|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Hour of Devastation (HOU)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Land — Desert
: Add to your mana pool.
, , Tap an untapped creature you control: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Survivors' Encampment Discussion
3 hours ago
Also, you could try Narcolepsy. It's either very good or very bad I think.
3 weeks ago
Cut the following:
Save it and let me look at it after.
1 month ago
I really like the Bloodspore Thrinax in this deck. But I'd cut kind of every other +1/+1 counter card. The Thrinax lets your new snakes come into play bigger and lets every creature neutralize some -1/-1 counters put on them to get more snakes, which is awesome. But the other +1/+1 enablers aren't strong enough to keep up with the -1/-1 synergy of this deck.
You could find a way to get Hapatra through, e.g. Whispersilk Cloak or Key to the City. Some ramp will be useful as well, the usual suspects would be Fellwar Stone, Golgari Signet, Golgari Cluestone, Commander's Sphere, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Rampant Growth.
Rupture Spire and Transguild Promenade are strictly better than Survivors' Encampment and Unknown Shores, but you really don't even need them in a two-color deck. Try Golgari Guildgate, Golgari Rot Farm, Jungle Hollow, Hissing Quagmire, Llanowar Wastes, Tainted Wood, Temple of Malady. Terramorphic Expanse is a second Evolving Wilds, Opal Palace and Path of Ancestry should be auto-includes in a budget deck.
1 month ago
Traxos is tough... something like this would work.
Aether Hub, Arch of Orazca, Cascading Cataracts, Cradle of the Accursed, Dunes of the Dead, Endless Sands, Field of Ruin, Grasping Dunes, Hostile Desert, Inventors' Fair, Painted Bluffs, Scavenger Grounds, Sequestered Stash, Spire of Industry, Sunscorched Desert, Survivors' Encampment, Unclaimed Territory, Unknown Shores
Wastes woulda been nice here but at least we have a lot of colorless deserts. Not sure if its enough for a 60 card deck... I could be missing a few. Plus there are a few that come in tapped I believe.
1 month ago
I really love the idea behind this deck! It reminds me of something I would have come up with when I first started playing (I mean this in a very positive way!), as it is both plausible and creative!
- Cut 3 Khenra Eternal: They don't really fit into your game plan.
- Add 1 Wall of Forgotten Pharaohs: This card can be powerful in this type of deck.
- Cut 3 Painted Bluffs, 2 Survivors' Encampment, 2 Island, and 2 Swamp: This with the additions below will help smooth out your mana.
- Add 3 Ifnir Deadlands, 4 Fetid Pools, and 4 Drowned Catacomb: Since you are trying to ramp into something big, you probably want to hit as many land drops as you can. Plus you are running a lot of cycling lands, so that'll help mitigate flood.
- Cut 2 Faith of the Devoted, 2 Bontu's Monument, and 2 Kefnet's Monument: These cards don't have enough synergy with your deck, and you could use these slots to be more focused.
- Add 1 Trespasser's Curse, 2-3 Dowsing Dagger , and 3-4 Ammit Eternal: Dowsing Dagger can be really cute with Trespasser's Curse! And Ammit Eternal will ensure your damage gets through
- Cut 3 Scribe of the Mindful, 2 Merciless Eternal, and 1 Seeker of Insight: these cards are less good now that you've gotten rid of faith - Seeker and the Eternal still have potential though, which is why I left them.
- Add more removal! Once you get your Torment of Scarabs online, this deck will really be able to punish any opponent that can't get more than one creature out at a time.
- Removal to consider: Fatal Push, Vraska's Contempt, Underhanded Designs, Trial of Ambition, Ravenous Chupacabra, Tetzimoc, Primal Death, Doomfall, Hour of Glory, Hostage Taker, Essence Extraction, Yahenni's Expertise or Walk the Plank
- Along with your new removal, you may want to play a copy of Dead Man's Chest because that's just cute. And I'm sure this goes without saying, but this deck would also like 2 The Scarab God
- You can easily get the city's blessing with this deck with all of the enchantments that you have, so playing Kumena's Awakening and Vona's Hunger would likely be good. Along the same route, Twilight Prophet would be great too
At this point, I'm sure you're getting tired of reading, but before you go, I will suggest one more thing: either add green or cut blue for green. This allows you to ramp with cards like Spring and Thunderherd Migration, which will power out your big cards earlier!
Hopefully this was at least somewhat helpful. Feel free to reach out with your thoughts on my suggestions. Excited to see how you change it up. Please keep me updated on the results.
1 month ago
I would just put a little focus on a better manabase: Forsaken Sanctuary, Evolving Wilds, Aether Hub (now that is still legal) and even Survivors' Encampment (since you have so many creatures with Vigilance) are all nice additions. Shefet Dunes, Ifnir Deadlands, Scavenger Grounds and Field of Ruin are instead excellent utility lands that come handy in almost any matchup. Last but not least, Desert of the Glorified and Desert of the True are a little help against flooding, which is always useful.
1 month ago
I like that you use interesting cards. Its look like you prepared for everything on the table.
Im busy to tapping my general in Disciple of Deceit - Combos PDH too. There is way much spells that can help you. Hidden Strings is my favorite. You can untap Siren three times in turn with it!
Also, notable cards is Ebony Horse and Mobile Garrison (that have exact 2 crew!).
And for sure, dont forget to add Survivors' Encampment and Holdout Settlement for extra tap each turn.
1 month ago
Hey, Looking at the cards that have been spoiled for Dominaria so far Golgari appears to be the color of Fungi and Saprolings. I suggest focusing on Golgari and how currently you can make Saprolings work in those colors.
Fungal Infection is a good one drop for Saprolings. There's already a nice Golgari curve forming: Infection into Sporecrown Thallid or Saproling Migration into Slimefoot, the Stowaway. Golgari is nice because you can play up to 12x green/black dual lands: Cemetery, Blooming Marsh and Foul Orchard there's also Survivors' Encampment with Saproling tokens could be a good land.
Song of Freyalise is also interesting using Saprolings for two turns to ramp into Tendershoot Dryad or kicked Migration and then the third turn giving your army of Saprolings a pump, lots of abilities to attack along with the city's blessing from Tendershoot could be a lot of damage.
Good luck with your deck.