Artifact — Equipment
Imprint When Strata Scythe enters the battlefield, search your library for a land card, exile it, then shuffle your library.
Equipped creature gets +1/+1 for each land on the battlefield with the same name as the exiled card.
Printings View all
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Strata Scythe occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Strata Scythe Discussion
2 weeks ago
No. It will only count cards with the name Plains.
The rules text for Strata Scythe specifically says for each land on the battlefield with the same name as the exiled card. As Snow-Covered Plains do not have the same name as a Plains card, they are not counted.
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
You might like these: Flickering Ward, Open the Armory, Conqueror's Galleon Flip, Darksteel Mutation, Reprobation, Cage of Hands, Captured by the Consulate, Coalition Flag, Strata Scythe, Champion's Helm, Hammer of Nazahn, Inquisitor's Flail, Fireshrieker, Spirit Mantle, Balan, Wandering Knight, Armory Automaton
2 months ago
Weathered Wayfarer, Strata Scythe, Idyllic Tutor (yeah I know this is for an enchantment but still if you're getting shitty draws it gives you and opportunity to reshuffle), Call the Gatewatch, Wanderer's Twig, Journeyer's Kite, Enlightened Tutor, Stonehewer Giant, Mirror Entity
5 months ago
Academy Ruins - reuse your land fetch artifacts.
Buried Ruin - same as above.
Inventors' Fair - can fetch your artifacts.
Fabricate - fetch which artifact you need.
Enlightened Tutor - self explanatory
Dispatch - you have enough artifacts that this can be a no draw back path or swords.
Baleful Strix - value
Magus of the Moat - to go with your sanctuary.
Archetype of Imagination - creatures can't attack you with Moat or Sanctuary out.
Junk Diver - re use artifacts
Workshop Assistant - re use artifacts.
Myr Retriever - re use artifacts.
Alela, Artful Provocateur - can be a hidden commander/backup to Dakon.
Strata Scythe - can get big.
You might want to cut back on the non basic lands and replace them with the other fetches you can get.
5 months ago
5 months ago
I was thinking of building a gwyn deck as well. Here are some cards I think could be cool to run in this deck. Obviously a lot of options.
- Colossus Hammer - this was built for syr gwyn in mind
- Explorer's Scope - ramp, always important
- Heartseeker - with gwyn, tap to kill target creature
- Surestrike Trident - if you have this and Colossus Hammer it reads, each creature taps to deal 10+ damage to an opponent.
- Ogre's Cleaver - cheap artifact and now free equip
- Haunted Cloak
- Infiltration Lens
- Vorrac Battlehorns - if you want to be mean, put this on syr gwyn
- Loxodon Warhammer
- Chariot of Victory
- Fleetfeather Sandals
- Moonsilver Spear - doesn't fit the theme but flying angels are always fun
- Scythe of the Wretched - this plus Grappling Hook means steal any creature you can kill that isn't tapped
- Strata Scythe - pick the best color of the three. keep in mind this includes lands opponents control
- Authority of the Consuls - slow everyone and gain life
- Blind Obedience - slow everyone down while draining them and gaining life
- Brave the Sands - never worry about swinging each turn and make chump blockers able to block two huge creatures
- Sigarda's Aid - just amazing
- Leonin Shikari - not a knight but now you can switch equipment for free in combat before damage is dealt
- Midnight Reaper
- Syr Alin, the Lion's Claw
- Knight of Grace
- Josu Vess, Lich Knight - late game win condition
- Mirran Crusader
- Vona, Butcher of Magan
- Fiendslayer Paladin
- Silverblade Paladin
Required are Syr Gwyn, Hero of Ashvale and Surestrike Trident . Then you can just go down the line of creatures attaching all of your power increasing equipment and tapping them for tons of damage. If you have Leonin Shikari and Brave the Sands out, then you can all out attack and then do the tapping out on the endstep before your turn. If you don't have Surestrike Trident but instead have Heartseeker then you can just kill a creature for each one you control.