|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact — Equipment
Imprint When Strata Scythe enters the battlefield, search your library for a land card, exile it, then shuffle your library.
Equipped creature gets +1/+1 for each land on the battlefield with the same name as the exiled card.
Strata Scythe Discussion
1 month ago
Academy Ruins - reuse your land fetch artifacts.
Buried Ruin - same as above.
Inventors' Fair - can fetch your artifacts.
Fabricate - fetch which artifact you need.
Enlightened Tutor - self explanatory
Dispatch - you have enough artifacts that this can be a no draw back path or swords.
Baleful Strix - value
Magus of the Moat - to go with your sanctuary.
Archetype of Imagination - creatures can't attack you with Moat or Sanctuary out.
Junk Diver - re use artifacts
Workshop Assistant - re use artifacts.
Myr Retriever - re use artifacts.
Alela, Artful Provocateur - can be a hidden commander/backup to Dakon.
Strata Scythe - can get big.
You might want to cut back on the non basic lands and replace them with the other fetches you can get.
1 month ago
2 months ago
I was thinking of building a gwyn deck as well. Here are some cards I think could be cool to run in this deck. Obviously a lot of options.
- Colossus Hammer - this was built for syr gwyn in mind
- Explorer's Scope - ramp, always important
- Heartseeker - with gwyn, tap to kill target creature
- Surestrike Trident - if you have this and Colossus Hammer it reads, each creature taps to deal 10+ damage to an opponent.
- Ogre's Cleaver - cheap artifact and now free equip
- Haunted Cloak
- Infiltration Lens
- Vorrac Battlehorns - if you want to be mean, put this on syr gwyn
- Loxodon Warhammer
- Chariot of Victory
- Fleetfeather Sandals
- Moonsilver Spear - doesn't fit the theme but flying angels are always fun
- Scythe of the Wretched - this plus Grappling Hook means steal any creature you can kill that isn't tapped
- Strata Scythe - pick the best color of the three. keep in mind this includes lands opponents control
- Authority of the Consuls - slow everyone and gain life
- Blind Obedience - slow everyone down while draining them and gaining life
- Brave the Sands - never worry about swinging each turn and make chump blockers able to block two huge creatures
- Sigarda's Aid - just amazing
- Leonin Shikari - not a knight but now you can switch equipment for free in combat before damage is dealt
- Midnight Reaper
- Syr Alin, the Lion's Claw
- Knight of Grace
- Josu Vess, Lich Knight - late game win condition
- Mirran Crusader
- Vona, Butcher of Magan
- Fiendslayer Paladin
- Silverblade Paladin
Required are Syr Gwyn, Hero of Ashvale and Surestrike Trident . Then you can just go down the line of creatures attaching all of your power increasing equipment and tapping them for tons of damage. If you have Leonin Shikari and Brave the Sands out, then you can all out attack and then do the tapping out on the endstep before your turn. If you don't have Surestrike Trident but instead have Heartseeker then you can just kill a creature for each one you control.
3 months ago
3 months ago
Read your deck help request -- sounds like you want to turn this into a voltron deck, where Omnath gets huge and tramples your opponents into the loam?
Last, you'll want to get Omnath as big as possible as fast as possible - and you need trample or it's all for nothing: Strata Scythe , Rancor ... Epic Proportions is particularly good for the flash; your opponents won't know until it's too late that 1/1 chump block meant their doom.
8 months ago
8 months ago
Alright I'ma break this up into a couple parts. First let me say that I like the concept of the deck! It's pretty cool, and Mowu is a bad ass! Next a lot of these suggestions are going to be meta dependent so keep that in mind. Lastly I think you're too focused on equipment in a color that doesn't do equipment very well... I think you should play some more enchantments as Green does enchantments well! I also think that you should lean into the fact that Green is the best color for ramp, and that makes cards like Strata Scythe / Blanchwood Armor / Blackblade Reforged stupid good.
Here are some cards I think you DESPERATELY need to put into the deck as they are staples or provide a LOT of value.
9 months ago
TheMillKid Thank you for looking at my deck! I really like the Blackblade Reforged maybe a replacement for Strata Scythe . I'm not sure about the Grappling Hook and Nissa, Vital Force but I'd be willing to try them out.
Strata Scythe occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%