|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Common|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Soldier
Palace Guard can block any number of creatures.
Palace Guard Discussion
1 month ago
- Nyxborn Shieldmate for Boros Reckoner both better creatures and reckoner works amazing with lightmines if u decide to add it
- Palace Guard for Archetype of Aggression
- Darksteel Plate for Whispersilk Cloak since your guys are invincible anyways. this also deters them from being targeted.. boardwipes will still work though.
- Stoneforge Masterwork for Tenza, Godo's Maul if up u this on ur commander hes a 10/7 menance with trample, seems like a better piece
- Armory of Iroas - Sunforger costs a few more mana but u have alot of tricks u can pull out of it for free late game
- Staff of Nin for Mind's Eye
- Avacyn's Collar for Spear of Heliod upgrades all ur doods and makes people scared to attack you
- Manalith for Commander's Sphere an upgrade
- Act of Treason for Faithless Looting card draw with flashback seems always good
- Mass Mutiny - Mob Rule seems like an upgrade
- Miraculous Recovery - Settle the Wreckage amazing board wipe, can really put you ahead. if not interested in a board wipe id suggest maybe a single target removal like Chaos Warp . i feel like you need ways to deal with high pressure threats
- Pay No Heed - Deflecting Palm
- Righteousness for Fight to the Death i know these two cards arent related, but how hilarious would it be to cast this when someone else is combating another player, basically can wipe two players boards if timed proper. if u would prefer to keep a combat trick here i would suggest maybe Gods Willing or something that does not require the creature to be blocking
- Smite - Ride Down
- Warleader's Helix - Savage Beating or Ajani Vengeant i feel helix doesnt provide enough value, for removal it is very weak , if u want good removal to replace this instead of a threats i listed, i would consider Oblivion Ring type cards
- Martial Glory - Boros Charm charm is must include, so much value! protect from boardwipes including land destruction! removal or maybe boost ur commander after blocks with a double strike if some1 is already been hit once and hello 21 commander dmg
2 months ago
First and foremost Sram, Senior Edificer is a must. Lightning Greaves is a very powerful equipment that gives solid protection for a low cost. Stoneforge Mystic is obviously powerful, especially combined with Batterskull . Voltron is a really fun archetype but I honestly think you may be running too many creatures. I'd suggest cutting Palace Guard as well as Entangler as it is just too slow and you would rather have something that gives a more substantial buff at that point.
4 months ago
Picked up Pariah Palace Guard , and Guardian of the Gateless . Should be a fun time once they are all out. Gonna find a Armageddon soon at a lcg. I am running a minor angel sub theme with just good creatures for other ways to win but its not my main idead of the deck once Avacyn is out i plan to nearly be unkillable as my playgroup dont exile much
4 months ago
8 months ago
I don't like Angelic Page, he has to to use his ability, where Exalted is immediate. He can pump a blocker, but not sure the +1/+1 is worth it.
I'd probably rather have a Neurok Stealthsuit (Shroud) over a single use Favor of the Overbeing (Vigilance/Flying). Even if you don't have the for attach, just pay equip. It's not bad, but Exalted/Shroud/Hex are more valuable in single removal scenarios, especially if your sorcery +'s them. Have to reply on the protection spells to save them.
Skarrg Goliath CMC7 Bloodrush at least is instant, Enlarge you'll have to be sure to have the CMC5 + a protection spell (or shroud/hex) before engaging that. Why does it have a monster kitten in the pic!
You should have lots of blockers (the exalted crew), Guardian of the Gateless is a flying blocker, but dont think you need this ability. Palace Guard is even worse with no flying, Fog instead it's the same thing pretty much. Since neither has Exalted anyway.
Banishing Light is similar to Oblivion Ring and doesn't carry the $2 burden of Journey to Nowhere. If you planning on Infinite Combo off of the the ETB/LTB of Journey to Nowhere then keep it, if not, I would just go with Banishing Light (even though it can't infinite combo)
Pentarch Ward feels missing, it gives Pro-Color of your choice, the best part is it draws a card to replace itself (and you can still choose white). Never hurts you because of the draw, unless they remove the creature in response.
10 months ago
casual multiplayer deck here. usually games of 4-5 players. hit me up with some of those suggestions if you have any.
land tutoring obviously Evolution Charm if needed
11 months ago
The best way to improve this deck would probably be to take out a lot of the low impact cards, like:
Ritual of Rejuvenation (one shot, doesn't really do much)
Renewed Faith (same thing)
Valor Made Real (if you want this effect, get an enchantment that does a similar thing, like High Ground, Brave the Sands, or a creature with this ability, like Palace Guard or Guardian of the Gateless)
Retreat to Hagra (Really slow, especially for 40 life).
Cards I would consider adding that are still pretty budget:
Soul's Attendant (since you have Warden)
Wretched Confluence has a lot of good modes and is an instant.
Sacred Mesa is good in a slow, grindy deck like this to keep chumping or eventually fly over for victory
1 year ago
Nice deck!I like your approach - you use most powerful cards in each color. Also i consider your work on categorization of cards.
There is few cards you may like to your "stax" theme:Rhystic Deluge can tap
Rishadan Cutpurse can force your opponents to sacrifice permanents and great with flickers
Escape Routes will bounce your Palace Guard when its about to dead or serch more auras with Heliod's Pilgrim
Righteous Aura is better then any circle of protection (i guess)
Detainment Spell better then Arrest and Faith's Fetters, because you have alot of prevent already, but this cheaper
Field Surgeon save your creatures from Pestilence or such
Soltari Visionary maybe fine, considering you have only 1 enchantment removal
Snuff Out better then Doom Blade because it can be played for
No data for this card yet.