Please login to comment
Good grief, totally forgot about Skeleton Key
May 25, 2017 9:18 a.m.
Oops, looks like you are already aware of vanishing... That spell is a friggen scourge when I'm playing against Zur
May 24, 2017 9:50 p.m.
Pretty good I suggest that you read the ruling on phasing then slap Vanishing in that deck asap & never look back
May 24, 2017 9:39 p.m.
Yeah I looked harder at the combo now, & it reads; every turn you cast a creature. So the combo is to cast a critter from your hand & start freecasting DoTH from the graveyard... Makes sense.
I'm a huge Emeria Shepherd fan so you'll get no argument from me. Actually all the landfall angels are a blast with Karametra
May 24, 2017 9:21 p.m.
I love those simple-commander spearhead decks. Question, is your most common target with Enlightened Tutor sigarda's aid? I find that card to be ridiculous in Sram. Also due my love of mass destruction I have to mention Worldslayer :) Not sure that you are swinging quite as much indestructible but regardless.
May 24, 2017 3:57 p.m.
My only question is on one of your combos: Karametra's trigger is based on casting a creature, correct? I'm not entirely sure but I think Defense of the Heart is: "search & put creature into play" I don't think it is: "cast for free" so I believe Karametra's "cast creature spell" prerequisite is not being met in that combo...
I've been wrong before but if I am I've been cheated out of an awful lot of combos, might be something to take an extra look at.
May 24, 2017 3:30 p.m.
May 24, 2017 3:03 p.m.
May 24, 2017 2:54 p.m.
Ghostly Prison & a couple of removal spells?
May 24, 2017 11:50 a.m.
Looks pretty good, I have a Sram deck with fairly similar counts on voltron + lands & it tends to beat face consistently. Your's is a little different in that you utilize 2x commanders. That being said, I see a couple of reasons for KEEPING Reyhan, Last of the Abzan
- GREEN color identity, those low cost green hexproof/shroud auras are reason enough to keep Reyhan - In fact I'd think about more due to you having a self-growing commander that isn't quite so screwed by shroud: Sexy BUDGET green aura to think about - Aspect of Mongoose , Canopy Cover , and CURSES!! Bear Umbra isn't budget but it sure smacks people. Pollenbright Wings can suddenly make you swing/block wide & is ridiculous with all that double strike.
- You use so much shroud so it is nice to have a secondary equip option, unfortunately in Sram I actually had to PULL Lightning Greaves due to several games where I played it early for protection but never found myself drawing in to a new equip option; fortunately for you, you have a 2nd option readily available in Reyhan if Ishai, Ojutai Dragonspeaker is shrouded & blocked from further equip/targeting (nifty bonus that his innate ability lets him continue to grow)
Other things I think I noticed/possible suggestions (trying to stay on budget)
- Vanishing - SERIOUSLY CAREFULLY READ THE RULINGS ON HOW PHASING WORKS!!!!!!!!! - I have seen this card attached to Zur wreaking MASSIVE havoc, it is by far more damaging than both indestructible & hexproof combined (as long as you have 2 blue mana open (the only downside for you is if you phase out (Ishai - I don't think his ability makes him grow... but still very strong) Seems mostly superior to Mistmeadow Witch
- Sigarda's Aid maybe?
- Trepanation Blade can surprise people
- Sword of the Animist a little $$ right now for some reason :(
- Grappling Hook I know the cmc is steep but I have surprised quite a few people by using that secondary ability
- Argentum Armor maybe a bit steep $$ or cmcwise
- I would think about taking out Blade of Selves although it is cool I THINK duplicating your legendary creatures would be a dead effect seeing as how those legendary duplicates would be instantly erased (maybe you have it for some deathtrigger combo with Reyhan?)
- Banshee's Blade or because
Really neat deck, I'm a little jealous of some of the color combos & other stuff you utilize that Sram cannot. Curious as to how it would square off against Sram voltron.. probably a 50/50 FAST game type of situation. Also, would depend heavily on the types of mana base both decks were drawing in to.
May 24, 2017 4:26 a.m.
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava Take out a fellow green player nice & quick with this one... then still have kitty cats that aren't so useful against non-forest opponents but still good
May 22, 2017 10:05 p.m.
Yep, if you're talking mono white there aren't too many 4 cmc, bigbutt, double-strike, indestructible, vigilance enablers all on the same card. Concerted effort is also sweet with her
May 22, 2017 9:32 p.m.
I like Oketra, because I can search & play Odric with her then all my stuff is double strike, indestructible, vigilance if I make a warrior... and I don't even have to have 3 creatures out to make use of that
May 22, 2017 10:50 a.m.
Off the rails here... but in a MLD heavy meta from a majority of the games I've played they have not acted in such a game sealing manner as you'd think, They have acted as soft resets (my entire group plays so many self-reliant permanents - think Atraxa, Zur, etc... & MLD is a parallel affect). I think the perception of those spells has been blown out of proportion, it depends, but often enough there is more game to be played after one of those hits
I honestly expected a more surly - Professor Farnsworth style response to my attempted trolling there
May 21, 2017 8:38 p.m.
Nope, in a monocolor deck with MLD in play immediate land andvantage is not so "miniscule advantageous" as you claim, especially when you tend to reset with another plains drop the next turn (and your opponents are bottlenecked with multicolor land fetching). I have had several opponents play MLD for many reasons besides a complete gamelock, usually they see they are on a losing trajectory but can right the ship with a manasource reset... But your overaggressive rants are enjoyable so I keep poking the bear, I do agree with about 1/2 or so of them, just not this one.
May 21, 2017 2:38 p.m.
Agreed with above, strictly better. Offers solid bounceback for MLD. Not AMAZING in this deck but it is not a "bad card" or "do nothing" card. Always is a nice card to have in my Sram deck due to the speedier recovery from my own MLD.
May 20, 2017 9:17 p.m.
Maybe Serra's Sanctum not that you really need a ton of mana if this deck runs the way it should... Although I know people where a lot of white boardwipes & MLD fill their Zur deck then Serra's Sanctum can rock pretty hard.
May 16, 2017 9:35 p.m.
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 2 | 6 COMMENTS | 407 VIEWS
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 2 | 7 COMMENTS | 220 VIEWS
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 1 | 1 COMMENT | 98 VIEWS
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 1 | 2 COMMENTS | 49 VIEWS
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 1 | 2 COMMENTS | 125 VIEWS
|Avg. deck rating||2.00|
|Good Card Suggestions||14|
|Last activity||23 hours|