|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Promo Set (000)||None|
Combos Browse all
Whenever you cast a spell, you gain 1 life for each spell you've cast this turn.
Pay 50 life: Aetherfux Reservoir deals 50 damage to target creature or player.
|Have (9)||TheBl0b , , metalmagic , SketchyScribbler , simicstudent , , metljoe , Bluboltar , Thunderbeard|
|Want (13)||passmethattea , roboticjohn , untwisted , Lavatails , Asapjules , Ivannorr , manuosi , stumpedu2009 , sonnet666 , NiceKrispyTreat , AveryLane , Shuko24 , urahara72|
Aetherflux Reservoir Discussion
5 hours ago
TwinStags Hey! Thanks for making the effort for posting! I have been contemplating the Aetherflux Reservoir . It definitely fits in the deck. I currently have it in my Izzet spellslinger deck, but I think it makes more sense to put it in here. I'll debate on purchasing a second one if I think I need it in both decks. I love the Aria of Flame rec! I've seen the card before and now I'm adding it to my Maybeboard until I get my hands on it. Thanks!
To be honest, I have only played around 5 games with this deck so I'm still int he very early stages of figuring out what gets targeted, what works/what doesn't work, etc. So for now I'm keeping Guttersnipe and Electrostatic Field unless people just target them like crazy.
I agree with you on Assemble the Legion . It was mainly a filler card for some token generation when I first built this deck since I didn't already own Young Pyromancer or Vanguard of Brimaz yet. So it can definitely come out now for something more sleek.
And last but not least, Solar Blaze lol. I have it in as a filler board wipe atm. Obviously not great and doesn't synergize with the deck. That will be one of the first cards out. I actually plan on taking a bunch out: Assemble the Legion , Solar Blaze , Surreal Memoir , Pyre Hound , probably Chandra, Fire Artisan , and Mana Cylix for more mana rocks, Aria of Flame, Land Tax and another board wipe.
7 hours ago
Put mine up
So my biggest suggestion is reducing most instants to 1cmc and adding Aetherflux Reservoir and Aria of Flame . Even if you’re not running the Paradox Engine with a shit ton of mana rocks combo, it’s a hell of a win con.
Even in a focused token deck, I feel like Assemble the Legion is too slow
2 days ago
definitely run Aetherflux Reservoir ! paired with Treasonous Ogre which can be either drawn into or tutored with Imperial Recruiter . Guttersnipe I haven't tried yet. My Zada is a win turn 3-4 with a god hand and 5-7 turn win but majority are turn 5-6. I can win without aetherflux but the more win options the better. Treasonous Ogre is also a key piece in zada and it isn't expensive
3 days ago
3 days ago
For the most part, the deck looks like you want to win by drawing out your library or win by casting enough spells to blow up someone with AER.
What happens when those two permanents are dealt with? Is there anything else this deck can do? Have you play tested it against anything?
I'm being extra critical here because the competitive meter says 100% but I just don't see it. I will admit that blue is by far my weakest color. Perhaps I'm missing something here.
4 days ago
Whitehamma, sorry for the wait. I've had a little bit of time to mull over additional feedback.
Also, weird tangential thought but your name makes me think of this clip Black Hammer & White Lightning from Major League II. I highly doubt your name is a reference to an obscure early 90's sports comedy...eh my age is probably showing lol.
Without the deck primer, what would you swap? - Whitehamma
Okay, feedback. First, lets start with what you're missing, and how we can compensate - You have little Draw and interaction in the deck. As previously mentioned, the following are must haves:
- Beast Within - this is mandatory, you arguing. It shuts down other players when they're trying to combo out and assume you having nothing because you're mono green and have mana left open.
- Krosan Grip - excellent removal for those pesky Aetherflux Reservoir s, Paradox Engine s and other combo enablers.
- Desert Twister - Expensive CMC wise, but it seems to fit the Vorthos mindset you have going on here. Seems like a nice flavorful Wurm-y spell.
- Borrowing the East Wind - Exotic, and definitely in the realm of "nobody would expect this" - but monetarily it's pricey like Sylvan Library. Worth mentioning as you could just wtf bash a whole table in if you have a slight life lead.
- Drop of Honey - Exotic as well and also very unexpected for monogreen. If you happen to have one, i'd say it'd be a fun include...as the majority of your creatures are huge - but the monetary pricetag is ridiculous. thought i'd toss this one in just in case you happened to have been sitting on one, and didn't realize it. Ya never know.
- Triumph of the Hordes - an alternate wincon in monogreen for your deck. Worth the price (monetarily)
- Heroic Intervention - a good card to play when someone decides to wrath or a good response when an opponent gets cheeky when assigning blockers.
What to Remove?
Now that's a hard question. Mostly because 1. I don't know your meta, 2. I don't know your playstyle/preferences, 3. budget. I guess I can just toss some ideas of what I think doesn't really work...and well leave it at that.
- Temur Sabertooth - i'm not following the purpose of this card in this deck. Unless you're abusing ETB triggers. This would seem like diminishing returns though, as none of your creatures have a "ETB untap all lands you control" - i'd pursue a creature that would better interact with this, or just cut it.
- Seedborn Muse - playing magic on other people's turns if fun, but as far as i'm tracking you don't have more than one card that can really take advantage of all that open mana. Unless i'm missing something, these cards are a niche strategy that don't seem central to your deck's themes - i'd cut them both.
Those are my thoughts, let me know what I was completely wrong about, and what was thought provoking.
5 days ago
Yeah, definitely depends on your meta. I assume since Niv is targeted so much, that is the reason you are running 10+ counterspells. If that wasnt the case I would say your best vet would be to use one of those slots for the Collar. If you are thinking about more protection for Niv, in order to maybe free up some card slots by getting rid of some counters since Niv can’t be countered anyway, you could try some of these—again these may not be what you’re looking for, but could be worth trying out: Darksteel Plate , Glaring Spotlight , Lazotep Plating , Mizzium Skin , and Ring of Evos Isle . Also, not for protection, but Aetherflux Reservoir seems like a staple in most Spellslinger decks.
1 week ago
Yes I have as well, but I've also had instances where the other players removed it enough times to where they beat the 50 health threshold for Aetherflux Reservoir which means I need twice as much hp to win. It has also let my opponent be noticeably greedier with their plays. I do really like the card tho.
Aetherflux Reservoir occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.08%
UR (Izzet): 0.59%
WB (Orzhov): 0.5%
WUB (Esper): 0.44%