New Benalia enters the battlefield tapped.
When New Benalia enters the battlefield, scry 1. (Look at the top card of your library. You may put that card on the bottom of your library.)
: Gain .
|Have (2)||gildan_bladeborn , Smokingclays|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Heroes vs. Monsters (DDL)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Venser vs. Koth (DDI)||Uncommon|
|Future Sight (FUT)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
New Benalia occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
New Benalia Discussion
1 week ago
And i noticed smth else, why play Terramorphic Expanse and Evolving Wilds they only fetch you plains and thining out a 100 card deck by 2 cards, doesnt seem to be worth it to play a tapped land. There are some usefull utility plains or other such as: Maze of Ith,Mistveil Plains, Hall of Heliod's GenerosityTemple of the False GodEmeria, The Sky Ruin Myriad Landscape for Ramp
1 month ago
This deck isn't designed to combat any specific meta. It's a Pet Deck for fun. I do put in the effort to make it the best it can be, but I don't consider it suitable for high level play.
2cmc Knights in general are exceedingly lackluster. I've spent some time considering every option available, and the two I'm using I feel are the best of what little there is.
- Sigiled Paladin's exalted trigger benefits The Curve.
- Knight of Meadowgrain provides a bit of lifegain to race other aggro decks and buffer my life for Shefet Dunes.
I don't believe Knight of the Holy Nimbus is any good. It doesn't have any synergy or other utility. Being annoying isn't enough.
- New Benalia provides card selection, and there are opportunities to play it without significant tempo loss.
- Shefet Dunes is late-game reach.
Deckthinning is statistically negligible. The benefits from it won't manifest within the length of an average game. And this is an aggro deck, so I don't want games lasting long to begin with. Fetchlands won't be a part of this deck unless there are lands worth fetching.
Aether Vial doesn't function properly in this deck:
- My creature count is far too low. Look at any 5c Humans or Bant Spirits deck list and you'll see them running 30+ creatures.
- All of my Knights are vanilla attackers. Decks like 5c Humans and Bant Spirits have a collection of ETB triggers and other disruptive effects they can abuse with Aether Vial at instant-speed.
- Aether Vial does nothing for the noncreature haymakers this deck benefits from.
3 months ago
Looks like a good start! +1
Hope this helps!
5 months ago
first of all: I love your list, it helps me with my manabase when creating decks a lot :)
I recommend this list to friends when they are stuck with their manabase.
Please add following cards:
From the last expansions:
Modern Horizon 1; "Horizon" or "Canopy" Lands ( named after Horizon Canopy ) :
Throne of Eldraine:
- Castles: Castle Ardenvale , Castle Vantress , Castle Locthwain , Castle Embereth , Castle Garenbrig
- Basic-Land-Type Lands: Idyllic Grange , Mystic Sanctuary , Witch's Cottage , Dwarven Mine , Gingerbread Cabin
- Fetchland: Fabled Passage (It's just a worse version of Prismatic Vista , I'll leave it up to you if you want to add it)
- Tournament Grounds
also do you mind adding this link to your description: Channelfireball Mana Evaluation, it helped me a lot when deciding how many Lands and how many and what colours to play.
6 months ago
This looks fun and really powerful for a White deck.. I would consider one Leyline of Sanctity and one Heliod, God of the Sun and the reason is because in my opinion is the for the Leyline's three is efficient enough and with the Heliod I just think in most instances more than two Legendary is over-kill unless there is a really good reason to have more than that. I also think that running 28 land is way too much and you don't really need the New Benalia I would take those out. In place of these cards I would put in two Rule of Law , two Smothering Tithe and possibly two other creatures that would make a impact.. either that or maybe two Gideon Blackblade .
6 months ago
8 months ago
Now I've realized you have 73 cards. That's a lot of cards.
I agree with most of what Apollo_Paladin said. In addition to that I say:
Cut one Shalai, Voice of Plenty . She's really good but her effects are kinda redundant, even more so because you can't have two at the same time on the battlefield to protect each other.
Since you don't have lots of value engines that synergize with Segovian Angel , in my opinion this can be cut.
Also, I see that you've cut the Inkmoths. However, this is a really heavy deck. You can't run only 18 lands. I'd suggest 22 lands. Just add 4 more Plains .
While on the topic of lands, take Forbidding Watchtower out for reasons similar to Blinkmoth. You can replace it with New Benalia as you don't have too many cheap costed cards and it has nice value attached to it.
10 months ago
Hi, nice deck - one of our playgroup has an Oketra deck and it is serious stuff.
I'll start by seconding the inclusion of Hall of Heliod's Generosity , probably just drop a plains.
Other Lands - Cryptic Caves if you think you can handle another colourless source, and New Benalia is handy if you don't need rocket speed. Homeward Path is probably a meta-call and could be unnecessary.
As for suggestions;
I'd also like to recommend Odric, Lunarch Marshal so your team gets Double Strike from the big-O and Vigilance from her zombies, as well as probably Flying! He'd be the perfect replacement for the dropped Skirmisher.
Luminarch Ascension is a beating in Commander if you can drop it and defend it.
Suggested cuts for the above with a bit of reasoning:
- Dictate of Heliod (The impact isn't much in the grand scheme of things and you'll rarely Flash it in for a blow-out turn. Cathars' Crusade is way better and will win you more games)
- Dreamstone Hedron (already expensive before it ramps you)
- Staff of the Sun Magus (there's plenty of life gain without this)
- Archangel of Tithes (I don't think your tax effects constitute a sub-theme enough for this to be making life too hard for your opponents, i.e. you don't have a lot of traditional accompanying 'pillow fort' things)
- Angel of Jubilation is also a bit of a meta-call as a potential cut for something.
Hope you do well with the deck! GLHF