|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Soldier creatures have vigilance. (Attacking doesn't cause them to tap.)
(2)(White): Put a 1/1 white Soldier creature token into play.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||Tiddilywinkus , ironax , GoldGhost012 , TheAlmostHero , the.beanpole , mziter501 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Xue-Kaihua , Antiat , Crimson6 , Friedrice24 , Ashy , Vasbear1 , silvereh|
|Want (9)||kodie53 , sleepy104 , wlbreda , Talonisnthavingit , Turtlelover73 , link2213 , Bull_Kai , iisfunnyman , XVicarious|
5 days ago
I think that you put this deck under the wrong format: it should be modern instead of standard, because none of these cards (except the lands, of course) are standard legal. Raise the Alarm might be good for this deck, and combos really nicely with Mobilization. Running Day of Judgment and Wrath of God might be a little risky, as your deck seems to mostly rely on using creatures to win the game. Mirran Crusader is a really good card that shuts down green and black, and even if you are facing other colors than that, having a 2/2 double strike it always nice. If you need (and only if you need) more removal (even though you seem to have a good amount), Banishing Light is always an option. I would not run 4 Wall of Omens in my opinion, as this is a more aggressive deck, but it's your deck. +1 to you.
1 month ago
Jaddi Offshoot is an obvious cut.
Jareth, Leonine Titan is too selfish (and expensive) for my taste.
Without blinking, Stonehorn Dignitary is not worth it.
I hope that helps make room for you. Now you can rip into my outdated deck, if you'd like... or give it a much needed upvote.
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 1 | 44 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
2 months ago
When trying to make tokens I like to use cards that can work consistently and are more likely to stick around; for example Sacred Mesa and Mobilization. Heliod, God of the Sun and Oketra the True are nice, but they fit better with Ephara, God of the Polis since there's access to Training Grounds.
2 months ago
For starters, this looks like a fun deck to play. Swarming the board with tokens is always an exciting strategy. I find myself agreeing with ZendikariWol though about swapping commanders. This kind of deck would probably prefer a commander that costs less than 7 because that's a lot.
Also, your mana curve is rather high. Lowering it means you'll have more to play on earlier turns more often.
Here are some cards I might recommend adding:
- Conqueror's Pledge - I heard you liked soldiers
- Captain's Call or Cenn's Enlistment - similar effects, one has more upfront tokens but the other you can cast repeatedly.
- Hero of Bladehold - not a soldier herself but brings friends and buffs all attackers
- Teferi's Protection - token decks are weak to boardwipes. This phases you and all your permanents out of existence letting your token army dodge the removal. Obviously this is expensive, so I think it would depend on your meta
- Sergeant-at-Arms - Makes one soldier early game. Makes 3 soldiers late game
- Daru Warchief - buffs and discounts
- Field Marshal - buffs and first strike
- Veteran's Armaments - essentially a 0 equip cost
Here are some cards I might recommend removing:
- Planar Portal - wow, 12 mana tutor. That's a lot of mana. And you do have Citanul Flute which is similar
- Angelic Arbiter - this prevents you from casting something like Mobilization and then capitalizing on it
- Herald of War - not a soldier, doesn't buff all your non-human soldiers
- Mikaeus, the Lunarch - lots of mana, $5
- Requiem Angel - also not a soldier. Though the tokens are nice, they aren't soldiers, to be fair
- Weathered Wayfarer - I know white doesn't have tons of options for this kind of thing, but this is $14 and seems rather out of place.
2 months ago
Help me make this a deck
Commander / EDH*
0 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
have protection from board wipes, faster mana ramp and a trick or two to win. I think I ordered Odric, Master Tactician, Mobilization and Assemble the Legion. Those should help, but not sure what to take out. Big thanks from a new player!
3 months ago
Here's some ideas.
Replace the Butcher's Cleaver or Slayer's Plate with a Loxodon Warhammer. Same Cost, same equip, same damage bonus, but not having a restriction on the creature type and the additional trample are pretty nice.
I've always felt that Bonds of Faith is better in a 60 card deck than Commander. Too many threats and it suffers from the same problems that all Auras have.
The Citadel Siege feels out of place. I get the point of the two +1/+1 counters each combat, but if the board is empty, it becomes useless.
Please consider the following equipment (in no particular order):
Sword of Kaldra
Creatures to consider:
Additional cards to look at:
4 months ago
Not bad. There's definitely a lot of synergy here. Here are some cards you might want to consider: Mother of Runes for protection, Weathered Wayfarer and Solemn Simulacrum for some more land insurance/ramp, Geist-Honored Monk and Angel of Invention are both great token generators on bodies, Path to Exile and Oblation are both decent spot removal. I also very much like Grasp of Fate as it exiles something from each of your opponents. Mind Stone and Hedron Archive are both nice mana rocks that can turn into cards when you need them. Finally, Gideon, Ally of Zendikar has become a lot more affordable since it rotated out and works great with your deck.
Cards I would consider cutting since they are either not that good or too slow for what they do: Court Street Denizen, Frontline Medic, God-Favored General, Intrepid Hero, Precinct Captain, Requiem Angel, Twilight Drover, Call for Unity, Gideon's Intervention, Mobilization, Deploy to the Front.
6 months ago
Going to try removing the tokens + mass death package because it's clumsy and unfun. No more:
Substituting in some more interactive cards:
Search for azcanta for Quest for Ancient Secrets