|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice Peacekeeper unless you pay (1)(White).
Creatures can't attack.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
1 week ago
I'll give more specific replies shortly, but holy hell, how did I forget about Peacekeeper???? Thank you for the reminder.
1 month ago
A player who drops a ton of lands onto the field with Sakura-Tribe Elder, Cultivate, Farseek, etc. and complains about Armageddon is just as much a hypocrite as the player who drops a Consecrated Sphinx and complains about the Swords to Plowshares, or the player who drops Counterbalance and Sensei's Divining Top and complains about Abrupt Decay, or the player who drops Expropriate and complains about Counterspell.
To run a game-winning effect, or an effect like Expropriate that helps you to win and claims players that run the appropriate answer is 'ruining their fun' is being hypocritical.
It isn't 'fun', generally predicated by the fact that they cannot play.
It stops players from winning, therefor isn't fun.
In that case, should we accept players frowing upon any deck that's goal is to stop others from winning or playing?
Well, on the surface, everytime a player wins the game, both conditions are decks. By a lot of the people on this forum's logic:
Banning winning is acceptable.
This is downright stupid. Even excluding this, any control deck is now banned, from permission to stax. Discard stops people from playing the cards they discarded, so it should be banned? Counterspells - banned. Removal - Banned, Hate - banned.
In fact pillow fort should be banned too, by the fact that it can stop your opponents from playing if their only play is to attack you, but your Glacial Chasm is stopping them or something.
At this point, by that logic, you can't defend youself, stop your opponents, or even win, when that is taken to its logical extremes.
Separately, even to slightly better variant on this argument, if stalling the game and not immediately winning is bannable, should every single board wipe be banned? They can also ruin people's fun, so can single target removal when in a specific situation.
In fact, a Blind Obedience, Stony Silence, Peacekeeper, Stranglehold, or any well-timed hatepiece can do this. Your argument would ban tons of normally played, fair, balanced cards. Unless you want every card like this to be banned or frowned upon, you are the hypocrite.
Even if you were to say these previously mentioned examples would only sometimes stall out a game, so would MLD, many times every player has an abundance of dorks or rocks, and wouldn't be affected in any meaningful way. Sometimes it accelerates the game, under effects like a Dingus Egg effect, or a deck aiming to abuse their own lands being destroyed, such as Titania, Protector of Argoth or The Gitrog Monster.
1 month ago
TolarianTaxCollector, as crazy as it is I just picked up a Peacekeeper and threw it in. I have to remember what I took out for it before I can update the list though lol. I think that now that I'm running it I should probably reconsider Reconnaissance so I can still make full use of my combat steps with everyone else's creatures untapped. I generally don't worry about attacking into someone, but if no one else can attack then they all can probably block Alesha :/
1 month ago
Rikente-Have you thought of using Peacekeeper instead of Ensnaring Bridge, as you can recur it. I find that it also doesn't incur the wrath of modern players who have just lost to Ensnaring Bridge at FNM.
1 month ago
I would run some additional stax piece because once you play you Darksteel Forge you will become a target. If your group allows land destruction I would definitely recommend Armageddon or Ravages of War. Fountain Watch and Greater Auramancy combined on the field means that your stuff can never be targeted by exile spells. Peacekeeper would be an interesting card to try out. Vedalken Orrery would be also a good card to try and use. Since your running Rest in Piece, Helm of Obedience is a one player killer.
Hope these can help!
4 months ago
- I actually do have Savage Lands in the deck... Just not on tapped out, so good catch on that one.
- I re-examined Endless Whispers and decided it NEEDED to go in, I forgot the trigger is not a "May" effect, so it can have a bizarre impact on the game. It would make games with creature sac-heavy decks quite unusual.
- I cannot possibly remove Titania's Song It is way too fun in this artifact-light deck to turn everyone's artifacts into no-ability agents of damage-dealing or using this enchantment as artifact removal - either way I'm happy. It also is an incredibly dopey-looking piece of old-school MtG art :)
- I like the ability to suspend Search for Tomorrow for .. but for a similar base cost cultivate does give me better future oomph & this deck won't worry about too many cards in hand, so I probably will make that switch.
- Depending on how it plays out in a larger group I may end up putting more removal in, however I'm not especially concerned with this deck on strategy locks, even this: Peacekeeper won't kill me considering all the oddball groupslug I have thrown in. My other consideration is additional card-draw: Enchantress's Presence could do some real work in here considering I end up running almost as many enchantments as an enchantress deck.
- Last cards I keep going back & forth on are Engulfing Slagwurm Hypergenesis and Frenzied Fugue - Fugue is such a pet-card for me & it hits PERMANENTS so stealing planeswalkers for an extra round does have its appeal.
4 months ago
@DrkNinja: Any other alternatives you would recommend for walkers? You hate Peacekeeper As legs, & Glacial Chasm only applies to you. Suggestions? I really only need one anyway... Oh, & Sunbird's Invocation is added. Thinking about adding back Ash Barrens...
4 months ago
With your Commander's ability to stop combat how about you just stop it altogether Rest in Peace + Web of Inertia can stop combat completely.