Creatures your opponents control with hexproof can be the target of spells and abilities you control as though they didn't have hexproof.3, Sacrifice Glaring Spotlight: Creatures you control gain hexproof until end of turn and are unblockable this turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (O) Price|
|$0.15||$0.4||$2.0||$1.2||0.02 TIX||0.02 TIX|
|Have (22)||agGravity , Sparky41 , CampbellStev , KoallaKaptin , Spinalripper , orangemysticbird , travis1643 , the.beanpole , ducttapedeckbox , sonnet666 , CustomMI , TheDevicer , pskinn01 , jwe94 , Natedammit , Squillis , philktoken8998 , LabRattKing , maiden77 , GoofyFoot , miracle , DrLitebur|
Glaring Spotlight Discussion
1 day ago
Sorry I haven't replied, I haven't been on T/O for a little while.
Thanks! I'm glad you had fun playing it. I mainly have two AEther Vials because of the cost and space in the deck. But you're right, they're really good with the werewolves.
As far as the Glaring Spotlights they're for the hexproof, unblockable hit for a finisher more than removing hexproof. I want to leave at least one for a different way to win.
And, yeah, the sideboard is pretty much a general placeholder right now.
Thank you very much for all of the feedback!
3 days ago
I like this deck. Just have a few suggestions:
1 week ago
hey, thanks for checking out my deck - looks like ours have a lot of similarities as you'd expect. For dank, you should look into Triskelion, which I like to work in with Strionic Resonator for infinite damage. Definitely good call on the Altar of the Brood, somehow never thought of that as a win condition. For removal, I run Path to Exile in addition to Swords because targeted removal can be so key. Trinket Mage and Treasure Mage have both been big winners for me too, especially fetching something like Pithing Needle or Glaring Spotlight to deal with a Narset or other hexproof guy.
1 week ago
To summarize my most recent changes I am testing out:
- Worn Powerstone -> Palladium Myr: Having my mana rocks also be creatures turns out to actually make a difference in how the deck plays. This is a followup to similar changes already implemented.
- Molten Psyche -> Chaos Warp: I hadn't been using Chaos Warp because I didn't feel I needed it. However, with Chandra, Flamecaller in the deck, I felt I didn't need Molten Psyche anymore. Chaos Warping My own field is actually kind of fun.
- Treasonous Ogre -> Soulbright Flamekin: I am trying this out because copying Soulbright Flamekin nets me 2 more red mana to use when comboing out, gives trample, and is a 2-drop. I didn't mind paying life for mana, but it hasn't really been all that useful or fun after I took out Soul Conduit.
- Dragonmaster Outcast -> Embodiment of Fury: Alright, turns my lands into creatures, gives my lands trample, gives me more Zada targets (without needing 6 lands out), interacts well with Twinflame and Heat Shimmer, and has awesome art.
- Glaring Spotlight -> Sundial of the Infinite: The idea here is to end the turn after the beginning of the end step, but before the tokens from Chandra, Flamecaller, Feldon of the Third Path, Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker, Twinflame, Heat Shimmer, or Splinter Twin actually leave play.
- Myr Battlesphere -> Thopter Assembly: GobboE's suggestion has been working out nicely, and even if it isn't an ETB, the tokens are better at actually helping me win. It interacts reasonably well with Descent of the Dragons.
1 week ago
Yeah I agree with Clay's suggestion and you have a lot of land fetch so swap one of them out for the Assemble the Legion and instead of the Archetype of Endurance I would put a Glaring Spotlight because it grants the hexproof if you really need it or it gives the opening for that final push if you need it. If you want more ideas take a look at my Call the Armies.
1 week ago
I played the deck online all night and really loved it. it is really fun and "okay" competitive, and I love the tribal feel of playing alot of werewolfs. It gets you the chance to say in chat stuff like: "Watch out, the moon is near - and with it your end". and then playing Moonmist and killing him :0) love it!
I did a few tweeks:removed the Glaring Spotlights for a full set of AEther Vial. You NEED AEther Vial to turn ur guys. If your wasting a turn not playing a spell u need to get a dude on the ground with flash. I know we have Wolfir Avenger, but it really works well with AEther Vial.
I changed the Whole SB to help me in what I see the meta as... but I thank you one more time for the idea for the deck. its very fun :0)
Howl on my friend :0)
1 week ago
Super cool deck. I really wanna go home and play it on MTGO :0) +1 from me.
2 Things... why do u only play 2 AEther Vial? If u ask me u choose to see it as a big part of ur aggro strategi or dont use it at all. playing 2 seems wierd.
i dont really like having Glaring Spotlight in main. 3 mana is a lot to keep up to save ur dudes. i would rather let the creature die and play another or shoot a bolt or something. the Card really doesnt do that much in that many games. if u wanna play it put it in the sb for Slippery Bogle decks. But there are better Cards dealing with bogle.
thats was just my thoughts anyway. but i really like the deck :0)
3 weeks ago
Two big things I would appreciate opinions on are #1Glaring Spotlight vs Basilisk Collar: glaring spotlight is a finisher which its sacrifice ability which wins me more games than anything else, but basilisk collar would be scary with all this first strike. #2 the two cost creatures: Paladin en-Vec vs Knight of Meadowgrain vs Leonin Skyhunter vs Knight of the Holy Nimbus vs about half the knight creature options... I'm probably missing some. Advice on other parts are always appreciated too though.
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all