zanbar , imapuncha , vynnr , Poggy , obitus , Feanoriel , humanbean , orzhov_moskalski , drwhosmith4|
Dictate of Karametra Discussion
4 days ago
3 months ago
Alrighty, took a quick look and made some adjustments, could you tell me what you think darksilver? Going to remove Dakmor Salvage, Elves of Deep Shadow, Roil Elemental, Font of Fortunes, Phyrexian Arena, Darksteel Ingot, Commander's Sphere, Dictate of Karametra, and Temple of the False God. To replace these I was gonna add Realms Uncharted, Horn of Greed,Kiora, Master of the Depths, Secrets of the Dead, Ramunap Excavator, Burgeoning, Sands of Delirium, Elixir of Immortality, Havengul Lich, and Barren Moor. Have not added Alchemist's Refuge yet, need to though. Thinking about removing an artifact to facilitate this, maybe Ratchet Bomb or Wayfarer's Bauble. Or maybe Jace or Liliana... Decisions, decisions. But! I haven't made these changes yet!
3 months ago
Okay, I just noticed how many mill cards you are running, and if your plan was to use Dictate of Karametra to Mind Grind for about a million, then obviously you should keep it, and maybe Wight of Precinct Six, but Death's Approach is still questionable at best. I would run Shriekmaw (1 more mana, but is also a creature, and doesn't depend on you having milled them), or Beast Within (Lacks the recursion, but you have few ways to deal with things at instant speed.
Cyclonic Rift is a commander All-star, and is definitely worth running, especially because you don't have very many (or any at all) sweepers.
3 months ago
Just a couple of suggestions:Ravenous Chupacabra is basically a strictly better Nekrataal.Wight of Precinct Six, and Death's Approach are both based off of creatures in your opponent's graveyards, which doesn't do much in your deck. You do seem to have a bit of a mill-theme with cards like Sphinx's Tutelage, but unless you really want to mill someone out, I recommend running a card like Secrets of the Dead.I'm a little confused as to the purpose of Etherium Sculptor. You do have a fair number of artifacts, but they are predominately cards that cost 1-3 mana, and the discount is barely relevant in the late game where this deck wants to build towards.You have Llanowar Scout and Courser of Kruphix, and while it is important to play Muldrotha, the Gravetide ahead of curve, Courser of Kruphix doesn't actually ramp you, and Llanowar Scout is pretty weak, as it has very few mid-late game applications, and is often a worse Rampant Growth. IDK about your budget, but if you want to platy a lot of lands, Ramunap Excavator + Azusa, Lost but Seeking is a good way to play a lot.Dictate of Karametra is good, but you don't really have much for it to ramp you into. I would run another way to mill cards, like Hermit Druid (You don't need to be playing combo for him to be good), or Perpetual Timepiece.Kruphix, God of Horizons, Like Dictate of Karametra, doesn't really ramp you into much. I have been having a lot of fun with Emrakul, the Promised End in this deck, as it usually costs about .Mirror-Mad Phantasm. This card is super sweet, I had totally forgotten about it, but it has the potential to mill your entire deck, which is pretty bad without Laboratory Maniac.
4 months ago
What do you think of Dictate of Karametra and Heartbeat of Spring type effects to help ramp into your commander and adding in some extra stax effects to keep opponents at bay before you cast vorinclex?
4 months ago
The following group hug cards are in your list:
- Collective Voyage
- Dictate of Karametra
- Eladamri's Vineyard
- Heartbeat of Spring
- Keeper of Progenitus
- Natural Balance
- New Frontiers
- Tempt with Discovery
- Vernal Bloom
- Veteran Explorer
You are missing Spoils of Victory
5 months ago
Overall, the token theme looks pretty strongly supported. There are a couple really neat niche cards like Viscious Shadows that should make for some pretty cool games.
Some possible adds to consider:
- Either Farseek or Skyshroud Claim are worth considering. They can fetch duals, which can really help you get out of a bind if you get color-screwed early. 4-color decks are so vulnerable to an early Ghost Quarter.
- Sandwurm Convergence is expensive to cast, but it'll help protect you from flyers in the late game, can be a weakness for K&T. Might be better than Blazing Archon.
- Some conditional board wipes would probably be useful while you build your mana base. Austere Command and Solar Tide can wipe away opposing threats while leaving your tokens largely intact.
- If you intend to keep the card draw payoffs, you probably want at least a couple more ways to draw cards. Dictate of Kruphix is a little less scary than Rites of Flourishing if you're looking for an enchantment to help with Sphere. The Locust God would be a really good one to consider as well.
- If you're looking to make a mana jump in the late game to flood the board with tokens, Dictate of Karametra can really do some work. Flash makes a huge difference.
- Omnath, Locus of Rage can be pretty solid in K&T. You're a little lower to the ground, so maybe that's not what you're going for, but worth thinking about.
Cuts to consider:
- You have a bunch of draw payoff (Hoofprints, Crawler, etc), but not many enablers other than K&T. If you don't want to run more enablers, you might consider cutting some of those payoffs to make room for utility.
- I almost always end up cutting Aura/Artifact Mutation from decks. They feel like they have so much upside, but it's so common to have the wrong one, or only be hitting a mana rock. Return to Dust, Krosan Grip or Sylvan Reclamation are almost always going to server better. Or if you want to lose friends, go for Aura Shards
- I'm not sure that Duelist's Heritage is a very strong political card in this shell. People are already not going to be all that incentivized to attack you (prison effects + lots of chump blockers), and if you have an army ready to win with, helping them against another player is probably not going to prevent them from trying to sweep your board. It's also almost completely useless to you, which is a problem once people start dying.
- Jazal is probably better off as Ezuri, Renegade Leader or just an Overrun of some sort. You might just want more overrun effects in general.
- Treacherous Terrain is so rarely going to get there that you're probably better off just running Farseek so you can fix 2 colors off of BfZ duals (speaking of which, Prairie Stream is on-color).
Good luck. Looks like a deck that should make fun games :)
5 months ago
As for the other ones I had most of them in here at one point and cut them all like Hardened Scales and Winding Constrictor. It seems whenever I play Ramos, trying to keep alive is way too much of a commitment. People would just feel like they're super sneaky and shit when they get to use their artifact removal spells on him -__- . i was investing a lot of mana each turn just to keep him alive. So I just decided give up on it and focus making the deck more sustainable even without him and if he lives it's just added bonus.
Also some of your suggestions are great and I have considered them, but those prices tags make me frown haha. Without a doubt they can be subbed in to make it even better but I'm a pretty budget player. Hence why I have Evacuation over Cyclonic Rift lol
I have used some of those instant/sorcery recursion spells. But I've found some better more flexible and cheaper options and will putting them in soon. Treasured Find Reborn Hope and ofc Flood of Recollection